Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

blowfish posted:

i, too, enjoy watching a video game space tribe that also somehow got monetised (lol) eat itself over entirely avoidable drama because talking to people is hard

you can't make this poo poo up

this drama is about as relevant to the health of goonfleetwaffeplatoon as me calling quebber a dumb pooplord for whatever he said last in EG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

this drama is about as relevant to the health of goonfleetwaffeplatoon as me calling quebber a dumb pooplord for whatever he said last in EG

post collapse panicked flight strategic retreat to syndicate is imminent

brb autopiloting all my ships to the east for insurance fraud purposes :wom:

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

blowfish posted:

i, too, enjoy watching a video game space tribe that also somehow got monetised (lol) eat itself over entirely avoidable drama because talking to people is hard

you can't make this poo poo up
if you really think that directors get chosen for their people skills instead of for being the worst autists in the alliance i don't know what to tell you

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Bonfire Lit posted:

if you really think that directors get chosen for their people skills instead of for being the worst autists in the alliance i don't know what to tell you

if you really typed a serious answer here i don't know what to tell you

also those autists seem to be really bad at minmaxing people interactions :iamafag:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

blowfish posted:

also those autists seem to be really bad at minmaxing people interactions :iamafag:

i do

I'd advise you to think very carefully in future before making statements like this in a public forum

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

i do

I'd advise you to think very carefully in future before making statements like this in a public forum

oh poo poo time to evac ~MyRattingHel~

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

blowfish posted:

yes my entirely serious answer is "mittens looks at who is the least capable of socializing and promotes them"

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

let's run this poo poo in to the ground boys

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

causticBeet posted:

let's run this poo poo in to the ground boys

Workin on it

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I think I'm gonna take this as a cue to start a new XCOM game and name the soldiers after the spergs ITT. I'll keep yall posted.

edit: is there a giant :goonsay: lying around somewhere, this thread deserves it.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jun 7, 2015

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Viva Miriya posted:

I think I'm gonna take this as a cue to start a new XCOM game and name the soldiers after the spergs ITT. I'll keep yall posted.

What are you, some kind of filthy casual? Do it in Dwarf Fortress and post a detailed LP of it.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Remember. If its funny once, it will be funny ~every single time~.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Mr Crustacean posted:

There are legitimate points that people are making against these decisions, please don't portray them as people conducting rebellion and insurrection.
If you'd have explained your reasoning behind why you did that you'd get a lot less criticism.
Don't complain about people not understanding why you've done things and the drama that's kicked up when you're the one who has chosen to not tell why it happened.
And if you can't handle the mild heat when people criticise the stupid poo poo you pull with no warning then maybe you shouldn't have done the stupid boo boo in the first place.

Just because you can do things without telling people, doesn't mean you should. It's not the the best way to do things. It's poo poo management skills.

If you're not confident explaining why you're do things a certain way then either take the time to formulate a coherent answer or reconsider your actions cause it's a poo poo idea.

Seriously, if you'd spent 10 minutes and made some short platitude filled post about numbers and how things aren't working out because there's friction between the corp interests of BOS as small gang peeps and the alliance as then given them a weeks notice to mosey on out, there would have been soooo much less drama.
If you'd decided not to go full space tyranical and to pull services overnight and to kick them out within a week with no warning to those line members. As well as indulging in autistic glee to tell people to 'gently caress OFF :commissar: ' afterwards.

Can you honestly see how that might be seen badly. Because if you can't you're either deliberately obtuse or you have no business working with people.

Look, I say this again.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718615&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=89#post446245135

If you can't do that then you really need to take a step back and pause before you do dumb, completely avoidable poo poo like this.

:goatse:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I'm incredibly upset right now

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nietzschean posted:

:words: from a :sperg:

shut up

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
As an old forum member but a newbee this has been fascinating. I don't really understand everything but it is like admins secretly renamed MMO HMO and E/N.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Nietzschean posted:

What are you, some kind of filthy casual? Do it in Dwarf Fortress and post a detailed LP of it.

That crap needs to get with the times and have a decent tile set.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jassi007 posted:

As an old forum member but a newbee this has been fascinating. I don't really understand everything but it is like admins secretly renamed MMO HMO and E/N.

To recap: corporations are like guilds, alliances are groups of corporations, and coalitions are groups of alliances. One of the member corporations in the most populous goon alliance was removed for not passing muster, and there is some blowback in this thread because of it. In a week no one will care.

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Join Freestyle Cyclists and help repeal Australia's unjustified Helmet laws.

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.

jassi007 posted:

Spaceships are serious business. Ironically . unironically. goon.txt.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azuth0667 posted:

That crap needs to get with the times and have a decent tile set.

Use a custom tileset! I enjoy both Phoebus and SpaceFox, which use graphics replacements sufficient that you can tell a barrel is a barrel by looking at it, that a door is a door, and so on.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

please suckstart a loaded shotgun tia

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Viva Miriya posted:

edit: is there a giant :goonsay: lying around somewhere, this thread deserves it.

goon hero right here

give this man a space job

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Nietzschean posted:

To recap: corporations are like guilds, alliances are groups of corporations, and coalitions are groups of alliances. One of the member corporations in the most populous goon alliance was removed for not passing muster, and there is some blowback in this thread because of it. In a week no one will care.

