Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well at least we know now who the strongest of the 8 Kings is. It's the Whale King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

Coco's partner (the poison cooking guy) makes sense I guess but it's weird that we have a new guy in the spotlight so late in the series. Did he place highly on the popularity vote or something?

Both Sunny/Livebearer and Zebra/Brunch are definitely gonna be a blast to see though :allears:

i figure new guy might be a turncoat for one of the other groups trying to get the full course or else he's going to get red-shirted

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I seriously can't wait for more Livebearer faces and the inevitable Sani gross-out reaction faces. What an awesome match up!

Is anyone else ready for some Star back story? Why does he always look so sad?

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

i figure new guy might be a turncoat for one of the other groups trying to get the full course
This is exactly what I thought when he jumped in.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

antavila posted:

So in regards to which King is in which zone, I'm assuming now that:

Each character will go to their respective pet's ancestor.
Toriko will go to the Battle Wolf
Coco to the Raven
Sunny to the Snake

which leaves Zebra to the Dragon?

Derous is the king that is probably the one who will be a factor in CENTER, the mythic "bring out your dead" Hors d'oeuvre

Reiche posted:

Is anyone else ready for some Star back story? Why does he always look so sad?

I thought this was touched upon way back when he met Toriko and Komatsu at the Danger Zone Restraunt in the swamp.

He's apparently searching for an ingredient that he has either forgotten the taste to or the taste was taken from him.

For the longest time, I thought that the ingredient that he found on the brain wall in the Livebearer Arc (THE BEST ARC) was going to be the ingredient, until you know... it was revealed it was the taste of Billion Bird.

EDIT:

I just realized Whale King Moon is the thing the size of the moon that fell into the Black Triangle.

Let's wish for a Whale to take us to the Moon!

Seebach fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 5, 2015

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
I am so excited about what the coming chapters will show off. I loved the makeshift Brunch/Zebra pairing from the anime, now I get to see the manga do true justice to what this can bring. Sani/Livebearer just makes it even better.

Death Bot posted:

I think I remember it being implied/stated somewhere that "Frohze" was actual-Frohze's daughter.

Based on the pair's gender changing powers, and earth being cooked, I'm curious if Joa is actually Acacia.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Bring on the Livebearer chapters.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Looking forward to the moon whale being the Regal Mammoth 2.0. Another is going to be its eggs (caviar). Getting each item on Acacia's full course is going to require helping one of the eight kings get laid or give birth, or something.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Whales don't lay eggs dude

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Earth whales don't.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Looking forward to the moon whale being the Regal Mammoth 2.0. Another is going to be its eggs (caviar). Getting each item on Acacia's full course is going to require helping one of the eight kings get laid or give birth, or something.

ANOTHER is likely a different creature, given that the Moon Whale is the boss, but only seems to be related in that it'll make getting ANOTHER harder. Also, ANOTHER is what's supposed to make the Stardust Rivers in Area Six so I doubt it would be any sort of caviar.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Neither do most mammals, but the females still have them.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Toriko is totally the sort of series to talk about the delicious taste of mammal eggs.

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012

It's Toriko. Sharks aren't normally equipped with spas, tigers don't have alcohol for blood, and jellyfish do not grant superpowers. Whales not only have the possibility to lay eggs in gourmet world, but the eggs themselves would have some supernatural aspect about them (like having a disco ball effect where the different amounts of colored lights reflected indicates it's nutrient configuration).

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Deliciouscesium posted:

(like having a disco ball effect where the different amounts of colored lights reflected indicates it's nutrient configuration).

I'm legitimately surprised we haven't seen this yet. Maybe that gourmet DJ will come back and he'll have to spin some bitchin tunes to cook.

God I love this series.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

I'm pretty sure monkey testicles don't turn you into the opposite sex either, but here we are!

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

AnonSpore posted:

Toriko is totally the sort of series to talk about the delicious taste of mammal eggs.

We already had the Tiger Chicken miniarc.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Chapter 327

SETUP CONTINUES also some cool fish.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Chapter 327

SETUP CONTINUES also some cool fish.

:3: Libear :3:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

So we have an Atlantis-like civilization? Surrounded by 4-digit capture level creatures?

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say the whale king is a camping monster.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

So we have an Atlantis-like civilization? Surrounded by 4-digit capture level creatures?

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say the whale king is a camping monster.

And the difficulty is actually getting inside since its strength allowed its inhabitants to thrive

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The Toriko-Komatsu-Rin triangle continues at every opportunity.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Xelkelvos posted:

And the difficulty is actually getting inside since its strength allowed its inhabitants to thrive

And the busyness is all because they have to constantly feed the monster.
Toriko why are you so consistently good at delivering what we want from you.

Though Im glad there will be not much more Aimaru. Fuckin Aimaru. Every time he gets on screen poo poo gets stupid.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
What, you didn't like him teaching Toriko the ULTIMATE SETUP ROUTINE?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Battleship Pufferfish owns, Libear owns, this chapter owns.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Of course they give one of the most dangerous men alive (Zebra) a loving Battleship.

Also Libear :allears:

I really want that story line to go first, but at the same time want it to be saved for last.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Seebach posted:

Also Libear :allears:

Just with that quote I know this wil be my favorite arc ever.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I'm still watching the anime mid series. Thought i'd give y'all these little gems.

Album here.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
still loving the whole "yeah we're getting hitched and it's going to be awesome as gently caress" thing going on. nobody does that but Goku and Toriko

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
If you want a vision of Toriko, imagine two dudes flexing -- forever.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

TNG posted:

I don't see what cho aniki has to do with this tbh

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

TNG posted:

Please get out of my head, tia

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Get out of his head, and into Chapter 328!

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

I love this manga so much.

Don't worry, it's just trying to eat us.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Komatsu's unshakable will: :derp:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
So the next ingredient is a fish that creates stardust wherever it swims and is so delicious that it sunders open the boundaries between life and death itself, allowing death-juice to seep through and turn a whole ocean into a variety of tasty braises, soups, and sauces. Yeah, okay.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Makes perfect sense to me.....

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The scale in Toriko continues to be absurd.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Oxxidation posted:

So the next ingredient is a fish that creates stardust wherever it swims and is so delicious that it sunders open the boundaries between life and death itself, allowing death-juice to seep through and turn a whole ocean into a variety of tasty braises, soups, and sauces. Yeah, okay.

We just had gender-bending soup that opens doors to spirit world which drips from a monkey king's balls that fall off in two dimensions simultaneously after a dance battle, this is nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Get out of his head, and into Chapter 328!

There's a carnivorous basking shark :gonk:

• Locked thread