Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

bpower posted:

Consistently hitting the easy shots is the hardest and most important thing with the awp.

I feel like my 144hz helps me a lot when it comes to holding straight angles with the awp, but this is definitely true. At this point i'm far from being consistent but I've had decent results holding a line on the easier spots like inf top banana and mirage mid, where it mostly seems to be a matter of reaction time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Smol posted:

Too bad smurfing is the only way to make MM enjoyable if want to play with a 5 stack of players of varying skill levels.

you could also take mm to the global level

experience the pain and joys of russians as every second word is blyat, play with real animes and comm in broken english, see how your double ak compares to an australian one

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Xenaero posted:

At work today I saw a guy with a TSM Kinguin hoodie. It's super weird seeing CS in real life.

So naturally you doffed your fedora and bid him 'good day'? :allears:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Got me thinking, since overwatch is only 16 ticks, it's almost surprising that there aren't more false positives at that level for people who consistently get fast reaction shots. Since I had the clips lying around, I threw together the last two clips I uploaded and made a quick comparison video of 64 tick shadowplay vs 16 tick replays, and the difference is pretty big. For more ridiculous shots I can understand how some people could be fast to condemn someone in an overwatch when they have 48 less ticks to judge by.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGe5WTgBG0I

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Navi are a good team and I love that they are garbage right up until the game becomes almost unwinnable :allears:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Na'vi executes are so enjoyable to watch. Such killer rounds on overpass.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Got me thinking, since overwatch is only 16 ticks, it's almost surprising that there aren't more false positives at that level for people who consistently get fast reaction shots. Since I had the clips lying around, I threw together the last two clips I uploaded and made a quick comparison video of 64 tick shadowplay vs 16 tick replays, and the difference is pretty big. For more ridiculous shots I can understand how some people could be fast to condemn someone in an overwatch when they have 48 less ticks to judge by.

I think it's to do with whatever margins Valve use. For every person who condemns on almost no evidence, there are plenty of others who give the benefit of the doubt far beyond most normal people. The more people you send clips out to, the more likely you are to minimise false positives.

I guess really the only people who get false positives are people who are just serious outliers in terms of normal play, like ScreaM, or that guy who played scout only for like 2 years.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
Solo qued into a Canadian filled MM. I myswell of been playing on a different planet, but by the end I was having a great time.

Highlights included someone who never bought for anyone and when asked would throw an mp7 to someone else. A save on the last round of the first half because it was a hyperbeast AWP and it wasn't worth risking losing it. Surfing on the "slide" in Cobblestone instead of planting the bomb. The entire team stacked in the bathrooms etc.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
I wish adblock would filter out Anders saying godlike and beastmode

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

Is there a way to feature an image in your profile?

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

I feel like ScreaM tries pretty hard to look like a cheater. He spends hours practicing flicking between two headshots.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
lol wtf was that on fragbite?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
This TSM-Fnatic series is a good reminder that now is a very good time to be a pro CS fan. All the top teams are so good, really every tournament can be a coinflip.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Dork457 posted:

Not a great shot because I was dead. But this was kind of freaky.

I've seen some pretty bizarre deaths in this game and haven't F5'd them all.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Thom and the Heads posted:

This TSM-Fnatic series is a good reminder that now is a very good time to be a pro CS fan. All the top teams are so good, really every tournament can be a coinflip.

Device vs Fnatic

http://gfycat.com/ScaredDarkGelada

He's okay

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Fnatic throwing away rounds left and right

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
I was going to say something about Olof's surgery being the death of Fnatic and he aces :angel:

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Bohemian Nights posted:

I mostly feel like overwatch is best for finding wall hackers. Trigger/aim bots can be harder to distinguish from a skilled player, though there are some tells (perfectly straight smooth flicks, lots of shots through cover on shoulder peeking players, etc.) Wall hackers display some pretty obvious tendencies often times, like never checking corners unless a player is there.

I am actually concerned that the new LOS checking will make wallers harder to detect. You'll get less obvious wall following, and it'll kinda look like just insane reactions. I don't know. I try to maintain a strong innocent bias when overwatching.

On the other hand I recently got a case with a stupidly obvious spinbotter. He was staring at the ground the whole match, but headshotting enemies constantly. The flick back and forth was so fast that the 16 tick demo caught movement maybe 1/5th of the time.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Say hello to the new #1 team in the world, TSM!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Smol posted:

Ehhh

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Smol posted:

TSM have been my favourite team for a long time, but I don't think they are number one yet. They certainly seem to have fnatic's number more often than not, but I don't think they yet have the across the board consistency of fnatic against all the other top teams. Winning the next major would cement it, I'd say.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

isn't TSM basically ex-Dignitas? how did they make the leap from consistent quarterfinalists to title contenders?

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
They started winning games against good teams

They booted Fetish for Karrigan as igl

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Antares posted:

isn't TSM basically ex-Dignitas? how did they make the leap from consistent quarterfinalists to title contenders?

maybe TSM the organization started feeding them PEDs

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
welp back to LE

Kinda figured that'd happen when I mm'd with goons on zoo

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 8, 2015

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Leaked footage of TSM's steroid program:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Jesus this assault hostage pickup mission is flat out impossible to finish in a short length of time.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Xenaero posted:

Jesus this assault hostage pickup mission is flat out impossible to finish in a short length of time.
I gave up my hope for life when I saw the scope of some of these missions.

"Get 100 kills, each with a unique weapon."
"Earn $1,000,000 in Bloodhound Casual."
"Get 300 chicken kills or some poo poo. I dunno, we wrote these missions about 30 minutes before the operation came out."

:shepicide:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

UltraVariant posted:

I gave up my hope for life when I saw the scope of some of these missions.

"Get 100 kills, each with a unique weapon."
"Earn $1,000,000 in Bloodhound Casual."
"Get 300 chicken kills or some poo poo. I dunno, we wrote these missions about 30 minutes before the operation came out."

:shepicide:

Is there any point to doing these missions? Are there hidden weapon drops you get or something? Because gently caress that poo poo.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

Is there any point to doing these missions? Are there hidden weapon drops you get or something? Because gently caress that poo poo.
I feel like Valve should have made it that green missions gave only EXP, yellow gave cobble/overpass/cache drops along with EXP, and red gave the aforementioned three collections as well as the new three ones plus EXP. That would give incentive to doing the harder missions while also being balanced.

Instead they have "hurr hurr one drop a week no matter wat u do lol" with the incentive of...leveling up? I guess? :shepface:

symbolic fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 8, 2015

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
You get a shiny coin.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pookum posted:

You get a shiny coin.
What a good way to spend $7.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Glad this is the one operation I skipped

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
samesies

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I made my money back on the operation by getting a falchion case drop an hour after it began, so I can't really complain. I just want my shiny gold coin now.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Xenaero posted:

Any mission that wasn't a gimmick like "get 60 deagle kills" should have been allowed in either casual or competitive. I can understand keeping the gimmicks out of comp because nobody wants to play with the guy who's exclusively using deagle, but when the goal is "do the thing you're supposed to do," there's no reason to restrict people to playing casual.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

MrSmokes posted:

I made my money back on the operation by getting a falchion case drop an hour after it began, so I can't really complain. I just want my shiny gold coin now.

You only sort of earn your money back. All of the money stays inside the valve system and slowly gets eaten by gabe tax.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Turns out I managed to find a server where everyone was working together. CTs would suicide when getting the hostage outside so everyone would take turns picking it up. Pretty funny that people actually will work together on both teams for a silly mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
They got rid of the TMP?!

Half of my university experience was TMP + Deagle on CS office. This is a travisty.

• Locked thread