Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009
Hole violence only violence :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Lord Xander posted:

I think i did not get to see why BOS got kicked, but is it something with sues or what?

Conspiracy theories abound, but the official reason was pretty much just ratting vs. strategic participation metrics. BOS was one of the worst offenders, with too many ratting carriers and not enough presence on stratops. The numbers are on the goonfleet forums.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Cimber posted:

holy gently caress was last night's fight great. Holy gently caress was tidi bad. And holy gently caress CCP for screwing us at the last possible second.

"It's only going to be a 2 hour fleet guys"
When that fleet started it was dark out for me, by the time it was finished I had to have breakfast, but for all those dread kills it was worth it

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Thinking of doing some T2 invention/production for ships and ammo in high sec for my monthly plex. Would it be profitable enough that I can avoid ratting in my ishtar?

I remember doing some ammo production over a year ago, and my friend told me to give t2 ships production a try.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
I really don't know why BOS waited until they got kicked. Over the past few years there's been a few times when they've seriously considered leaving GSF, some of options and ideas were pretty good too. Each time they decided against it but did absolutely nothing to address the reasons they were considering it in the first place, the reason being: a lot active members are very vocal about how much they hate strat ops, all-all fleets and the people who attend them.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Suas has been gone over a year and BOS went to rudderless poo poo without him.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Luigi Thirty posted:

this

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Luigi Thirty posted:

Did he permanently win EVE via cocaine overdose or other intoxicant methods?

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds like every Suas led thing ever.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Huge_Midget posted:

If I remember right, more the opposite. Left to get life in order, and basically said that if he wasn't back in a month, he wouldn't be back.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

No one besides SUAS can get the mostly drunk, surly British bittervets of BOS to fall in line.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Percelus posted:

No one besides SUAS can get the mostly drunk, surly British bittervets of BOS to fall in line.

I tried with mixed success for awhile :shobon:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

objectively bad posted:

I really don't know why BOS waited until they got kicked. Over the past few years there's been a few times when they've seriously considered leaving GSF, some of options and ideas were pretty good too. Each time they decided against it but did absolutely nothing to address the reasons they were considering it in the first place, the reason being: a lot active members are very vocal about how much they hate strat ops, all-all fleets and the people who attend them.

Lol

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
SV isn't being shuttered (the gently caress did this thread even get that), BOS was kicked for the same reason any corp that loses its stakeholder on month 1 and is told to shape up by month 2 and doesn't, Burn Amarr is still cancelled because of FCON and I have no clue why anyone thinks we'd give a poo poo about Hole Squad from an alliance level. The past few pages of this thread is full of Hole Squad discussion, we never talk or care about them as they're in a goddamned wormhole and it doesn't matter.

If you want to feel like a rebel who ~the man~ is breathing down the neck of or something, you gotta talk it up or invent some kind of mystical conspiracy to feel oppressed?

Membercorp rules are crystal clear to every CEO in GSF. BOS isn't blacklisted or banned from the coalition in any way, which is standard for metrics/stakeholder kicks (kicks 'for cause' get you blacklisted). They were an old PL corp for years before Suas brought them over, Suas left a year+ ago, and they'll be happy in Syndicate forever like they always have been since like 2004. vOv

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Huge_Midget posted:

P sure he actually got married

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Suas knew that his Eve career peaked with killing WOK's titan on the FD- station on his laptop at a gas station at 8 in the morning and he could never top that

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Luigi Thirty posted:

Suas knew that his Eve career peaked with killing WOK's titan on the FD- station on his laptop at a gas station at 8 in the morning and he could never top that

That's a pretty stellar event to ride out on- there is no topping that.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Numismancer posted:

SV isn't being shuttered (the gently caress did this thread even get that)

Kicking BOS followed by killing reimbursement for the regions SV is active in gives that impression. BOS was half of SV's active members, and they were taking active fights in Syndicate, a region known for being poor as poo poo.

