Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I'll give it a bite. Trip report to follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-adaowehIk

the only cheez for me

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Malf posted:

Beer is gross and craft beer is hilarious especially when it's from a 'microbrewery' but is also magically available in every bar, pub and shop in the entire country.

This may come as a shock, but people like different things.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
PYF Recent Purchases: Please don't cheese-shame.

Content:

Got some nerd stuff:

Samsung 28" 4k monitor

EVGA 980 ti

Let's see what this 4k thing is all about.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

Malf posted:

Beer is gross and craft beer is hilarious especially when it's from a 'microbrewery' but is also magically available in every bar, pub and shop in the entire country.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Anyway, onto goodness. Highland Park 12 year old. Awesome single for the price and a good starter for anyone wanting to explore the world of whiskeys.
UK goons this is currently on offer in Tesco at £25 a bottle, unbelievable value.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Fozaldo posted:

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Anyway, onto goodness. Highland Park 12 year old. Awesome single for the price and a good starter for anyone wanting to explore the world of whiskeys.
UK goons this is currently on offer in Tesco at £25 a bottle, unbelievable value.

Nice bottle of distilled beer you got there

e: not whiskey though

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 15:07 on Jun 5, 2015

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

An IWC Pilot homage watch by Parnis:

I have another Parnis homage watch, and they're good quality. Nice weight and movements.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I bought a £700 monitor, how was your day?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

This stuff tastes like clarified monkey piss and only has pricepoint as an attraction

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

ChocNitty posted:

An IWC Pilot homage watch by Parnis:

I have another Parnis homage watch, and they're good quality. Nice weight and movements.

I have one of their 44mm Pam homages, and I've been wanting a pilot forever, but there are just too many to choose from to make a decision.

bummer dude
Jun 20, 2004

duuuude

RolandTower posted:

I just found a bunch of Jack Spade Oxford shirts marked down to $30 each which is the price point at which I can finally do what I've wanted to do for a while and exchange much of my collared shirt wardrobe for Jack Spade. They make a really well cut shirt.

Link?

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~

more pics http://www.mgbwhome.com/FRANCO-SECTIONALBRavailable-online-and-in-stores-P11850.aspx

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Nice bottle of distilled beer you got there

e: not whiskey though

Uhhhh definitely a bottle of whisky. Maybe try reading with your eyes?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

big mean giraffe posted:

Uhhhh definitely a bottle of whisky. Maybe try reading with your eyes?

Yes it is whisky. But not whiskey.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Yes it is whisky. But not whiskey.

It's a regional spelling difference, not an actual difference in the product. Don't try to be such a goony loving pedant.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

big mean giraffe posted:

It's a regional spelling difference, not an actual difference in the product. Don't try to be such a goony loving pedant.

I'm not the one that pointed it out. If you recognized the distinction but still insisted on being a dick about it, then maybe you're the pedant here.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

2015 Cooper S 4D. Hells yeah, gently caress you money.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

I've been spending a lot of my "essentials" budget in the "neat, comics!" budget. No regrets yet.

Also, bought a cheap backpacking pad because I'm going camping next weekend. :gooncamp:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Tulip Candy posted:

I've been spending a lot of my "essentials" budget in the "neat, comics!" budget. No regrets yet.

You're going to be like me and regret that you pick up the trades, and you're going to be behind on the montly releases. (I can't wait for volume 5 to come out, but I can't start buying it month-to-month now! I bought it in one format and my OCD won't let me switch now!)

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.
Did not think of that. I am hosed.

I will make up for it by buying more comics to resist the urge.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I'm not the one that pointed it out. If you recognized the distinction but still insisted on being a dick about it, then maybe you're the pedant here.

Girls, girls, you're both pretty.

Content: just bought some new hiking boots, Keen Targhee II Mids, as my previous pair got shredded while hiking in the Estacata state park in Oregon. Highly recommended, particularly given the price point.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

These are the nut clusters that the gods eat. When you cluster nuts/seeds you unleash their true potential.

colas has a new favorite as of 00:03 on Jun 6, 2015

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

This guy just arrived from Japan:

Valency
Feb 3, 2010

HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT

SLOSifl posted:

What's up mini buddy :hfive:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Impulse buy, drat you witcher.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

SLOSifl posted:

What the the gently caress is wrong with you? That clearly isn't electric blue. All this cheese talk got me to get some Maytag.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Valency posted:

What's up mini buddy :hfive:

Greetings mini comrades!

Immanentized has a new favorite as of 04:16 on Jun 6, 2015

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Hey I almost picked Volcanic Orange it could have been a disaster.

^^ be careful with your "bonnet" dude!

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 04:16 on Jun 6, 2015

Valency
Feb 3, 2010

HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT

Volcanic orange with the black top, caps, and stripes was what I really wanted, but my choices were really limited by wanting a manual transmission.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I just bought this because I am terrible with large financial decisions.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Two katooms is always a great choice!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Digital_Jesus posted:

I just bought this because I am terrible with large financial decisions.

While you'll die young and not leave a pretty corpse at least you'll look cool while you do it.

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Impulse buy, drat you witcher.

I have one and really like it but be prepared for insane coil whine. Thankfully it's only a thing on loading screens and such but mine's loud enough that you can hear it from several feet away.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Bought potatoes and eggs to pretend like I know how to cook:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

kloa posted:

Bought potatoes and eggs to pretend like I know how to cook:

Dont over cook your eggs man...

A quick way to have yummy potatoes in the morning is to bake them the night before then place them in your fridge. In the morning just slice them up, season to taste and fry back to hot (preferably in some bacon grease you already cooked).

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Yeah, I usually flip them for over-easy, but thought I'd try sunny side for a change. It was a little runny still!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

SSO Atacka-4 60L backpack. Should be big enough to carry all my crap when I go out on weekends to play pretend Russian soldier.

Zentrenched
Jun 7, 2005

It's all noise to me.

Cannot go wrong with Kendal mint cake.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Dont over cook your eggs man...

A quick way to have yummy potatoes in the morning is to bake them the night before then place them in your fridge. In the morning just slice them up, season to taste and fry back to hot (preferably in some bacon grease you already cooked).

Or just toss em in the microwave for a few minutes, then cube and fry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

I have one and really like it but be prepared for insane coil whine. Thankfully it's only a thing on loading screens and such but mine's loud enough that you can hear it from several feet away.

That's why I went with the Asus. Mine is so quiet I don't think I've ever heard it over the speakers. 970 is a beast of a card though, especially sli.