Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Junpei Hyde posted:

Someone please alert simosimo to this thread. Radical Larry's legend needs to live on. Woe betide those who suggest he get a haircut.

Nah, he should have a new haircut imposed upon him by Creative every single week. (Even if he's not booked in a match)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I had to roll dice to determine which one to pick... so here goes.

06.06.2015 - Kayfabe Commentary - Little Plow, loving Wide Antennas (courtesy of kalonZombie)

Here's also a Highlights Reel Midnightlight made for last weeks show.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

IGgy IGsen posted:

I had to roll dice to determine which one to pick... so here goes.

06.06.2015 - Kayfabe Commentary - Little Plow, loving Wide Antennas (courtesy of kalonZombie)

Here's also a Highlights Reel Midnightlight made for last weeks show.

Hey, not to be naggy, but is it possible for you to upload in 480 for later videos? The text is a little hard to read in 360, and the peanut gallery can be pretty entertaining (and I'm not just saying that because I am one of the peanut gallery this week).

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, I think I just don't know how Youtube works in relation to freshly-uploaded videos.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

EclecticTastes posted:

Hey, not to be naggy, but is it possible for you to upload in 480 for later videos? The text is a little hard to read in 360, and the peanut gallery can be pretty entertaining (and I'm not just saying that because I am one of the peanut gallery this week).

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, I think I just don't know how Youtube works in relation to freshly-uploaded videos.

It's 720p, YT just takes a while to make it available in higher resolutions. This time it seems to take a while longer. Dunno why. Also took long to process.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Is this something hitbox does. That's reeeeaaaallly stupid. At least better than twitch where those options only open up after you have about a hundred or so viewers.

On review, it appears that it's the same deal with Hitbox: if you aren't a partner (which you can only become with 100+ viewers and 3+ streams a week), people on connections too slow to handle the rate you personally put it out at are SOL. It might be worth seeing if you can adjust your work flow to put out a lower-bitrate stream but record a higher-res video for YouTube. Ultimately, though, it's up to you!

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.
We've had Loki versus Punchy for Punchy taking Loki's place, and moveset, and music after finishing the match.

We've also had Fruity versus Interrupter for attacking him during plot-time, during which the game referred to Fruity as Interrupter because this loving game.

I think that this means, between the rehash of Dash Rendar becoming Dick Rendar making it more of a two-on-one, and me stealing Lazyfire's name in the post-match plot for some reason, in the next week or so we need a rematch between just me and Lazyfire. Loser is unmasked to prove who's the true hockey mask-wearer.
We can also lump the fedora-removal match someone suggested in chat in with this one; if I win I upgrade to a cowboy hat, if I lose I just get rid of the fedora.
I should be mad at Dash, but I can't be. One, karmic retribution for my debut in the original LPFWA, even if losing something like ten out of twelve matches back then should have been enough. Two, it's just way too appropriate and I loving called it.

I've also got like three things to put under the stream already, but in the interest of not taking the space over entirely I'm gonna just put one for next week's show. This one seems the most appropriate given the contents of today's stream.

I might be good to actually get in on commentating over next week's stream, too. Just beware that my ISP's recently gained a tendency to work perfectly in lovely weather and then a couple days later drop connection for 80+ minutes for no reason, so don't be surprised if I drop from the call a minute into the first match and don't come back until the stream's over.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Tons of submission wins this week. I've been watching VGCW recently and they don't seem to ever go for submissions, is there a setting to turn them off or something?

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Yes, they do it specifically because submissions make the matches end far too fast for the set pace. It feels like this show is running a quicker match pace than VGCW, even accounting for submissions.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Oh man I can't believe I won! I'm so excited! I wonder if the crowd liked me? I tried my best to show off the moves I learned from Papa Owl. I have to try my best to win, but also to entertain! That is the spirit of wrestling! But what if it was beginners' luck? I have to train more for the next tournament match!

Not gonna lie, even though I only watched the youtube video, I still got pumped when my character started fighting. I was also expecting Nuffkins to win because it looked like he took less damage. By the way, what are the stats for the characters like? Are they all maxed out? In the old PS2 WWE games the CAWs had really low stats that you had to increase during season mode. Is that still true?

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Oblivion4568238 posted:

It feels like this show is running a quicker match pace than VGCW, even accounting for submissions.
VGCW's shows are a match longer than LPFWA's are. That probably has something to do with it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Big Scary Owl posted:

Oh man I can't believe I won! I'm so excited! I wonder if the crowd liked me? I tried my best to show off the moves I learned from Papa Owl. I have to try my best to win, but also to entertain! That is the spirit of wrestling! But what if it was beginners' luck? I have to train more for the next tournament match!

