Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Thunderbro posted:

i mine internet rocks really efficiently you'd better watch out for me fucker!!

Woah for a second I thought I was in the EVE thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I tried eve once, the gameplay suggestion for me was 'que up these skills to train, log out and log back in in 3 days to que up more skills to train, in ~2 weeks time you will be able to do stuff. Thrilling game of non-stop excitement I tell you.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Flavor Truck posted:

Post server, side, and most active guild please.

Last I heard (Aranzeb West), most of the remaining goons merged into Marauders, and then Balistafreak created another guild where they mainly destroy haulers on dewstone bridge. I haven't seen him on for a while now, so I am not sure if the guild is still active.

Also, couple of us are in Nine O Third.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Can we change the thread name because none of us are Stable Normal People.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Oil! posted:

Can we change the thread name because none of us are Stable Normal People.

I dunno, a lot of us aren't playing AA and that's a pretty strong argument for being stable and normal

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
me and a friend recently tried this game and we thought it was awesome because i could ride around on an armored cow and poo everywhere. it is incredibly grindy though, even the starting zone quests are grindy as hell.
i can imagine this grind continues to become worse during the game???

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stalins Moustache posted:

me and a friend recently tried this game and we thought it was awesome because i could ride around on an armored cow and poo everywhere. it is incredibly grindy though, even the starting zone quests are grindy as hell.

Does it ever

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Stalins Moustache posted:

You could spend hours a day for a couple months to afford a semi decent endgame starter weapon.

By which I mean a non-poo poo proc epherium weapon, or at least T4 obsidian.

Then you get to throw hundreds (maybe thousands) of gold into the regrade lottery. Have fun!
:thumbsup:

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck

DancingShade posted:

You could spend hours a day for a couple months to afford a semi decent endgame starter weapon.

By which I mean a non-poo poo proc epherium weapon, or at least T4 obsidian.

Then you get to throw hundreds (maybe thousands) of gold into the regrade lottery. Have fun!
:thumbsup:

Fact. I'm reminded of why I quit in the first place. gently caress this game.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
If you ever want to compete in PvP your choices are; "don't" or "put enough for car payments on a credit card".

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008
I had the terrible idea to give this game a shot this evening. After finishing downloading it, the game refuses to run. All sorts of weird errors, from my computer bugging out completely, to the loading screen getting stuck, to getting disconnected 2 minutes into character creation like 10 times in a row. Apparently there is some kind of issue between Windows 8.1 and hackshield or something, because my computer has never had any issues running any other games before.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Agreeable Badger posted:

I had the terrible idea to give this game a shot this evening. After finishing downloading it, the game refuses to run. All sorts of weird errors, from my computer bugging out completely, to the loading screen getting stuck, to getting disconnected 2 minutes into character creation like 10 times in a row. Apparently there is some kind of issue between Windows 8.1 and hackshield or something, because my computer has never had any issues running any other games before.

You know that GOP senator who said a woman's body shuts down to prevent getting pregnant when shes raped, this is the videogaming equivalent

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

Byolante posted:

You know that GOP senator who said a woman's body shuts down to prevent getting pregnant when shes raped, this is the videogaming equivalent

:wow:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Byolante posted:

lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this thread still occasionally provides some comedy

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agreeable Badger posted:

you need to disable your firewall and probably uninstall your anti-virus. Hackshield needs the kind of access a very malicious trojan would want. It still doesnt stop people from hacking.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Since the update a few weeks ago the game has been even more unstable for me. Going from halcy to gweo I crashed 3 times, which basically makes running packs or larders on anything but a donkey impossible. PVP is no good either, though hilariously sometimes I'd crash when attacked, saving me from certain death. My own fault for trying to run the game on a toaster from 2009. Game wasn't fun anymore so I stopped playing, but first I sold off all my land so I'd have a stake if I decide to try again once I get my new computer.

Found myself sitting on 14k gold, with another 12k worth of easily liquidated assets in a game I probably won't pick up again. Which got me wondering, just out of curiousity, how reliable are gold buyers like this?

http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/671178-Egpal-Buying-ArcheAge-EU-US-Gold-Pay-By-Verified-Business-Paypal-Moneybook
http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/692489-WTB-and-WTS-Archeage-Gold-Excellent-9-9-Score-on-Trustpilot-The-Trustworthy-MmoGah

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Angela Christine posted:

Since the update a few weeks ago the game has been even more unstable for me. Going from halcy to gweo I crashed 3 times, which basically makes running packs or larders on anything but a donkey impossible. PVP is no good either, though hilariously sometimes I'd crash when attacked, saving me from certain death. My own fault for trying to run the game on a toaster from 2009. Game wasn't fun anymore so I stopped playing, but first I sold off all my land so I'd have a stake if I decide to try again once I get my new computer.

Found myself sitting on 14k gold, with another 12k worth of easily liquidated assets in a game I probably won't pick up again. Which got me wondering, just out of curiousity, how reliable are gold buyers like this?

http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/671178-Egpal-Buying-ArcheAge-EU-US-Gold-Pay-By-Verified-Business-Paypal-Moneybook
http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/692489-WTB-and-WTS-Archeage-Gold-Excellent-9-9-Score-on-Trustpilot-The-Trustworthy-MmoGah

Not that first guy. Almost all the posts are him bumping, not very many are of customers.

Second one is probably ok.

The worst that could happen is that you get scammed out of the gold or banned down the road in a game you arent playing. Break it up into 3-4 transactions to limit your risk.

