Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

Shugojin posted:

I forget, does Roy turn immortal once you finish it? Otherwise you could just kill him immediately.

...I still like that he tosses Tenpenny off the tower though.

Nope, I remember cutting his throat while he slept. gently caress Roy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

it would be cool if fallout 4 had ammo reloading again, it was a small but really neat thing new vegas added. im absolutely ready to be disappointed because i don't trust bethesda.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I did have a burning annoyance that the ammo types were stuck as the second hotkey option. :argh:

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Shugojin posted:

I did have a burning annoyance that the ammo types were stuck as the second hotkey option. :argh:

that was not a very good design decision, they should have let you rebind it at the very least.

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007
I am not very good at the internet

ShadowMar posted:

it would be cool if fallout 4 had ammo reloading again, it was a small but really neat thing new vegas added. im absolutely ready to be disappointed because i don't trust bethesda.

Ammo reloading was game-breakingly awesome, I loved walking around early-mid game with 5,000 10mm SMG bullets. I

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Shugojin posted:

You can rebind that key via a .ini edit. But yeah: that should have been in the options menu.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GirlBones posted:

Ammo reloading was game-breakingly awesome, I loved walking around early-mid game with 5,000 10mm SMG bullets. I
What, you didn't like firing every bullet 7 times over? :unsmigghh:

Ammo reloading is largely irrelevant but it gives people with OCD and/or autism an even more infinite supply of ammo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I have no idea why Bethesda is even developping these games. It's obvious they're out of their league in a non-elder scrolls type game.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

I have no idea why Bethesda is even developping games. It's obvious they're out of their league.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

But seriously they're really good at making games where I can gently caress around and mod things to do whatever, but I would like it if they hired some competent writers for their own stuff. I hear writers are pretty desperate and aren't very expensive.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I want them to keep everything that was new for New Vegas and just expand on it. Keep the handloading and hardcore mode and faction reputations, but build on that instead of breaking it down. Because I'm going to mod the stuff they take away back in either way, so they may as well make it easy on me.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

god. this is it. this is what we're in for. this is what fallout 4 is going to be like. i had almost forgotten.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
I talk with my voice on the radio

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
In Jagged Alliance 2, you can order equipment on the internet and have it shipped to the local airport, where a disgusting, swarthy clerk will hassle you (and possibly steal parts of your shipments). If you kill him, he will eventually be replaced by another clerk--only, this clerk is ten times worse than the initial guy.

Fallout 4 will have a radio personality manning the airwaves: The reanimated corpse of Haray Caray (or a doppleganger). In between semi-incoherent monologues about hypothetical scenarios and ranting about long-dead sports teams, Caray's corpse will interrupt music segments with mouthbreathing and chewing noises. In fact, in some areas, you will be unable to disable the radio. This may prompt some players to find and kill the ghoulish Caray...but it would be an egregious error to make. After a moderate period of radio silence, the stations will erupt with a man howling and barking like a dog.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

This isss Howling Blackman awoOOOOOOoooo giving you the oldass music Goons love but most people ignore awOOOooooo

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

In Jagged Alliance 2, you can order equipment on the internet and have it shipped to the local airport, where a disgusting, swarthy clerk will hassle you (and possibly steal parts of your shipments). If you kill him, he will eventually be replaced by another clerk--only, this clerk is ten times worse than the initial guy.

Fallout 4 will have a radio personality manning the airwaves: The reanimated corpse of Haray Caray (or a doppleganger). In between semi-incoherent monologues about hypothetical scenarios and ranting about long-dead sports teams, Caray's corpse will interrupt music segments with mouthbreathing and chewing noises. In fact, in some areas, you will be unable to disable the radio. This may prompt some players to find and kill the ghoulish Caray...but it would be an egregious error to make. After a moderate period of radio silence, the stations will erupt with a man howling and barking like a dog.

Not big on the Pablo hate, but your posting is incredible.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Kurtofan posted:

I have no idea why Bethesda is even developping these games. It's obvious they're out of their league in a non-elder scrolls type game.

In all honesty the often horrid and extremely brief conversations were a step up from their last game.

It's almost like a reverse text parser seen in old timey adventure games. I like to think my character just ran around barking AOL key words at people and seeing what they responded with.

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 8, 2015

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

Oh hells bells, even the trailer has bugs. :cripes:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

COBRARocky posted:

I can't wait to leave the vault for the first time and get jumped by old lady gibson's incredible flying dogs :allears:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Vault 111's experiment is learning what happens when you teach hundreds of Americans the Instant Transmission technique.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
for real though, that's not encouraging. Dated graphics is one thing, but this is their very first reveal trailer. Ouch

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
It's actually the ghost of your father, watching over your every move and looking on in disappointment. Running for shelter instead of facing the Chinese nukes head on and showing them who's boss is yet another sign that he raised a pussy for a son. He only appears in your peripheral vision though and will vanish as soon as you look to see what moved in the corner of your vision.

