Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Aw man why didn't he summon Susanowo at the end? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hahahaha, the Kaiba AI loving runs Vampire Lord. Love the attention to detail they put into these decks. :allears:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

For Lose 1 Turn, is there any reason to run a full set of three instead of just two besides Nekroz matchups? Or is the card really that helpful against the other decks in the Meta.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's an insanely good deck against the meta, running two should be fine, but if you want maximum consistency you run 3.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Densetsu no Fisherman Sansei / The Legendary Fisherman III
Water Warrior / Special Summon / Effect
LV7 2500/2000
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 1 “The Legendary Fisherman” and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) When this card is Special Summoned: You can banish all monsters your opponent controls. This card cannot attack during this turn. (2) Cannot be destroyed by battle or effect, and is unaffected by Spell/Trap Effects. (3) Once per turn: You can return as many of your opponent’s banished cards to the Graveyard as possible, and if you do, one time for the rest of this turn, double the battle or effect damage your opponent would take.

http://ygorganization.com/3timesthefreakyfishguy/

Holy poo poo :stare:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well
Well well well

They actually made it, wow.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

So, uh...you're supposed to bounce it with card effects, I guess?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

Or you just Shark it which seems like a weird thing to leave out for a "legendary fisherman". Castel is an option too, cards staying power is really low against most decks which I guess is lucky since the effect is monstrous.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Slur posted:

You can still tribute or banish it, I think.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

everythingWasBees posted:

You can still tribute or banish it, I think.

Bounce, tribute and non-destroying banish.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It can be 101'd.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I can't get over how the biggest weakness of the Shark-riding Legendary Fisherman is a shark.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

God drat. That card is insane.

Bouncable, but insane.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So here's my terrible attempt at making a Superheavy Samurai deck after looking stuff up and watchmaking a few youtube videos.

Played a few matches with a friend who's as bad as I am and it seemed to work alright. Any suggestions?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Or you just Shark it which seems like a weird thing to leave out for a "legendary fisherman". Castel is an option too, cards staying power is really low against most decks which I guess is lucky since the effect is monstrous.

Reminds me of Ahab and The White Whale.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Where is Legendary Fisherman II.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So here's my terrible attempt at making a Superheavy Samurai deck after looking stuff up and watchmaking a few youtube videos.

Played a few matches with a friend who's as bad as I am and it seemed to work alright. Any suggestions?

Have you considered adding Giant rat? Its effect is very usefull for summoning big benki. Also isn't the new superheavy samurai a themed mst? You may want to add a few of those as well.

Edit: I completely forgot about Soulbuster Gauntlet, being able to double the defense of big benki has won me so many duels.

Quincytbb fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 8, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

blackfeather.png

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Food or Smiles, how had we forgotten about that age-old philosophical dilemma to understanding human fulfilment...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Blaze Dragon posted:

blackfeather.png

It's be like five years and I still don't think I'm ready for more Crow.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 8, 2015

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I'm Ready For More Crow

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The best satisfaction for you! (It's literally what it says.)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like that Wheel of Fortune's acronym is HOF because of English words.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Crow is great. Last time he was a bad fanfic character that didn't fit the story at all. This time he's just "guy who buys groceries". I love it.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

Strange Quark posted:

The best satisfaction for you! (It's literally what it says.)

I'm gonna laugh if all we get of Jack is just him being on billboards the entire season and he never actually meets anyone.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I do not like what Reira said about orders, not one bit.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Quincytbb posted:

Have you considered adding Giant rat? Its effect is very usefull for summoning big benki. Also isn't the new superheavy samurai a themed mst? You may want to add a few of those as well.

Edit: I completely forgot about Soulbuster Gauntlet, being able to double the defense of big benki has won me so many duels.

Added a few Giant Rats to the deck along with moving a machina fortress to my side board, and it works out well when it does but most of the time the rat seems to die/get removed by effects rather than battle. Other than that they're a solid pick for the deck.

