Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Did anyone else here think the last boss went on a little bit too long?

Only the first time, because I was learning his attacks and I had trouble landing all three hits in a row to that giant tentacle thing in order to progress the battle forward. After I died a few times I knew everything well enough that I blazed through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Anidav posted:

Augh but I was saving up for it because disruptor grenades loving suck.
Save up for the custom blaster at level 17 instead! It rules and comes with point sensors(great) and bubbler(very great), costs like 10,500 or something I think

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

Augh but I was saving up for it because disruptor grenades loving suck.

I am the only person in this thread who will vouch for the rapid blaster: i don't think it's that bad. If you think the regular blaster shoots too slowly then the rapid blaster is fine. Yeah, it does less damage, but it can still kill people around corners.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
But leveling up takes so long due to lovely teams in ranked. Zero exp for a knockout. We all want to get better but come on Splatoon. You already give me squat poo poo in Turf War and you gotta give me a 3 Kracken team vs l33t aerospray clan team over there. Then you give me zero exp for it.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The Rapid Blaster is the best Splatoon parallel to the Demoman, in my opinion. The gun itself is like airdet stickies with their long range but the gun really compliments its secondaries. The standard one sets land mine traps and you get your Ubercharge but the Rapid Blaster Deco gives you stickybombs and even more stickybombs. It doesn't work if you play like a Soldier but if you play it like a Demoman it's a good loadout. Anyways thakns for reading my post.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

mabels big day posted:

I am the only person in this thread who will vouch for the rapid blaster: i don't think it's that bad. If you think the regular blaster shoots too slowly then the rapid blaster is fine. Yeah, it does less damage, but it can still kill people around corners.
But it's also slower to kill around corners/platforms because the splash damage is so low.

Anidav posted:

But leveling up takes so long due to lovely teams in ranked. Zero exp for a knockout. We all want to get better but come on Splatoon. You already give me squat poo poo in Turf War and you gotta give me a 3 Kracken team vs l33t aerospray clan team over there. Then you give me zero exp for it.
Just do what we all did before ranked was an option and grind in unranked with an aerospray/splattershot jr

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Reiley posted:

The Rapid Blaster is the best Splatoon parallel to the Demoman, in my opinion. The gun itself is like airdet stickies with their long range but the gun really compliments its secondaries. The standard one sets land mine traps and you get your Ubercharge but the Rapid Blaster Deco gives you stickybombs and even more stickybombs. It doesn't work if you play like a Soldier but if you play it like a Demoman it's a good loadout. Anyways thakns for reading my post.

The range on the rapid blaster is crap compared to a demoman's sticky bombs though. I don't think its even longer than the standard blaster while having significantly smaller burst.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Anidav posted:

You level up + earn cash way faster in ranked. If you win, you get ~2100 points, so if you win 50% of the time, you'll earn 1000 points in an average match, which is a good turf score. As you rank up you get more money per win, too, so it only gets better.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

dragon enthusiast posted:

Just won a ranked battle where our team of four rollers KO'd the other team using normal person guns

Were none of them using their subs? A seeker would take out a roller in a 1v1 like pie and even then, just walking backwards and shooting would've made the whole game easy

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I would love to buy double coin/exp boosters from the shop for like 50k just to help out Weekend warriors who don't want to be stuck at level 1X forever.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I'm not level 20 yet but all the weapons so far seem pretty viable to me to be honest

I dunno why anyone would want to just use the aerospray all day (the weird clothing min maxing thing is even worse)

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm not level 20 yet but all the weapons so far seem pretty viable to me to be honest

I dunno why anyone would want to just use the aerospray all day (the weird clothing min maxing thing is even worse)

i like winning it validates me as a person

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

I wear what I think looks cool and use whatever weapons I feel like ATM and I still maintain a b+ rank. The boosts feel small enough that minmaxing doesn't really matter a huge deal and with diminishing returns it just feels more useful to me to spread out your boosts

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Be sure not to miss the stunnah sunnies, that the missile is wearing, on the first volley during the final boss fight.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
The Aerospray is great for ambushes and any other situation where you can easily close the distance to soak them in ink, which will also cause it to kill in 4 hits pretty easily. It's loses hard to anything that can engage it from beyond that range, and sometimes it loses to someone who reacts well because of how inaccurate it is. The N-ZAP and even the Jr can 100% out duel it and I feel like those are its best match ups due to the range.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i will never surrender my stealth swimming / stealth jumping no matter how unfresh it makes me look. because my freshness comes from my foes many exploded corpses

