Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Sabagebu isn't very xcom because you always know who's going to bite it first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

This is good. I like all of this.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

That would also be cool.

I would play that.

Yea

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Since it is sunday can we just talk about anime music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jJsYbVBnaE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-o_bMkzOW0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMFZr91D128

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

*burps, vomits the entirety of Eureka 7's soundtrack into the thread"

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

TheKingofSprings posted:

*burps, vomits the entirety of Eureka 7's soundtrack into the thread"

I take it that doesn't sound pleasant.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gogo carlito ftw

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Jostiband posted:

if they make a shirobaka movie will you edit in our responses?

I dunno it would depend if there were good posts or not

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Hey is anyone good at converting PDFs to a .mobi format that stays readable?

I ask this because, well, I just learned that the Tatami Galaxy novel has a translation out!

http://tatami.cadet-nine.org/post/118661063417/download

Apparently it's a little rough and it will be edited down the line but I took a gander and it seems perfectly readable for now.

Problem is, in converting it to a .mobi I'm getting a lot of awkward line breaks between sentences and paragraphs, that sort of thing. It's annoying! I just don't have the secret sauce for Calibre to do it properly, apparently.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Davincie posted:

gogo carlito ftw

:agreed:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Since it is sunday can we just talk about anime music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHs0y8xZJnU

still one of my favs

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

also a classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eiNFfkazrA

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

That and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-EygWD4YsE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-S-Legend-...=item2ee1b4bfd6

Y/N? debating blowing some money on some LoGH poo poo

Dilbert As FUCK fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 8, 2015

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The classic.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
"Do you like watching anime?" - Richard Spacious

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Is this punchline?

is a joke

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I wouldn't spend $100 on a pen I would probably lose in a month but that's just me.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It's okay.

Dilbert is the richest anime fan.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Steins;Gate VN is pretty good but I'm starting to get real annoyed by the amount of times Okarin is 'amazed' and 'can't believe it' when everything isn't exactly how it was after he alters time. Like once or twice fine but we're on like five or six now.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

littleorv posted:

I wouldn't spend $100 on a pen I would probably lose in a month but that's just me.

Thinking about picking this up as well
http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-S-Legend-...355214806&rt=nc

Honestly I want to buy both and see what vendors sign off with when I tell them I want to buy 500k worth of poo poo. I hope they choose correctly.

Bad Seafood posted:

It's okay.

Dilbert is the richest anime fan.

I make way too much for my age

Dilbert As FUCK fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 8, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Srice posted:

Hey is anyone good at converting PDFs to a .mobi format that stays readable?

I ask this because, well, I just learned that the Tatami Galaxy novel has a translation out!

http://tatami.cadet-nine.org/post/118661063417/download

Apparently it's a little rough and it will be edited down the line but I took a gander and it seems perfectly readable for now.

Problem is, in converting it to a .mobi I'm getting a lot of awkward line breaks between sentences and paragraphs, that sort of thing. It's annoying! I just don't have the secret sauce for Calibre to do it properly, apparently.

Either transcribe it yourself (Godspeed goon sir) or just read the pdf on your ereader, OCR software is a bit poo poo

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

*Dilbert pulls up in a gold plated car with a Dusty Attenborough hood ornament.*

"Hey guys check out these pens I bought."

*Drops off a whole box outside a school for child literacy.*

"Okay I'm gonna go home and watch Cross Ange again."

*Takes out a cigar, lights it with a hundred dollar bill, and drives off.*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The Steins;Gate VN is pretty good but I'm starting to get real annoyed by the amount of times Okarin is 'amazed' and 'can't believe it' when everything isn't exactly how it was after he alters time. Like once or twice fine but we're on like five or six now.
What translation are you playing? I played the fan-translation and don't remember anything like that, after the first couple of times he was pretty methodical about it. He was surprised by some things, sure, but he didn't go on about it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

What translation are you playing? I played the fan-translation and don't remember anything like that, after the first couple of times he was pretty methodical about it. He was surprised by some things, sure, but he didn't go on about it.

The Vita version, he's trying to work out what happened to the IBN 5100 after he sent the text to Lukako's mum and can't seem to wrap his head around the fact that he altered stuff so he never found it

E: Oh wait, I guess he's more confused as to why he didn't find it, that makes more sense.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 8, 2015

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

I'm pretty sure he is playing the official Vita release

Edit: gently caress beaten

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

*Dilbert pulls up in a gold plated car with a Dusty Attenborough hood ornament.*

Right now I'm thinking about how if I was rich I would own every video game and never play any of them.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Bad Seafood posted:

Nah I only own a BMW, thinking of a telsa next(just worried of that 300mi range); really I just want a Evo lancer and trick it out. Also I don't smoke since my dad is dying of it, he does like anime though.

althought buying a 40inch tv, fat ps3, and futon was so worth it to play persona 4

Also Cross ange's video game has not translation support so it's like eh.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Nah I only own a BMW, thinking of a telsa next(just worried of that 300mi range); really I just want a Evo lancer and trick it out. Also I don't smoke since my dad is dying of it, he does like anime though.

althought buying a 40inch tv, fat ps3, and futon was so worth it to play persona 4

Also Cross ange's video game has not translation support so it's like eh.

*commencing countdown until people start getting mad about how much money you make again.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

littleorv posted:

*commencing countdown until people start getting mad about how much money you make again.

K I will stop, but drat anime looks good on a 40 inch

Also beanbag chairs own, why don't more adults own them?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

K I will stop, but drat anime looks good on a 40 inch

Also beanbag chairs own, why don't more adults own them?

Get one of those really big ones and tell us about it.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I don't think Persona 4 would look that good on a 40 inch screen anyways. It's a PS2 game being emulated through a PS3 haha.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Either transcribe it yourself (Godspeed goon sir) or just read the pdf on your ereader, OCR software is a bit poo poo

It's the sort of PDF where text can be straight up copied and pasted so I am just figuring that I'm doing something wrong with the settings in Calibre.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Strange Quark posted:

Get one of those really big ones and tell us about it.

Game grumps talked about those, I am still on the fence.

https://www.sumolounge.com/sumo-sultan_c_20.html

That looks amazing though

littleorv posted:

I don't think Persona 4 would look that good on a 40 inch screen anyways. It's a PS2 game being emulated through a PS3 haha.

Fat PS3 smoothing does a lot

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

goddamn the Gatchaman Crowds soundtrack is good

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Srice posted:

It's the sort of PDF where text can be straight up copied and pasted so I am just figuring that I'm doing something wrong with the settings in Calibre.

Try copy/pasting a full page into a text editor and you'll likely see why the converter has issues. PDFs don't play nice with text.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Dilbert I hope you are investing some of your money. Don't spend all of it on junk.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
How much more powerful will Karen become?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm either going to go for a run or eat chips and watch anime. I haven't decided which yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

The_Frag_Man posted:

Dilbert I hope you are investing some of your money. Don't spend all of it on junk.

I do a gently caress load to my 401k, investments, and a retirement fund . If all goes according to plan, I can retire in 10 years.

• Locked thread