Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

old dog child posted:

I'd rather suck at defense so we don't have to give up a top ten next year...

Man there's a good chance the Lakers end up with the worst record in the league next year no matter who they draft.

Rick fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jun 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I know it stinks of "white guy should get drafted by Utah/Minnesota"-syndrome, but Kaminsky would be a great fit. Lyles too.

edit:

Wow gently caress yeah they do.
Gobert
Favors
Kaminsky/Lyles/Oubre/Whoever @ #12
Hayward
Hood
Exum
Burke
Burks

The Bucks, Jazz, and Sixers are going to be so fun to watch in a year or two.

I look at all these teams that have been as bad as the Kings the last 5 years yet have 2x the young talent and I shake my head in sadness

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I enjoy the different ways that Mudiay working out with the Timberwolves is being presented. Some stories are "WOLVES OPEN TO PICK HIM" (the ones his agent leaked probably) to "WOLVES PERSUADED TO INTERVIEW MUDIAY" which basically makes it sound like Larry Brown begged them to do the interview.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick posted:

I enjoy the different ways that Mudiay working out with the Timberwolves is being presented. Some stories are "WOLVES OPEN TO PICK HIM" (the ones his agent leaked probably) to "WOLVES PERSUADED TO INTERVIEW MUDIAY" which basically makes it sound like Larry Brown begged them to do the interview.

Wolfson seems to think that they might be looking to swing a trade with Sacramento if he falls to six.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Whoever drafts this guy, he should be fired

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

Wolfson seems to think that they might be looking to swing a trade with Sacramento if he falls to six.

Probably an assumption on his part because Sacramento apparently of always trying to trade their pick despite envy evidence to the contrary. Don't see what Minny can offer. Pek doesn't work with Cousins and I don't see Rubio being the type of guard they want

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WhyteRyce posted:

Probably an assumption on his part because Sacramento apparently of always trying to trade their pick despite envy evidence to the contrary. Don't see what Minny can offer. Pek doesn't work with Cousins and I don't see Rubio being the type of guard they want

They (and Dallas) were actively interested in Rubio last summer

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whatever gets McLemore out of Sacramento is fine by me.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

Whoever drafts this guy, he should be fired

He's awesome! He's really athletic and gets like half his points by dunking on fools. It never stops being hilarious. Imagine the shame of having a dude who looks like that put his nuts in your face. His name is even literally White.

Weirdly the thing that'll probably keep him out of the nba is that he can't shoot at all. Otherwise he'd be really good. Still might go in the second though, he was one of the most efficient scorers in college basketball.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

He's awesome! He's really athletic and gets like half his points by dunking on fools. It never stops being hilarious. Imagine the shame of having a dude who looks like that put his nuts in your face. His name is even literally White.

Weirdly the thing that'll probably keep him out of the nba is that he can't shoot at all. Otherwise he'd be really good. Still might go in the second though, he was one of the most efficient scorers in college basketball.

That guy is translucent gargoyle and he should be sent to the Adriatic League so he can also star in Serbian action movies.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

They (and Dallas) were actively interested in Rubio last summer

Someone should tell that to Sacramento!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

:)

Why do you think of Rakeem Christmas?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He looked like an unstoppable monster the one time I saw him but otherwise I didn't watch a ton of Syracuse. He's super long and seems like a good rebounder/shot blocker who can't do much else, so basically he is a guy who went to Syracuse. He's kinda older too but he'd probably be a good 2nd rounder just because of the raw tools. He had a really good combine.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I've wanted Christmas to get drafted by the 76ers for pure name reasons ever since I found out Noel wasn't going to New Orleans. He is a 4 year Syracuse so he is bad and won't be able to defense.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

EvanTH posted:

I've wanted Christmas to get drafted by the 76ers for pure name reasons ever since I found out Noel wasn't going to New Orleans. He is a 4 year Syracuse so he is bad and won't be able to defense.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, but he's a Philly guy too.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
it was really annoying that Nerlens didn't play for Nawlins but at least he was drafted by the right guys

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rick posted:

Man there's a good chance the Lakers end up with the worst record in the league next year no matter who they draft.

Well at least this means the rebuild is going smoothly!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kobe must be excited that he's entering the Jordan on the Wizards phase of his career, with the Lakers accommodating him by becoming the early-2000s Wizards.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I bet Kwame Brown is available.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

I bet Kwame Brown is available.

Kobe is going to ruin Okafor or Towns like Jordan did Kwame.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I don't think it was mj's fault brown couldn't ball in the hoop or defend the rim

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rising lottery pick Cameron Payne, a Murray State PG, has upcoming workouts scheduled with Lakers (2nd pick) & Knicks (4th), a source says.

— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) June 6, 2015

Russell is special, but Cameron Payne is in the same class when it comes to playmaking.

