Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Voyager I posted:

Before you came back, there was at least one time when we got reimbursement for a region cancelled by broadcasting an insurance fraud fleet at the end of deployments!

But yeah, I would assume there is something deeper going on than "we want you to come home" if they're going to the extent of nuking membercorps. Maybe this kind of communication happened over our heads, maybe there' just assholes with grudges!

I was back and running that deployment it was a joke ping that atrum burst a blood vessel over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

ullerrm posted:

That's 99% of it. HS prides themselves on being strong independent brutor women who don't need no coalition. This rubs some people the wrong way.

More of a battered housewife. People have tried to lead fleets while in hole squad and been dunked by blues for it. If you are a blue you can shoot us and nobody will stop you (not even us, we have to just run).

EDIT: If I could pop out of the hole, jump to a clone at staging and do some ops I would. I just can't do that with a character that people in my fleet are going to shoot at.

NovemberMike fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 6, 2015

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Zasze posted:

I was back and running that deployment it was a joke ping that atrum burst a blood vessel over.

Sorry, I always get your SA account mixed up with Schaden.

But yeah, I would definitely like to see more about this than menacing all-all pings.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
Woke up to no forums or jabber access and no prior warning of what was to come. BOS and by extension SV sure did get owned.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

NovemberMike posted:

EDIT: If I could pop out of the hole, jump to a clone at staging and do some ops I would. I just can't do that with a character that people in my fleet are going to shoot at.

This would be a nice thing to be able to do.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

drat, you guys aren't even being subtle about wanting SV gone. :staredog:

#BoSdidnothingwrong

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

scandoslav posted:

This would be a nice thing to be able to do.

It is time to leave the oppression of the imperium behind. Apply to ISRAD today. Bring your friends. Leave Fix Lag behind to wallow in the ocean of piss and poo poo that is goonfleet.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

It is time to leave the oppression of the imperium behind. Apply to ISRAD today. Bring your friends. Leave Fix Lag behind to wallow in the ocean of piss and poo poo that is goonfleet.

So dozer about that fight on sunday.............

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zasze posted:

It's "just a joke" after you got owned by Brother Venificus but you know you woulda did it.

Zasze posted:

So dozer about that fight on sunday.............

Didn't you just lose 90% of SV and Johnny Rah?

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

Didn't you just lose 90% of SV and Johnny Rah?

:thejoke:

also we purged johnny rah like well over a year and a half ago he is topgoons problem now :colbert:

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
What happened to TGR? I miss the old Kugu crowd.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Zasze posted:

also we purged johnny rah like well over a year and a half ago he is topgoons problem now :colbert:

They purged him too, I think he's finally in Brave now.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Zasze posted:

The topgoon in-game channel says "NO JOHNNY RAHS IN ANY FLEETS THIS IS NOT a JOKE."

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
faaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Viva Miriya posted:

It's "just a joke" after you got owned by Brother Venificus but you know you woulda did it.

I'm the guy that sent the ping. It was like 99% a joke, then idiots thought it wasn't a joke and did stupid things and then we got our pee-pees smacked.

grumplestiltzkin fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jun 6, 2015

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Zasze posted:

directorbot
6:40:06 :toot: :toot: :toot: :commissar: Effective Immediately: Reimbursement in Syndicate, Cloud Ring, Outer Ring, and Fountain is suspended until further notice. End Transmission. :commissar: :toot: :toot: :toot:

~~~ This was a broadcast from atrum_veneficus to all at 2015-06-06 01:40:06.781690 EVE ~~~

You were saying :v:

Dr. Pangloss posted:

What's the reasoning for this? Just to keep people at home more? Not criticizing, I don't know enough to do so, just curious why this would happen.

quote:

(10:56:57 PM) directorbot: Reimbursement for Burn Jita Amarr is posted to the Affordable Care App.  Reimbursement for GSF is as follows:
- Catalyst: 10mil
- Brutix: 50mil
- Tornado: 60mil
- Talos: 85mil
Given the fact that we are handing out 15,000 catalysts for FREE, yes, you can get collect isk for showing up, picking up free ship, pressing F1, and filing claim.

Additionally, please join me in encouraging FCON's leadership to reach down, caress the fleshy patch where their testicles used to be, man up, and ENDORSE PARTICIPATION IN BURN JITA AMARR for their members! I'm now going to run away before mirana_balari can yell at me. That is all.