Not gonna lie, even though I only watched the youtube video, I still got pumped when my character started fighting. I was also expecting Nuffkins to win because it looked like he took less damage. By the way, what are the stats for the characters like? Are they all maxed out? In the old PS2 WWE games the CAWs had really low stats that you had to increase during season mode. Is that still true?

You just manually set the stats to whatever you want. Dunno what Iggy sets them to.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Everybody has a similar average of stats but different distributions. The average ranges from from 88 to 91. But stats don't really matter at all it seems. The people who submitted their own CAWs have lower stats because I didn't change them yet. But in test matches they still win and lose just as much as everybody else.

Also: I will not turn off submissions. There are people with submission finishers and gimmicks.
I also prefer a quicker match pace. In WWE13 they took forever and it was boooooooring.

I also can't adjust the match pace in story mode. This is a feature exclusive to... well. Every other mode.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Oh, I didn't mean I want submissions to be turned off, I was just wondering because I'm not used to seeing them so much.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'm also afraid of little boo boos, so it makes sense that a Big Scary Ow would win.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Eeevil posted:

Oh, I didn't mean I want submissions to be turned off, I was just wondering because I'm not used to seeing them so much.

Submissions in 2k14 are really overpowered (the AI in 2k14 is really bad at button-mashing, see also: why Hot Tags nearly always fail in tag matches). There's a reason VGCW turns them off for most matches: the AI is so bad at fighting out of them even an early and easily-escaped submission attempt will last three times longer than it should and will do a ton of damage in the process.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Hey, if multiple entries are allowed, here's someone we can add since I don't think we really have enough female wrestlers.

Name: Jade AKA Shauni
Appearance:
Type: Very acrobatic and quick. She usually fights with a stick but I'm pretty sure that's illegal in wrestling?
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlrIRahS81A
Hometown / Country: Parts Unknown
Announcer Name: Jade
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: A total face, Jade came to Earth investigating rumors of a vast conspiracy happening in the LPFWA, intending to expose it. She's got to fight her way to the top to uncover it though.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Another independent mind intent on exposing the shady dealings of the ethically challenged overlords at the LPFWA, purrfect.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I support Jade as long as it's literally Jade from WVGCW.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Sorry. No multiples. Just as the op says.
There's one person with two CAWs that that will remain the sole exception.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

IGgy IGsen posted:

Sorry. No multiples. Just as the op says.
There's one person with two CAWs that that will remain the sole exception.

Fair enough. I must have missed that part when skimming the OP to see if there was a rule against multiples.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Bad news: Although I did buy a copy of the game, apparently getting the game online means spending another £8, and screw that. Good news: My character should be a breeze to make anyway. So here's my application-thing.

Name: Grim Darkflame
Gender: I don't actually care which, to be honest. Up to you. If being female makes the groups easier or suits more people's gimmicks and tag teams, then I'm fine with it.
Appearance: Standard goth/metalhead image. Tall, thin, pale skin, black eyeliner. Big black jacket, black jeans, black boots. Longest, straightest jet-black hair. Spiked collar, and anything else you think fits well enough. 100% black looks kind of ridiculous though, tone it down by 10 or so.
Type: Use a lot of kicks. Put those big black boots to good use, ideally in and around somebody else's face. Go for quick, powerful moves, try and avoid moves full of emoting and grandstanding, I don't mind if you have to use the same attacks multiple times. Or if you ignore this.
Signature/Finishing Moves: Huge kicks to the face are always good. Or dropkicks and stomps. Sweet Chin Music is a pretty mean one.
Entrance Music: Here's where "I don't mind" becomes "I don't even know". Something vaguely metal-ish, I don't care if it's anime as hell, or video game music, or what. Not being able to use actual music sucks, but I'm sure someone has a couple good ideas.
Hometown / Country: The Other Side Of Darkness was a good one, go with that.
Announcer Name:"Mr Black" is an announcer name that works well, there's a lot of good metal words in that list too. Would "Heart Of A Dragon" work?
Other Stuff: Definitely not your standard mysterious, malevolent Undertaker-impersonator. Despite the penchant for black, and the spikes, and the self-published book on human sacrifice and demon worship, Darkflame is a face, and a fairly decent person behind the shocking pallor that is probably (hopefully) face paint. Just has some odd interests, that's all. If you need a hand, Grim will help you out, and if you just want to chill out with a few drinks, that works too. But don't you dare talk poo poo about metal.