— Russillo (@ryenarussillo) June 6, 2015

OH GOD IT'S HAPPENING

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
presti is making a team reach hard for payne lol

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Would love Payne making a big jump if it means one of Winslow, Porzingis or Hezonja is going to be sitting at 9

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

EvanTH posted:

the Sixers almost had Jrue Holiday and Dionte Christmas a few years ago but they cut him before the season, then the Pelicans did the same thing

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

Rising lottery pick Cameron Payne, a Murray State PG, has upcoming workouts scheduled with Lakers (2nd pick) & Knicks (4th), a source says.

— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) June 6, 2015

Russell is special, but Cameron Payne is in the same class when it comes to playmaking.

— Russillo (@ryenarussillo) June 6, 2015

OH GOD IT'S HAPPENING

The Lakers have worked out or interviewed roughly 30 people so far and may workout another 10-15 this week so I wouldn't put too much stock in them working out anyone.

Although I guess they'll have to have some consultation for missing out on Mudiay, as this redditor laments:

"–]chiefkb8 3 points 1 day ago
Not going to lie, that sounds so scary....lavine, mudiay, and Wiggins. The most esolosive backcourt ever. WHOA"

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I think Payne's going to have trouble getting bodied in the NBA and he's kind of streaky for my tastes. The good news is he's gonna get lots and lots of steals.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I feel like every time an Izzo player gets drafted, they do pretty well, but there's probably an exception to that axiom.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rumblings about LA looking hard at Russell. If they did take him would Philly take Okafor and shop Embiid or take Mudiay or Payne lol then NY gets Okafor. Would ve nuts however unlikely

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Probably Magic posted:

I feel like every time an Izzo player gets drafted, they do pretty well, but there's probably an exception to that axiom.

Maurice Ager? I liked him though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

Paul Davis, Maurice Ager, Mateen Cleaves. So far Gary Harris and Adreian Payne have been unimpressive. Shannon Brown and Charlie Bell were just alright.

He also specializes in big-name, athletic recruits who crater their NBA chances over the course of their careers and don't get drafted in the first place. Raymar Morgan, Durrell Summers, Kalin Lucas, Keith Appling, etc. (although I may be overvaluing whatever NBA prospects those guys had).

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

This is definitely not true (mateen cleeves) and this is a different Payne. The one you're thinking of was picked last year and is a power forward (he was also pretty forgettable as a rookie). This one is a point guard from Murray State

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

MourningView posted:

This is definitely not true (mateen cleeves) and this is a different Payne. The one you're thinking of was picked last year and is a power forward (he was also pretty forgettable as a rookie). This one is a point guard from Murray State

...I am incredibly dumb.

jimcunningham posted:

Rumblings about LA looking hard at Russell. If they did take him would Philly take Okafor and shop Embiid or take Mudiay or Payne lol then NY gets Okafor. Would ve nuts however unlikely

That has to just be rumors. What talent they have is all in wing players.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 7, 2015

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just want it to happen because i like weird stuff. Dream draft.
Towns
Russell
Mudiay
Payne
Okafor

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
As a non college basketball follower it has taken me a lot of readings to internalize that we are actually talking about a different Payne. It doesn't help that Adreian (or however you spell it) didn't play much last year although he looked decent for the Wolves after being traded.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

jimcunningham posted:

Maurice Ager? I liked him though.

I like how Cuban said he had a Wade stopper after drafting him

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If you like Russell and think he can be Brandon Roy-esque, taking him over Okafor isn't that crazy right?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

WhyteRyce posted:

If you like Russell and think he can be Brandon Roy-esque, taking him over Okafor isn't that crazy right?
what's happening is exactly what happened last year when wiggins stock was 'falling' despite him putting up an incredibly solid college season. okafor is dynamite, and one of the best offensive prospects in the past 10 years.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

straight up brolic posted:

what's happening is exactly what happened last year when wiggins stock was 'falling' despite him putting up an incredibly solid college season. okafor is dynamite, and one of the best offensive prospects in the past 10 years.

I feel like this is embarrassing to ask but why is Okafor such a good prospect? Like he's supposedly the best offensive big prospect since Shaq. What makes him a better prospect than Kevin Love was? Not that Kevin Love wouldn't be worthy of the 1st or 2nd pick but I don't get what makes Okafor the best prospect in 10 or 20 years or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

I feel like this is embarrassing to ask but why is Okafor such a good prospect? Like he's supposedly the best offensive big prospect since Shaq. What makes him a better prospect than Kevin Love was? Not that Kevin Love wouldn't be worthy of the 1st or 2nd pick but I don't get what makes Okafor the best prospect in 10 or 20 years or whatever.

okafor is really good in the post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTVZWIcs16Y

also love wasn't worthy of the first or second pick when he came out

• Locked thread