Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Why does the app no longer keep me logged in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Rumda posted:

Mine works fine, must be you.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Rumda posted:

i am also having this problem i just updated it and worked fine for like an hour and now it keeps kicking me out to the log in screen it's really frustrating and makes the app impossible to use and useless!!!!!!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rumda posted:

Happening to me too. It will stop loading pages ("failed to load") and subsequently log me out. Only solution is to force close the app and then log in again.

Android 5.1.1 Cyanogen 12.1

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Rumda posted:

Oh yeah I'm on a moto g android 5.0.2

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

OK, I'm in the right thread this time. At some point, the words inside spoiler tags have become visible through the black highlighting. The reveal spoilers app setting is off. How do I fix this?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

OK, I'm in the right thread this time. At some point, the words inside spoiler tags have become visible through the black highlighting. The reveal spoilers app setting is off. How do I fix this?
Sereri released a hotfix for the spoilers here

Sereri posted:

Wow, what an idiot mistake to make. :downs:

Update with spoiler fix is going out, or APK here

Now I have a question about how the FAB post button works: is the button dynamic in function? I was wondering if it would be able to see what post it is overlayed against and automatically quote that post. Probably not ya never know.

Nm the more i think about it the dumber the idea is

site fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 4, 2015

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Scrolling stopped being smooth for me after some of the new hot fixes, the text lags something awful now

On 1st Gen motox

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

site posted:

Sereri released a hotfix for the spoilers here

Yeah, and then I uploaded it on Google Play. Except for some reason the advanced mode was activated and it was saved as a draft instead. I fixed it this morning and it should be actually going out by now.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
So is the old dumb viewpager-style transition no longer an option, or is it just me being stupid and not recognising it in the list? Most of the transitions I tried out seemed gaudy and a little distracting.

I've currently set it to Stack since it's the closest thing, but the lack of an elevation shadow on the top frame throws me off a little.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Disable transitions (at the very top).

Might (but shouldn't) take a restart.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Embedded youtube vdeos no longer have the play button on the thumbnail to indicate it's a video instead of an image. I'm not sure if that's a bug/feature/option.

Samsung Galaxy S5.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

mastajake posted:

Embedded youtube vdeos no longer have the play button on the thumbnail to indicate it's a video instead of an image. I'm not sure if that's a bug/feature/option.

Samsung Galaxy S5.

Yeah, I noticed it only takes one tap on start a video instead of two like it used to. I've already started a bunch of videos accidentally by just grazing the video box, which is quite annoying and bad for my bandwidth usage.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
So I'm phone dumb and having issues.

There was an update to Awfulapp a few weeks back that made it stop working on my phone. I've got an S3 Mini running version 4.2.2. Every time I try to open it I immediately get an error saying "Unfortunately, Awful has stopped". Tried re-installing it but it didn't do anything. Anyone else had this issue/know a fix?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Sereri posted:

UI suggestion: instead of calling it "disabled", maybe call it something like "standard"? Since even when it's "disabled" there is still technically a transition going on. The current wording confused me until I tried every option and finally "disabled" it and realized that it didn't actually mean disabled.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
I'm getting lots of random shutdowns lately, seems to have gotten worse after the last update. I'm on a Galaxy Alpha.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Sereri posted:

Ah, thanks - I tried it before but it didn't seem to do anything (it kept using the previously-selected transition). Restarting fixed it though.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Just want to drop by say and thanks for an awesome app. I've only installed it this week but it has worked flawlessly so far on my Note 3.

I'm curious to know if the leper's colony / rap sheets will be coming in anytime soon? Or are they a ton of work to add.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I keep getting the bug where it fails to load content, then dumps my login cookie, then I log in again until a random time later where it repeats.