If there's anything wrong here, or anything I need to change, just tell me. Or if anyone has ideas for themes that won't immediately get blocked.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

TheDarkFlame posted:

Entrance Music: Here's where "I don't mind" becomes "I don't even know". Something vaguely metal-ish, I don't care if it's anime as hell, or video game music, or what. Not being able to use actual music sucks, but I'm sure someone has a couple good ideas.
Metal is a subgenre that a lot of the time is not under a major label. And even if you count stuff like Nuclear Blast as a major label they don't get videos blocked as far as I know. There's a lot of "actual" music you can use.
Hell, I could probably use something as well known as Cradle of Filth if I felt like it. It's not like it's a freaking Kanye song.

Also: You should be able to upload your character even without buying an online pass. Unless you bought the game used, in that case you probably do. There should be a code in the game case otherwise.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
See what happened is that Eeevil was holding my arms back and I was trying to reach for some coffee but there was no coffee there and I started nodding off and the ref thought that meant I was submitting it was a terrible terrible thing and now I want a rematch or maybe a match with someone else I really don't care look I'm so hopped up on caffeine right now I'll fight three people I don't even care oh hey did someone order a double-whip no-fat mocha 'cause if no one ordered it I'm drinking this thing right now

(My moveset is perfect, IGgy, you made the Wrasslin' Barista of my dreams. Good job!)

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Metal is a subgenre that a lot of the time is not under a major label. And even if you count stuff like Nuclear Blast as a major label they don't get videos blocked as far as I know. There's a lot of "actual" music you can use.
Hell, I could probably use something as well known as Cradle of Filth if I felt like it. It's not like it's a freaking Kanye song.

Also: You should be able to upload your character even without buying an online pass. Unless you bought the game used, in that case you probably do. There should be a code in the game case otherwise.

Yeah. sorry, bought it used because it was cheap. Good thing I found that out before I meddled with the move list much.

Good to hear that you should be fine with metal. I'd love some Opeth, if you could use Beneath The Mire. Or, if you could manage Cradle Of Filth, you can probably get Dimmu Borgir, right? In which case, go for The Serpentine Offering. But like I say, I'll be happy with whatever works.
Okay, maybe not literally anything...

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Trizophenie posted:

Name: Galen Marek
Appearance:
Type: High Flyer
Signature Moves: Something that kinda looks like force choking?
Finishing Move(s): No idea
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2ZKHCxCZIQ
Hometown / Country: Out of this World
Announcer Name: Star Killer
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Face or heel, he doesn't know. Totally not a clone. Emo and whiny.

I considered the updates you made in a separate post and this is what I came up with.

VolticSurge posted:

Can Goons who haven't done LPs submit CAWs?
'Cause here's mine:

Name:Immortan Joe
Appearance:
Type :Brawler
Signature move:Nothing specific,just something really brutal and underhanded
Finishing move:See above
Entrance Music:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgYnKu8RYAU
Hometown/country:Brisbane,Australia
Announcer name:Immortal Joe
Gimmick: He's a giant Heel who tries to get the other Heels to join his army,but he finds their efforts mediocre at best.

If I can't submit a CAW,I'll gladly delete him.

I went a little off script here because there's things the game wont let me do.
Is it really Immortan Joe, by the way? Doesn't strike me as a typo, at least not on my keyboard.

JamieTheD posted:

What the hell, let's add a(nother) heel to the mix...

Name: JamieTheD
Twitter: @TheMadWelshman
Appearance: Add a top hat and cane to this, bling it up a bit, we're gold:

Style: High flyin' Mexican Style All The Way, Baby!
Signature Move: Top Hat Takedown
Finishing Move: Elbow Drop, any kind of dirty pool move.
Hometown, Country: The Other Side of Darkness (Couldn't resist)
Announcer name: The Dreamer of Sin
Gimmick: Is the "dapper" heel. Doesn't like his moustache getting bent. Obviously thinks he's more grandiose than he is. >8{C>

EDIT: Oh, yeah, Theme. Easy choice - Harlequin - Clockworks (Electribe Remix)

EDIT 2: If Blind Sally is up for teaming up with his ol' Convergence-buddy, JamieTheD is willing to bring the evils.

The mustache can barely be seen but it's there. I've exhausted all the "points" the game gives me to make a character for this one. So I could not add extra bling as requested.

And this is someone most of you don't know yet. His name's Quantum Crayons, he's scottish and he held the LPFWA title for a very long time in the past.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

Is it really Immortan Joe, by the way? Doesn't strike me as a typo, at least not on my keyboard.

Immortan Joe isn't a typo. It really is spelled like that.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Schir posted:

Immortan Joe isn't a typo. It really is spelled like that.

Mad Max should be required viewing. All four movies.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Lazyfire posted:

Mad Max should be required viewing. All four movies.

