Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
We all know Matt is the best Best Friend because he defends the honor of breakfast like a true American hero.
We love you Matt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

If you're talking about Baseball Batman, I didn't edit that one, but even if I did, that's how the game recorded. We played it on an Xbox, and couldn't change it.\

Bloodborne finale and next part of Freedom Planet tomorrow.

And then monday?

A new "WEEK OF"

Week of...dinosaurs?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Dias posted:

Week of...dinosaurs?

Week of Theodore Rex: they watch Theodore Rex every day and record a video of their thoughts after. Slowly they lose the ability to form words and their videos devolve into guttural noises.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Do not even ask posted:

Week of Theodore Rex: they watch Theodore Rex every day and record a video of their thoughts after. Slowly they lose the ability to form words and their videos devolve into guttural noises.

So it's actually Nuzlocke 2.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

TheRealestMatt posted:

If you're talking about Baseball Batman, I didn't edit that one, but even if I did, that's how the game recorded. We played it on an Xbox, and couldn't change it.\

Bloodborne finale and next part of Freedom Planet tomorrow.

And then monday?

A new "WEEK OF"

Thank you Based King Of Strong Style.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Captain Invictus posted:

It might be worth asking in the Giant Bomb thread(I know, I know) for snippets of Jeff Gerstmann's Jar Time segments where he talks about how he deals with the job, the criticism, etc as well as balancing life issues. Like, his dad just passed away recently after struggling with a long illness, and he talked a little bit about how he dealt with that while trying to keep his chin up on camera. It was really interesting to listen to. I only suggest this because you guys and Giant Bomb are really similar in principle, and Jeff's probably one of the most knowledgeable and wisest dudes in the entire industry, weird quirks be damned. I know he's discussed some of his ways for dealing with feeling down but needing to be on camera before, which could help in the future for you.

These sound very interesting and wonder if they're on Youtube.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Dias posted:

Week of...dinosaurs?

Trespasser Full LP when?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Genetic Toaster posted:

Trespasser Full LP when?

ResearchIndicates got that poo poo on lockdown, but I agree regardless.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Charles Martel posted:

These sound very interesting and wonder if they're on Youtube.
Unfortunately the Jar Times are premium content on giant bomb, a yearly membership's anywhere from 32-50 bucks. That said, I totally think their premium stuff is worth the price of admission. The Demo Derbies are amazing by themselves, and you also get access to the entire back catalog of premium stuff, like 3 months solid worth of video.

I'm sure it's come up before and has probably been answered somewhere I've not seen yet, but have you guys ever considered a Patreon, Matt? Or is what you're doing too outside the scope of Patreon at this point, or what?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm sorry if I seems I'm lashing out. I've been away from here for a while now (been so busy with alot of things) and the first thing I see when I come back is a fair amount of you making GBS threads on me. I try to do my very best in every LP, and be positive, and be a source of energy. But when people bring up the nuzlocke, there was ALOT of stuff going behind the scenes that are kinda sensitive issues for me. If I could do it all over again, and better, I would, BELIEVE ME.

Matt, honestly, the thing that's always made SBFP special for me is how honest you all are, and you're right that you're generally one of the most positive people on the crew, but you shouldn't force yourself to be that. Frankly, it wouldn't bother me if in the future, if you're in a bad spot, you just take some time for yourself. You have an amazing work ethic, it's probably one of the core reasons for your success, but there's no shame in popping in and out of a playthrough or just taking time off away from the camera if that's what you need to do. And gently caress, I thought Nuzlocke was a great concept for an LP too; in retrospect it was a mistake, but if you never make a mistake, you aren't trying to push new ground. As long as you understand what didn't work about it (and it sounds like you do), then it will be a good thing in the end. Just want you to know that, even as you go through tough times, your videos helped me make it through some tough times too; even the bad videos.

Glad to see you back on the forums, and good job on Sonic Adventure. That might actually be my favorite full LP in terms of what you all added to it.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Matt, who has the biggest cock?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Pat, because he is one

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
When's the next Matt + Pat playthrough? Unless I'm missing something there hasn't been any since revelations right?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I just started watching Road To The Final Victory, where Woolie is playing by himself, and goddamn do I have the biggest crush on Woolie.