~~~ This was a broadcast from atrum_veneficus to opt-all at 2015-06-06 02:56:56.690199 EVE ~~~

I'm not sad about this, but maybe? GSF willing to Globby the reimbursement wallet to burn highsec :getin:

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Garr Ordo did nothing wrong.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

A post involving a thread in-joke, a jovial jab at a SIG and/or goon, a regurgitated game mechanic argument, possibly a meme, concluded with a catchphrase and "fart" (with an unspecified amount of "a"s) either at its beginning or end.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

A post involving a thread in-joke, a jovial jab at a SIG and/or goon, a regurgitated game mechanic argument, possibly a meme, concluded with a catchphrase and "fart" (with an unspecified amount of "a"s) either at its beginning or end.

same

#freebos

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

#boslivesmatter

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Wolfy posted:

On the other hand, Querns is probably going to murder all of us at eve vegas.

nah i don't hate hole squad

i just like making GBS threads on wormholes

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I'm the guy that sent the ping. It was like 99% a joke, then idiots thought it wasn't a joke and did stupid things and then we got our pee-pees smacked.
Joke or not, EG tried to do the exact same thing with their nightmares and it was fine and dandy.

(Yes, I know that EG has special slush funds of their own, and they get those slush funds by being loyal soldiers of the emperor. I've been advised and thought very carefully before making a statement like this in a public forum.)

Though that does suggest that SV could have a future if the sig followed EG's pattern. Not the elitism and blue-shooting parts, but the whole deploy places to gently caress things up at the direction of the direkkktorate. I know SV loves syndicate, but there's nothing important in syndicate. And half the time people are just complaining that syndicate is dead anyways.

Assuming of course that this isn't some sort of larger purge, and that the whole sig isn't considered tainted or something.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Klyith posted:

Joke or not, EG tried to do the exact same thing with their nightmares and it was fine and dandy.

(Yes, I know that EG has special slush funds of their own, and they get those slush funds by being loyal soldiers of the emperor. I've been advised and thought very carefully before making a statement like this in a public forum.)

Though that does suggest that SV could have a future if the sig followed EG's pattern. Not the elitism and blue-shooting parts, but the whole deploy places to gently caress things up at the direction of the direkkktorate. I know SV loves syndicate, but there's nothing important in syndicate. And half the time people are just complaining that syndicate is dead anyways.

Assuming of course that this isn't some sort of larger purge, and that the whole sig isn't considered tainted or something.

We have done that in the past. I still have poo poo down in Fountain from the last time we quelled Fountain Core at the behest of the direkkktorate, and SV is always happy to put Evoke back in their place whenever they get designs about Cloud Ring sov.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Wolfy posted:

#boslivesmatter

bangers and hash
Sep 27, 2003
Obligatory custom title.
#JusticeforBOS

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Great now I get to field all the lovely refugees trying to get into goonwaffe

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Klyith posted:

We have been doing that for like 2 years since suas stepped down, blawrf basically told us to do whatever since nothing of import was happening. We went to fountain and folded into main fleet for the grind and when it was over came back to syndicate.

Basically a shittier eg for quite some time.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Klyith posted:

This is a funny post because because EG gets money from the emperor, is elitist and shoots blues.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

grumplestiltzkin posted:

faaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Way ahead of ya

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?
#AllCorpsMatter

Best of luck to SV, but BOS didn't fit the suck metric. Too many ratting carriers and not enough strategic value seems to be more important in the upcoming era of crowded space.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Glory of Arioch posted:

nah i don't hate hole squad

i just like making GBS threads on wormholes
As someone who interacts with Wh pubbies daily, I understand. They are awful.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

eve is dead and we killed it

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I never thought EG would get SV kicked just because they felt that their title of "most elite pvp group" was threatened.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

CashEnsign posted:

What happened to TGR? I miss the old Kugu crowd.

I see him idle in gs_isk sometimes. In five years of knowing him I've only heard his voice once. He is a hard man to get ahold of.

As for "holesquad and being useful," yeah, I'd really like to be able to take my high sp characters out of wormhole space and do things but FCON (among others) is retarded and won't give us standings. Nobody in hole violence can go on mainfleet ops because of this.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Reverand maynard posted:

I never thought EG would get SV kicked just because they felt that their title of "most elite pvp group" was threatened.

I'd advise you to blah blah etc

Also, weak attempt 3/10

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Fix Lag posted:

I see him idle in gs_isk sometimes. In five years of knowing him I've only heard his voice once. He is a hard man to get ahold of.

As for "holesquad and being useful," yeah, I'd really like to be able to take my high sp characters out of wormhole space and do things but FCON (among others) is retarded and won't give us standings. Nobody in hole violence can go on mainfleet ops because of this.

There are two solutions to this. 1) Purge FCON 2) Purge FCON.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

I'd advise you to blah blah etc

Also, weak attempt 3/10

yeah your right but I'm in the middle of the most boring big fight of all time

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

SMA just got last hit on the ED- station, now they have to grind through it again.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
"130 new posts in the EVE thread in a few hours, what the hell happened?"

:frog::goon::holymoley::killdozer:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I picked the perfect time to leave. Killing SV and getting rid of reimbursement in half the galaxy. Goons just went full gay.

I resubbed just in time for this poo poo to go down and kill my urge to play again. Back to winning Eve :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...

Luigi Thirty posted:

There are two solutions to this. 1) Purge FCON 2) Purge FCON.

Battlestars. Anyone know if ribeye still plays?

• Locked thread