Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.
Over 2 weeks now without having to play this awful game because of work. It almost feels like I'm cancer free and I have no urges whatsoever to play. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

brodoyouevengif posted:

Over 2 weeks now without having to play this awful game because of work. It almost feels like I'm cancer free and I have no urges whatsoever to play. :toot:

Have you heard about our lord and savior the IS-5?

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
look at the p88

probably not human. it fired all gold

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Seven?

Seven.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Hellsau posted:

Another premium soviet heavy tank? WG really knows where their bread is buttered.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

scamtank posted:

Seven?

Seven.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Double posting because this is important:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/cw-armageddon-rules

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Oh my god Wargaming makes some horrific choices but goddamn - this is hilariously stupid. That "license" mechanic is the dumbest poo poo they possibly could have done.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

That "license" mechanic is the dumbest poo poo they possibly could have done.

What?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Read the rules, it is very complicated and nonsensical.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Read the rules, it is very complicated and nonsensical.

I laughed a few times reading that. My co-workers are starting to finally catch on think I am crazy.

Seriously, what the gently caress are they thinking?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Haha, I think I just lost my team a game by accidentally cliff-diving in a 180hp T71. Can't blame pubbies for this one.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

scamtank posted:

Seven?

Seven.

Still no goddamned camo sale. I have naked tanks, you assholes. Sell me some cheap camo already.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Those rules are way to TL;DR and I'm sober. So I can only imagine the whole thing is going to be a massive cluster gently caress.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

the best part is the 1500 people who will have to farm up the points for the privilege of being able to dump away 12k gold for the tank

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Salean posted:

the best part is the 1500 people who will have to farm up the points for the privilege of being able to dump away 12k gold for the tank

i look forward to pointing and laughing at every IS-5 i see.

and every single one will say that theirs was free. yahuh buddy.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I'm looking forward to trying to scum my way into as many fights as possible with PINGU, including knocking clanmates out of the top 2500, just so I can get high enough within the clan to get one of the licenses so my fancy tank won't cost me more gold than winning a skirmish tournament would provide. JohnGaltSockPuppet you may be screwed.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Prav posted:

i look forward to pointing and laughing at every IS-5 i see.

and every single one will say that theirs was free. yahuh buddy.

You'll be able to tell because they will have 'special' camo on it.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

subhelios posted:

You'll be able to tell because they will have 'special' camo on it.

I thought that was all of them. I'm not sure if this'll make it more or less fun.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Hellsau posted:

I'm looking forward to trying to scum my way into as many fights as possible with PINGU, including knocking clanmates out of the top 2500, just so I can get high enough within the clan to get one of the licenses so my fancy tank won't cost me more gold than winning a skirmish tournament would provide. JohnGaltSockPuppet you may be screwed.

You're the Rossmum of our generation.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Tomorrow is D-Day. If they don't have Overlord as the only map in rotation, I will be very upset or something like that.

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.

Hellsau posted:

That would require me to want to actually log on and participate though... :suicide:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I figure with as scummy as they're being with this, it'll be the default 'thing' they'll do from now on. Top 1000 get a 'free' tank, 'x' amount more get to buy it for gold.

Most top clans can manage ~50 solid actives per night, and another 10-20 who'll come out of the woodwork for their 'free' tank. Which means the 'top 1000' will almost assuredly be a laundry list of clan players who are the 'chosen ones' in their groups (or the 'buddies' of the officers). Have they also hinted at the period of time you have to access/purchase the tank if you're in the 'also ran' group? Because if it's an unlimited amount of time, that's different from "you've got a week to buy or steal 50 bucks in gold, scrubs."

And this time around it's 12k. The T10 'premiums' from the proper campaigns are 25k. "Congratulations, you've placed high enough to *access* your reward. Now pay us $100, sucker." They might as well have made it so the Top 1000 get the tank free with the special camo, then made it purchasable to *anyone* who accrued even a single fame point during the event. They'd make a fortune.