Wait, Matt showed up. I wanted to watch Woolie talk to me specifically as a person while he played Pokemon. Matt's making Friends jokes though so I'm okay with masturbating to Woolie while matts in the shot

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 7, 2015

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Aw, you got the stink lines and everything!

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Woolie and pat: energy drinks are a waste of money and are packed with sugar. A gram of meth is very cheap and will keep you up for at least 4 days. Dance for me!! Dance!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

TheRealestMatt posted:

A new "WEEK OF"

Week of Nintendo squid-themed online shooters. Or Jurassic Park, either would be cool.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Mesothelioma posted:

When's the next Matt + Pat playthrough? Unless I'm missing something there hasn't been any since revelations right?
Correct. I'm waiting for it as well. I love all the different playthroughs that go on, but Matt and Pat at the helm always has that main attraction feel.

Speaking of which, I've started rewatching the RE4 LP because I want more Matt and Pat just shooting the poo poo playing games together and I like RE4 a lot so going back to this would be fun. Though hearing them talk about Evil Within before release at points is especially weird/funny considering their thoughts on the game after it came out.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ArclightBorealis posted:

Correct. I'm waiting for it as well. I love all the different playthroughs that go on, but Matt and Pat at the helm always has that main attraction feel.

Speaking of which, I've started rewatching the RE4 LP because I want more Matt and Pat just shooting the poo poo playing games together and I like RE4 a lot so going back to this would be fun. Though hearing them talk about Evil Within before release at points is especially weird/funny considering their thoughts on the game after it came out.

You just reminded me we got screwed out of a Spiderman 3 LP with Matt at the helm and Pat just dying in the background.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
I'm 11 episodes into the Dark Souls 2 LP. I'm also in the middle of a Dark Souls 1 playthrough and haven't played DS2 since the last of the DLC was released. This LP is giving me a whole new appreciation for how bizarre DS2 is. Also, listening to the gradual build up of "PERFECT!" and "Seewhaddimean?" is just excellent.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

DumbparameciuM posted:

I'm 11 episodes into the Dark Souls 2 LP. I'm also in the middle of a Dark Souls 1 playthrough and haven't played DS2 since the last of the DLC was released. This LP is giving me a whole new appreciation for how bizarre DS2 is. Also, listening to the gradual build up of "PERFECT!" and "Seewhaddimean?" is just excellent.

drop your standards

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

goldblums eyes posted:

Woolie and pat: energy drinks are a waste of money and are packed with sugar. A gram of meth is very cheap and will keep you up for at least 4 days. Dance for me!! Dance!

I want to say something mean but I fear you might take it badly and kill yourself or the closest bystander.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

goldblums eyes posted:

Matt, who has the biggest cock?

Batista.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

I want to say something mean but I fear you might take it badly and kill yourself or the closest bystander.

I'm sorry you took my joke serious?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

10 INCH!

DumbparameciuM posted:

SotfS kind of fixed a most of my problems with DS2, so I kind of recommend giving that a look.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

goldblums eyes posted:

I'm sorry you took my joke serious?

I'm sorry I read your post.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
The end of Sunday afternoon Bloodborne has come at last.

*holy poo poo that's the hypest boss since snake eater.

really, whoever designed the set pieces for the bosses deserves a medal, some of the ways you meet bosses are masterpieces of visual design and communication.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 7, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This is one heavily lubricated finale.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Silentman0 posted:

Week of Nintendo squid-themed online shooters. Or Jurassic Park, either would be cool.

Week of DMC! Isn't the big hd redo coming out this week?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Week of Jurassic Parks and Rec.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"But what if he butt pounds you like yoshi"

"Yoshi......"

Highlight of the finale for me.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rodyle posted:

This is one heavily lubricated finale.

Why, yes, Pat is a little drunk.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

FauxGateau posted:

Why, yes, Pat is a little drunk.

:woop:ALCOHOL!:woop:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh shut up Pat, DeS is not better than DaS2.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
To be fair King Allant is a pretty loving hype boss at the time compared to DS1/2.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
DeS actually is better than Dark Souls 2 btw

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

cmykjester posted:

DeS actually is better than Dark Souls 2 btw
And Dark Souls 1. Especially when a good number of characters and locations in Dark are just dull retreads of things that already existed in Demon's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Actually, the game I like better is the best one because of [thing it has that the others don't]!