Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chance
Apr 28, 2002

So help me if there isn't a super scope styled blaster at some point I'm going to be very disappointed (blaster instead of charger because there is already a poo poo ton of those).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Bad news Judd actually lies about the winner most of the time.

Honestly kinda bummed to find out that he actually does play favorites.

I'd like to think that the super jumps add a teeny tiny modicum of ink, but I can be wrong.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think we are getting one player dlc....

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Where is that from?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It's from the original trailer.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Fix posted:

Where is that from?

There's been a lot of E3 leaks circulating recently, so maybe from that?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Fix posted:

Where is that from?

The first singleplayer trailer that came out :v:

It also showed Camp Daggerfish and a few stages we don't have yet (as well as beta maps in general). Seeing how a lot of stuff is cut out, hey it's possible!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rama of Ra posted:

Staaaaaaay Fresh!

(Where's that emote?)

I believe it's :gay:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
One of the original trailers had a shot or two from some retro sidescrolling game, the one that people assumed would be in the arcade cabinet. I wonder if that was ever actually a thing or just a placeholder.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Bruceski posted:

I believe it's :gay:

It works too well with the game's color gimmick.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

A Splatoon level editor would pretty much be the greatest gift Nintendo ever gave squidkidkind.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

One of the original trailers had a shot or two from some retro sidescrolling game, the one that people assumed would be in the arcade cabinet. I wonder if that was ever actually a thing or just a placeholder.

Don't you get new arcade games from completing all the amiibo challenges? I haven't seen anyone mention what those are like.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Fix posted:

A Splatoon level editor would pretty much be the greatest gift Nintendo ever gave squidkidkind.

The way the single-player levels are laid out, you could use something very similar to the level editor from Portal 2.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

raditts posted:

Don't you get new arcade games from completing all the amiibo challenges? I haven't seen anyone mention what those are like.

You do, but they're nothing like the one shown in the old trailer.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

raditts posted:

The girl gives some weird squid volleyball game where you try to hit jellyfish, the boy gives a little racing game thing, and the squid gives a sound test, which is the best because it lets you listen to the final boss tracks while waiting for matches.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I've just realised the Double Barrled Pun with Booyah Base, the "Boo Yah!" Voice Sample in the main theme and the Quick Chat.

God I feel dumb.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Roland Jones posted:

The girl gives some weird squid volleyball game where you try to hit jellyfish, the boy gives a little racing game thing, and the squid gives a sound test, which is the best because it lets you listen to the final boss tracks while waiting for matches.

Strangely enough there's a few tracks that are grayed out that you can't listen to in the test.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I did it, A+ 99. Now I can die.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Lemming posted:

I did it, A+ 99. Now I can die.

That's a thing. Congrats and go don't play this anymore.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm stuck in B rank hell

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

IronicDongz posted:

I'm stuck in B rank hell

I'm stuck in B- and its actually making me reconsider weapons.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I loving hate the Krackon. The maps are so loving small and they can just camp the splat zones and chase you away with the Kracken forever and the lack of voice chat or pings means you will never ever capture the zone. Especially skate park and mall.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Dizz posted:

I'm stuck in B- and its actually making me reconsider weapons.

I've had some luck with the Dual Squelcher. The damage is adequate (4 shots to kill) with a much better fire rate than the standard Squelchers, and still retains insane range. The standard Squelcher is sort of at the point where it has more range than you can realistically use, so the Dual works a lot better as an all-purpose weapon by sacrificing some of that in exchange for sweet fire rate and time-to-kill enhancement.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think we are getting one player dlc....

I would like a co-op version of the single player stages.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I wish you could join ranked with friends because holy moley its a crapshoot whether or not you make rank progress. You can consistently topscore and topfrag on both winning and losing teams and just end up on a streak of losing teams for how often half the lobby quits and gets replaced every time a match ends, so even if you were on a good team before you could end up on a string of fresh new bad ones.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Alabaster White posted:

I've had some luck with the Dual Squelcher. The damage is adequate (4 shots to kill) with a much better fire rate than the standard Squelchers, and still retains insane range. The standard Squelcher is sort of at the point where it has more range than you can realistically use, so the Dual works a lot better as an all-purpose weapon by sacrificing some of that in exchange for sweet fire rate and time-to-kill enhancement.

I'l give it a shot. I've gotten accustomed to Splattershot pros because the sub and special are outstanding but I just feel like everything else just has an advantage on me.

