Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jostiband
May 7, 2007

littleorv posted:

I'll watch Rebellion one day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Rebellion made some decisions that most people would immediately peg as Not Something You Should Ever Do but they play it out in an interesting way and the ending is...well it was definitely a thing. I like the idea of following it up with something but in its own way it's just perfect :allears:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You could watch Rebellion, or you could watch the 20th episode of the most moe anime of all time, which just dropped on the 5th.

https://youtu.be/oSzYliSASKc

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have trouble thinking of anyone who could call Rebellion moe with a straight face.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Rodyle posted:

You could watch Rebellion, or you could watch the 20th episode of the most moe anime of all time, which just dropped on the 5th.

https://youtu.be/oSzYliSASKc

<This is a carry strap, not a testicle

ty game for clarifying

(also, for a second i thought the guy who made the game was indicted for stealing bitcoins from the dea)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 46 minutes!

littleorv posted:

I'll watch Rebellion one day

I......believe you.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

can someone pls make a general mecha anime thread so i know which are the best mecha anime thanks because i haven't watched many ok bye

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Japan Trip Status:

I went to a Japanese cookie factory/tour place and holy poo poo do they go all out on that poo poo.

I've visited a nice park and the biggest shrine in Sapporo as well. I went to Hakodate as well, I picked up a shirt that has a pun based off a Japanese song but I thought kind of worked in English as well. It's gotten some good reactions.

I also watched "When Marnie Was There" with my host mom and my host dad loved that I saw The Hidden Fortress and bought Ran because those are his favourite movies. I also was asked if I watched/read Space Brothers by a university student and she was ecstatic when I said I did. when she said I had a familiar name I said "Brian Jay?" and she loving loved it and gave a little cheer.

Good times.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

krampster2 posted:

can someone pls make a general mecha anime thread so i know which are the best mecha anime thanks because i haven't watched many ok bye

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3378881

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

wow you made that quick, thanks!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

krampster2 posted:

wow you made that quick, thanks!

Sorry, I should have made it more clear that this is an older thread. I didn't make it, nor did I intend to take credit for it.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

The Black Stones posted:

I also was asked if I watched/read Space Brothers by a university student and she was ecstatic when I said I did. when she said I had a familiar name I said "Brian Jay?" and she loving loved it and gave a little cheer.

Congratulations on your new waifu.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

chumbler posted:

Namtab post the GJ-bu hair brushing gifs I know you have them.

I did this yesterday

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

The_Frag_Man posted:

Congratulations on your new waifu.

If only that were true.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

needs his own anime.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

littleorv posted:

Not really the right thread to ask this question but I'm lazy. Does anyone have any recommendations for good third party software that I can download onto my laptop to play blurays? My drive can play blurays I just don't have software to play them with. I want to watch my amines in glorious 1080p and my tv is only 720p.
Because of the Blu-ray standard's draconian HDCP actually watching BDs on a PC is an enormous chore; you're pretty much forced to watch it in some software you have to buy. I believe the two main players were PowerDVD and Arcsoft TotalMedia. Even then both of those gave me huge stuttering problems.

Or you could try something that removes the copy protection altogether like AnyDVD HD and use something like the aforementioned MPC; this seems to work the best without any stuttering for me. The problem here is that AnyDVD works by white listing BDs, so every time a new one comes out you have to download an update. But even if you buy the software, unless you spring for the lifetime updates tier (currently $132) you will eventually have to buy it again.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Nate RFB posted:

Because of the Blu-ray standard's draconian HDCP actually watching BDs on a PC is an enormous chore; you're pretty much forced to watch it in some software you have to buy. I believe the two main players were PowerDVD and Arcsoft TotalMedia. Even then both of those gave me huge stuttering problems.

Or you could try something that removes the copy protection altogether like AnyDVD HD and use something like the aforementioned MPC; this seems to work the best without any stuttering for me. The problem here is that AnyDVD works by white listing BDs, so every time a new one comes out you have to download an update. But even if you buy the software, unless you spring for the lifetime updates tier (currently $132) you will eventually have to buy it again.

jfc

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I read all of the Toonami thread and now I have the strangest urge to watch SAO 2.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Ouran Host Club is really good, I shoulda watched this ages ago.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I read all of the Toonami thread and now I have the strangest urge to watch SAO 2.
it's actually kind of enjoyable - kirito is written a decent bit better and they make an attempt to flesh him out, even - though there are some random lulls where they sit in a cave and talk about the villain's plans for the whole episode

also it owns because the bad guy is a mysterious dude in a mask with an alias and he says he was in aincrad with kirito and kirito instantly flashes back to literally everyone he ever saw in the first season, starts thinking about 'okay who could hold a grudge against me,' and then like an episode later they just tell you who he is

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i am a sword art online apologist, ask me anything

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is the ost good Kajiura or boring Kajiura?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Is it true that there's NTR in SAO?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Creepy dude tries to marry Asuna while she's in a coma, but obviously our saviour Kirito rescues her, so not really.
Unless there's more of that stuff in 2.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

krampster2 posted:

It's Patlabor, hth.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Is the ost good Kajiura or boring Kajiura?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga3vUYdBY2A

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also there's an uncomfortable scene with shino in SAO 2 but then shino beats the guy over the head with a radio so i can appreciate that

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Was kinda sad when Ponzu didn't pass the hunter exam so I decided to check online to see if she ever comes back.

:sigh:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Was kinda sad when Ponzu didn't pass the hunter exam so I decided to check online to see if she ever comes back.

rip

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Up to episode twelve of Xam'd now and so far Ragyo's version has appeared far more often than the protagonist's, which still hasn't made a full appearance since the first episode. The big fight in episode 11 was pretty cool though.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

i just looked up what happened to her too despite having never watched hunter x hunter and that description of what happened to her probably turned me off the show forever

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Budget Prefuse posted:

i just looked up what happened to her too despite having never watched hunter x hunter and that description of what happened to her probably turned me off the show forever

You can't say that and not give us a link or somethin'

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The_Frag_Man posted:

You can't say that and not give us a link or somethin'

I looked it up and she gets brutally murdered and eaten. The main characters find shreds of her clothes and a bigass blood pool on the ground.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I looked it up and she gets brutally murdered and eaten. The main characters find shreds of her clothes and a bigass blood pool on the ground.

I'm still mad about that.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i thouhjt hunter x hunter was a show for little kids lol

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Togashi's action series have always been hosed up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why would it turn you off the show? a character died in a shonen show. that happens plenty.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

It's shounen so it's in the same demographic as Fist of the Northstar was.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Davincie posted:

That last arc was dark as heck.

• Locked thread