Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
*Flinches*

Definitely not there yet...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Xenaero posted:

*Flinches*

Definitely not there yet...

cool font how is it like that

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

down with slavery posted:

lol binding a key to jumpthrow how bad are you

This is the problem with NACS

J posted:

I have jump throw bound solely to smoke window from T spawn on mirage. It's a super useful, easy to throw smoke that I use frequently, and that's the only time I ever use the bind since it makes the throw extremely consistent. I'm sure there are other good jump smoke options out there that I'm not aware of, but the window smoke owns.

I have two other super easy jumpthrows on mirage:

http://gfycat.com/WindyYearlyAlligator

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

cool font how is it like that

http://fonts.spddl.de/ I use biko

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I'm kind of surprised binds that actually affect gameplay are legal. Never realized that was actually a thing.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

fennesz posted:

I'm kind of surprised binds that actually affect gameplay are legal. Never realized that was actually a thing.

I got my jumpthrow bind from f0rest's autoexec and I'm under the impression that its use is pretty widespread on all levels.

e: I shadowplayed some okay counterawping on banana today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncc8VOCIoGQ

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 6, 2015

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

fennesz posted:

They draw the line at 3rd party applications.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
alias "+jumpthrow" "+forward;+jump;-attack" alias "-jumpthrow" "-jump;-forward" bind "h" "+jumpthrow"

Another little script in common use is:

"bind <key> use weapon_knife;use weapon_flashbang"

You press your <key> after you throw your first flash to quickly select the next one. Makes throwing two consecutive flashbangs a lot faster.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So as I get higher in rank and feel like a worse player; I've come to the conclusion that walking through a door first is loving dumb. This should be the purview of the dumpster player that always rides the bottom of the scoreboard on any team while I figure out all the positioning of the enemy and live in glory.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

YouTuber posted:

So as I get higher in rank and feel like a worse player; I've come to the conclusion that walking through a door first is loving dumb. This should be the purview of the dumpster player that always rides the bottom of the scoreboard on any team while I figure out all the positioning of the enemy and live in glory.

Good players needs to go through first because its so critically important to get an entry kill. Any idiot can hang out in Tspawn with an awp for 2 minutes doing nothing to help win. That's why I always hang out in Tspawn with an awp.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Good players bait the entire team because if you go out first and get blasted no one will actually trade sooooo

gently caress I hate my life

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I was last alive and just dropped a 5k. Welp, looks like I can finally quit this game because I'm never going to top that.

\/ It was a B-rush on D2. I throw a frag pretty much every time I enter site (rushes are insanely effective at my rank, I'm GN4), hosed down two immediately and one more through smoke that my teammate tossed. Popped an AWP that flanked through mid and sat in window (still near B-tun exit) and then waited for the last guy to grab bomb before I dropped him. It makes me feel vindicated that I recently switched from the A1 to the M4.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 6, 2015

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

fennesz posted:

I was last alive and just dropped a 5k. Welp, looks like I can finally quit this game because I'm never going to top that.

I did that with a tec-9 back when it 1-dinked helmets and had 32 rounds and I was in Silver III. I just sat in dark on A-site Mirage and they came at me one at a time. Good times.

Also, goonmans was fun tonight, thanks for having me!

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Ixtlilton posted:

Also, goonmans was fun tonight, thanks for having me!

Agreed, was good learning. Got a little mean at the end when people were giving me poo poo for not knowing a map and becoming abusive but otherwise very good thank you all.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
Yeah some guy started calling people "loving cunts." I felt very abused.

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Gristley Bear posted:

Yeah some guy started calling people "loving cunts." I felt very abused.

Did he check his're privilege?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Goonmans were fine :)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you need binds to do things consistently, you are extremely Fail and should stick to casual, IMO.

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp

a good game

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
bind "KP_END" "cheer"
bind "KP_DOWNARROW" "cheer"
bind "KP_PGDN" "cheer"
bind "KP_LEFTARROW" "cheer"
bind "KP_5" "cheer"
bind "KP_RIGHTARROW" "cheer"
bind "KP_HOME" "cheer"
bind "KP_UPARROW" "cheer"
bind "KP_PGUP" "cheer"

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Some people get mad at me for using voice chat so much, but it's ingrained into my mind from Tribes. I would pay big bucks to be able to yell 'Shazbot!' every time I die. They sold voice packs too, valve needs to catch up.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

sleppy posted:

Some people get mad at me for using voice chat so much, but it's ingrained into my mind from Tribes. I would pay big bucks to be able to yell 'Shazbot!' every time I die. They sold voice packs too, valve needs to catch up.
VGS VGS VGS VGS VGS VGTG

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
just played with a french stack. they all spoke broken english through thick heavy accents but dear lord they were good a shootmannés. one of em ranked up to gn2 after we won and he sounded genuinely happy
:unsmith:
well thats my cs story for the day how are you guys doing

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
14 year old me would be shocked and appalled that there is cs in the year of our lord 2015 and I no longer have all the radio messages memorized.

Then again 14 year old me would tell me to play assault and militia, so gently caress my own opinions basically

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

fennesz posted:

why would a jump throw bind be illegal

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jun 6, 2015

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGeT7lWE9EI

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

why would a jump throw bind be illegal

Because binds that buy weapons don't actually impact poo poo but a bind that allows you to ~perfectly throw sick smokez~ is pretty loving dumb. Just learn to be more consistent, learn new spots or don't throw it.

I'm also an idiot who always feels the need to do things The Hard Way, so there's that.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

lol "It's A or B" I've heard that excellent call before.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

fennesz posted:

Because binds that buy weapons don't actually impact poo poo but a bind that allows you to ~perfectly throw sick smokez~ is pretty loving dumb. Just learn to be more consistent, learn new spots or don't throw it.

I'm also an idiot who always feels the need to do things The Hard Way, so there's that.

eh i think its about as game changing as mwheel jump

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Logan 5 posted:

Then again 14 year old me would tell me to play assault and militia, so gently caress my own opinions basically

Yesterday I queued for Office out of curiosity.

Oooooh boy...

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

info.wav

Elman posted:

Yesterday I queued for Office out of curiosity.

Oooooh boy...

I have a friend at lem and he queues up with a bunch of friendsat similar ranks, they used to do stupid maps for fun.

They stopped when they ran into a 5 stack that had smokes and strats... for Italy.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

dex_sda posted:

I have a friend at lem and he queues up with a bunch of friendsat similar ranks, they used to do stupid maps for fun.

They stopped when they ran into a 5 stack that had smokes and strats... for Italy.

I've heard there's a shadowy cabal of players who rank up exclusively by playing the most retarded maps in competitive.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Valve should remove the top 5 most popular maps from rotation with the next Operation so people actually play the fun maps like Office.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Office is a cool map, and so is the demolition variant.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Jeza posted:

I've heard there's a shadowy cabal of players who rank up exclusively by playing the most retarded maps in competitive.

you called?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Jeza posted:

You're hosed if you queue into my norwegian Agency super stack

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

Depths posted:

You're hosed if you queue into my norwegian Agency super stack

Norwegian goons?!? Add me
steamcommunity.com/id/reking

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

these missions are hot garbage and i don't know if i can endure 50 casual and guardian missions for a shinier coin and literally nothing else

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
You might get a dragon lore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Antares posted:

these missions are hot garbage and i don't know if i can endure 50 casual and guardian missions for a shinier coin and literally nothing else

Yeah I wish I had actually read about this operation before I bought it. Maps I don't want to play, none of the missions give gently caress-all and a dumb coin I don't care about. Great.

• Locked thread