Jopoho
Feb 17, 2012

Reiley posted:

I wish you could join ranked with friends because holy moley its a crapshoot whether or not you make rank progress. You can consistently topscore and topfrag on both winning and losing teams and just end up on a streak of losing teams for how often half the lobby quits and gets replaced every time a match ends, so even if you were on a good team before you could end up on a string of fresh new bad ones.

Yeah, I get that statistically if you're doing the best you should rise, but of the last ten games I've been the top performer by a wide margin and lost nine. Statistics are little comfort when you're living in an instance.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jopoho posted:

Yeah, I get that statistically if you're doing the best you should rise, but of the last ten games I've been the top performer by a wide margin and lost nine. Statistics are little comfort when you're living in an instance.

It's the fifty-fifty-ninety rule. If it's fifty-fifty average odds of going either way, there's a ninety-percent chance you're about to get hosed over.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Chargers aren't bad at painting at all but people need to pick up their game if I keep outpainting them with one

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Strangely enough there's a few tracks that are grayed out that you can't listen to in the test.

Some people think that those are something like Splatfest tracks, so we haven't heard them yet. Makes sense to me.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The splatzone in the mall is just close enough to the various ledges that the Blaster is really very good at taking or defending. I've been consistently awful at ranked thus far except when I'm using the Blaster and when the mall is rotation.

I'm still bad enough at the mode that I lose in any other situation, meaning I'm still barely on the fringes of leaving C- hell.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

The splatzone in the mall is just close enough to the various ledges that the Blaster is really very good at taking or defending. I've been consistently awful at ranked thus far except when I'm using the Blaster and when the mall is rotation and also make it safer for you to enter enemy territory.

I'm still bad enough at the mode that I lose in any other situation, meaning I'm still barely on the fringes of leaving C- hell.

A Blaster tip: when people are outside your killing range and there's no safe way to get closer heave your bombs at them and ruin their day. Whichever kit you're using your grenade will stop them from safely advancing. Yours is one of the few guns that can't really attack and paint at the same time, so throwing a point sensor into uncharted waters will reveal ambushes before you start painting in.

Also: you get the most paint coverage when your shots burst in the air. If you hit a wall or the ground you get a higher-pitch splat but if it bursts correctly you get the booming splot. Wherever it bursts the paint will fall straight down so you can use this to safely claim many splat zones (try this from the high ground on underpass, or the tower on skate park!), and if you shoot in front of yourself without hitting a wall you make great swim channels to get to mid first during rollout.

Reiley fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jun 7, 2015

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

The first dozen or so times I tried splatzones my entire team would get destroyed and spawn trapped, but once I got put on a winning team I started to figure it out.
It's fun, but I think I still prefer turf war, if they had ranked turf war I'd probably play that. I think it's because I love using the seekers to get into the enemy's side of the map as fast as possible and constantly reclaiming their hard to reach areas.

I would use seekers as my primary if I could.

and here's splatoon recreated in minecraft:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG-asw9shvY

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

Chargers aren't bad at painting at all but people need to pick up their game if I keep outpainting them with one

If you're talking about teammates, then they're probably poo poo or over occupied with fighting and not tagging. If you meant enemies, I'd rather not get sniped to try and get a tad bit more paint.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I went to my friends house and he used motion controls and now I can't play without motion controls. YOU WIN ELITIST DICKBAGS

I do wish you could lock it for the horizontal axis though and just use it for up-down aiming. Would be perfect for me.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Dizz posted:

If you're talking about teammates, then they're probably poo poo or over occupied with fighting and not tagging. If you meant enemies, I'd rather not get sniped to try and get a tad bit more paint.

Nah I just had a streak of placing the highest on my own team whether I win or lose, which is hosed when I'm talking about rollers and Aerosprays.

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.

raditts posted:

I feel like ink mines work better in theory than they do in practice though, nobody ever stays in one spot for the 7 years the things take to explode.

The best way to use inkmines is offensively. Drop one and then get someone to chase you over it while youre shooting for a one two punch. It cant really hold a choke point on its own, but can really help in holding one.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
God drat. I just played some games against a level 20 using the custom blaster with two +damage things on clothing. That loving thing was splitting me with a single indirect hit.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Splitoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
That blaster is so powerful it splits you into two rather than turn you into ink. Surprised they got it past the censors.

• Locked thread