Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Dr.Lesnar did a fine job of making it a condition where quality of life is high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

cunny mcalister posted:

I'm so glad I didn't catch Hulkamania, I have a hard enough time when my Monster Truck Madness flares up.

Oh you got a specific strain? I'm never sure if I'm lucky or not that I caught THE MADNESS while watching Wrestlemania 3.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

When will big pharma cure my Hulkamania?

They're still working on Rey's knees, sorry.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
hell yes everyone click this right now

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Atticus Finch posted:

hell yes everyone click this right now

Literally never ever gets old.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/iLikeSamiZayn/status/607733781395587072

Get well soon Sami.

wcwchris
Jun 7, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

He should lighten the gently caress up, then. It's mostly people going "that was pretty silly ha ha."

In every interview when the IWC is brought up, he seems like such a douche. Love the guy, but he's a bit of a dick.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

dean ambrose doesn't like me! :qq:

E: honestly if I was a wrestler I'd hate the iwc too

Doble E: I'm not a wrestler and I hate the iwc

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jun 8, 2015

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he wasn't even particularly angry or offended or anything he was just like "yeah that's pretty dumb but internet's gonna internet"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

its weird to me when wrestlers even take the time to acknowledge the ISEC in shoot interviews because they always say the same thing about how it's all a bunch of bullshit that they dont pay attention to but then start explaining fringe rumors that nobody watching has heard before because actually they care a lot

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

oatgan posted:

its weird to me when wrestlers even take the time to acknowledge the ISEC in shoot interviews because they always say the same thing about how it's all a bunch of bullshit that they dont pay attention to but then start explaining fringe rumors that nobody watching has heard before because actually they care a lot

That's why I always liked that interview where Barrett took pride in being the Linear Champion.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Gavok posted:

That's why I always liked that interview where Barrett took pride in being the Linear Champion.

This has been on my mind lately, but if Owens doesn't lose it until his match with Finn then the Linear Champion could be in NXT. Which is weird.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

AlmightyPants posted:

This has been on my mind lately, but if Owens doesn't lose it until his match with Finn then the Linear Champion could be in NXT. Which is weird.

Reminds me of the time I researched the WCW Linear Championship for the Monday Night War TEW thread. Unless I missed something after Flair brought it over during his WWF run, it eventually became unified with the WWF title in the Bret/Shawn Mania Ironman match. Along the way it passed through NJPW, several low-level indy promotions thanks to Yokozuna and Lawler, and temporarily belonged to Mable/Big Daddy V during his King of the Ring run.

The funny thing is, it probably would have come back to WCW at some point during the Monday Night War if Flair had dropped it to Savage in their Mania match. Either Savage or Warrior would have brought it back. But prior to that feud Hogan beat him clean in EXACTLY ONE match in their huge run of House Show matches before that feud, and Hogan did EXACTLY ONE clean singles match job before leaving the company, to Yoko the month after Mania 9.

I stopped researching after 1996 so I could follow our in-thread continuity rather than real life. I should go back and find out where that WCW Lineal Title ended up at some point.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Out of curiosity, who's linear champ in thread continuity?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Junpei Hyde posted:

Out of curiosity, who's linear champ in thread continuity?

Checking the WWF Lineal Title page, it turns out that in that same Bret vs Shawn Iron Man match at Mania 12 the Lineal Title was reunited with the Title Belt because Diesel won the LT at a house show and Bret won it off him. Therefore the lineal WWF Champion is the ACTUAL WWF Champion, that being Cactus Jack aka Mick Foley.

Interestingly, this also means that at Mania 12 Bret and Shawn unified the Lineal WWF and Lineal WCW Championships. Which I suppose in the thread makes Foley the Lineal Undisputed Champion. It also means IRL the WCW Lineal Title stayed unified with the Lineal WWF title, and now they can never be split again. The WCW belt was unified with the WWE belt long before the lineal title went a year without being defended and was dropped to the current WWE Champ (by Edge to CM Punk in 2011).

