Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

She sure struck while her particular iron was hot.

That particular iron was hot throughout the '90s by the looks of IMDB. She only started petering off in the 2000s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Young Freud posted:

That particular iron was hot throughout the '90s by the looks of IMDB. She only started petering off in the 2000s.

I love it that she thought nothing of being in Repossessed.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
In Savage Island, Linda Blair puts a bullet in Penn Jillette's forehead.

It's on Amazon Prime if you want to check it out.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

With that full acting plate I don't know how she found time to do an instructional video about potentially criminal vengeance.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I love it that she thought nothing of being in Repossessed.

Much as that movie was like discount Zucker, she was pretty good in a comedic part.

Is it too early to wonder if the Assassin's Creed movie will have female main characters? I hear that's pretty complicated.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The AC movie is supposed to star Michael Fassbender.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

The AC movie is supposed to star Michael Fassbender.

This rumor is from over a year ago, and nothing has been said of it since then.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

TheJoker138 posted:

This rumor is from over a year ago, and nothing has been said of it since then.

Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard are both staring with the director of the new Macbeth directing.

http://collider.com/assassins-creed-movie-poster-takes-flight/

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

GonSmithe posted:

Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard are both staring with the director of the new Macbeth directing.

You could have the ghost of Orson Welles making this movie with a resurrected Marlon Brando in his prime, and it would still be a piece of loving horse poo poo because Assassin's Creed is poo poo tier sci-fi jerk off gobbledygook. No one gives a gently caress about the story in those games except Ubisoft. The characters are super memorable and interesting at least. I mean like, there's "hood guy," and "modern guy," and "Kristen Bell" who I'm guessing is going to be played by Marion Cotillard. Oh and "other hood guy." Can't forget about him.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Imagine your average cape and sword movie, with an added layer of poo poo sci-fi exposition.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I don't get that adaptation at all. The defining aspect of the game is the memory machine conceit and that only exists to explain away the limitations of a semi-linear game.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

I wonder if this will end up like Sphere and Wag the Dog.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sir Kodiak posted:

I don't get that adaptation at all. The defining aspect of the game is the memory machine conceit and that only exists to explain away the limitations of a semi-linear game.

I can see it go two ways, do a lot of the past and little present or vice versa. I doubt it will be equal amounts.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Sir Kodiak posted:

The Memory Machine stuff is fine to me, to be honest, but then there's the other sci-fi poo poo that the games have gone down.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

As a frequent player of Assassin's Creed games, I don't give a poo poo about the plot (at least not AC2 onwards), especially not the real world stuff, and it usually just gets in the way of the gameplay. (The gameplay has gotten progressively samey and dull over time so I haven't played the new games.) Surely I'm supposed to be target demo for this movie and I have zero interest in it.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

TheJoker138 posted:

You could have the ghost of Orson Welles making this movie with a resurrected Marlon Brando in his prime, and it would still be a piece of loving horse poo poo because Assassin's Creed is poo poo tier sci-fi jerk off gobbledygook. No one gives a gently caress about the story in those games except Ubisoft. The characters are super memorable and interesting at least. I mean like, there's "hood guy," and "modern guy," and "Kristen Bell" who I'm guessing is going to be played by Marion Cotillard. Oh and "other hood guy." Can't forget about him.

Well as someone who has to date played all of them...I couldn't even tell you what the story is. It seemed to wrap up with 3 and they've gone off on a huge digression since then. I mean, Kirsten Bell gets offed in the second one so there's that. And Ezio is actually a charming character, which is why Ubi went back to the well multiple times, but I feel like that's more in the performance than anything else. All the recent stuff as been this weird meta thing where you work for an evil company that's making Assassin's Creed games. Who knows what the movie is even going to try and do, aside from some sweet parkour.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Vagabundo posted:

I wonder if this will end up like Sphere and Wag the Dog.

What do you mean by that?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

effectual posted:

What do you mean by that?

Probably "bad" but then I liked The Sphere.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

davidspackage posted:

Much as that movie was like discount Zucker, she was pretty good in a comedic part.

Is it too early to wonder if the Assassin's Creed movie will have female main characters? I hear that's pretty complicated.

She's the best part of the movie, all apologies to Leslie Nielsen.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TheJoker138 posted:

You could have the ghost of Orson Welles making this movie with a resurrected Marlon Brando in his prime, and it would still be a piece of loving horse poo poo because Assassin's Creed is poo poo tier sci-fi jerk off gobbledygook.