How many times did people need to watch this trailer over and over again to find that? I mean I've loved this franchise since it first came out 97 but I get the feeling, based on how many Youtube videos of people filimg their reactions, that there are some people who have been watching it on infinite loop since Tuesday and jerking off to it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

This game is probably going to be terrible, worse than new vegas and even worse than that shitstain fallout 3

e: I'll say this though: it looks like they hacked the game engine to display more colors than Brown and Grey

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 8, 2015

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I think it will outsell skyrim in its lifetime.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Baron Bifford posted:

I really hope Fallout 4 will make it easy to add your own tracks to the radio. F3 and NV obliged me to use awkward mods.

they'll charge 5.99 for an in-game mp3 player

but you can't load your own songs, and the only choices are all old-timey 50s music. these will also cost real money

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm to play this, be crushed when a new DLC breaks my save, and keep on playing because I just can't help myself.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
This game will be worse then Daikatana in every possible way it is to be worse, plus several ways we've not yet discovered. John Romero is already preparing to make the entire FO4 dev team his bitch, confident in the fact that he is no longer single handedly responsible for the worst game to come out since ET.

I would cancel my pre-order but I am waiting on them to annonuce the collectors edition before pre-ordering it.

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 8, 2015

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

QuarkJets posted:

they'll charge 5.99 for an in-game mp3 player

but you can't load your own songs, and the only choices are all old-timey 50s music. these will also cost real money

As long as I don't have to hear Butcher Pete again, I'll call it good.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

M_Sinistrari posted:

The default soundtrack will just be every version of Mack the Knife from the 50s and 60s on repeat

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

In Fallout 4 they will finally turn over that record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VGDnqCV53w

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Sharkopath posted:

In Fallout 4 they will finally turn over that record.

I'm starting to get the impression that Pete is not, contrary to popular belief, literally chopping meat.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

COBRARocky posted:

It's Sheogorath in disguise. He needs you to come to Tamriel and freak out the Aldmeri Dominion for a few laughs.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Azhais posted:

The default soundtrack will just be every version of Mack the Knife from the 50s and 60s on repeat

I could live with that no problem since I do like the song. Also wouldn't complain if The Dave Brubeck Quartet's Take Five was on the soundtrack either. My intense dislike of Butcher Pete for how often it popped on was enough for me to track down the extended GNR mod.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I can't really hate Big Iron, because while the version that's in the game is unbearable after hearing it ten times, it did lead me to discovering a different version of the song done by a slightly more renowned performer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZfItlZG97Q

Not to say that Marty Robbins didn't have his moments, though.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I can't really hate Big Iron, because while the version that's in the game is unbearable after hearing it ten times, it did lead me to discovering a different version of the song done by a slightly more renowned performer.

The absolute best part about Big Iron is that New Vegas had a bug that made it play twice as often as any other song.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Psychotic Weasel posted:

In all honesty the often horrid and extremely brief conversations were a step up from their last game.

It's almost like a reverse text parser seen in old timey adventure games. I like to think my character just ran around barking AOL key words at people and seeing what they responded with.

Oh my god how did I repress this? I completely forgot that you didn't even say sentences at people in Oblivion.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

computer parts posted:

The absolute best part about Big Iron is that New Vegas had a bug that made it play twice as often as any other song.

And since "Johnny Guitar" played five times more than the other songs, you'd hear "Big Iron" approximately ten times as often as, say, "Blue Moon".

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Can we have this song in the next West Coast game then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o22eIJDtKho

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Malpais Legate posted:

Oh my god how did I repress this? I completely forgot that you didn't even say sentences at people in Oblivion.

tbf that was in Morrowind, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

In Gearbox's Half-Life expansion "Opposing Force", protagonist Adrian Shepherd finds an experimental weapon that allows him to create gateways in Spacetime (did somebody say Portal?) that allow him to traverse between Xen and planet Earth.

In Fallout 4, there will be an experimental weapon developed by "The Institute" that will randomly teleport the player to a location on the map--including places that haven't been accessed yet and places that are otherwise impossible to reach. The Kotaku rumor-mill purports that, among these locations, there will be a chance to appear far above the worldmap (leading to an inevitable falling death), a Vault-Tec nursery occupied by a doctor with a very familiar voice, and one that mistakenly transposes the player with his/her German Shepherd (an allusion to Adrian Shepherd??).

However, the feature is allegedly "incredibly buggy", with the player frequently appearing inside of walls and other NPCs--in one such scene, the player teleported inside of a Red Army ghoul, who screamed and screamed until the engine caught up to the error and killed them both in a violent explosion of gibs that broke all textures until the game was restarted.

• Locked thread