If it helps, it's only in the last two? Updates it started to happen.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

pinegala posted:

Scrolling stopped being smooth for me after some of the new hot fixes, the text lags something awful now

On 1st Gen motox

Same, on Droid Turbo. Forum and thread indexes are fine but scrolling inside a thread is awful stuttery since last update.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
I've had a few crashes recently either during or right after page load, but I don't know if it's related to the forums' general instability. I've cleared the app's data just in case though.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Testink

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
can someone tell me what the easiest way to post a photo is ? has anyone ever thought to add something like a "upload to imgur then post to thread" feature ?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

jonathan posted:

can someone tell me what the easiest way to post a photo is ? has anyone ever thought to add something like a "upload to imgur then post to thread" feature ?

imgur has an official app on android :eng99:

Active666
Apr 3, 2009
Can this be fixed?

ล้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

http://0xdeadcode.se/archives/473

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
^^^^ Whatever that is, it fucks up Chrome on Windows also sooooooo

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Yeah looks like a Chrome problem that also affects the system WebView - happens on the LG browser on my G3 too.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Active666 posted:

Can this be fixed?

ล้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

this is rad, why would you want to fix it

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Active666 posted:

Can this be fixed?

Lutha Mahtin posted:

this is rad, why would you want to fix it
Pretty much my reaction as well.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
It can probably be fixed, but the Skype for Linux team will be fixing it, not the Awful for Android team.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

W̲̺̩͂̋͂͒o̬͍̥͇͓͎̜̥ͮͦͤ̍̉ͯ͌̍̚r̖̙̘͍̟̼̝͌̉̀̅̓ͭ̚ͅk̬̃̋͌̄̉͗̈́̿̚s̖̱̖̠̻͛̍̆͂ ̟̦̑͑̈́̇͐̅̌̚f͈̩͔̗̼̔͆̉ͥo̰̩̰̊ͭͯ̆̋̑ͬr̮̝̮̰̣̽͂̓̽͋ ͎̰͖̓͊̾̀ͣ͂ͭ͑m̝̭̞̐ͪ̾̉̐ͪe̙͉ͤͤ,͔̟͓̰̝̙̲͖̐ͥ̏̈̄̆͒̀͌ ͙͙̥ͭ̊̍w̝̬͈ͪ͋ͩ͋̔̏͂̾͒o̰̹͂̊͌n̪̤̻̮̠̙̥ͤ́̒ͥ͋ͪ'̙̮̫̦̈́t̘͙̃ ̗̰̦͓ͣ͂ͯ̃̋̈́ͣf͎̤̻͔̥̥̔̐͐ͣͮͮî̯̱̒̇̇͌ͮx̦̮̗̲͕̩̳̤̿̚ ̖͎̞̖̖ͣ̍ͅ

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

mastajake posted:

Samsung Galaxy S5.

Me too on S4. Usually the only indication it's a video is that it is low-res or appears to be an awkward still.

Prize Loser
Nov 28, 2005

It's casual Friday! Pants are optional!
I think I may have found the second lowest priority issue with the app. When you edit a post the button on the confirmation dialogue says "post reply," leading to a moment of confusion. Maybe change it to "post changes" or something similar?

The lowest priority issue is thread posting.

Fronkey
Oct 20, 2008
Skipping ahead to a specific page number in a thread is kind of buggy.

To do it I have to
1 put in the page number
2 click the check mark
3 click OK

for it to work.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Fronkey posted:

Skipping ahead to a specific page number in a thread is kind of buggy.

To do it I have to
1 put in the page number
2 click the check mark
3 click OK

for it to work.

Replicated in 3.2.0.5

I'd never noticed it though, because I usually scroll through the pages using the spinner. You might find that to be faster?

Fronkey
Oct 20, 2008

ryanbruce posted:

Replicated in 3.2.0.5

I'd never noticed it though, because I usually scroll through the pages using the spinner. You might find that to be faster?

It's no big deal - sometimes i forget the order to do things in, though.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I didn't even know you could type in there

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

baka kaba posted:

I didn't even know you could type in there
Me either! It took me a few clicks to make it happen.

edit:

vvv I'm guessing it's the keyboard he's using vvv

ryanbruce fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 8, 2015

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
What checkmark? I type the number then hit OK and it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

hooah posted:

What checkmark? I type the number then hit OK and it goes.

If you type in a number and then hit the "Done" button on the keyboard, you still have to press okay as well.