Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

RevKrule posted:

SDCC exclusive for Marvel Legends this year is Dr Strange based.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/06/04/hasbro-doctor-strange-comic-con-exclusive/28478605/

The article has pictures of everything but It's a 5 piece set that's held together by a book of Vishanti.
The figures included are astral Strange, Brother Blood, Dormammu, Magik and Hela. Plus a wearable Eye of Agamotto.

Brother Voodoo but the point stands, that set is glorious and I kinda want two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I just found the greatest bootleg, possibly, ever. Behold nt-01 Cerebral:

Looks like some Japanese company has flooded ebay with them. I'd scoop one up if I had an extra $150 burning a hole in my pocket.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I own one, it's not a bootleg and it's awesome.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

JT Smiley posted:

I just found the greatest bootleg, possibly, ever. Behold nt-01 Cerebral:

Looks like some Japanese company has flooded ebay with them. I'd scoop one up if I had an extra $150 burning a hole in my pocket.

It's too bad this is so expensive. It looks so cool but I can't justify the cost. The company announced another version of Krang and Shredder.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
My Hottoys Rocket & Groot set shipped today. I'm full of childlike anticipation!

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Please post lots of pics

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

My Hottoys Rocket & Groot set shipped today. I'm full of childlike anticipation!

About time. I've been jealous of all the solo Groots people have been getting.

Mine should ship during the next week then.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

therealjon_ posted:

I own one, it's not a bootleg and it's awesome.

I mean bootleg in the since that it's not an officially licensed product.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

I mean bootleg in the since that it's not an officially licensed product.

Probably better to call it "3rd Party" since bootleg implies someone made it and you made a copy of it. :spergin:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Is that by the same company that made the killer unlicensed Dredd figure as the "special armored cop"?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Managed to get Hawkguy and Pizza Dog today. Outside of being pretty tall I am loving both figures.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Ror posted:

Is that by the same company that made the killer unlicensed Dredd figure as the "special armored cop"?

No, there are tons of companies doing unlicensed stuff these days. It's pretty much an industry upon itself now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

And it's awesome - I am glad there is companies out there putting this stuff out that people REALLY want instead of cheap poo poo or a million and one clones.

$150 is hard to swallow but just gonna put some away slowly and hopefully they are still there when i'm ready.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I keep seeing a Marvel Select Mark 43 on eBay, and on the back of the packaging it has the Legends Infinite series logo. Is the figure the same as the Legends one just with different accessories?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

No they are different scales, Marvel Select is much larger.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

therealjon_ posted:

No they are different scales, Marvel Select is much larger.

I think he is talking about this knock-off figure. It seems that it's a bootleg of the Super Alloy Iron Man Mark 42 figure from Play Imaginative.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Just picked up the new Batman: TAS Joker, and while he's a really neat figure I'm disappointed he didn't come with some kind of playing card he can hold. Does anyone know of a figure (preferably on the cheap) around the six inch scale that comes with a playing card accessory I could use for this guy?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Wouldn't it be easier to cut a piece of plastic or card and print a decal?

If it's this guy

It looks like those top hands might be able to hold something like that without much fuss.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Maybe a Gambit?

Might be easier just to print out a lil vinyl decal and cut it out of a piece of styrene.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I used the cards from my DCUC Joker. If you dont already have one though I doubt they're super affordable. There hasn't been a Gambit figure in a few years either. Maybe one of the Arkham Jokers?

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
I just went through 4 joker figures I have (yamamoto, dark knight returns, long halloween, some other dc direct one that is loose) and none of them come with playing cards either. No idea where my dcuc one's cards are. And Gambit's are all explodey, so don't think those would work for you.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Cool, thanks guys. I guess I'm going to be making my own.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
There are 1:12 scale playing cards for sale on eBay...?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Buy those mini travel decks. They're like the size of a stamp and a half.

Comically oversized cards is perfectly Joker.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aphrodite posted:

Buy those mini travel decks. They're like the size of a stamp and a half.

Comically oversized cards is perfectly Joker.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Just picked up the new Batman: TAS Joker, and while he's a really neat figure I'm disappointed he didn't come with some kind of playing card he can hold. Does anyone know of a figure (preferably on the cheap) around the six inch scale that comes with a playing card accessory I could use for this guy?

All of the Figuarts of characters from Kamen Rider Ryuki came with teeny-tiny 1/12th scale playing cards.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

boom boom boom posted:

All of the Figuarts of characters from Kamen Rider Ryuki came with teeny-tiny 1/12th scale playing cards.

As did all of the Blade figures, which were also poker themed, so, might be a better choice for the Joker, and they are awesome figures besides.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

As did all of the Blade figures, which were also poker themed, so, might be a better choice for the Joker, and they are awesome figures besides.

The Riders themselves in Blade were poker themed, but there cards weren't. Either way, it's gonna look like the Joker is playing Yu-Gi-Oh

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

boom boom boom posted:

The Riders themselves in Blade were poker themed, but there cards weren't. Either way, it's gonna look like the Joker is playing Yu-Gi-Oh

The backs are more in-theme than the Ryuki ones. Less technological, but yeah, either way... "Hey Bats, you just activated my trap card!"

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Would these work for the scale of that figure? There seem to be several sources of 1/12th scale playing cards, with the first results when I searched being those on Amazon and a ~$7 deck on Etsy. Just not sure on the exact scale of that Joker figure to be sure they're the right size.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Lencho posted:

I think he is talking about this knock-off figure. It seems that it's a bootleg of the Super Alloy Iron Man Mark 42 figure from Play Imaginative.

That is definitely it. Good to know and that saves me a trip to the Disney store to look for it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

She's perfect.

Marf Revus
Apr 20, 2010

Meh
Mondo's going to destroy me with these 'original sketch' toys/statues

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

CelticPredator posted:

She's perfect.

Whoa. Who makes that Ripley?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

shymog posted:

Whoa. Who makes that Ripley?

NECA if I'm not mistaken.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah, it's NECA. They just released her. The Aliens version will come out next. Powerloader too.

Strong Style Liger
Mar 10, 2013
Picked up 2 of the Firefly Legacy figures (Captain Reynolds and Zoe)at my local comic shop. They have nice sculpts for the most part, with the Zoe face sculpt looking off at certain angles. Mal's coat also seems a little short.

Beyond the sculpt though, there are some loose joints with the dreaded transparent plastic that always seems to break. These are my first figures from Funko, but i guess the QC issues are common for them?

I'm torn on picking up the rest of the crew.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Strong Style Liger posted:

Picked up 2 of the Firefly Legacy figures (Captain Reynolds and Zoe)at my local comic shop. They have nice sculpts for the most part, with the Zoe face sculpt looking off at certain angles. Mal's coat also seems a little short.

Beyond the sculpt though, there are some loose joints with the dreaded transparent plastic that always seems to break. These are my first figures from Funko, but i guess the QC issues are common for them?

I'm torn on picking up the rest of the crew.

Funko had some bad QC issues last year that they mostly corrected. I haven't really seen many people complain about the Firefly figures breaking, but I'd believe it. I don't think the clear joints are a death sentence, but they definitely suck.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I see your shelf is lifted a bit there. How much taller than a regular Detolf space is he?