Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Luigi Thirty posted:

I resubbed just in time for this poo poo to go down and kill my urge to play again. Back to winning Eve :geno:

I think the time has come to win eve as well. And encourage as many goddamn people as I know to stay away from this AIDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Fix Lag posted:

I see him idle in gs_isk sometimes. In five years of knowing him I've only heard his voice once. He is a hard man to get ahold of.

As for "holesquad and being useful," yeah, I'd really like to be able to take my high sp characters out of wormhole space and do things but FCON (among others) is retarded and won't give us standings. Nobody in hole violence can go on mainfleet ops because of this.

Purge FCON. Give FCONs space to hole squad to rent out. We can enslave former FCON members and make them defend the space in fozziesov. No docking rights obviously. They can base out of low sec.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
Also BOS deserved to get purged. Their stratop numbers were terrible over the last two months, especially when they were needed most! On top of that, many members were shaking this "true goon" sentiment which is hilarious because we all know that goons are circa 2007 SA members that only post in the eve thread. Nice try BOS.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
(Ashen) anderton: I am trying to find out what makes a true goon, but no one here claims to be one. What is a true goon?

(anderton) weigh at least 300 pounds for starters

(anderton) secondly, pay 10 bux for stupid bullshit over and over and over again

(anderton) thirdly

(anderton) love mangosteen

GC
Sep 8, 2004

zoom zoom
These are the three tenets of true goondom.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

MAJOR STRYkER posted:

Battlestars. Anyone know if ribeye still plays?

Penif does I know.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

masteen posted:

I'm so goddamn mad I posted this improperly as a separate thread. I apologize to the mods for my retardation. But anyway...

I want to be mad at those faggots in FCON for loving up our fun this year, but I honestly think that there has to be more to it.

Excuse me while I don my tinfoil cap.

I bet it's related to the bullshit name change from Clusterfuck Coalition to Imperium. It's CLEARLY geared to make us more palatable to the gaming audience as a whole. Less dirty words in our group name, contracting our massive cockprint on the EVE universe, expeditions into other games (all with developer support), and now this. We are having our goonish culture neutered so that Mittens and Company can take his little Internet empire into the mainstream.

I'm sticking around only because of the Special Group That Shall Not Be Named. At least OUR culture remains pure and hostile to all pubbishness.

I think I should print and frame this post. I adore everything about it. The next time a True Flamer pops up, we can simply c&p this to them as they wail about their transcendent gooniness, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing~

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Voyager I posted:

They purged him too, I think he's finally in Brave now.

He was for a bit but left / got kicked from there and is back in some blue corp

Kalenn Istarion fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jun 6, 2015

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Kalenn Istarion posted:

He was for a bit but left / got kicked from there and is back in some blue corp

He is/was in D-P-G (which apparently just got purged, right?). He also is/was hanging out in Theta comms. Someone should package his voice into pill form and sell it off as sleep medicine or something.

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Join Freestyle Cyclists and help repeal Australia's unjustified Helmet laws.

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.
I'm not sure I gave EVE a proper go my first time around, I hung out with SV a bit a did some main fleet stuff learning to fly a Sabre (which mostly ended with me in a pod trapped in my own bubble) but I just didn't really have enough time to stay with it.

I thought with limited time I might make a few alts/buy some characters and try the spy experience or something different. Is it worth getting into corps/alliances we aren't ever at war with? Is there a sweet spot for the size of a corp I should look for?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

#MittaniLiedBOSDied

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

nah i don't hate hole squad

i just like making GBS threads on wormholes

:unsmith:

FWIW I'm kinda sad the directorate is pushing hard to kill off SV by pulling reimbursement. Syndicate is an absolute poo poo for making money - it doesn't have Guristas, Serpentis, Angel, or Sansha missions, like Venal, Fountain, Curse, or Stain. Syndicate LP is available in the S-U pocket, and kind of lovely. I guess the SV moon empire needs to ride again.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
holy gently caress was last night's fight great. Holy gently caress was tidi bad. And holy gently caress CCP for screwing us at the last possible second.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

GC posted:

These are the three tenets of true goondom.

Based on this, I fail on all three accounts. This makes me strangely happy. :unsmith:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm unironically happy BOS is dead. I'm unironically sad about SV. I think they had a lot of value but were plagued by the rotting stench of BOS.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

vyst posted:

I'm unironically happy BOS is dead. I'm unironically sad about SV. I think they had a lot of value but were plagued by the rotting stench of BOS.

BOS does have until next month to get things together don't they?

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

They are purged with 7 days to evac and services have been removed.

