Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Ether Frenzy posted:

If we weren't meant to devour barely-dead animals we wouldn't have pointy teeth. Eat meat or admit you don't believe in evolution.

And if god didn't want us to eat animals, then he shouldn't have made them so tasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

So Volvo S80s have nearly the same wheelbase as Landy 110 chassis. I think I know what my apocalypse rig would look like.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

So Volvo S80s have nearly the same wheelbase as Landy 110 chassis. I think I know what my apocalypse rig would look like.
I do actually have enough spare cars/parts lying around to stick a Landie drivetrain under a Cappo...

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

People don't eat meat fine, whatever but I think you're missing out on some wonderful things.

People that don't eat cheese or ice cream by choice? You're gonna get this look from me :stare:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hey man, the cow didn't ask or consent to have its udders violated.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Cakefool posted:

Mad Max: Fury cul de sac

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

stump posted:

So shiny, So Chrome, So middle class.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

So replacing the leaky seal on the LS1 puts me at least halfway through getting the cam swapped.

Anyone got suggestions on good cams these days? :getin: Seems like most of what I'm finding is 10+ year old info, back before anyone looking to make power made sure to start with a 6.0/6.2.

Apparently the GM Hot Cam is a pretty decent cam. Howards also has a version of that came that's just a hair more aggressive. Probably what I'll eventually pick up for a 6.0/6.8 build.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
Ticket for mad max acquired, tomorrow at 1:50.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

stump posted:

Hyacinth Bucket as Immortan Bouquet.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

https://occamslaser.bandcamp.com/

Mad Max themed retro synth music

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I just met Kate Upton

She's v cute irl

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
So I'm sitting here in my hotel room in Kentucky completely allergic to something local? Tree pollen is what everyone is telling me. It's terrible. Nothing will touch it. Allegra D, Muscinex, Claritin. Ugh. Oh well I still went bourbon/moon shine tasking today. That helped clean my throat out, haha.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

InitialDave posted:

IT'S BOUQUET!

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Sitting in front of a benihana when dudebro rolls up in a gtr and proceeds to argue with the valet guy about not being able to park in a valet spot. He could have saved a stupid argument and a tow by parking 30 feet away :ughh:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tusen Takk posted:

I just met Kate Upton

She's v cute irl

Eh, she's ok.

I was just talking about her today. Dat girl fine.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Tusen Takk posted:

I just met Kate Upton

She's v cute irl

Did you look at her and giggle because you've seen her naked?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ether Frenzy posted:

If we weren't meant to devour barely-dead animals we wouldn't have pointy teeth. Eat meat or admit you don't believe in evolution.

My wife went vegetarian simply because she hates animals being treated cruelly and we can't afford free range/grain free for every meal for two of us.

I eat a lot of meat, but it's not hard or even unsustainable to not eat meat every drat meal. It's not omginternetzcool to say that, but oh well.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

gently caress Yes accepted a job offer. Been out of work since February, start in 10 days. Feels good. Now to celebrate (drink heavily).

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

some texas redneck posted:

I had you pegged closer to 40 when I met you. Mind blown.
Yeah, I know. My dad doesn't look like he's 62, either. I had nothing to do with it, no clean livin' or anything. Just good genes.

quote:

My church just asks for whatever you can spare, and if you can't spare anything, no big deal. They don't say "hey we expect you to give us X percent!". But it's one o dem liberal churches that accepts the gays, atheists, pagans, etc (Unitarian Universalist).

The general rule of thumb is something like 10% tithe, at least so I've heard, but there's no actual requirement other than guilt. :D
I give what I've got on me when I happen to end up in church.

some texas redneck posted:

I'm a bit behind in classes thanks to the whole hospital bit, so I was the last one who hadn't taken the 801 A+ exam. I was nervous, but blew through it in about 15 minutes, and passed with a good bit of headroom (passing score is 675, I scored 800). When I walked out of the test room, my instructor happened to be walking by. He stared, and said "you're already done?"