Numismancer posted:

BOS was kicked for the same reason any corp that loses its stakeholder on month 1 and is told to shape up by month 2 and doesn't,

This is fair.

Numismancer posted:

Burn Amarr is still cancelled because of FCON
:smith:, grr FCON, etc

Numismancer posted:

and I have no clue why anyone thinks we'd give a poo poo about Hole Squad from an alliance level. The past few pages of this thread is full of Hole Squad discussion, we never talk or care about them as they're in a goddamned wormhole and it doesn't matter.

And that's how we prefer it. However, we still actively play EVE, are goons, and sometimes like to talk about it.

Numismancer posted:

If you want to feel like a rebel who ~the man~ is breathing down the neck of or something, you gotta talk it up or invent some kind of mystical conspiracy to feel oppressed?

Membercorp rules are crystal clear to every CEO in GSF. BOS isn't blacklisted or banned from the coalition in any way, which is standard for metrics/stakeholder kicks (kicks 'for cause' get you blacklisted). They were an old PL corp for years before Suas brought them over, Suas left a year+ ago, and they'll be happy in Syndicate forever like they always have been since like 2004. vOv

Really, the :tinfoil: seems to come from the timing on the first point, and the fact that this smacks of Darius calling all active squads home including GROON and EO home for war, and then purging people that hinted that that wasn't what they were about. Well, that and apparently the BOS services were pulled suddenly, iirc previous membercorps got a couple days service grace along with the standard week to move their poo poo out.

People are bored, so we want drama, squad poo poo amuses us on some level, but the prospect of internal drama suggests maybe might actually happen.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
I think people are getting the impression that SV is being shut down from Atrum removing peacetime from syndicate and the surrounding regions. Presumably bos is already excluded from reimbursement so removing it from those regions kinda looks like a director grudge against SV for no reason.

Syndic Thrass posted:

P sure he actually got married

He got married today.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Numismancer posted:

the gently caress did this thread even get that

Numerous high ranking people publicly saying they don't like the squad, the single biggest membercorp getting kicked out for not participating in peacetime "strat" ops, and having our srp ripped with no warning or reason communicated (by, again, a high ranking person who has publicly stated that they do not like the squad).

It may be :tinfoil: to think that the leadership doesn't want us around, but its pretty loving obvious why we'd think that. You're in the position you're in specifically because you're good at spaceship politics, so this "gosh I can't possibly imagine why you guys are so defensive" act is just purestrain poo poo. You're not that loving stupid, don't act like it.

I'm angry about the fact that I'm angry about internet spaceships, so here's an adorable sloth making cute noises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tdokh1KYuQ

Puskarich
Nov 26, 2008
I for one am proud of bos for following the long standing tradition of getting kicked out of Goonswarm for smallgang pvping.

#GroonRemembers

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the important thing to take away from this is that Gevlon won and Le Martini is no longer the power behind the CFC; this is FCON's ~Imperium~ now and we all must bend the knee. :ohdear:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Numismancer posted:

SV isn't being shuttered (the gently caress did this thread even get that), BOS was kicked for the same reason any corp that loses its stakeholder on month 1 and is told to shape up by month 2 and doesn't, Burn Amarr is still cancelled because of FCON and I have no clue why anyone thinks we'd give a poo poo about Hole Squad from an alliance level. The past few pages of this thread is full of Hole Squad discussion, we never talk or care about them as they're in a goddamned wormhole and it doesn't matter.

This is the first clear communication that SV / BOS has had about this, with the rest of it being menacing all-all pings / atrum shutting off regional reimbursement for SV even though BOS already can't access services, and a few directors with grudges crowing off about how happy they are to see it go.

I mean, I do understand that Atrum oiling his hate-boner with BOS tears isn't necessarily representative of the reasoning that went into the decision or the overall attitude of the people who made it (the directorate is fairly opaque to me, but I don't think he would even have been involved?), but when all we have to go by are his pings and Vyst smugposting it's hard not to get the wrong impression.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Voyager I posted:

I mean, I do understand that Atrum oiling his hate-boner with BOS tears isn't necessarily representative of the reasoning that went into the decision or the overall attitude of the people who made it (the directorate is fairly opaque to me, but I don't think he would even have been involved?), but when all we have to go by are his pings and Vyst smugposting it's hard not to get the wrong impression.