I dunno, it feels like the original Mad Max is kind of optional, compared to Road Warrior/Thunderdome/Fury Road. But it's okay if you don't see it that way, we can just settle it in the ring!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

EclecticTastes posted:

I dunno, it feels like the original Mad Max is kind of optional, compared to Road Warrior/Thunderdome/Fury Road. But it's okay if you don't see it that way, we can just settle it in the ring!

Can't we get beyond Thunderdome?

(I really need to go see Fury Road)

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Can't we get beyond Thunderdome?

We can, but it will be a furiously long road.
So long, in fact, that it would take 168 days to cross by motorcycle.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Schir posted:

We can, but it will be a furiously long road.
So long, in fact, that it would take 168 days to cross by motorcycle.

The NightRider could do it, he's the rocker, he's the roller, he's the out-of-controller!

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

IGgy IGsen posted:

The mustache can barely be seen but it's there. I've exhausted all the "points" the game gives me to make a character for this one. So I could not add extra bling as requested.

:allears: It's aaaaalll good, IGgy, can't wait to see the intro and the fights... Let the LPFWA tremble in fear, ahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAA coff coff coff ...Bloody hayfever, always ruins a good evil laugh.

(This is my subtle way of saying I like it and look forward to when I can make that my avatar)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Look, all I'm saying is that I'm not a mind-reader. You wanna hire me to do something, be explicit--oh, and pay me for it. I don't work pro-bono.
Mr. Rendar does not work for free. In fact, he doesn't work at all.
Shout out to my pal, Face, for being such a good sport about it. Are we cool? I'd like to think we're cool. No harm, no foul. No need to bring contracts into this sort of thing either. I'm not a big fan of contracts.
That's because you have difficulty seeing them through to completion, sir.
Mr. Humungus, if you're listening to this, I'm so glad we had a chance to meet ringside. It was lovely having you aboard the Outrider for peppermint tea. Please, you have my hololink, call me anytime you need to de-stress. I would certainly enjoy being one of your "doggawars", too. My fee is as we discussed. Please contact Leebo to make any hiring arrangements.
Oh, joy.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

IGgy IGsen posted:

And this is someone most of you don't know yet. His name's Quantum Crayons, he's scottish and he held the LPFWA title for a very long time in the past.
Holy poo poo I know who this is. At least by name on Youtube well glad someone else be representing the Scots here! :scotland:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

FredMSloniker posted:

On review, it appears that it's the same deal with Hitbox: if you aren't a partner (which you can only become with 100+ viewers and 3+ streams a week), people on connections too slow to handle the rate you personally put it out at are SOL. It might be worth seeing if you can adjust your work flow to put out a lower-bitrate stream but record a higher-res video for YouTube. Ultimately, though, it's up to you!

To elaborate on this a bit: you're using a capture card to pull the video off a PS3, if I understand correctly, and feeding that video to your stream software of choice. Would it be possible to save the captured video directly to your computer, but have the stream software output at a lower resolution and bitrate? It'd be nice if I could actually be in the audience when my character debut. And you can upload the high-res version to YouTube still.

(Also, could we go ahead and name the character 'Walter Dee', so as not to cause confusion between me and the character actually named Fred?)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

JamieTheD posted:

:allears: It's aaaaalll good, IGgy, can't wait to see the intro and the fights... Let the LPFWA tremble in fear, ahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAA coff coff coff ...Bloody hayfever, always ruins a good evil laugh.

(This is my subtle way of saying I like it and look forward to when I can make that my avatar)

But does he have your enchantingly beautiful singing voice though? :allears:

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

But does he have your enchantingly beautiful singing voice though? :allears:

Shhhhhh! Do you know what Fruitsniffer does to people who release a competing album? He's... He's... Sportsmanlike! And he hugs! (But you can totally get a free copy of my new album, "Cackling Madly Till The Sun Goes Down: The Best In Villainous Tunage - Volume 3", when you buy the advanced LPFWA subscription package, managed by... Yours truly. :angel: )

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
This behavior is symptomatic of the collapse of ethics in LPWA and related media. Cry sellout and let slip the cats of war!

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

This behavior is symptomatic of the collapse of ethics in LPWA and related media. Cry sellout and let slip the cats of war!

Hrm. This one's pretty good henchman material. I like 'em cynical, yet oddly gullible. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
So, I finally wrestled in my first match at the LPFWA, and it was AMAZING. Sure, that Lord Humungus guy isn't super nice, but those other guys looked like jerks, and Humungus was pretty nice about asking me. Plus, I made that guy tap out and it was awesome. Hot drat I am looking forward to getting to do more wrestling.

• Locked thread