Right. I find the back and forth reasoning to be interesting. The alliance doesn't care about wormhole squad, wormhole squad didn't participate because they weren't blue anyway, we don't need you anyway, etc. then BOS i'm not as clear on why they didn't participate, but then someone jumps in to complain that nobody was doing anything anyway because everyone is jerking off or playing that Zombie game and you should have talked to first. It really does sound like an E/N breakup thread. Baby why'd you leave me! I can change! You ignored me for WoW and now its to late, I never loved you anyway!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jassi007 posted:

Right. I find the back and forth reasoning to be interesting. The alliance doesn't care about wormhole squad, wormhole squad didn't participate because they weren't blue anyway, we don't need you anyway, etc. then BOS i'm not as clear on why they didn't participate, but then someone jumps in to complain that nobody was doing anything anyway because everyone is jerking off or playing that Zombie game and you should have talked to first. It really does sound like an E/N breakup thread. Baby why'd you leave me! I can change! You ignored me for WoW and now its to late, I never loved you anyway!

It really is p much this. I mean, an in-depth writeup deciphering the names and jargon would not lead you to anything more than this tbh. I'm sure that won't stop someone from coming in to do just that so that they can flaunt their pseudo-intellectual knowledge of :techno: :words:.

e: ps, dozer have we literally ever interacted prior to you deciding to come at me itt? you make it sound like I kicked your dog or something with all that anger.

Addamere fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jun 7, 2015

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:tears:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

blowfish posted:

oh hey there's 150 new posts in the Eve thread what happened... :cripes:

kkkommunikating is hard :dramabomb:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718298.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:10bux:

(i actually have no idea about new rules threads in games since i just bookmarked the eve thread :v:)

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Nietzschean posted:

Use a custom tileset! I enjoy both Phoebus and SpaceFox, which use graphics replacements sufficient that you can tell a barrel is a barrel by looking at it, that a door is a door, and so on.

Those suck rear end I'm not dealing with any more ~retro~ graphics.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

blowfish posted:

:10bux:

(i actually have no idea about new rules threads in games since i just bookmarked the eve thread :v:)

You should go back and edit the post now, Kewpuh hands out 3 day probations for that

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Eonwe posted:

You should go back and edit the post now, Kewpuh hands out 3 day probations for that

well at least it would be a probation for actual reasons besides trolling d&d too hard

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azuth0667 posted:

Those suck rear end I'm not dealing with any more ~retro~ graphics.

I honestly don't know what to tell you, then. The game as it exists, with an ASCII-based tileset, already lags the everliving hell out of modern machines once you get above 100 dwarves or so due to all the things that it calculates. I can only imagine how much of an unplayable slog it would be if it was also processing anything resembling modern graphics. I also have no idea what else one might play along the same lines which does offer reasonable graphics. It's a very niche game, and I can understand you not liking it for any number of reasons.

Back on the topic of EVE Online, I just read in a thread on goonfleet forums that clone costs were removed? That's an amazing change. When did it happen?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Nietzschean posted:

Back on the topic of EVE Online, I just read in a thread on goonfleet forums that clone costs were removed? That's an amazing change. When did it happen?

Shortly after you left, actually. It's been pretty dope. The only way AFAIK to lose SP anymore is with T3 strategic cruisers.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Viva Miriya posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/mandozerthegreat

and we are on

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 7, 2015

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
(9:22:30 AM) directorbot: Good Morning. In today's communication from GRAND OFFICER OF A DISCONNECTED DIRECTORATE, I am pleased to inform you that reimbursement is restored for Fountain and Cloud Ring. Syndicate and Outer Ring are still on time-out for now.

Friends, if my gleeful hammering of the keyboard has irritated your friend James, please know that my door is always open. That's not to say I won't slam said door on your pee pee, but it's there. Talk to Atrum. I want to hear about your feelings.

~~~ This was a broadcast from atrum_veneficus to all at 2015-06-07 14:22:28.866648 EVE ~~~

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

well that was fast

now autopiloting my ships in a circle in fountain instead of to the east for insurance fraud purposes

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

andromache posted:

(9:22:30 AM) directorbot: Good Morning. In today's communication from GRAND OFFICER OF A DISCONNECTED DIRECTORATE, I am pleased to inform you that reimbursement is restored for Fountain and Cloud Ring. Syndicate and Outer Ring are still on time-out for now.

Friends, if my gleeful hammering of the keyboard has irritated your friend James, please know that my door is always open. That's not to say I won't slam said door on your pee pee, but it's there. Talk to Atrum. I want to hear about your feelings.

~~~ This was a broadcast from atrum_veneficus to all at 2015-06-07 14:22:28.866648 EVE ~~~

Directorate caving to outside pressure obviously.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

#FullSpaceDemocracyNow

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Imagine feeling so space important you want to be a part of an invisible bureaucracy that doesn't really communicate to the people you play with

Eve directors are legit broken sad people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

andromache posted:

I wish you both luck in the Xenonauts first crash site mission.

• Locked thread