What is difficult about ignoring the opinions of someone uninvolved with the decision?

notlupus
May 16, 2008

Dude, I was able to perform an appendectomy at age 14. I think I can handle a couple of shrooms.

Puskarich posted:

I for one am proud of bos for following the long standing tradition of getting kicked out of Goonswarm for smallgang pvping.

#GroonRemembers

When SUAS and I (briefly) rebooted SV, we rebooted it as a squad that specializes in small gang PVP. We saw it as a niche that could be filled at a time when only SIGs, not squads, were doing small gang things, like Black Ops or Armorwaffe. I would assume during the last three years that if someone in leadership had a problem with that, it would've been handled.

Also, Kshake pretty much hit the nail on the head with his post.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Nietzschean posted:

What is difficult about ignoring the opinions of someone uninvolved with the decision?

The part where he shuts off reimbursement to all of space surrounding Syndicate without given explanation after BOS members have already been purged from services.

At first I would have assumed that it was to prevent BOS members from spending the next seven days maxing out their peacetime accounts, but they already can't post reimbursement requests.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 6, 2015

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
How is FCON stopping Burn Amarr when its never stopped Burn Jita in the past? Don't they just keep all their people at home while everyone else goes and has fun?? :confused:

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Lack of Gravitas posted:

How is FCON stopping Burn Amarr when its never stopped Burn Jita in the past? Don't they just keep all their people at home while everyone else goes and has fun?? :confused:
they keep bitching up a storm about how burn jita torpedoes their recruitment efforts and corps diplo is sick of listening to it

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

holesquad is self-funding and already basically doesn't enjoy any of the in-game benefits of being in the alliance, i'm pretty sure it's safe from atrum or whoever else is holding a grudge

Yeah, I don't have a grudge against holesquad or even think about holesquad really. The last time I thought about holesquad is when mandozer got me involved in some kind of drama around getting broadcast rights.

Holesquad is ineligible for GSF reimbursement for two practical reasons:

1) They bill themselves as a coalition sig and are open to any alliance in the CFC. While I'm sure we can link holesquid members back to their GSF forum account and then selectively reimburse GSF holesquid people if I wanted to, there's no need or reason to because...
2) We don't reimburse any pvp by any group done in wormholes.

Occasionally bomberwaffe or EG will tell me they are going to stage from Thera for mini-deployments, and I reimburse those losses, but as a whole, the alliance has no interest in wormhole poo poo, so we don't reimburse for it.

Voyager I posted:

The part where he shuts off reimbursement to all of space surrounding Syndicate without given explanation after BOS members have already been purged from services.

At first I would have assumed that it was to prevent BOS members from spending the next seven days maxing out their peacetime accounts, but they already can't post reimbursement requests.

The part where I listened to jabber chatter from super-mad SV members discussing "liquidating" the ships they have in Syndicate so they are ready to move to wherever the SIG decides to go. As discussed before, SV has already had several incidents involving poor judgment with regard to how they dispose of their ships. I decided to preemptively cut the regions until everyone calms their tits long enough to think rationally again.

Considering almost all of SVs leadership was just shown the door, you've got a bunch of sheep milling around without shepherds. It's not unreasonable to expect said sheep to be making GBS threads and bleating everywhere. Once SV gets new shepherds and starts moving the flock to whatever their new pasture is going to be, I can open those regions back up.

andromache fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 6, 2015

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Numismancer posted:

As much as you seem to like books about cold war history & politics, you should appreciate that we're all kremlinologists in this thread. We see synchronicity in directorate actions and speculate that there's something connecting them, even if it's random and there isn't anything there. Given an opaque and secretive bureaucracy that has power over life and death (in-game), paranoia is a perfectly rational response.