Zasze fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 6, 2015

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Zephyrine posted:

They've already had their jabber/mumble/etc access pulled. This isn't "we're going to kick you," this is just a flat out :commissar: for bos.

Friends don't let friends angrypost.

grumplestiltzkin fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jun 6, 2015

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

the purpose of the :commissar: is to protect kultur, not destroy it.

[By which I mean headshotting people is funny]

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
If I sponsor someone in is there a way for them to ever be ~legitimized~ by having an active SAN account or something or are they forever a sponsoree?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Richard Bong posted:

If I sponsor someone in is there a way for them to ever be ~legitimized~ by having an active SAN account or something or are they forever a sponsoree?

Vyst did a long rear end post about it a while back but the gist is yes, they can be naturalized. I think it requires that they either be demonstrably useful, have a near spotless record and be significantly more active (both in game and on SA) than your average :10bux: goon.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Richard Bong posted:

Read my director blog on the goonfleet forums

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Richard Bong posted:

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/183927-aryndel-vyst-keeper-of-the-goonwaffe-gates/?p=7391953

A link I've saved for myself but it looks up to date.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

vyst posted:

That blog links to the confluence sponsorship page. I don't know if you want to change that.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
The killing of BOS is a blantant display of homophobia. 99% of the GSF gay population is now gone. :colbert:

EssOEss
Oct 23, 2006
128-bit approved
Change has come to America.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Please don't kill hole squad. Taking SV behind the shed saddens me deeply. HS is the last bastion of fun left.

Edit: and where the gently caress would I lead fleets if you killed HS? I'll do main fleet again if you let me shoot any (blue) pubbie that annoys me.

E2: no seriously I need an outlet for my alcoholism and poor life decisions I want an answer about where I would lead fleets :ohdear:

smertrioslol fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 6, 2015

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

smertrioslol posted:

Please don't kill hole squad. Taking SV behind the shed saddens me deeply. HS is the last bastion of fun left.

holesquad is self-funding and already basically doesn't enjoy any of the in-game benefits of being in the alliance, i'm pretty sure it's safe from atrum or whoever else is holding a grudge

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

darth cookie posted:

Vyst did a long rear end post about it a while back but the gist is yes, they can be naturalized. I think it requires that they either be demonstrably useful, have a near spotless record and be significantly more active (both in game and on SA) than your average :10bux: goon.

vyst posted:

Thank you.

Also please don't kill Hole Squad I like it here. It is also going to fund my cap pilot in GSF proper so I can ~contribute~ due to wormhole PvE being lucrative and tolerable.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
On the upside, if Holesquad got purged after Space Violence I could officially have 0 regrets about going fuckgoons. Just saying.

ullerrm posted:

That's 99% of it. HS prides themselves on being strong independent brutor women who don't need no coalition. This rubs some people the wrong way.

Realtalk: I encountered 0 amount of this attitude when I was in Holesquad, but plenty of "gee I wish we were blue to everyone so we could pop out of the hole and do stratops". Being out of GSF was due to practical reasons of wormholers evicting every iteration of Holesquad as soon as they saw that GSF ticker on a POS. That happened 4 or 5 times.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Narciss fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 6, 2015

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

holesquad is self-funding and already basically doesn't enjoy any of the in-game benefits of being in the alliance, i'm pretty sure it's safe from atrum or whoever else is holding a grudge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y90bDDLO094

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Im glad of all this happening

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MAJOR STRYkER posted:

Battlestars. Anyone know if ribeye still plays?

Ribeye is in #israd and chats a bit, but he is busy raising his kid not to be a fuckup who larps and poo poo. Something we all know Ribeye has a personal hatred of. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUcArCemtc4

Edit: gently caress this is Winchestori? Idiot get on #israd and troll the new pubbies out of the corp.

YouTuber fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 6, 2015

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The Astero is pretty but that power grid, though. Can I take on Sleeper Caches with it?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

vyst posted:

I hope BOS dies quietly in a corner somewhere.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
#BringBackOurSV

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbihkA5Ifss

This, but for sv

Lord Xander
Jun 2, 2014
I think i did not get to see why BOS got kicked, but is it something with sues or what?

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Traveller posted:

The Astero is pretty but that power grid, though. Can I take on Sleeper Caches with it?

The Astero is great for Limited and Superior caches. Standard caches are bad for your health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notlupus
May 16, 2008

Dude, I was able to perform an appendectomy at age 14. I think I can handle a couple of shrooms.

Lord Xander posted:

I think i did not get to see why BOS got kicked, but is it something with sues or what?

I think it had something to do with titan joyrides.

• Locked thread