Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Is there a wind up to the World's ability? What's stopping Dio from screaming ZA WARUDO endlessly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
More frames of animation is not attributable to the 90s, it happened because they had the resources to make it happen.

There's an elegant solution: Get more resources to animate JoJo.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
6 episodes versus 48, it's as simple as that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

PiedPiper posted:

Is there a wind up to the World's ability? What's stopping Dio from screaming ZA WARUDO endlessly?

Cooldown time.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

PiedPiper posted:

Ask again when the season's over.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

PiedPiper posted:

Monologues.

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Take your pervert war elsewhere.

PiedPiper posted:

Being a fucker

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Cooldown time.
Or that.

Still the kind of question I'd think twice before asking in the home stretch of a series I'd rather not be spoiled for.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Bad Seafood posted:

Or that.

Still the kind of question I'd think twice before asking in the home stretch of a series I'd rather not be spoiled for.

It's fair to ask questions and not expect some doofus to jump in and answer it in an ongoing series thread.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

I just thought that maybe I missed the explanation. Abusing the stand's ability (especially when it can stop time) would have been the first thing I tried, hence why I asked the logic of that.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

DamnGlitch posted:

It's fair to ask questions and not expect some doofus to jump in and answer it in an ongoing series thread.
I guess it's just there have already been several fights in which discovering a stand's weakness has been key (for instance, that Vanilla Ice can't see out of Cream), so asking rather pointedly whether or not The World has a wind-up or some drawback might invite spoilers. Not that that's exactly what he was asking, but you know what I mean.

It's totally fair to ask open questions, I guess I'm just overly cautious. The manga thread doesn't exactly have a great track record for keeping to itself, so I was just trying to intervene preemptively. My bad.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

PiedPiper posted:

I just thought that maybe I missed the explanation. Abusing the stand's ability (especially when it can stop time) would have been the first thing I tried, hence why I asked the logic of that.

Well, if he kept chaining ZA WARUDO's ability nobody would have time to admire Jonathan'shis beautiful body and/or listen to his monologues. What's the point of winning unless you can look smug as gently caress while you're doing it?

Freakazoid_ posted:

Look at the way Iggy dies in the current show, it's very noble and intact. The OVA did him in pretty quick and to drive it home, Polnareff is holding onto Iggy's upper half as it goes limp in his hands. That's pretty brutal.

Leaving the whole question about more gore = better aside, how the hell is a little dog being kicked for minutes on end until he's basically a rag of skin and broken bones less brutal than killing him off pretty much instantly?

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Could I get the gif of Iggy slowly grinning and Poleneraff smacking him on the head? :C

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

PiedPiper posted:

DIO explains that when he first discovered the power it only lasted for "the blink of an eye" but it's been getting longer as he's healed and gotten more used to it and that eventually it will grow to be indefinite. That implies that he can't just keep screaming ZA WARUDO over and over and over to chain time stops, because if that were true it would already be indefinite.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Cerebral Bore posted:

Leaving the whole question about more gore = better aside, how the hell is a little dog being kicked for minutes on end until he's basically a rag of skin and broken bones less brutal than killing him off pretty much instantly?

Dying from blood loss after giving Vanilla Ice the dog equivalent of the finger and then saving Polnareff from certain death was at least a noble way to go. It gives his death meaning, whereas Iggy in the OVA was merely yamcha'd/krillened.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Last Train Home was a ridiculously good song pick for the ending. I hope everyone appreciates it now.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

littleorv posted:

Someone better with computers than I should try and get a high res shot of this so I can set it as the background on my computer.

Sorry for quoting something from like four pages ago but given the lack of high definition videos to pull a higher resolution version from, and the fact that I think these shots look loving awesome, I took matters into my own hands and did a quick vector trace of this for you!

The resolution is sliiightly weird because of how I had to crop the artwork but this version looks great on my monitor (1440x900) and if you want one for any other size, I'm happy to provide!

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Onmi posted:

Last Train Home was a ridiculously good song pick for the ending. I hope everyone appreciates it now.

It worked once and was undermined by the fact that the one time it worked was Polnareff's fake death.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Seagull posted:

It worked once and was undermined by the fact that the one time it worked was Polnareff's fake death.