We aren't revolting and demanding some sort of BNI elected council for civilian oversight of the directorate, right? We aren't that crazy.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

andromache posted:

Yeah, I don't have a grudge against holesquad or even think about holesquad really. The last time I thought about holesquad is when mandozer got me involved in some kind of drama around getting broadcast rights.

1) They bill themselves as a coalition sig and are open to any alliance in the CFC. While I'm sure we can link holesquid members back to their GSF forum account and then selectively reimburse GSF holesquid people if I wanted to, there's no need or reason to because...

Occasionally bomberwaffe or EG will tell me they are going to stage from Thera for mini-deployments, and I reimburse those losses, but as a whole, the alliance has no interest in wormhole poo poo, so we don't reimburse for it.
Yeah, I think we crossed this bridge and got over it like 6 months ago.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

holesquad is self-funding and already basically doesn't enjoy any of the in-game benefits of being in the alliance, i'm pretty sure it's safe from atrum or whoever else is holding a grudge

I'm pretty sure the only alliance benefit of Holesquad is that you can openly have characters in both HS and GSF without ending up on Digi's list. This actually ends up being something of a burden since it means HS has to follow coalition courtesy at all times even when being shot at by FCON retards that won't blue them.

Happy Dolphin
Apr 12, 2007

:shepface::shepface::shepface:
I don't know anything about Hole Squad except they make some pretty funny montage videos.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Worldshatter posted:

"It's only going to be a 2 hour fleet guys"

This is how you identify a long OP. The more grandstanding involving how short the OP is, the longer it actually will be.

grumplestiltzkin posted:

:words: ... getting kicked out for not participating in peacetime "strat" ops :words:

Is there anyone (SIG or member), in any coalition, that actively enjoys 'strat ops' or CTAs during a time of relative space peace?

Hasn't this been a mocking point for lesser entities in EVE: Online for years?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bonfire Lit posted:

they keep bitching up a storm about how burn jita torpedoes their recruitment efforts and corps diplo is sick of listening to it

well, poop. i was looking forward to losing some sec status. ty for the answer

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

andromache posted:

And we're cool with that. We unfucked our finances a while ago, and do OK. Only thing that sucks on a coalition level is that our retard allies won't blue us, so we can't take our pilots on coalition fleets, but whatever. I'll eventually ram my head into that wall because while I personally don't care, a lot of other people would like to do it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Oh no. I can't go on stratops in hole squad. The horror.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Numismancer posted:

Just to add as an addendum: Former BOS are not allowed in goonwaffe without a sponsorship and without my permission or permission of higher than me (since they'll need to email newbies@goonfleet.com to do it, this will happen naturally) . GoonWaffe will not be a refugee camp for you useless turds. We have enough ratting carriers as it is.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

rip tiberizzle's 16 ratting carriers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

andromache posted:

The part where I listened to jabber chatter from super-mad SV members discussing "liquidating" the ships they have in Syndicate so they are ready to move to wherever the SIG decides to go. As discussed before, SV has already had several incidents involving poor judgment with regard to how they dispose of their ships. I decided to preemptively cut the regions until everyone calms their tits long enough to think rationally again.

Considering almost all of SVs leadership was just shown the door, you've got a bunch of sheep milling around without shepherds. It's not unreasonable to expect said sheep to be making GBS threads and bleating everywhere. Once SV gets new shepherds and starts moving the flock to whatever their new pasture is going to be, I can open those regions back up.

Once again and I grow really tired having these conversations with you, a loving heads up would be nice, are you such an unpersonable sperg lord that the concept of going

"Hey koshka things seem kinda crazy you should tighten things up and not have people do anything stupid"

Does like any communication even occur to you? And for the record we were sorting out shipping to Jita or fire sales.

But instead you paste a bunch of commissar emotes and say it's off the table till further notice and wonder why people have no idea what's going on.

• Locked thread