What's the name of the mst superheavy samurai? Looking through the list in the client I couldn't seem to find it.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Added a few Giant Rats to the deck along with moving a machina fortress to my side board, and it works out well when it does but most of the time the rat seems to die/get removed by effects rather than battle. Other than that they're a solid pick for the deck.

What's the name of the mst superheavy samurai? Looking through the list in the client I couldn't seem to find it.

Im sorry, I was under the impression that the card was added to YGOpro. Here it is for future reference, when it is added to the client you will probably want to add it. Also here's one last bit of advice, try running one or two of Tama-C, being able to tribute an opponents monster for a summon is pretty good.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Quincytbb posted:

Im sorry, I was under the impression that the card was added to YGOpro. Here it is for future reference, when it is added to the client you will probably want to add it. Also here's one last bit of advice, try running one or two of Tama-C, being able to tribute an opponents monster for a summon is pretty good.

I threw a 2 Tama-C's into my extra deck for now, they seem like they could come in handy. Thanks for the tips!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tama-C is the greatest. "Here let me turn your level 4 into Harpies Feather Duster."

I just wish the deck was a little faster. Soulpiercer's good but it's hard to reliably, quickly get it into your graveyard.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yeah honestly I'm thinking about dropping the number of Scales in my deck because I keep seeing them way too early to be any good except for when I get it along side Flute AND Trumpetter.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do not drop Scales, you should always run him at 3. He gets any Superheavy for level 4 or lower which makes for easy synchros and Xyzs. I'd say drop Warajis, a blue brawler, a trumpeter, and add Nusu-10 and Gigagloves. Those cards are too good not to run. You should also run some swordsman because the fact that he can just turn most of your opponents monsters into neutered effect monsters is too good especially if he has equip monsters that buff his defense so that means he's staying on the field until an effect happens then you just use soulfire suit and make them cry.

Also you should definitely run Battleball, the fact he can turns Level 4s and 8s into Ogre and Susanowo is too good.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

I do not like what Reira said about orders, not one bit.

To me. Reira'sinclusion into this whole "war" is frustrating enough but the orders thing was just...weird. It's like the only reason he's looking for Reiji is because he's completely useless without orders...

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

To me. Reira'sinclusion into this whole "war" is frustrating enough but the orders thing was just...weird. It's like the only reason he's looking for Reiji is because he's completely useless without orders...

Oh, was it Reira's turn to cuddle up to the idiot ball this episode? The only one who hasn't done it thus far is the ninja guy.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Slur posted:

Oh, was it Reira's turn to cuddle up to the idiot ball this episode? The only one who hasn't done it thus far is the ninja guy.

He didn't really do anything particularly stupid, it's more that the way he acts just screams CHILD ABUSE to me.

Am I weird for thinking that? I don't think I am, honestly. I could very generously believe that he was simply shy in first his appearances, but his "orders" line stopped that hypothesis dead on its tracks.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 9, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

paradoxGentleman posted:

He didn't really do anything particularly stupid, it's more that the way he acts just screams CHILD ABUSE to me.

Am I weird for thinking that? I don't think I am, honestly. I could very generously believe that he was simply shy in his appearances, but the his "orders" line stopped that hypothesis dead on its tracks.

Oh my god no. Before that I thought he had some problems but after the orders comment...

Basically any good will that Himika might've gotten from the whole Lancers announcement was lost in an instant there. Just how did she raise Reira for him to end up like this? At first I thought that she had just pressured him way too much to be a second Reiji, but that he refuses to take action without "orders" even for eating candy suggests far worse.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Or he's a rescue from fusion, before they could fully go through with the indoctrination.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Or he's a rescue from fusion, before they could fully go through with the indoctrination.

It's... possible. It doesn't really add up to his reaction to seeing Himika, but it is a possibility.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah there's something really unsettling cooking with Reira and I don't know what it is or who to blame but i'm blaming Reiji.

And I really, really love that. That and Food Vs Smiles are good build up starters for what i'm sure will be huge awesome climactic moments later on in the arc. For now tho i'm extremely interested in the whole prison bit that's coming up, it looks extremely interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Slur posted:

ninja guy is the best character