The 802 portion of A+ covers a lot more than I expected, and the practice tests have been giving me trouble. Never figured I'd have any issues with A+. But hopefully I'll get that knocked out on Tuesday. A handful of people in the class have failed it on the first (and second) attempt.

The class has moved on to MTA Networking Fundamentals (for all of 2 weeks, then Network+). I'm falling asleep watching the videos, and I'm pretty sure I can blow through that cert right now and likely pass it - one person in the class already has. The only parts that have been covered so far that I wasn't 100% down with are the OSI model (never cared enough to know it) and class A and B private IP ranges.

I barely remember all of that stuff, which tells you how much I've actually been using it while janitoring.
I would like to do more network stuff - that's a slightly better career path than the Workstation stuff I'm doing.
I'm actually a Mac guy, but the past head Mac Guy didn't like me or something (never did get a straight answer) so I've been Windows exclusinve for the last 4 years. The fired one of the Mac guys here for, well, and now want me to help the remaining Mac guy part time. Mind you, they dont' want to reduce my tickets on the Windows side to accommodate that.
I really want to go back to the Mac stuff. There's a lot fewer techs that know Mac, and NONE of them are Indian, which means they get paid better. Our offshore team has no clue about them, so me and the other Mac guy do EVERYTHING related to the Macs - software, hardware, service, even some servers. I'm trying to help out, but too many damned Windows tickets, and they're all hands and feet stuff, which means they take longer, because that's what us onsite guys are for.
At least I'm busy, I guess.

Those are amazing! Sadly, I don't see the War Rig in the coming soon. Doof Wagon, though!
May have to change my avatar now...

Tusen Takk posted:

Holy poo poo found my next av

Never mind, then. I do like my supercharger, still.

Negromancer posted:

I am not sure how posted the link to these gifs, but I need this for a avatar

I tried resizing it to fit the size restrictions, but it just is way too small to tell wtf is going on. Does anyone have the time/expertise to crop out the words and get it avatar sized for me?

http://ezgif.com/
Use Crop to crop, the Resize to get it to 150 x whatever.
And there ya go:

Terrible Robot posted:

quick and dirty, I'll keep playing with it.

Well, poo poo. F.B. Process is still valid, so I'll leave it. EZGIF is handy.

Terrible Robot posted:

:tipshat:
I used ezgif.com to make those, as well as my avatar. Super easy to use, and it's got all the standard tools used to compress gifs into usable sizes.

See?

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I'm going to see fury road for the fifth time tonight

Help

Help you go see it again? Why certainly. Do you accept Paypal? :D

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Korwen posted:

gently caress Yes accepted a job offer. Been out of work since February, start in 10 days. Feels good. Now to celebrate (drink heavily).

Congratulations!

Enjoy the weekend, perfect time to booze up

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
NWS but uhhhh if you're a Rammstein fan Lindemann released a solo song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWE_M0CX9So

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Oh hell yes. This just landed. Witness my glorious basement.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, I know. My dad doesn't look like he's 62, either. I had nothing to do with it, no clean livin' or anything. Just good genes.

The general rule of thumb is something like 10% tithe, at least so I've heard, but there's no actual requirement other than guilt. :D
I give what I've got on me when I happen to end up in church.

I barely remember all of that stuff, which tells you how much I've actually been using it while janitoring.
I would like to do more network stuff - that's a slightly better career path than the Workstation stuff I'm doing.
I'm actually a Mac guy, but the past head Mac Guy didn't like me or something (never did get a straight answer) so I've been Windows exclusinve for the last 4 years. The fired one of the Mac guys here for, well, and now want me to help the remaining Mac guy part time. Mind you, they dont' want to reduce my tickets on the Windows side to accommodate that.
I really want to go back to the Mac stuff. There's a lot fewer techs that know Mac, and NONE of them are Indian, which means they get paid better. Our offshore team has no clue about them, so me and the other Mac guy do EVERYTHING related to the Macs - software, hardware, service, even some servers. I'm trying to help out, but too many damned Windows tickets, and they're all hands and feet stuff, which means they take longer, because that's what us onsite guys are for.
At least I'm busy, I guess.