Despite my dislike of the games, I think you are stupid and wrong here.

Also why is Welles a ghost but Brando brought back to life?

God drat your post is the real poo poo tier sci-fi jerk off gobbledygook.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

mr.capps posted:

A ghost can definitely write, and probably direct, but you'd have trouble getting one to act.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
That isn't the issue I have with the scenario!!!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

mr.capps posted:

That isn't the issue I have with the scenario!!!

Yes, the least plausible part of there ever being a good Assassin's Creed movie is that there would be a ghost Orson Welles AND an undead Marlon Brando.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

mr.capps posted:

You'll have to see Assassin's Creed to find out. In theaters 12-21-16.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Yes, the least plausible part of there ever being a good Assassin's Creed movie is that there would be a ghost Orson Welles AND an undead Marlon Brando.

He isn't undead, he is resurrected from his prime which suggests he isn't a zombie or a lich.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I mean ignoring that, I still believe ghost Orson Welles and clone(???) Brando would make a good, maybe even great, Assassin's Creed movie if that was the simple scenario. Now it would be possible that the movie would be bad, but I think that would not come out of it from the film simply being an Assassin Creed product, but other complications. Maybe for example, Ghost Welles will be jealous that Brando for some arbitrary reason is brought back to life. Or maybe filming is halted when the United States Government launches an investigation in these strange paranormal affairs which gives the film a trouble production.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So wait would resurrected clone Brando be young, sexy Streetcar Named Desire Brando? Or are we talking matured Godfather Brando? Or is he resurrected as he was when he died 'cos there'd have to be a rewrite then.

I mean these questions have to be answered before we can even start to speculate.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

If the movie focuses on Assassins vs Templars in the Crusader Holy Land, I'll be interested. If it's Future Dipshit searching for Ancient Aliens Artifacts, not so much.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

TheJoker138 posted:

I wasn't saying it was going to be good, I was saying it's very much confirmed Fassbender is in it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

And I'm saying that even if he is still in it, it's still going to suck.

Also Brando needs to be resurrected because ghosts interfere with camera equipment and don't show up properly, so it's the only way to get him to properly be in it. It's like you don't even know anything about ghosts in here.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'll probably watch it anyway just because Fassbender is pretty and charismatic.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
To AC's credit, the past stuff basically only hasn't owned once (AC3). It's just the future stuff nobody gives a poo poo about.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

LORD OF BUTT posted:

To AC's credit, the past stuff basically only hasn't owned once (AC3). It's just the future stuff nobody gives a poo poo about.

Even the past stuff is usually boring and ruined by the future poo poo. I don't care about the assassins and the templars and their fight over some universe artifact left by ancient aliens. Also you're forgetting that AC1 and AC: U both exist. Those weren't even passable by the low bar the other AC games have set storywise.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
AC1 was fine, though? The past plot was pretty much just "growly Arab man tears rear end through the Holy Land shanking bad dudes," which is not like terribly deep or anything but would work fine as an action movie plot. I can't speak for Unity, because I've never touched it.

And again, you can literally ignore the future plot. The games actually do a really good job of letting you not pay attention to Desmond's plot if you don't care, it never affects anything in the past and the past rarely even affects it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It'll probably be on par with the Prince of Persia movie and promptly forgotten about just as fast.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm just hopeful because the AC games aren't targeted at kids to any extent and Disney isn't doing it. Even if it's not great, I'll never turn down a fun, bloody period action movie (see also: Flesh + Blood, Ironclad, Centurion).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Which is probably the best-case scenario. Prince of Persia was pretty okay, even if I remember nothing about it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

MikeJF posted:

So wait would resurrected clone Brando be young, sexy Streetcar Named Desire Brando? Or are we talking matured Godfather Brando? Or is he resurrected as he was when he died 'cos there'd have to be a rewrite then.

I mean these questions have to be answered before we can even start to speculate.

Brando was only like 46 when the Godfather was made. He had to wear a shitload of makeup and prosthetics to look older.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Assassins creed black flag owned until they worked in the sci-fi poo poo and then it took me forever to care enough to play past it so I could get back to cool pirate adventures.

Ubisoft is loving awful at making Assassins Creed games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

As someone who has never played any of them is there even any need for a framing device? Doesn't it just cheapen it?