I also wouldn't put it past Wargaming to put out the IS-5M, or a tank that's practically the same thing (maybe retool the upcoming autoloaded IS-3 to fire the APCR/HEAT mix), now that we're in Rudy/Cromwell B times.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 5, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

They're effectively just removing CW gold for the duration of the event, though. Any clan that wants to do this campaign is doing it to earn as many members the tank as possible. Any CW gold earned during the event would be put toward subsidizing the members' 12k gold purchase of the IS-5, and then for CW 2.0 those IS-5s will be used to earn the clan resources and influence in strongholds.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hellsau posted:

They're effectively just removing CW gold for the duration of the event, though. Any clan that wants to do this campaign is doing it to earn as many members the tank as possible. Any CW gold earned during the event would be put toward subsidizing the members' 12k gold purchase of the IS-5, and then for CW 2.0 those IS-5s will be used to earn the clan resources and influence in strongholds.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Except the IS-5, despite its nice ammo situation, is still using the IS-8's hull with the 45mm driver's window dead center on the hull. I can't see T8 Strongholds or CW deviating much from the standard of 50/100s, T32s, and the occasional IS-3.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Missing Name posted:

Tomorrow is D-Day. If they don't have Overlord as the only map in rotation, I will be very upset or something like that.

I still haven't seen Overlord, not even a single time. Then again, I've seen Stalingrad less than 10 times, so I think the game just doesn't like showing me new maps.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
This guy absolutely lost his mind when I outplayed him, which is entertaining enough. But then seeing that the person crying about the 'WG noob bonus' is a unicum re-roll (presumably) made it hilarious.

Sometimes all the bullshit and frustration is worth it.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Unicums and tomatoes seems to be the biggest whiners when you kill them. I once blind shot a unicum on Highway, and he would not stop bitching about how I was a loving camper, even if he was spotted going into a camping spot, was firing gold and had thousands of battles in the Hellcat. It was loving hilarious.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Rincewinds posted:

Unicums and tomatoes seems to be the biggest whiners when you kill them. I once blind shot a unicum on Highway, and he would not stop bitching about how I was a loving camper, even if he was spotted going into a camping spot, was firing gold and had thousands of battles in the Hellcat. It was loving hilarious.

Wait until to you kill a full-health newly-fashioned tier X G player (blue, of course) in your tier X arty. The whines make up for all the times you logged into Ensk.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Good news I discovered and wasn't aware of. Domination mode completes personal missions. Get those heavy and medium tank ones going. Or at least some of the earlier ones. I just completed the one for doing x damage within the first 2 minutes of the match in a medium. Pretty easy to do in that game mode. Fires and other module damage seems rare though.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

JuffoWup posted:

Good news I discovered and wasn't aware of. Domination mode completes personal missions. Get those heavy and medium tank ones going. Or at least some of the earlier ones. I just completed the one for doing x damage within the first 2 minutes of the match in a medium. Pretty easy to do in that game mode. Fires and other module damage seems rare though.

Huh. That's pretty cool actually.

Too bad I can't pick my TDs and there are no TDs to kill for MT-15.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

Can I get some confirmation on that? Because getting 12k damage done/taken seems kinda easy.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
Turned blue for the first time. Some RELIC guy on my team didn't like how I was positioning myself and kept tracking me. I executed him and I have zero regrets.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ELI PORTER posted:

Turned blue for the first time. Some RELIC guy on my team didn't like how I was positioning myself and kept tracking me. I executed him and I have zero regrets.

Good man.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

Can I get some confirmation on that? Because getting 12k damage done/taken seems kinda easy.

I wasn't able to finish HT 15 in domination mode. I only played the heavy tanks and garnered 7k in damage dealt. Maybe it'd work if the player stuck to the same tank throughout the battle?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is the top turret on the Paton worth it?

VV You don't need the top turret to mount the 105.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jun 6, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

^^ Check again.

BadLlama posted:

Is the top turret on the Paton worth it?

Yes because it allows you to mount the 105 mm.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jun 6, 2015

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

I wasn't able to finish HT 15 in domination mode. I only played the heavy tanks and garnered 7k in damage dealt. Maybe it'd work if the player stuck to the same tank throughout the battle?

When that mission completed, I played the t110e5 for launch, and then switched to the obj when I died. It was odd and interesting at the same time. That, or maybe another game overlapped to set it off? I was sure I completed it in domination though. I'll try some more tomorrow.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just checked, it's not possible to complete individual missions in domination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

yaay posted:

I think it's been getting better, but the more fun games are definitely ones where everyone goes all out trying to cap because it turns into the kind of retarded scrum that you never get to enjoy in normal play. Consequence free ramming and cliff jumping owns. I'm sure it'll be boring as gently caress if they try to change it for organised play though. Maybe if you get to use 3 your own tanks within a point limit.

Whoever decided to put Sand River into Domination mode should be put up against a wall and :commissar:.
A loving flag in the middle of the map with no cover is just retarded.
The city maps are pretty great though.