In the thread's continuity, the rules would dictate the WCW lineal title would be awarded to the current WCW Champion (and the same with the WWF title for that matter) when/if the Lineal Undisputed Champ went a year without defending it.

All of which just makes me want to figure out who the ECW Lineal Champion is.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sanguinia posted:

Where do you start the chain? When it was Eastern Championship Wrestling or actual ECW?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Sanguinia posted:

Forgive my double post, but I spent the last over-an-hour actually doing this because my curiosity could not be sated. I may do a longer post at some point in the WWE General thread or the TEW Monday Night thread, but suffice to say the history of the ECW Lineal Championship is even more hilarious than you might think it is. Case in point: At our game's current date, October 1997, the real life* ECW Lineal Championship was most recently decided at a match hosted by Japanese indy fed "Kingdom," which existed for less than one full year. It was at the Kingdom One Night Million Yen Tournament, on August 22nd.

The match was between ECW Lineal Champion Katsumi Usuda and Challenger Alexander Otsuka. The result of the match is unknown (at least to the German guy who posted the card) and is the only match from the show whose outcome is unknown. I went forward on the assumption Otsuka won and came to possibly the single most hilarious possible ending. I might trace the title lineage from the outcome that Usuda won tomorrow and see if it ends up someplace even funnier.

*Note - none of the changes to the timeline in our game effect the status of the ECW lineal title as far as I can tell.

EDIT:

ayn rand hand job posted:

Where do you start the chain? When it was Eastern Championship Wrestling or actual ECW?

I started the chain from Shane Douglas, but I misread the date and started during his 1993 run as Eastern CW champion rather than his 94 reign as Extreme CW champion. I'll have to start from Snuka and see if anything screws up the line to the point where I began.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jun 8, 2015

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sanguinia posted:

I started the chain from Shane Douglas, but I misread the date and started during his 1993 run as Eastern CW champion rather than his 94 reign as Extreme CW champion. I'll have to start from Snuka and see if anything screws up the line to the point where I began.

I'm starting to hate Chris Benoit bringing it to Japan and getting it involved in G1 Climax.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I can think of more reasons to hate him.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Yeah, like how he loving no-showed Vengeance.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I'm starting to hate Chris Benoit bringing it to Japan and getting it involved in G1 Climax.

Well I finished my new trace starting from Snuka as inaugural champion, and by my reckoning Benoit never had it. So somebody screwed up somewhere. Probably me because I haven't slept. I'll go do that and double-check my work.

The funny thing is that this chain AND my original gently caress-up chain both ended the same way. The title gets vacated due to non-defense a couple of years AFTER ECW closed down. So at that point either the Lineal Title dies, reverts to the last champion (Rhyno), or comes back when WWE revives ECW and crowns RVD first champion in '06.

I chose the last option because according to my research it leads to the funniest possible ending: 6 days after winning the WWE Lineal Title from Shane McMahon, Bobby Lashley inexplicably wins clean over ECW Lineal Champion Randy Orton on a house show and unifies all three Monday Night Wars faction Lineal Championships. Two weeks later her ceremonially brings it home by beating Vince McMahon for the ECW Championship.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sanguinia posted:

*Note - none of the changes to the timeline in our game effect the status of the ECW lineal title as far as I can tell.

I'm honestly really confused on if we're talking about game timeline or real timeline right now but if we assume that Shane Douglas is the ECW Lineal Champion when we took over by virtue of being the ECW Champion then the Lineal Champion would currently be ECW Champion Kurt Angle

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Can we at least all agree that Shane Douglas is fat and a mark for himself no matter what timeline it is or whether you start in 1993 or 1994?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Luigi Thirty posted:

Can we at least all agree that Shane Douglas is fat and a mark for himself no matter what timeline it is or whether you start in 1993 or 1994?

Shane Douglas is awesome, you shut your drat mouth

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sanguinia posted:

Well I finished my new trace starting from Snuka as inaugural champion, and by my reckoning Benoit never had it. So somebody screwed up somewhere. Probably me because I haven't slept. I'll go do that and double-check my work.

