Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Goons gonna be goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm watching the RE4 LP right now and I think it's cool and good.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

goldblums eyes posted:

What is weird about it? A page ago a couple people literally just said "I don't care if Pat lied to Woolie because they aren't my friends and it's creepy if you care when did this turn into the giantbomb thread". Speculating on someone's health/their father's health is a lot more creepy than "Pat lied to Woolie". and I don't agree with saying "every single one of us here knew he had poo poo going on at that point in time" because someone would've already said it. I was just trying to make a point that people get freaked out whenever you try and talk about them as people because it's "creepy", but making GBS threads on them is okay.

Because people are either terrible at feelings or at writing and they always make it sound like it was a terrible sleight, that it happened all the time (it happened once and dude immediately spilled the beans, ffs), that it ruined the LP and ironically it leads to the making GBS threads you so despise. Also, it's from the same LP where someone thought abusing an AI quirk was a terrible thing to do, so ugh

But as I said, gently caress it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
:woop: BLOODBORNE ON A SATURDAY :woop:

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm watching the RE4 LP right now and I think it's cool and good.

Matt and Pat just talking about random poo poo and bullshitting all the time makes for the best LPs

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

:woop: BLOODBORNE ON A SATURDAY :woop:

Oh god
"Here let me try and reinact it"
*repeats Snailborne*
That was too much for me.
EDIT: Oh man the venom in this episode between Pat and Woolie is amazing

HGH fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 6, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
pat runs in from his blanket buritto, slams down his money in the bank brief case, and like a sweaty ginger seth rollins, save the nuzlocke playthrough

its whats best for business

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
RE4 was great, especially Pat being self—conscious about his skill slash eating poo poo for being too cocky.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

PiedPiper posted:

Goons gonna be goons.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ebrietas is such a cool boss

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I refuse to believe Pat needs a footstool to use the toilet, he's 5,3, surely a normal toilet can accommodate his height.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

I refuse to believe Pat needs a footstool to use the toilet, he's 5,3, surely a normal toilet can accommodate his height.

No, you're thinking too big. He doesn't need it to get up to his toilet, he kicks his feet up on it like he's a CEO and it's a desk.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm 5`3", I never used a toilet that I needed a footstool for.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Dias posted:

I know, which is why my mind is melting down from the latest Bloodborne vid where woolie reveals that Pat as a footstool in his bathroom for his toilet.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
It's more like his legs might not be reaching the floor completely, it's natural to lean forward when you #2 and that's much more difficult to do comfortably if you can't plant your feet firmly on the ground.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

I know, which is why my mind is melting down from the latest Bloodborne vid where woolie reveals that Pat as a footstool in his bathroom for his toilet.

Well, can you believe in Woolie, certified liar, tho?

Maybe it's not needed, it's just for comfort. You can relax, rest your get and enjoy the experience.

Super Best Friends thread: we are either poo poo or talking about poo poo.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

He probably has a footstool for squating on the toilet because health professionals and poo poo

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Dangling feet on the potty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm sorry if I seems I'm lashing out. I've been away from here for a while now (been so busy with alot of things) and the first thing I see when I come back is a fair amount of you making GBS threads on me. I try to do my very best in every LP, and be positive, and be a source of energy. But when people bring up the nuzlocke, there was ALOT of stuff going behind the scenes that are kinda sensitive issues for me. If I could do it all over again, and better, I would, BELIEVE ME.
Matt, you need to ignore people making GBS threads on you like that and don't take it to heart. Of course people are going to be critical if you seem like a bummer in videos, but that's also because they don't know what's going on behind the scenes, like you explained. Nor should they, in many cases, but explaining why like you're doing is good. I've not watched the Nuzlocke stuff, but taking internet criticism to heart can be real detrimental to your mental state. It's fine when it's worded well and not antagonistic, but most of the time, well, it's insensitive if not outright hostile. You should have seen some of the poo poo people said about Patrick Klepek in the Giant Bomb thread(or any youtube video he's in, even). I'd rather you not get driven away from the thread since you're a cool dude, so hopefully you'll be able to ignore the more grating complaints.

Also, the thread has been largely positive outside of the ever-lingering dark souls people complaining about the bloodborne run

I've loved most of the content you've been putting out, and the Super Fighter video was outstanding. Don't worry about it, man. People on the internet are going to complain about anything.

PS: play Duck Game. Do it

PPS: I sent you a message through the PM system here a while back, probably right after your hiatus from the thread, if it's still there hopefully you'll have some time to read it. :)

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I'm 5'10 with a high toilet and use a little footstool for posture. Is it weird to use a footstool? It helps a lot

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

goldblums eyes posted:

I'm 5'10 with a high toilet and use a little footstool for posture. Is it weird to use a footstool? It helps a lot

Well, it's not weird, it's just...not something I've seen before, I guess. It's the toilet paper/wiping debacle all over again.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

no it's definitely wierd as someone who's never heard of that

maybe a picture would help to demonstrate?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Indecisive posted:

You're supposed to poop with your knees high up cuz of how your butthole is made, so having something to lift your feet up eases out the sludge. It simulates squatting without squatting lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Indecisive posted:

The Super Best Friends Play Thread:- the Hypest making GBS threads on SA.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://www.squattypotty.com/

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This doesn't seem nearly as complicated as how Pat folds himself into bed every night. I need an instruction book or something on the steps to do that because I'm still absolutely lost on it.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Dias posted:

Maybe he's in school. I hear there's only one toilet and they make you ALL go at the same time.

goldblums eyes posted:

Toilet... posture?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

This doesn't seem nearly as complicated as how Pat folds himself into bed every night. I need an instruction book or something on the steps to do that because I'm still absolutely lost on it.

