Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I watched that Legend of the Galactic Heroes movie and it was pretty ballin. Now I'm off to the land of dreams since I have to get up in six hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think SA2 is the only 3D Sonic game I've played more than 10 minutes of.

Unless Sonic R counts.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Are you going to play Sonic 2006

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Beef Waifu posted:

i started playing shadow the hedgehog, help

We can't help you now, you're gonna be stuck on that space station with Maria for a long time.

On the off-chance you get out of there, are you going to ruin yourself by going for all of the endings or just call it a day with 1 or 2?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

i'm very excited, you don't even know

edit: sonic adventure 2 would be okay if it was just the sonic and shadow stages
hosed up opinion: the tails/eggman stages aren't bad

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
My parents asked my why I am traveling with Panty and Stocking cosplayers as Kamina.

Should I tell them Panty is worst girl and Stocking is best girl?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

I have fond memories of terrible/awesome rap music in the knuckle stages.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
You should tell us why you aren't Brief

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

My parents asked my why I am traveling with Panty and Stocking cosplayers as Kamina.

Should I tell them Panty is worst girl and Stocking is best girl?

you should not, because that is a lie. Panty is merely the second best.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, I already have a file that I've beaten the Sonic section of actually.

Sonic Adventure 1 was not an awful experience, but kind of boring. The Sonic stages were hit and miss, Gamma's were actually kind of fun, and I liked Tails stages too. The other three were boring and annoying gimmicks topped off by a terrible final boss. Sonic Adventure 2 is like... I can see where they tried to improve, but the only place that was improved was the Sonic/Shadow stages. Eggman and Tails are slowly and control worse than Gamma on top of having that annoying whirring sound and the Knuckle and Rouge stages are like some of the most offensive stages in the series. The final bosses are also lovely too. Sonic Heroes is loving atrocious in just about every way except for the Team Rose stages which are short and the least gimmicky of the stages because they're the easy ones, but they don't suffer from a lot of the issues every other team has with the game. The final boss is still bad and terrible except Metal Overlord is probably better than most Sonic final bosses.

Allarion posted:

We can't help you now, you're gonna be stuck on that space station with Maria for a long time.

On the off-chance you get out of there, are you going to ruin yourself by going for all of the endings or just call it a day with 1 or 2?

Doing that good route on the space station took me 30 loving minutes because this game is dumb, jesus christ and no, I'm doing all of them. It took me like two hours to get through the stages and depending on the gimmick that time can be less, so I'm doing all of that poo poo so I can fight Devil Doom.

littleorv posted:

I have fond memories of terrible/awesome rap music in the knuckle stages.

This is most of the reason I played SA2 was to experience the music in game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wUixhV13gI

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Countblanc posted:

you should not, because that is a lie. Panty is merely the second best.

Well they saw the cosplayers I am traveling with

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sonic Heroes and Shadow back to back are gonna probably kill me though because that's a lot of just bad awful poo poo to go through with no break. I can handle Sonic 06, but those two hurt me more for some reason.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just remembered that Sonic Team did a GC game about a dude in a chicken suit.
Or just Yuji Naka on his own maybe.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i remember billy hatcher being alright but i was like 12 when i played it and thought it was cool you could ride on the egg

also yes it was sonic team

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Beef all I can see your posts as now is :

"DID THAT DUDE REALLY JUST POST THAT!?!?!?"

Nice av btw

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I have no idea what the billy hatcher theme song was supposed to be saying

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Coo coo coo coo cooka doo

Baoh will make your dreams come true

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

FirstAidKite posted:

I have no idea what the billy hatcher theme song was supposed to be saying

same, but the yoshi's story theme song

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
me listening to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8E7uhkdP8I

and no work tomorrow cuz I don't wanna

gently caress YEAH ANIME

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'll admit, there were occasional moments where I enjoyed Shadow the Hedgehog. They weren't often, and it might be the stockholme syndrome talking since going full hero or full villain gets a bit mind-breaking for certain levels.