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
This game can be incredibly frustrating when you have a little bit of lag

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Deceptive Thinker posted:

This game can be incredibly frustrating when you have a little bit of lag

or incredibly rewarding

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

noirstronaut posted:

Were none of them using their subs? A seeker would take out a roller in a 1v1 like pie and even then, just walking backwards and shooting would've made the whole game easy

the gold roller is good

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Reiley posted:

I did not enjoy the blaster but I may have to give the rapid blaster a shot if what you say is true.

I loves me some demo man.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Infinitum posted:

Be sure not to miss the stunnah sunnies, that the missile is wearing, on the first volley during the final boss fight.

Its bullshit that I can't get a pair of those for my squid to wear.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Sockser posted:

I did not enjoy the blaster but I may have to give the rapid blaster a shot if what you say is true.

I loves me some demo man.

It's not a perfect analogue but I think since the gun is good at spamming bursts further away than the blaster to deter people and the sub kits are focused on planting aggressive or defensive bombs (deco and standard, respectively) it's a good mindset to play the loadout with, especially if you have gear that reduces sub weapon ink cost.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Can you plant multiple mines?

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Anidav posted:

Can you plant multiple mines?

Nope, one at a time.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
It's sort of like if the demoman wasn't good at killing people

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I think the mines may be the worst sub in the game solely because you can only plant one. If I could drop three at a time, it'd be baller as all hell.

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
...and borderline require that bomb detection ability.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just had my first ever match where I didn't die a single time. I just unlocked the dual squelcher and I think I'm in love

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
Yea three mines would be hilarious over powered. Blaster is the only main weapon that can kill you around cover though so in organized team play it's going to have a very strong niche, even if it doesn't see widespread adoption in random play.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
three mines won't be so bad so long as they defuse if you ink over them.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The mines explode after, what, like 10 seconds? Maybe 3 is overkill, now that I think about Port and how you can essentially close down entire passage ways. Maybe three timed ones, but they have to be spread out a certain distance.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I just dislike that mines aren't a permanent thing. Don't they like explode in their own after a time?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Also the worst sub is disruptor and the best sub is sprinkler. Going against really good sprinkler placement is such a nightmare.

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.

Bean posted:

Are you finding that people report the same clothing as having the same abilities? I thought it was all randomized, honestly.

Would anyone be interested in gathering pictures of the clothing? I can't believe there isn't a database yet. What would be the best place that we could all upload, does imgur do albums with more than one person contributing? The only other thing I know is either photobucket or flickr.

I was under the impression that each article was unique, but honestly haven't looked at it that deeply yet. I'm planning to dump the spreadsheet into a database and make the thing more user friendly. Adding pics is easy enough (provided you all do heavy lifting for me.) So if people want to gather pictures go ahead.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Also the worst sub is disruptor and the best sub is sprinkler. Going against really good sprinkler placement is such a nightmare.

Blasters can one-shot sprinklers, its a lot of fun.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I think I finally learned how use the Splatershot Pro. At first I was still doing thing like a roller and get in people faces only to splatted myself. It seems to be better to for middle range battle which is good since that seems to stop most Aerospray users. Also it nice to be able to throw bombs again. The only thing I hate about it is it runs out of ink fast even with one Main saver and 2 Bomb Savers. Oh well time to get new threads.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
This got a laugh out of me.

It boggles my mind how many of the people in the lobby at any given time are able to draw decently to great.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
hide your loving reticles!!!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I think burst bombs are the worst. They do barely any damage and spread barely any ink so what's the point of them? I've been killed by them a grand total of once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Brightman posted:

This got a laugh out of me.

It boggles my mind how many of the people in the lobby at any given time are able to draw decently to great.

I think the lobby is a mix between people you've played with and people who have high-rated Miiverse posts. I drew a post that a lot of people said, "I saw you in my lobby!" but I only played one game at the time so there's no way I could have been in all their games.

This was my post where I started popping up all over

• Locked thread