Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I don't care about any of this g*y hippie bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im loving that conservatives are literally defending a pedophile

Jesus can forgive anything except for being gay. Gays and liberals are therefore worse than pedophiles.

I think that's the logic anyways. It's really bizarre.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

Stolen valor vigilantes end up erroneously calling out a guy for being a fake, turns out the dude is actually a legit vet.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...g/?tid=pm_pop_b
These people need to chill the gently caress out. 99% of these stolen valor people are just trolls or hardcore aspergtards

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Handsome Ralph posted:

Stolen valor vigilantes end up erroneously calling out a guy for being a fake, turns out the dude is actually a legit vet.

I knew he was legit right away because nobody pretends to be a lance

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

They probably use cell phones and have electricity at their houses too :jerkbag:

I bet you're a real life of the party IRL.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress hippies. As any Californian will tell you, the only thing worse than the Catholics, Mormons, and die-hard Republican ranchers are the loving hippies.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
The only person of Indian heritage I interact with seems to embrace his heritage, as its in all his communications:

Chief financial officer.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Dr. Josef Mengele posted:

These people need to chill the gently caress out. 99% of these stolen valor people are just trolls or hardcore aspergtards

Trudat.

Also, ppl should be more upset at the some of the 100% VA folks who basically are/were full of poo poo and go on to be paid fire-fighters, cops, or other high-stress physically demanding jobs.
If some fucktard in a goofy fake uniform wants to get 10% off at Home Despot or get a free diarrhea inducing chicken fried steak at Mary's AllNight poo poo Diner that affects the country's bottom line way less than Seaman Joey claiming PTSD for someone stealing his socks to jack off into and then going all mental about it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I had to fill in for some of those fuckin' civilian gate guards at Benning a couple of years back. Nearly every single one of them is on 100% disability, and / or retirement, and quite happy to tell you about it.

Not exactly super high stress, but still.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Before deploying we got put in a school circle and the local VA guy came out to tell us that he is on 100% disability, and YOU can TOO! Did you know there are no testable symptoms of tinnitus? Well you do now!

On the other hand, if the only people who needed the VA were actually messed up we'd probably defund the VA even more, because people who look ugly and aren't whole don't have the same feelings as a good hearted real American. So maybe every other veteran being on some bullshit disability actually helps. Maybe. I don't know. None of this would be a problem if health care wasn't so spectacularly hosed up in this country. If it was just like "oh you have a crippling mental problem? Great here is treatment" instead of a complicated and easily abusable system for 1% of the population and jack poo poo for the rest unless they jump through a billion hoops and wait several years to get SS disability that pays too little to live on.

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015

Best Friends posted:

Before deploying we got put in a school circle and the local VA guy came out to tell us that he is on 100% disability, and YOU can TOO! Did you know there are no testable symptoms of tinnitus? Well you do now!

On the other hand, if the only people who needed the VA were actually messed up we'd probably defund the VA even more, because people who look ugly and aren't whole don't have the same feelings as a good hearted real American. So maybe every other veteran being on some bullshit disability actually helps. Maybe. I don't know. None of this would be a problem if health care wasn't so spectacularly hosed up in this country. If it was just like "oh you have a crippling mental problem? Great here is treatment" instead of a complicated and easily abusable system for 1% of the population and jack poo poo for the rest unless they jump through a billion hoops and wait several years to get SS disability that pays too little to live on.

Tinnitus is 10% max so idk

I used to feel bad about what the VA pays me but now I just consider it my pension for wasting 6 years of my life, especially now that I see what people have in their retirements funds already at my age with my company

gently caress 'em, squeeze every cent you can

The VA problem fixes itself because the only people that actually use it are the poor and old and super sick, because anyone that can afford real healthcare uses that instead. Its why every VA clinic or hospital is the most depressing thing you can imagine outside of a hospice

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

not caring here posted:

I had to fill in for some of those fuckin' civilian gate guards at Benning a couple of years back. Nearly every single one of them is on 100% disability, and / or retirement, and quite happy to tell you about it.

