Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chyea posted:

If Wildstar was an anime it'd be Kill la Kill

I mean i know what they're going for here but for some reason i cant get a boner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

cthulhoo posted:

every piece of media i ever see of this game only reinforces my opinion of it looking like poo poo

wtf is this

that may be because it does, in fact, look like poo poo

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Anoia posted:

They fired the person who used to make their preview media look remotely appealing.

Was this the person/people responsible for the original trailers too? Would explain the terrible f2p dance party video.

Selane
May 19, 2006

mushroom_spore posted:

Was this the person/people responsible for the original trailers too? Would explain the terrible f2p dance party video.

I hope they did fire that guy, because the pre-release "THIS GAME IS 2XTREME4YOU CUPCAKE" trailers pretty much soured me on the game before it even came out. You know, even before the awful design and gameplay did.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Selane posted:

I hope they did fire that guy, because the pre-release "THIS GAME IS 2XTREME4YOU CUPCAKE" trailers pretty much soured me on the game before it even came out. You know, even before the awful design and gameplay did.

http://youtu.be/_4_riSI7Ydg

:nsa:

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Selane posted:

Oh, I'm not a fan of the OH YEAH level up narration guy or any other use of that "joke" either. I just meant I kinda liked the ones that were like little short films or silly Protostar commercials. :shobon:

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
That guy complained about people who want to play the game for free and having to pay to play the game in the same rant.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

mushroom_spore posted:

Oh, I'm not a fan of the OH YEAH level up narration guy or any other use of that "joke" either. I just meant I kinda liked the ones that were like little short films or silly Protostar commercials. :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-40RjZgims

These ones were p cool and the only thing that interested me when the game was made public.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Like I said before if Wildstar wasn't a steaming bucket of piss those ridiculous "OH YEAH EXTREME BONESAW IS READY CUPCAKE!" videos and their announcer announcer would have been a quirky and mildly divisive part of the game. Unfortunately as it is its actually it's a giant steaming tower of failure.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Not only did the game look like poo poo, it ran like poo poo on even great computers.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

pretty sure the reason the game failed was because of a crippling series of bugs, dupes that destroyed the economy, retarded grind to get to what everyone wanted to do, unfun poo poo mechanics that were poorly thought out like mount sprint, the game just looking kind of lovely regardless of whether you like the art style, and the series of developer decisions that made it very clear what direction they wanted the game to go and how lovely that direction was

whether you think they overused a joke is so beside the point it doesn't matter

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I feel that posting all the poo poo that made this a lovely game will somehow bring back my 60 dollars and my pride in my ability to tell a good game from bad.

It never does.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/38gbx4/wildstar/

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

I just noticed the [score hidden]

I absolutely love how that subreddit uses literally every single draconian measure they can to crush dissent and facilitate the purest echo chamber possible

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Thunderbro posted:

I just noticed the [score hidden]

I absolutely love how that subreddit uses literally every single draconian measure they can to crush dissent and facilitate the purest echo chamber possible

I think that's just a reddit thing that the score is hidden for X hours after things are posted. I used to lurk on an Elder Scrolls reddit and I'm pretty sure it did that. (Unless that's a specific setting a subreddit has to choose, I dunno.)

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
I checked and it's set to hide scores for two hours

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Thunderbro posted:

literally every single draconian measure they can to crush dissent and facilitate the purest echo chamber possible

lmao

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
All the comments were removed, what was it?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Anatharon posted:

All the comments were removed, what was it?

wildstar

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

wildstar

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

waldstir

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Umm... pretty sure it was cupcakes.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Where do you live? Do you have normal amenities, like a fridge and white skin?
I got to like level 15 and it was just such poo poo. It was empty but cluttered. It was clunky but I felt like I was on ice. It was like every single bad feature put together.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Asimo posted:

waldstir

wildstarded

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
OHHHH YEAH!! YOU JUST GOT MODERATED, CUPCAKE!!!

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

This place never stops delivering. Godspeed Wildstar thread. :patriot:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

realtalk: had a dream last night that i was playing wildstar. it was boring and i woke up feeling unsatisfied.

Galdarion
Apr 13, 2014
I lost interst in the first 2hrs I tried to fight though the WOWness of it. this was early access (yes I was dumb). I didn't finish early access that's a new record.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If anyone's considering coming back for F2P and hasn't used their 10 day trial yet, you can use it right now and you'll get the birthday month gifts added to your account permanently because you logged in during this month.

Get that cupcake and that pink goat sheep thing.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Huh, my free trial claims it's already been used, and my old credd is gone.

Yeah, not going to bother until F2P launches.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Deki posted:

Yeah, not going to bother

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Deki posted:

Huh, my free trial claims it's already been used, and my old credd is gone.

Yeah, not going to bother until F2P launches.

idiot

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Your loss if you're not going to take advantage of a free opportunity to troll general chat by complaining the game is too hard.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

yeah this sure sounds worth it

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

cthulhoo posted:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

cthulhoo posted:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Rorus Raz posted:

Your loss if you're not going to take advantage of a free opportunity to troll general chat by complaining the game is too hard.

All 5 of those people will be furious!

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
So all the tons of wildstar free to play adds are just basically huge lies?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

All 5 of those people will be furious!

Wildstar is nothing but goons trolling each other at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Doctor Borris posted:

So all the tons of wildstar free to play adds are just basically huge lies?

It's going F2P in the fall

• Locked thread