Try selling to goons first, the benefit of buying from you is that you arent a chinese farmer so they wont get banned when they trade with you. Price it at whatever the spammers are selling for.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 13, 2015

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
Aranzeb is filled with people with p2w so it wouldn't be hard to find a buyer that you can sell to directly.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Thanks guys. :)

I think there's only half a dozen goons still playing on Aranzeb and I doubt any of them are silly enough to trade real money for pretend money, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to run an S-mart thread for a few days. It's just, I'd feel a bit bad selling gold to goons. Even at $10 per 1000, half the price of the spammers, it's just such a ridiculous thing to buy. It almost feels like a scam.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Angela Christine posted:

I think there's only half a dozen goons still playing on Aranzeb and I doubt any of them are silly enough to trade real money for pretend money, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to run an S-mart thread for a few days. It's just, I'd feel a bit bad selling gold to goons. Even at $10 per 1000, half the price of the spammers, it's just such a ridiculous thing to buy. It almost feels like a scam.

goons gave me many dollars for my gold and thunderstrucks in this game and i feel great about it.

People would rather buy from a trusted source over a random china-farmer that might result in a ban. You are doing them a service not harming them

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 15, 2015

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Fauxtool posted:

goons gave me many dollars for my gold and thunderstrucks in this game and i feel great about it.

People would rather buy from a trusted source over a random china-farmer that might result in a ban. You are doing them a service not harming them

Just like in drug policy harm minimisation doesn't remove harm, just mitigate the degree it affects the afflicted individual.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Angela Christine posted:

$140 cashout on quitting? Congratulations, you beat Archeage.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Byolante posted:

Just like in drug policy harm minimisation doesn't remove harm, just mitigate the degree it affects the afflicted individual.

even for burger flippers it takes way less man hours to just pay for crap than it does to actually grind out video game money in a bad kmmo

lol @ people who convert real life money to video game money tho

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Thunderbro posted:

even for burger flippers it takes way less man hours to just pay for crap than it does to actually grind out video game money in a bad kmmo

lol @ people who convert real life money to video game money tho

I was condemning people enabling addictions to terrible kmmos, not the act of RMT. Wherever the path to something is a boring repetitive action and you cannot just hack the game to get the stuff, RMT will exist. Developers should be designing games in such a way that RMT is either undesriable or controlled by them, not a third party.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Byolante posted:

I was condemning people enabling addictions to terrible kmmos, not the act of RMT. Wherever the path to something is a boring repetitive action and you cannot just hack the game to get the stuff, RMT will exist. Developers should be designing games in such a way that RMT is either undesriable or controlled by them, not a third party.

Yeah but RMT actually is the harm reduction for this awful game. TRION is the video game equivalent of a krokodil dealer.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if we could find a way to create an unholy merger between this thread and the TCC thread on GBS I would love it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

lol

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Byolante posted:

yeah it worked so well for diablo 3

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
would have worked fine if blizzard hadn't been retarded

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kznlol posted:

would have worked fine if blizzard hadn't been retarded

trion is twice the retard if not more.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

I am not actually sold on this. There is no way a company this bad could stay afloat this long making this many gently caress ups.

I am beginning to believe that all of this is planned. Trion aren't retarded, trion are A grade trolls.

(or they are just increadibly lucky to still be a float....)

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Meskhenet posted:

I am not actually sold on this. There is no way a company this bad could stay afloat this long making this many gently caress ups.

I am beginning to believe that all of this is planned. Trion aren't retarded, trion are A grade trolls.

Trion is living proof VC will give money to anything

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Meskhenet posted:

you don't realize how many people in this world willingly give all the money they have for flesh eating drugs

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thunderbro posted:

you don't realize how many people in this world willingly give all the money they have for flesh eating drugs

i guess if you consider an addict willing

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Fauxtool posted:

oh of course

I just think that if blizzard had done the d3 rmt shop thing better it would have worked brilliantly

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

kznlol posted:

oh of course

I just think that if blizzard had done the d3 rmt shop thing better it would have worked brilliantly

:yikes:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

kznlol posted:

oh of course

I think Blizzard did the RMT thing a little too well. Lots of people got lots of money out of the game through the RMAH. The problem was the lead designer was a clown who designed the rest of the loot system around the RMAH existing and as a result made a horribly unfun grindfest. Now the have designed the game to make RMT pointless and the game is pretty great again in shorter bursts each new season.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Byolante posted:

The problem was the lead designer was a clown who designed the rest of the loot system around the RMAH existing and as a result made a horribly unfun grindfest.

Yep. The problem with diablo wasn't the shop, it was that the game was balanced with the shop instead of fun in mind. The drop rates were so low that unless you hit the jackpot a couple times over, you *had* to buy poo poo from others to play the highest difficulty effectively.

You don't go advertising a hack&slash loot bonanza and then effectively lock loot relevant for a specific character someone's playing behind a cash shop for 99% of the population. Worse, it's purely based on luck, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Truga posted:

Yep. The problem with diablo wasn't the shop, it was that the game was balanced with the shop instead of fun in mind. The drop rates were so low that unless you hit the jackpot a couple times over, you *had* to buy poo poo from others to play the highest difficulty effectively.

You don't go advertising a hack&slash loot bonanza and then effectively lock loot relevant for a specific character someone's playing behind a cash shop for 99% of the population. Worse, it's purely based on luck, too.

You could make a lot of money off the rmah but the game just wasn't fun. Luckily the dev got fired and a guy who actually plays with the intent of making it onto the season leaderboards took over. So yeah, making the RMT work too well in a game ends with entropia or launch diablo and neither of those are things to aspire to.

• Locked thread