Not exactly super high stress, but still.

Around here they're either that or idiots who failed their probie with local PD.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Handsome Ralph posted:

Local media has obviously been talking about nothing but this for the past week. Its been pretty fascinating to watch everyone come out of the wood work.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
What I don't get is why does this fat gently caress former marine cop start using this supposed army dude as some kind of expert on VA ID's and shows it to him.

How in the slightest gently caress is showing some random dude someone else's ID with possibly sensitive information on it okay?

If he's active or reserve, he needs to be kicked out of the army. Not necessarily for this incident, but you can just imagine what a cocksucker he is at work if this is what he is like in public.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

not caring here posted:

If he's active or reserve, he needs to be kicked out of the army. Not necessarily for this incident, but you can just imagine what a cocksucker he is at work if this is what he is like in public.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Agreed, kick everyone active or reserve out of the Army

The thing I don't get, which we all here already know, is being in the military is so gosh darn embarrassing and I lie to people about what I do that like, how dumb you gotta be to lie about being in the service?

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 6, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

look out world, here comes the National Guard.

the caffeine free diet coke of armies

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

maffew buildings posted:

The thing I don't get, which we all here already know, is being in the military is so gosh darn embarrassing and I lie to people about what I do that like, how dumb you gotta be to lie about being in the service?

Some people still think it means something.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Dingleberry posted:

Seaman Joey claiming PTSD for someone stealing his socks to jack off into
TRIGGER WARNING!!!!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

look out world, here comes the National Guard.

the caffeine free diet coke of armies

When most of the world fields the poo poo-shack water that seeps in to the Ganges militaries, it's not hard to look like you know what you're doing

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Triple Crown!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That horse is literally going to spend the rest of its life getting laid

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Pretty jealous of the amount of tail American Pharaoh is going to catch now. :horse:

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

maffew buildings posted:

I was talking to my army buddy about this actually. How sad does your lot in life have to be that you WANT to be associated with a group that is widely regarded as broken, PTSD riddled sociopaths who are on the verge of shooting up a school/their workplace at any given moment?

Hi NSA!

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Pretty jealous of the amount of tail American Pharaoh is going to catch now. :horse:

pretty jealous of how much American Pharaoh is going to get paid every time he has sex for the rest of his life

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

at the date posted:

pretty jealous of how much American Pharaoh is going to get paid every time he has sex for the rest of his life

Some Irish stable paid $9.8 mil for iirc 2 years of stallion rights. $13.8 mil if he wins the triple crown.

E: I guess he already won vOv

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Waroduce posted:

MERS prompts quarantine of US military base in S.Korea

I know most people blazed past this, but no, it wasn't. It was a Korean guy who had contact, and he was quarantined but not the base. He didn't work in the joint areas.

http://www.stripes.com/news/korean-officer-tests-positive-for-mers-at-osan-air-base-1.350515

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Whip Slagcheek posted:

The guy who owns that horse also owns his sire, so now he has two horses that almost literally jizz money.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32996009

I don't understand why starcraft is still so loved there. Nor why someone would need such a huge loving scar for some surgery.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It's those meatball surgeons.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

nullscan posted:

I know most people blazed past this, but no, it wasn't. It was a Korean guy who had contact, and he was quarantined but not the base. He didn't work in the joint areas.

http://www.stripes.com/news/korean-officer-tests-positive-for-mers-at-osan-air-base-1.350515

Ooo my bad. I pulled it off a cnn headline while I was at the gym

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Don't make the mistake of confusing modern CNN with news. They're just Fox with less overt racism.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CNN doesn't even show news at night anymore. Both channels show Forensic Files all night long.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
24 hour news channels peaked from '03 to '12.

Literally lol if you're still old media

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I get all of my news from Buzzfeed.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Whip Slagcheek posted: