Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Buttmen is up, but connecting into it goes into a loop and never actually connects. Yet the server responds in browser. HALP.

Also sub.io is not visible. WHAT DO WHAT DO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
Go to private games and look in the thread for each server u gently caress!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

lonter posted:

Norwegian goons?!? Add me
steamcommunity.com/id/reking

Added you.

Extending the same invitation to any scandinavian goons who like to play some mm w/ good vibes, especially if you're MG and above!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bohemiannights

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Added you.

Extending the same invitation to any scandinavian goons who like to play some mm w/ good vibes, especially if you're MG and above!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bohemiannights

Added you. Im Silver 4 , in Australia and a bit toxic. That cool?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
CS in english, gross

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

CS in english, gross

Swedish is basically English spoken very slowly in a Swedish accent.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Fnatic #1 Olof #1

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
anyone doing revolution missions want to add me? trying to do lake (valeria's secret weapon).

http://steamcommunity.com/id/lastking/

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Eagerly awaiting the next SMG buff

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Xenaero posted:

Eagerly awaiting the next SMG buff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjlCVW_ouL8

staff guy is an awper

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

after 2 weeks of playing the witcher, possibly my greatest game of two halves so far. started T mirage, 5-10 and I was abysmal, like 4/11. Ended 16-13 with 28/20.

playing like poo poo and winning is the mark of champions etc. etc.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
what mousepad should I get?

I was thinking either this one or this one

But seriously, is the steelseries qck+ good?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah, qck+ is fine, I use an xtrac ripper XXL and it has never given me problems.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
10 hostage pickups on assault?!!?!

That mission is going to take absolute ages

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ive got a 7-8 year old mouse pad it seems to work ok

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Crain posted:

what mousepad should I get?

I was thinking either this one or this one

But seriously, is the steelseries qck+ good?

I've been using a Qck++ or whatever (the mega huge one) for at least six years(I don't remember when I got it. Pre 2010). Only one of the corners is starting to lift up a bit. They're fairly washable and durable as hell, and feel nice enough.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Man, I absolutely would not have gotten this operation if I'd realized how much stupid bullshit it would make me do in casual. What a piece of poo poo game mode.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
try to get in an empty server so your only competition are bots.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Elysiume posted:

Man, I absolutely would not have gotten this operation if I'd realized how much stupid bullshit it would make me do in casual. What a piece of poo poo game mode.

Not as bad as the demolition games. Everyone I've played is full of kids being as obnoxious as possible. Even worse than DM.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
At work today I saw a guy with a TSM Kinguin hoodie. It's super weird seeing CS in real life.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

nftyw posted:

try to get in an empty server so your only competition are bots.

for what its worth, mission completion only counts when there are at least two human players in the server.

Xenaero posted:

At work today I saw a guy with a TSM Kinguin hoodie. It's super weird seeing CS in real life.

TSM also runs one of the bigger NA LoL teams. Hence the name, team solo mid. From my interactions with people who follow esports in real life (which, going to community college, is quite a handful), most people are into either LoL or DOTA 2. (LoL World Championship reported 32 million viewers with peak concurrent of 8.5 million, while CSGO Katowice reported 8.5 million viewers with peak concurrent of just over 1 million.)

The Blue Caboose fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 7, 2015

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Crain posted:

Not as bad as the demolition games. Everyone I've played is full of kids being as obnoxious as possible. Even worse than DM.
I'll take demolition over casual. Demolition doesn't have overly long rounds and over double the people that should be on the map.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

The Blue Caboose posted:

TSM also runs one of the bigger NA LoL teams. Hence the name, team solo mid. From my interactions with people who follow esports in real life (which, going to community college, is quite a handful), most people are into either LoL or DOTA 2. (LoL World Championship reported 32 million viewers with peak concurrent of 8.5 million, while CSGO Katowice reported 8.5 million viewers with peak concurrent of just over 1 million.)

Oh, well. I've been educated. I always kinda figured TSM was a bad dust2 joke or something. That's neat. I'm glad I didn't make some dumb CS related remark then.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun
Yeah. I know Cloud9 and Fnatic have pretty successful LoL teams as well. Most esports organizations are pretty diverse with respect to that. NiP is the only one that I can think of that is decidedly CS first, and even they actually recently picked up a DOTA team. (Titan is too I guess, but they have a Smite team (???))

Of course, just like pretty much every game that asians actually play, NA/EU teams are almost irrelevant since china and korea dominate so much face at a top tier level in League and Dota. Its not quite as insane as say, Starcraft, but its still pretty nuts. I think the only reason they haven't invaded CSGO is because theres that weird Nexon CS that they play over there (Counterstrike Online? can't remember.)

Anyways, judging just from big dumb viewership numbers, League is easily the most popular esport, with DOTA 2 coming in second and CSGO is pretty handily third now. Starcraft is dead unless you're Korean. And then it's still kinda dead. Which is kinda a shame, because the quality of SC2 casters and the production of stuff like GSL is stupidly high compared to even the best CS stuff (I don't know about the MOBAs, I don't really watch em.)

Also demolition may be 5v5, but the maps are half the size of the regular ones.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

the streak is over. long live the streak.

can i abandon in warmup without a penalty? basically if no one on my team is talking before pistol round i can tell it's gonna be bad.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Antares posted:

can i abandon in warmup without a penalty? basically if no one on my team is talking before pistol round i can tell it's gonna be bad.

Nope! Abandoning during warmup gives you an immediate 30m cooldown.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Bohemian Nights posted:

Nope! Abandoning during warmup gives you an immediate 30m cooldown.

Heck, not connecting gives you a cooldown. Although apparently if you lose connection and your team surrenders within 3 minutes you don't get an abandon.

Edit: Although in that case someone else has to have already abandoned, but still.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Not a great shot because I was dead. But this was kind of freaky.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Zoo is the best map on this
dumb game. # CantBeTouched #CantBeStopped

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Of course some fuckhead TK's the bot because he "wants the dak dak", proceeds to get a MM kickban for TK'ing, and then have us lose 3v5 from a 12-3 half.

Abandons in this game need to be handled better.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Nam Taf posted:

Of course some fuckhead TK's the bot because he "wants the dak dak", proceeds to get a MM kickban for TK'ing, and then have us lose 3v5 from a 12-3 half.

Abandons in this game need to be handled better.

lmbo

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
rofl

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Not the first time ScreaM has gotten overwatch banned, I think. And given his... unique playstyle, it doesn't surprise me he hasn't gotten overwatched more often than that.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
peer review is not a viable anticheat

but seriously scream demos look like cheat showreels

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

VAC banning smurfs seems reasonable, you're paying to win games the only difference is you pay Valve instead of a third party :coffeepal:

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I dislike smurfing but I kinda want to make another account so I can learn to AWP, because I'm probably silver elite with the AWP

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Too bad smurfing is the only way to make MM enjoyable if want to play with a 5 stack of players of varying skill levels.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
A good partial solution would be to just make competitive and casual the same gamemode

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Since almost no-one in my friends list likes maining the AWP, I've been toying around with it lately, trying to learn the ropes. Very happy with this snapshot down mid! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p3ltdog8Gw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Consistently hitting the easy shots is the hardest and most important thing with the awp.

• Locked thread