Wasn't it that he just makes his bed (and I think folds the blanket under the mattress to make it tight )and gets in through the top so he doesn't have to make his bed in the morning?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

goldblums eyes posted:

What is weird about it? A page ago a couple people literally just said "I don't care if Pat lied to Woolie because they aren't my friends and it's creepy if you care when did this turn into the giantbomb thread". Speculating on someone's health/their father's health is a lot more creepy than "Pat lied to Woolie". and I don't agree with saying "every single one of us here knew he had poo poo going on at that point in time" because someone would've already said it. I was just trying to make a point that people get freaked out whenever you try and talk about them as people because it's "creepy", but making GBS threads on them is okay.

First of all, nobody literally said any of what you just said. Secondly, nobody really cares about whether or not Pat has played ahead or not because it has no bearing on literally anything other than the dynamic of a goddamn let's play. Do you really need someone to explain to you why pissing and moaning about something as inconsequential as that has a little less merit than simply considering the possibility that a person who seems a little down has some personal poo poo going on?

Also, the Ebrietas fight is the poo poo.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 6, 2015

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

First of all, nobody literally said any of what you just said. Secondly, nobody really cares about whether or not Pat has played ahead or not because it has no bearing on literally anything other than the dynamic of a goddamn let's play. Do you really need someone to explain to you why pissing and moaning about something as inconsequential as that has a little less merit than simply considering the possibility that a person who seems a little down has some personal poo poo going on?

Please go away, we've moved on to how pat shits and sleeps.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The only time I get bummed out with Matt in recent memory is by how often everyone talks over him.

Also not a toilet but I was at a bar last night that had a urinal that was pretty much exactly at my crotch level and I'm 6'0" lol

doos
Jan 1, 2015

beep by grandpa posted:

Also not a toilet but I was at a bar last night that had a urinal that was pretty much exactly at my crotch level and I'm 6'0" lol

Any excuse to do the Shawn Michaels pose is a valid excuse!

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Matt, can you please not stretch 4:3 game footage to fit a 16:9 video? It makes those games look considerably worse.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love Pokemon but it's a terrible LP game. The only people who do it well are like, the tiny amount of people who are both pokemon superfans and super into it in a fun and not weirdo way. Also they handle grinding off camera and that jazz. I thought the one you guys did had a lot of solid moments in it but yea, I can't really blame any of you for getting tired of watching a guy grind his pokemon (very carefully thanks to challenge rules) for hours on end.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm an Art Student, and one of the first things we need to learn is that you need to remember that people are critiquing the work and not necessarily you as a person. People are not making GBS threads on you as a person but instead are critiquing the version of you in the video. So when you read comments that are making GBS threads on you or talking about you on video remember that they don't necessarily know what went on behind the work and at the end the day they still care about you as a person enough to give a poo poo about the quality of your work.

I know it's a little different to compare an LP to a painting or another art project, but when people make comments to me like: you should have gone farther with this, or it doesn't look like you put as much time into it as you should have, You have to try to not take it personally.

Sorry if that didn't make much sense, I'm not that eloquent of a writer and I'm feeling kind of sick today. Just try to have a thick skin about it and realize that most people don't realize what goes into the work.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Plus, no one ACTUALLY shat on Matt as a person, so...

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It might be worth asking in the Giant Bomb thread(I know, I know) for snippets of Jeff Gerstmann's Jar Time segments where he talks about how he deals with the job, the criticism, etc as well as balancing life issues. Like, his dad just passed away recently after struggling with a long illness, and he talked a little bit about how he dealt with that while trying to keep his chin up on camera. It was really interesting to listen to. I only suggest this because you guys and Giant Bomb are really similar in principle, and Jeff's probably one of the most knowledgeable and wisest dudes in the entire industry, weird quirks be damned. I know he's discussed some of his ways for dealing with feeling down but needing to be on camera before, which could help in the future for you.

Not saying this to be insensitive or prying, but I know all too well how loving abysmally lovely having to do your job while you're in the mourning process or worried about a very sick family member is.

edit: also

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

A good poster posted:

Matt, can you please not stretch 4:3 game footage to fit a 16:9 video? It makes those games look considerably worse.

If you're talking about Baseball Batman, I didn't edit that one, but even if I did, that's how the game recorded. We played it on an Xbox, and couldn't change it.\

Bloodborne finale and next part of Freedom Planet tomorrow.

And then monday?

A new "WEEK OF"