Beef Waifu posted:

Doing that good route on the space station took me 30 loving minutes because this game is dumb, jesus christ and no, I'm doing all of them. It took me like two hours to get through the stages and depending on the gimmick that time can be less, so I'm doing all of that poo poo so I can fight Devil Doom.

Well, at least you'll have better weapons on repeat playthroughs. I ended up relying on gunplay since the homing attack was so unwieldy throughout the game. Well, at least shooting down the president was oddly cathartic. I never got all the endings though.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

This is most of the reason I played SA2 was to experience the music in game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wUixhV13gI

This is a crazy amount of nostalgia I am feeling.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Eggman is the best, and the greatest part of The Good Sonic Game, Colors, is him making GBS threads on you over the PA system.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I lliked the chao garden and I like how in the pc version of SA1 and 2 you can just download a program to change chao textures to any other texture in the game and do other crazy stuff too but mainly textures

you ever see what a chao looks like when its skin texture is the sharp teeth grin? it's pretty cool

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh yeah I did none of the chao poo poo. I am so uninterested in raising stuff that I just refuse to touch it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Beef Waifu posted:

Sonic Adventure 2 is like... I can see where they tried to improve, but the only place that was improved was the Sonic/Shadow stages. Eggman and Tails are slowly and control worse than Gamma on top of having that annoying whirring sound
I want to know whose idea it was to take Gamma's quick, arcade-like levels and make them slow and clunky.

SA2 has many sins, but this above most.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

There should be a crossover between Sonic and Star Fox.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Oh yeah I did none of the chao poo poo. I am so uninterested in raising stuff that I just refuse to touch it.

You dummy, the chao raising was some of the best stuff in it

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Endorph posted:

Even more hosed up opinion, Knuckles and Rouge stages aren't bad.

Like I know that entire game is full of design flaws, but man I played that game so much as a kid (even doing versus battles in every mode with my sister hundreds of times) that I can't help but love every part of it.

Beef Waifu posted:

Can we get a new mod now?

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Beef Waifu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uQ76qrlK78

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FirstAidKite posted:

Coo coo coo coo cooka doo

Baoh will make your dreams come true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae-NA0-VBeA

it will indeed

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Twiddy posted:

Even more hosed up opinion, Knuckles and Rouge stages aren't bad.

Like I know that entire game is full of design flaws, but man I played that game so much as a kid (even doing versus battles in every mode with my sister hundreds of times) that I can't help but love every part of it.

I'd be fine with those stages if they didn't make one dumb change.

In SA1 you would detect if you got close to any of the 3 emeralds, but for some stupid reason in SA2 it would only detect the first one, then the second, then the third. It's annoying!

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Srice posted:

I'd be fine with those stages if they didn't make one dumb change.

In SA1 you would detect if you got close to any of the 3 emeralds, but for some stupid reason in SA2 it would only detect the first one, then the second, then the third. It's annoying!
Sounds like somebody failed at sensing it in his feet.

From experience though, the whole hunting game is a lot more fun (especially in versus mode) when you already have an idea for every emerald location and the entire game is narrowing down where they are. The hint system even helped that along with it being a double edged sword (also telling the other person where it is).

Basically, the game can get fun after it starts tedious if you ever play it again.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

why is there a talking bear in sidonia? what's up with that? i just started the series

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sorry it's been so long since I posted, I went outside yesterday.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I got sunburned, did not watch anime, amused myself with bakatest light novels

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I hope yoshi ends up with the girl who has good stacked baps

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

krampster2 posted:

why is there a talking bear in sidonia? what's up with that? i just started the series
You're gonna learn very quickly that a core theme in Sidonia is transhumanism. Bearmom is an excellent example of a person who's better than a normal in every way, including being a bear.

Twiddy fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jun 8, 2015

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
chats weird sometimes

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Twiddy posted:

You're gonna learn very quickly that a core theme in Sidonia is transhumanism. Bearmom is an excellent example of a person who's better than a normal in every way, including being a bear.

hmm, i guess she does have a pretty sweet claw hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Namtab posted:

I hope yoshi ends up with the girl who has good stacked baps

Yoshi is in a relationship with Birdo.

• Locked thread