Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

a cop posted:

Let's talk about what's really important: What is everyone eating during tonight's episode? Me? Vodka & Pizza.

Weed and Chinese. After finding out about tonight's spoilers I decided to add wine to the list. I'm going to channel my inner Cersei tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I made way too much pasta that's gonna make my fat rear end feel terrible when I eat it because I'm dumb.

Expand my suffering, GoT.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Grouchio posted:

What did happen with Dexter anyways?

Ever increasing implausible silliness, terrible props/CGI/stuntmen, they literally used a 40 year old guy as the stunt double for a 4 year old kid in one scene.

Also a plot that never went anywhere at all.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Dapper Dan posted:

With what GRRM'S way, over a long series, you have to kill off characters very carefully. Otherwise you end up with an ever dwindling cast where you audience are less and less attached to your characters because you killed off all the ones people had attachments to. And as the series goes on, there is less and less time to get attached.

For good results, you kind of can't get away with absolute nihilism. Which to be fair, seems far worse in the TV show than in the books. Even GRRM realizes characters the audience loathes need to get something for their misdeeds. And also GRRM'S story is not as far along as the one in the show. So there is plenty if time for catharsis. D&D also seem very eager to end sooner than HBO and the story requires, which might end in sloppy and rushed writing.

If they keep pulling this on the show with no catharsis, people will stop watching. Pure nihlism gets not only tiring but boring. It should be used sparingly, but now to make up for the incredibly lovely start they are over compensating.

I don't care about tactical realism and poo poo. It just needs to be well written. You can tell that D&D are far too much in love with their villain. He is written as a sniveling sociopath, not a tactical genius making a commando raid against arguably the best living tactician alive against what would be the center of his camp unbelievably retarded. At best, it is a suicide mission where no one gets out alive. At worst it is a disaster that loses 20 men without accomplishing poo poo. From the spoilers it seems like a complete success, which will basically take everyone out of the show to call bullshit.

'Haha, look at what our lovely villain no one likes but us did that shouldn't work at all but does because of writer fiat! Aren't we shocking?!'

It's a TV show based on a book series written by a creepy old pedophile. It can, and has still to this day, done whatever it wants. And it's still successful. You're nothing, but still complain all you want, it's fun to read.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grouchio posted:

What did happen with Dexter anyways?

It got progressively shittier and shittier until it finally ended with the killer giving his kid to a wanted fugitive, faking his death in a storm named after his dead mom, and living the rest of his life as a lumberjack. Any other show and people would have been genuinely pissed, but the most negative reaction was just like most other reactions: nonstop laughter

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Barreft posted:

It's a TV show based on a book series written by a creepy old pedophile. It can, and has still to this day, done whatever it wants. And it's still successful. You're nothing, but still complain all you want, it's fun to read.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Dexter becomes a lumberjack.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

a cop posted:

Dexter becomes a lumberjack.

Hopefully this is what happens to Jon when he is resurrected.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Oh and the two main character's actors were married and ended up cheating on each other with other actors on the show which led to them looking like they wanted to kill each other half the time.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Midnight City posted:

Oh and the two main character's actors were married and ended up cheating on each other with other actors on the show which led to them looking like they wanted to kill each other half the time.
Bronn and Cersei used to gently caress irl and had to be kept separate on set

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Linguica posted:

Bronn and Cersei used to gently caress irl and had to be kept separate on set

The connections keep coming...........

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

No you got me wrong, I'm loving excited for the reaction tonight. No tears here.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Barreft posted:

Lol, guess I struck a nerve

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I'm really looking forward to future Wun Wun scenes. I wonder how many they'll include, given the CGI budget? Not that there are that many- I'm betting they'll do a "Wun Wun's drunk on wine and the Night's Watch are weary of him" scene + his distraction during Jon's stabbing. I wonder if they'll make Thorne the one who dies?? Or if it'll just be some as-yet faceless Night's Watch Leader guy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Now lets see some context. Probably won't help at all.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm ready for gruesome child death

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I can't wait for Stannis to burn Shireen while his fanatical wife's motherly instincts kick in for the first time ever.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Regy Rusty posted:

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Regy Rusty posted:

Rape or child death, the only reason I watch tv anymore.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Brock Samson posted:

Don't forget cannibalism

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Brock Samson posted:

At least we still have Hannibal

E: ^^^ Lol goddamn

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Still holding out hope they show her face melt except the greyscale. Gotta keep Jorah relevant.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

WOW finally a wide shot showing that Stannis actually has an army!!

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
THE FIRST SCENE

What the gently caress

loving magic, Ramsey

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Hahahaha they just don't show the raid at all what a crock of poo poo.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good let's get it over with

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

TWAS SOME SHIRTLESS FIRE BREATHING MADMAN

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Wow starting with this huh

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ramsey better loving trip and stab himself in the heart with a fork based on how loving lucky he's been.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The funny thing is that it's sort of plausible and also very GRRMy to show it from one character's perspective after they become aware of it. But still.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Stannis stood no chance against twenty good men.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Haha, loving Ramsay trolling Stannis now.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Well I guess Ramsey is going to be successful :negative:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Ramsay, the Lightbringer

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
flaming horse.gif

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Ramsay is a genius.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh no not our food stores

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Darko posted:

Haha, loving Ramsay trolling Stannis now.

100% fits him too, he's just gonna gently caress with the dude this whole episode I hope.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Hahah Stannis' reaction is our's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Even Stannis calls bullshit.

• Locked thread