Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Five thousand entire dollars for the second-richest guy in the funny papers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

drat, Skye moves fast.

Non Sequitur

Good, 'cause I'm only in the third season.

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban

I feel bad for laughing really hard at that, and is that his whole butt back there?

9 Chickweed Lane 6/8/2004

I guess we're in for a few days of grumpy Gamma.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Well, I guess somebody has to do the Hakuna Matta thing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

Prince Valiant

drat it, girl! Did all my stories of my childhood teach you nothing about being an adventurous youth? No, no. I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (April 9, 1928)

And now, a very special Peanuts presentation. (June 3, 1968)

gently caress You, Les Moore

Assuming we're talking about a country club or a hotel ballroom (and not a sad-but-appropriate venue like the school gymnasium), how far in advance would someone even have to book for something like this? At the risk of feeling sympathy for Les Goddamn Moore, Cindy dumped this on him only a few weeks ago.

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (April 22-23, 1927)

The lighter side of hemorrhoids in the saddle!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

EasyEW posted:

gently caress You, Les Moore

Assuming we're talking about a country club or a hotel ballroom (and not a sad-but-appropriate venue like the school gymnasium), how far in advance would someone even have to book for something like this? At the risk of feeling sympathy for Les Goddamn Moore, Cindy dumped this on him only a few weeks ago.

They're going to hold the reunion at the bloody pizza place and everyone's going to have a great time and I hope Les chokes.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Venues like that usually need 6 months to a year ahead reservation, if you're lucky and it's a skeezy dive, maybe only 3 months.

Cul-de-sac

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What the hell have they been writing on the invitations? "Dear X, you are invited to join me in shame-wanking over a shrine to my dead wife, at a location to be determined. - Les"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

goatface posted:

What the hell have they been writing on the invitations? "Dear X, you are invited to join me in shame-wanking over a shrine to my dead wife, at a location to be determined. - Les"

They'll hold the reunion at Lisa's grave just to bring the whole thing full circle.

I ask again: who is Bautik writing this poo poo for besides himself?

The Dinette Set tries to diet.

Working Daze is also concerned with its health.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is chiseled.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin
So, hospital HR has some interesting anti-sexual harassment literature that is definitely up-to-date and topical to the workplace:

Remember, everyone deserves respect! Including Tiffany! Except when she tries to study or do something nice in which case shun her.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

That's pretty nice art, but I'm gonna call bullshit on this one. Dogs just don't care.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Just Don't Care Comix.

Pooch Café

Meanwhile, Chazz shits himself. You can get out of a lot of tickets by making GBS threads yourself right in front of the cop.

Ballard Street

An hour later that guy rode down the same street handing out 'complimentary punches to the head.' Eccentric millionaires are basically wizards, in both power and capriciousness.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes and art.

Ripley's

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

An hour later that guy rode down the same street handing out 'complimentary punches to the head.' Eccentric millionaires are basically wizards, in both power and capriciousness.

Kids in the Hall did it already!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Some extracurricular reading about Calvin and Hobbes.

Libby Hill at AV Club posted:

Calvin didn’t have trouble focusing on the world around him, he had trouble reconciling himself to the fact that the world around him was such a disappointment. The reason the strip appealed to people both young and old is because Calvin was feeling underwhelmed at a college graduate level. It’s not unheard of for children to experience this, particularly those who are more sensitive to their surroundings, and for many it was a relief to know that seeing the world without the luster and facade constantly created for us wasn’t so unusual. Calvin made it okay to be disheartened and disappointed by life and normalized the inherent loneliness that childhood can bring. He was there for us as we grew up and while we learned that things were capable of getting so much better and so much worse as we experienced puberty and beyond, he was still mired in the first grade, raging against the machine.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This is a really good article, but personally I love that it starts out slamming those stupid-rear end "Calvin takes his meds" comics.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Julet Esqu posted:

Big Ben Bolt

I love to see a Professor Peddle cameo, but I straight up guffawed at the Ape head-butting the heavy bag in the background.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

There's always a good reason for cake :smith:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

EasyEW posted:

Rip Haywire

I'm still hesitant about this reboot, but I do like that Rip is basically trying to fast-track everything back to how it was using his knowledge of the other characters.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Evilreaver posted:

There's always a good reason for cake :smith:
I could go for some candy right now.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
I just looked it up, and yes, today is Scott Adams' birthday.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Lets look for negative vibes among the inmates of a prison - that will really narrow things down! :downs:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Pogo (June 10, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Two (September 1-3, 1952)

His first impersonation. :allears:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I love me some Juliet Jones, and have been enjoying this story. Something about Dr. Parkady seemed... familiar. I finally placed it.

"Hideous monster that mothers tell their children to stay away from":

"Totally hot dude":

Basically Dr. Parkady is what a 9CL character would look like, rendered with actual lifelike artistic talent. Poor fella.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Incomplete sentences! Communicate only! Words and phrases! Negative vibes!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

HOW?

No, poo poo, I just used that.

??????????

Perfectamundo.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Oh, Inspector Danger. :allears:

Deep Dark Fears

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's the lady with the umbrella, because it isn't raining.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Phantom's idiot kids call him back and get him killed because his phone wasnt set to vibrate.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life
Would have worked better if Barry were visiting Skip.

Kammat posted:

Modesty Blaise - Those About to Die
:dance:

:allears:

Shai-Hulud posted:

But...if they are already in jail...why does it matter who the terrorists are? Just keep them all locked up until after the wedding.
I think they're worried that they might not have got all the terrorists, so they're hoping the ones they have will tell them who their co-conspirators are?

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Why exactly do you need to turn out the light for an activity that almost certainly will not involve removing any clothing?
Shame.

DoubleDonut posted:

Five thousand entire dollars for the second-richest guy in the funny papers
Second-richest? You're forgetting Daddy Warbucks, The Phantom, and the entire cast of Judge Parker. He's probably in the top ten though.

Mandrake the Magician (February 21st, 1943)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Tiggum posted:

Mandrake the Magician (February 21st, 1943)

"And then it turns out that it was a huge foot, and Mandrake actually changed size. Long live Mandrake, Giant Magician!"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ZeeToo posted:

Reply All
Well, it's either a Guru Meditation error so you just need to click the mouse to prompt a reboot and maybe buy a computer from this century, or it's a loose VGA cable.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban's Cats

9 Chickweed Lane 6/9/2004

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU