Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
This week's Lance show is really good, actually. After about 4 minutes of talking about the cancer kid from Raw, they get into how Lance was asked to provide feedback to both RoH and TNA at roughly the same time (around when TNA first moved to Spike). One company and its talent was very receptive to his feedback. The other immediately started asking why he was so negative. I bet you'll never guess which was which!

RoH was receptive, TNA was not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I liked when Bryan said that Chris wouldn't be doing rest holds in his gauntlet match (since Hero said that's not his style), then Chris is like Weeeeell I'll probably be doing some rest holds haha

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How many 2-hour matches did Flair have back in the day?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Benne posted:

How many 2-hour matches did Flair have back in the day?

I don't think you can compare anyone's cardio to Ric "EVERY DAY I OPEN PALM SLAM THE STAIRMASTER. 4 HOURS A DAY EVERY DAY" Flair.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

A Biz Clizz Shoot DVD just went up on Highspots. It's basically a two hour Talk'n'Shop.

The first so many orders get a free autographed Bullet Club photo.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

sportsgenius86 posted:

A Biz Clizz Shoot DVD just went up on Highspots. It's basically a two hour Talk'n'Shop.

The first so many orders get a free autographed Bullet Club photo.

HOT ASIAN WIFE

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Are there clips of the best of Bryan and Vinny / Wrestling Observer stuff on youtube? Something about them complaining about lovely things is really funny.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Pretty much just search "Bryan and Vinny" and Impact or December to Dismember or another bad PPV on YouTube.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

"bryan and vinny victory road"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Teddybear posted:

Are there clips of the best of Bryan and Vinny / Wrestling Observer stuff on youtube? Something about them complaining about lovely things is really funny.

google "MINUS FIVE STARS"

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

21 Hoot Salute posted:

"bryan and vinny victory road"

ayn rand hand job posted:

google "MINUS FIVE STARS"

Welp, I think I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78TlpvYedug

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

get away from me, bird!!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

epitasis posted:

get away from me, bird!!

Bischoff sold for the BIRD!

A GUARD BIRD!

If you want some other great B&V listen to their reviews of the Urban Wrestling Federation.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Did Bryan and Vinny ever do a review of the Heroes of Wrestling PPV? It's always funny when they review old episodes of Nitro, so I'd love to here what they'd have to say about it.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Here's a great account for some good B&V reviews, many of them have video clips to highlight the discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?randyHEADLOCKorton?videos

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mob posted:

Here's a great account for some good B&V reviews, many of them have video clips to highlight the discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?randyHEADLOCKorton?videos

This and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCRWBHsDPusvdpLt9y8lgVQA are my two go to B&V channels. This one doesn't do the video clip part though, but it does have videos organizing Impact discussions by month.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mob posted:

https://www.youtube.com/user/randyHEADLOCKorton

Great White Hope posted:

This and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRWBHsDPusvdpLt9y8lgVQA are my two go to B&V channels. This one doesn't do the video clip part though, but it does have videos organizing Impact discussions by month.

I'm actually subscribed to these channels on YouTube, they're pretty great.

These channels, too

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAvdDNIfpPuy0sSyD-k5NSw
https://www.youtube.com/user/fullmatches123
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVLL0CVSc-YaaI2tmwBSCQw

Goddamn, they could legitimately release a whole line of audiobooks collecting the best of Bryan and Vinny at this point, there is just so much great stuff out there.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 7, 2015

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
An old figure four daily with Cesaro showed up on my feed today, and I got scared he got sacked

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The latest Talking Shop is hilarious (as always) - Hulk Hogan shoots on the Fink, and Luke Gallows makes a social faux-pas.

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

An old figure four daily with Cesaro showed up on my feed today, and I got scared he got sacked

I assume this is because Chris Hero was just on the show recently.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Disco Inferno being one of Cesaro's inspirations when he was first starting is just perfect.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Dave Meltzer posted:

Too bad the Briscoes are married, because they should be on these FarmersOnly.com commercials
I love it when Dave is watching a C-level UFC show on Saturday night and gets a little punchy after mixing in some Seagrams wine coolers with his Hi-C.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dunbar posted:

I love it when Dave is watching a C-level UFC show on Saturday night and gets a little punchy after mixing in some Seagrams wine coolers with his Hi-C.

The best (probably) drunk and happy Dave was for New Beginning 2014 when he was obviously enthralled by the top two matches and eventually started throwing a couple jabs in at HHH.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

PaybackJack posted:

Bischoff sold for the BIRD!

A GUARD BIRD!

If you want some other great B&V listen to their reviews of the Urban Wrestling Federation.

"Men argued on the street. They didn't know who each other were—but they were willing to fight. A bus drove by. That is not poetry"

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Smoking Crow posted:

"Men argued on the street. They didn't know who each other were—but they were willing to fight. A bus drove by. That is not poetry"

I was fine with the gunplay.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

Uncle Murder

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

oatgan posted:

Uncle Murder

The man who wins this match is gonna have to grow a second dick for all the fuckin' he'll be doing

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Vinny from F4W posted:

He quote "wanted to get that money".

Them liking that everyone had the same motivation to get that money. Excellent.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RZApublican posted:

The man who wins this match is gonna have to grow a second dick for all the fuckin' he'll be doing

This.

A million times this.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Coughlin and Todd for Filthy Tom is shaping up to be a massively one-sided trade

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Coughlin and Todd for Filthy Tom is shaping up to be a massively one-sided trade

The best part of the dynamic is it gives Bryan an outlet to make super lame jokes like the "...so was that his Lucha libre gimmick?" for dave to no sell and Tom do go :rolleyes: "Yeah, I got it."

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

LordPants posted:

The best part of the dynamic is it gives Bryan an outlet to make super lame jokes like the "...so was that his Lucha libre gimmick?" for dave to no sell and Tom do go :rolleyes: "Yeah, I got it."

Plus Tom's jokes get laughs out of Dave, which freshens up the dynamic. That and having a guy who's a fighter, a former wrestler, and a massive fan of both really rounds the show out a lot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"I've seen that in Ultimate Surrender."

"Yeah"

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

The wrestling journalism equivalent of trading Patrick Roy to the Avalanche.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

"Yeah"

Hahaha I missed that

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
And I never get tired of "Tom, do you have any thoughts on this?"

*pregnant pause*

"No."

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I like Tom. Every now and then Dave says something about the UFC undercard fighters and then pauses and realizes that one of them is on the other line and Dave basically insulted the guy, then Tom makes a joke about it and Dave exhales and moves on. It's great. Tom also has a very self-aware and humble ego so he's not getting really pissed off.

This time Dave explaining that Brian Ebersole had the best entrances in MMA history, then Tom mocking idignation while Dave backpedaled and was like "Oh you're are really good too!"

That and the Triple A comment were fantastic.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

MassRafTer posted:

"Yeah"

Filthy has settled right into the groove of these shows, horrible jokes, then no-selling them

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i want another sin limite with filthy, mike and dave.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

PaybackJack posted:

I like Tom. Every now and then Dave says something about the UFC undercard fighters and then pauses and realizes that one of them is on the other line and Dave basically insulted the guy, then Tom makes a joke about it and Dave exhales and moves on. It's great. Tom also has a very self-aware and humble ego so he's not getting really pissed off.

This time Dave explaining that Brian Ebersole had the best entrances in MMA history, then Tom mocking idignation while Dave backpedaled and was like "Oh you're are really good too!"

Someone on the Board said it was like when Monica told Chandler that someone was the funniest person she had ever met. Apt comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

PaybackJack posted:

"....he was the ASSISTANT Master of Entrances!"

• Locked thread