Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

DrakeD posted:

me too, but just because they were almost always so much dominant that they basically annihilated the opposite teams.
this team concedes A LOT more, which sure makes for more entertaining matches. IMO

This teams defense and goalkeeping are considerably better than that teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Are we all ready to admit that Valdes was loving terrible, at least? Are we at that point yet?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gigi Galli posted:

Are we all ready to admit that Valdes was loving terrible, at least? Are we at that point yet?

If by Valdes, you mean Casillas, then yes agreed.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Gigi Galli posted:

He was ok. Good with his feet and that made him a good fit. His biggest problem was he was inconsistent. He'd make great saves then poo poo the bed. I guess that makes him a bad keeper though lol.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I think a guy with five goal keeping trophies isn't that bad at his job.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Gigi Galli posted:

he was really bad at first but then he got honestly really good and I think his last 3 years at Barca he was a better keeper than Casillas imo

still I'm glad he decided to leave Barca when he did, Bravo and ter Stegen are both solid.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I think this a better side to watch than 09 but not as revolutionary or surprising (after the nadir of Rijkaard's stint). Like, there aren't nobodies like Busquets, Pedro, and Pique suddenly becoming world beaters. The excellence of this side is 'expected'.

Rakitic is an extremely cool player and I think his running off the ball and directness has a lot to do with making them a more interesting side to watch although it's still mainly the front 3, which could be the best trio ever. Big 'Mar is only getting better. Sickening.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

NattyBo posted:

So happy right now y'all

çççççççççÇÇÇÇÇççççççççççççççççÇÇÇÇçççççççÇÇççÇÇççç

lol

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
I'm still amazed that Neymar has turned out to be the real deal. I would have bet a lot of money he would have been a bust and gay or something.

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i wanted juve to win, but i'm happy enrique has shown pep up as the poo poo fraud he is

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
Very impressive season from Barcelona. Congrats to all the Barca fans here.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Parody Threads posted:

I'm still amazed that Neymar has turned out to be the real deal. I would have bet a lot of money he would have been a bust and gay or something.

I'm still not convinced yet. I'm fairly certain you could take Ronaldo, transplant him into any team and he'd still be Ronaldo. Neymar does his magic in the context of a phenomenal team. Granted, walking into Barca's starting 11 and hitting the ground running is by no means an easy feat, but would he be just as good without having Messi and Suarez at his side? He is the real deal at Barca though and I guess that's all that matters right now.

Congrats Barca fans btw, what a season for you guys.

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

mackintosh posted:

I'm still not convinced yet. I'm fairly certain you could take Ronaldo, transplant him into any team and he'd still be Ronaldo. Neymar does his magic in the context of a phenomenal team. Granted, walking into Barca's starting 11 and hitting the ground running is by no means an easy feat, but would he be just as good without having Messi and Suarez at his side? He is the real deal at Barca though and I guess that's all that matters right now.

Congrats Barca fans btw, what a season for you guys.

well he did drag a lovely brazillian team pretty far

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Barca were pretty unconvincing through the first half of the season. Messi being mardy, Luis Enrique on the verge of the sack...losing to Moyes was the moment they started to turn it around

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ape Gone Insane posted:

well he did drag a lovely brazillian team pretty far

Yeah Neymar is a diving little twink but the dude is ridiculously good and is still going to get better.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Imagine if he gave up his lovely diving and became a fighter, he'd be so much better

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
'09 Barca wasn't as good as 2011 or 2012 Barcelona but nobody was really anticipating that kind of play in 2008/09.

Remember they really shouldn't have progressed past Chelsea in 2009, and definitely weren't the better side. They were a bit fortunate in the other three titles they won at the start of the following season as well.