Those are amazing! Sadly, I don't see the War Rig in the coming soon. Doof Wagon, though!
May have to change my avatar now...

Never mind, then. I do like my supercharger, still.

http://ezgif.com/
Use Crop to crop, the Resize to get it to 150 x whatever.
And there ya go:

Well, poo poo. F.B. Process is still valid, so I'll leave it. EZGIF is handy.

See?

Help you go see it again? Why certainly. Do you accept Paypal? :D
Oh poo poo I think my link broke earlier but

Tusen Takk posted:

Would someone be able to make the background transparent in this? Or make a 150x150 that isn't smooshed

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

It annoying when someone says they are into cars but find out they dunno how to drive stick.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Holy poo poo, what the gently caress is going on with the mobile app update :stare:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

InitialDave posted:

Holy poo poo that would be amazing

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Super Aggro Crag posted:

It annoying when someone says they are into cars but find out they dunno how to drive stick.

I was super into cars but no one I knew had a stick when I learned how to drive. It took until I was 20 years old in 2000 just starting out at the auto auction to learn.

I learned over the course of about 45 minutes one slow shift in the auction lot, on a '99 Mustang Cobra. :getin:

The clutch did not survive.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

opengl128 posted:

Where the gently caress did you get that

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Super Aggro Crag posted:

This would annoy the poo poo out of me when I worked in the junkyard. On any day when it was slow you could sneak out to the cars we recently bought and had your pick of stick shifts to completely destroy.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

opengl128 posted:

I haven't even seen the movie (yet) but that's cool as gently caress and i want one. Just a genuinely awesome and beautiful poster.

Riff Raff Van with diamond grill.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
I had a car salesman argue with me today about the existence of the 2016 Focus RS and whether it's coming to the US. He didn't know about it until I said something, and then proceeded to argue with me about a car he didn't know anything about. GOOD WAY TO NOT GET A SALE DUDE. I got his e-mail address just so that I could send him the press release from Ford's OWN WEB SITE announcing it as a global model. :mad:

I also drove a c63 and IS-F, both of which were good in their own way. I liked the manual mode on the IS-F, which doesn't upshift automatically at redline, but I didn't like how the transition to power @ 3k felt so abrupt. The c63 is absolutely bonkers and was like driving a rocket ship. It just wanted to go so easily and happily. The one I test drove had some paint nicks on the outside and pretty high miles though, so I'm not sure I could live with the specific car. I saw complaints about the feel of the C63 in reviews, but to me it felt pretty tight and good, certainly better than the IS-F (which was an 08 so doesn't have the revised suspension).

I'm still kind of in a bad mood about the salesman above. :colbert:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

cursedshitbox posted:

NWS but uhhhh if you're a Rammstein fan Lindemann released a solo song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWE_M0CX9So

Rammstein's last album was OK but left me a little underwhelmed, somehow.

This makes me want to build a Doof Wagon and go melt people's eardrums.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Mat_Drinks posted:

The c63 is absolutely bonkers and was like driving a rocket ship.

Facelift ones being 507hp! (Over here at least.)

But the noise they make, it's just the best.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

opengl128 posted:

I need this in my life. Where'd you get it? :aaaaa:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

T1g4h posted:

I need this in my life. Where'd you get it? :aaaaa:

Ebay, I just ordered one myself, it's pretty cheap too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/065-Mad-Max...=item35eb3ee55f

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Terrible Robot posted:

Uh, don't buy that, it's fake as poo poo. The real poster is a 24x36 screen printed beauty. They'll be over $100 on eBay, long sold out from Mondo.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Terrible Robot posted:

Sweeet, thanks. Just got me one. :)

opengl128 posted:

Uh, don't buy that, it's fake as poo poo. The real poster is a 24x36 screen printed beauty. They'll be over $100 on eBay, long sold out from Mondo.

Oh..

gently caress, they're like $150+

Mooseykins fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 6, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

opengl128 posted:

Aww, seriously? I miss out on all the cool stuff :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Mooseykins posted:

Oh..

gently caress, they're like $150+

yeah, uh...I'm poor and this works for now.

• Locked thread