The funny thing is that this chain AND my original gently caress-up chain both ended the same way. The title gets vacated due to non-defense a couple of years AFTER ECW closed down. So at that point either the Lineal Title dies, reverts to the last champion (Rhyno), or comes back when WWE revives ECW and crowns RVD first champion in '06.

I chose the last option because according to my research it leads to the funniest possible ending: 6 days after winning the WWE Lineal Title from Shane McMahon, Bobby Lashley inexplicably wins clean over ECW Lineal Champion Randy Orton on a house show and unifies all three Monday Night Wars faction Lineal Championships. Two weeks later her ceremonially brings it home by beating Vince McMahon for the ECW Championship.

I started from Shane in '95 when he declared himself ECW champion. He loses it to Sandman, than it went to Mikey Whipreck, and then back to Sandman. It got unified with the TV title for a while, and eventually left ECW never to return when Jericho went to WCW. Somewhere in there Foley had it, Pitbull#2 had it, amongst others. Benoit won it, lost to Liger as Pegasus Kid and then Muta beat Liger.

I got as far as 2001, and I think Muta had it a half dozen times by that point.

Probably redo the trace later, with taking notes.

There might be a divergence in the Enter Sandman ECW supercard. Sandman pinned Douglas with help from Foley, but the match was restarted, and then Douglas pinned Sandman. It threw me for a loop when I was checking the title history vs card results.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 8, 2015

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

triplexpac posted:

Shane Douglas is awesome, you shut your drat mouth

hes the dirt worst

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Probably redo the trace later, with taking notes.

Well, here's my final results starting from Snuka. Posted to the General Thread.

This is IRL to any TEW peeps. Feel free to use my notes to figure out where the timeline diverged though.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723556&pagenumber=23#post446315109

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/607714828426215424

@FightOwensFight posted:

“@joqwanwhitten: @FightOwensFight do u respect sting” Yes. “Roxanne” is a classic.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I appreciate Roxanne and String's devotion to tantric sex

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

:mad:

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

:allears:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sanguinia posted:

Well, here's my final results starting from Snuka. Posted to the General Thread.

This is IRL to any TEW peeps. Feel free to use my notes to figure out where the timeline diverged though.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723556&pagenumber=23#post446315109

Myst have lost track with Jericho, Oh well.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Irritated Goat posted:

Well that explains this wiki thing I saw yesterday. Welp. :sigh: Good job probably screwing yourself out of a good thing Havok

quick backstory on this:

Havok has a history of really creepy/obsessive fans.
The person that dug up said tweets is a weirdo that ran a Havok creepshot instagram
Havok had said dude's IG account yanked on stalking grounds
in retaliation dude dug some tweets of Havok trying a dumb as poo poo white girl character on twitter.

more on this story as I get some more corroboration and clarity.

E: im not sure if thisnis the same guy that tried to accost her in the plasma donation place.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
WWE twitter is on point today

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

coconono posted:

quick backstory on this:

Havok has a history of really creepy/obsessive fans.
The person that dug up said tweets is a weirdo that ran a Havok creepshot instagram
Havok had said dude's IG account yanked on stalking grounds
in retaliation dude dug some tweets of Havok trying a dumb as poo poo white girl character on twitter.

more on this story as I get some more corroboration and clarity.

E: im not sure if thisnis the same guy that tried to accost her in the plasma donation place.

Is there any real evidence that she was trying out a gimmick on Twitter or is that just hearsay? Because that seems like a bullshit excuse, but she's a wrestler and many wrestlers are dumb, so I kinda believe it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Because ironic racist gimmicks have worked so well in wrestling in the past.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Chuck Taylor is my favorite wrestler

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris Bosh's racist gimmick ruled

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

here's an idea: don't do what Havok did in or out of kayfabe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Because ironic racist gimmicks have worked so well in wrestling in the past.

You sound like one of those guys sneaking across our BORDER.
Edit-

Luigi Thirty posted:

here's an idea: don't do what Havok did in or out of kayfabe

This for real tho.