Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i've bet on mark hunt basically all the time and i'm still way, way up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
And you're gonna enjoy eternal paradise

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Actually, Rothwell by KO at +285 is pretty enticing.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

The Duck of Death posted:

Actually, Rothwell by KO at +285 is pretty enticing.

You should bet it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I can think of few things sweeter than watching fat shitrione die and simultaneously getting money

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
equal bets on rothwell by KO at +260, and anything-except-mittrione-by-ko at -110

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

equal bets on rothwell by KO at +260, and anything-except-mittrione-by-ko at -110

cant be that bad, good luck goon

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
The only bet I did was on Boetsch because i have a time honored tradition of betting against Dan henderson in all of his fights for the past several years

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009
I'm going for Rothwell ITD as well. There's also some decent value on Medeiros at +200.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I bet a decent amount on Boestch at -200 because he's not 2015 Dan Henderson.

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

manyak posted:

cant be that bad, good luck goon

i have learned nothing from this lesson

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

i have learned nothing from this lesson

picking someone to win by a specific method is usually kind of a sucker bet because they take more juice on those types of bets, Rothwell to win straight up at +160 probably had more value but at +260 he only has to knock him out 30% of the time for you to make a profit so it cant be that bad

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Parlayed Jordan, Ben, Boetsch. Also did a stupid prop bet on Big Ben KO. Don't let me down Tim.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

gently caress

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Boetch walked right into it lmao

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Worth it

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

manyak posted:

picking someone to win by a specific method is usually kind of a sucker bet because they take more juice on those types of bets, Rothwell to win straight up at +160 probably had more value but at +260 he only has to knock him out 30% of the time for you to make a profit so it cant be that bad

i thought about this and you're right. the +260 bet wouldve had more value than the +160 bet only if rothwell's paths to victory involve a KO more than 72% of the time

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009
I prayed to jesus for some tips and this is what he gave me:

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009
thanks jesus

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

quote:

“A lot of people are counting me out,” Shamrock said. “At least the oddsmakers are. People that know me, they’d bet their house on this fight. But it is what is. I understand, I know where I’m at, because my last couple of fights haven’t been that great. I’ve been out of it for six years. You add all those things together, it’s impossible for me to win this fight. I understand that.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lmao

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Lyoto Machida -170

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There's a guy on F4Wonline who posts MMA betting tips:

quote:

Pick 2 – Steve Bosse (10-1) +175 over Thiago Santos (10-3) I’m betting $100 to win $175

Taking a bit of a flyer here on the debuting Bosse, who’s looked at as somewhat of a gimmick fighter. But here’s the thing: dude can fight. He’s got wins over Houston Alexander and Wes Sims, both far bigger fighters with a lot of experience. Santos is just 2-2 in UFC and I think he falls below .500 here.

If you can't tell he's been losing money. It's one thing to pick Bosse, it is another to be impressed by wins over Houston Alexander and Wes Sims.

Pokkahn
Nov 23, 2003
Tree fallin
Ding

Mixed Martial Arts (Game) Moneyline

Both must fight for action.

Bellator 139 - Kansas Star Arena, Mulvane, Kansas, United States

(8007) Cheick Kongo +125 Jun 26/15@10:30p

Competitor: (8006) Alexander "Drago" Volkov

Web US$ 100.00 US$ 125.00

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
Sometimes you do bet on MMA. Turned $30 into $1000 on DraftKings by picking Sims, Romero, Larkin, Santos, and Silva

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MassRafTer posted:

There's a guy on F4Wonline who posts MMA betting tips:

If you can't tell he's been losing money. It's one thing to pick Bosse, it is another to be impressed by wins over Houston Alexander and Wes Sims.

This was an amazing tip.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Hahaha wow

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Just put my stake on Mendes after getting my Aldo refund using my system this time. I want Conar to win so he can fight Jose so my money's on the other guy so I'm happy either way.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Mendes by TKO/KO is at +623 on the sites that have props up.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

$20 on robbie / mendes parlay to win over $100. they're both underdogs paying approx 2.2 / 1

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

drat. May have to throw 20 on that

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

I could only get it at +400 but I'll put 1k on it to win 5k. What day is the fight and is it a PPV?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
This Saturday and it is a ppv.

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
on my site, mendes currently is

+145 (41%) to win
+585 (15%) to win via TKO (37% of mendes' wins will be via TKO)
+670 (13%) to win via SUB (32% of mendes' wins will be via SUB)
+325 (24%) to win via DEC (60% of mendes' wins will be via DEC)
while mcgregor is -165 (62%).

there's a 11% vig betting on the type of win versus the 3% vig if you just bet on the winner

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
what's a good site to use to bet on MMA if I live in California?

feelin' saucy.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

jase1 posted:

I could only get it at +400 but I'll put 1k on it to win 5k. What day is the fight and is it a PPV?

Something is wrong because I feel like this is a pretty good bet and one I was thinking about doing too (with much less money), but if we all do it then it'll never happen.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Something is wrong because I feel like this is a pretty good bet and one I was thinking about doing too (with much less money), but if we all do it then it'll never happen.

I'm debating sports betting for the first time in a long time on that too. Let's Coleman this together.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I put twenty on a Mendes Sub at +670.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

-Atom- posted:

what's a good site to use to bet on MMA if I live in California?

feelin' saucy.

Bump. Never bet before, and all these sites look super shady. I'm lost.