I agree. Last Train Home is more melancholy than tragic. It worked great when it was Polnareff accepting his fate and dying against a stand that didn't seem unbeatable, just powerful, that won because Polnareff was injured early on. He had a lead up to consider everything and just was too beaten and broken to save himself, and accepted it and was at peace. It fits the tone of "goodbye, this is the end of me." What it doesn't fit is the current situation, where an unstoppable powerhouse that seems completely impossible to defeat goes from being trapped to killing Kakyouin in literally zero seconds, and then throws a knife into Joseph's neck, taking out half the cast instantly and only seeming MORE powerful after his secret is revealed. These aren't slow ponderous deaths where the feeling is like "well we'll win in the end but I won't see it, I guess this is how it has to be" it's "oh poo poo oh poo poo he's suddenly dead and we're screwed." Melancholy REALLY doesn't fit the mood right now, and it definitely didn't through most of Egypt.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 7, 2015

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Faerie Fortune posted:

Sorry for quoting something from like four pages ago but given the lack of high definition videos to pull a higher resolution version from, and the fact that I think these shots look loving awesome, I took matters into my own hands and did a quick vector trace of this for you!

The resolution is sliiightly weird because of how I had to crop the artwork but this version looks great on my monitor (1440x900) and if you want one for any other size, I'm happy to provide!

You should timg that so everyone can see it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I agree. Last Train Home is more melancholy than tragic. It worked great when it was Polnareff accepting his fate and dying against a stand that didn't seem unbeatable, just powerful, that won because Polnareff was injured early on. He had a lead up to consider everything and just was too beaten and broken to save himself, and accepted it and was at peace. It fits the tone of "goodbye, this is the end of me." What it doesn't fit is the current situation, where an unstoppable powerhouse that seems completely impossible to defeat goes from being trapped to killing Kakyouin in literally zero seconds, and then throws a knife into Joseph's neck, taking out half the cast instantly and only seeming MORE powerful after his secret is revealed. These aren't slow ponderous deaths where the feeling is like "well we'll win in the end but I won't see it, I guess this is how it has to be" it's "oh poo poo oh poo poo he's suddenly dead and we're screwed." Melancholy REALLY doesn't fit the mood right now, and it definitely didn't through most of Egypt.

That's a pretty good point. It might've been better if Last Train Home was the ending of the last episode.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Yeah, not digging last train home. Walk Like an Egyptian was fun, and probably would have worked even better for the Egyptian ark. I for one am hoping they bring Roundabout back. It just works so well, especially when the intro started building tension as the episode ended.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I know the guy driving the senator's car is having a bad day but holy hell did he luck out relative to nearly everyone else who crossed paths with DIO

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

TheKingofSprings posted:

I know the guy driving the senator's car is having a bad day but holy hell did he luck out relative to nearly everyone else who crossed paths with DIO

I don't know, I'd rather eat stray cat or get my nose burned than having my arm messed like that.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

I don't know, I'd rather eat stray cat or get my nose burned than having my arm messed like that.

Those people also didn't even interact with DIO.

His other units of comparison have a hole in their stomach, a pierced throat, and thousands of shards of glass piercing them, respectively

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
What I really don't like about the ova after watching a little bit of it was how much of a dick Polanareff was. Wtf is up with that.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Surprisingly Dope posted:

What I really don't like about the ova after watching a little bit of it was how much of a dick Polanareff was. Wtf is up with that.

I haven't seen the OVA, but he's French, so that probably explains a lot. :v:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Surprisingly Dope posted:

In JoJo-verse even random passerbys are huge assholes for no reason.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

See: How those restaurant folk reacted to Joseph falling off and crawling upwards while all battered up.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
I mean like how mean he was to Avdol in Dio's mansion and stuff not to random people.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Kunster posted:

See: How those restaurant folk reacted to Joseph falling off and crawling upwards while all battered up.

Old man falls off roof, smashes into concrete ten feet away, begins writhing in agony. What do I do? Laugh and say that Santa must have come!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Faerie Fortune posted:

This is excellent, thanks.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Today/Yesterday (time zones) is/was Araki's 55th birthday! Or so he claims.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Waffleman_ posted:

Today/Yesterday (time zones) is/was Araki's 55th birthday! Or so he claims.

55 years since finding the stone mask???

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Sekkira posted:

Could I get the gif of Iggy slowly grinning and Poleneraff smacking him on the head? :C

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Imagine if DIO's stand had manifested not as something insane like Star Platinum with Time Stop Powers but instead he had ended up with one of the weird gimmick stands like Khnum or Bastet.

I don't even think DIO would want to use Khnum because it would mean modifying his perfect features.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Or Thoth.

"I, DIO's Stand can predict the future with 100% accuracy, Vanilla Ice!"

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

DIO using his charisma to try to get people to touch the weird magical electrical outlet.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Dio with Thoth would be him trying to kill everyone and then losing because he didn't whistle Row Row Row Your Boat while giving Jotaro a noogie or something.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

littleorv posted:

This is excellent, thanks.

You're welcome! Since a buddy asked me for it in a bigger resolution, here it is in 2560x1440 huge-o-vision for anyone else who might want it!

• Locked thread