2010: I think Barcelona were the best team in the world but the eruption, first leg refereeing and a defensive masterclass in the second leg stopped them.
2011: they were the best team in the world again, and Mourinho played five clasicos and won one - the CdR final. I don't think he won the following five either. This probably should have been their second treble.
2012: they were becoming a bit fatigued by the latter half of the season, Villa broke his leg, and eventually they imploded entirely. Poor poor finishing in the games against Chelsea: Sanchez, Cesc, Messi, Busquets all missing certain goals.

In terms of being superior to their opposition, I think Barcelona 2011 were the best of them all.

TheDoublePivot
Feb 27, 2013

Mans posted:

Barca 09 is Goku SSJ but but nowadays Barca is basically that version of Gohan who didn't even need spiky gold hair, he was just unstopable chilling in his normal state.

Big fan of this explanation, thanks.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Aleix Vidal to Barca is official, won't be able to play until January though thanks to the fifa ban.

http://www.fcbarcelona.es/futbol/primer-equipo/detalle/noticia/aleix-vidal-azulgrana-hasta-2020

This probably means Dani Alves played his last game for Barca yesterday, not a bad way to go anyway.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

El Hefe posted:

This probably means Dani Alves played his last game for Barca yesterday, not a bad way to go anyway.

I'd be much more content, if he'd played his last game ever.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

mackintosh posted:

I'd be much more content, if he'd played his last game ever.

I think you'll find Dani Alves is the best right back of all time.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

serious gaylord posted:

Please don't tell me that oval office is moving to United.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

serious gaylord posted:

Dunga didn't even call him up for Copa America, what an idiot.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Can't wait to see Alves bombing down the wing, charging refs and being a general oval office. Hes always been my fav player.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
he should go to France or even better Italy but none of the Italian clubs have the money to pay what he wants, so it'll prob be France.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

El Hefe posted:

he should go to France or even better Italy but none of the Italian clubs have the money to pay what he wants, so it'll prob be France.

He keeps batting his eyelashes at Milan, and they have a new Thai part-owner that is supposed to splash some cash this summer.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

serious gaylord posted:

Can't wait to see Alves bombing down the wing, charging refs and being a general oval office. Hes always been my fav player.

Its going to be fun when he gets kicked to poo poo and the refs don't give anything

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I love Alves because he barely defends. He's always as far up as the wingers on every attack he's great

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I'm pissed he's leaving. He's been so important to barca over the past 4 years and he links up so well with Messi. Surehe hits some crosses into the stands and barely defends but that's not what they need anyway.

I don't really care what he called fans last year, management should do everything in their power to keep him.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

BWV posted:

I'm pissed he's leaving. He's been so important to barca over the past 4 years and he links up so well with Messi. Surehe hits some crosses into the stands and barely defends but that's not what they need anyway.

I don't really care what he called fans last year, management should do everything in their power to keep him.

well yeah as long as he keeps giving good performances who cares but it really looks like he's on his way out

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
ter Stegen just spoke during the celebrations in the Camp Nou and his Spanish was pretty good, he learned fast.

Bale still only knows how to say "hola"

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Pique: "Thanks to the fans who were in Berlin. We crushed the Juve fans!"

Platini and/or mods do the needful

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

El Hefe posted:

ter Stegen just spoke during the celebrations in the Camp Nou and his Spanish was pretty good, he learned fast.

Makes sense. Bale, like Morata, Robben, etc is probably just using Madrid as a stepping stone to get to an actual Top Club.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

trem_two posted:

jesus christ

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

trem_two posted:

Thats a bad translation right? He didn't actually say that?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

serious gaylord posted:

I don't know but he did thank Kevin Roldan lmao

Cristiano really hosed up with both his birthday party and above all his stupid yell during the Ballon d'Or, that's when Messi got really angry and Barca started destroying everyone.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

serious gaylord posted:

He's referring to the fans at the game making noise.

Juve fans were barely audible.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's possible that Pique, a Spanish person, doesn't remember an event between italian and english teams before he was even born when he made some tweet or something.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Pique can suck my balls loving oval office headed dweeb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

El Hefe posted:

he'll know "adios" soon

• Locked thread