Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Viva Miriya posted:

Garnt The Brobarian, Koshka Narkotikov, and an ANIME gently caress PILLOW are KIA. Zephyrine has gotten one kill, Johnny Rah has 2 kills, and this one BDCI guy who tried to addict himself to heroin got 2 kills as well.

Aldani Toralen and Deadtear KIA with one kill each. Zephyrine, Aryndel Vyst, and Taxt Sariota both gained two kills. BDCI guy critically wounded and got a red heart for it. Everyone who survived got promoted to either sergeant or corporal. Lizard people really loving suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
i want kills too :qq:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

blowfish posted:

You got one kill on a dude i forgot to name who will now be you and just got promoted to corporal. Vyst/zephyrine/johnny rah/taxt/BDCI guy each got a kill. BDCI guy is finally dead even with body armour.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
Never played xenonauts, but I've been pissing about with enemy within lately, since that Xcom 2 trailer announcement. Good old days of "oh for gently caress's sake, my best sniper just died gently caress this game gently caress gently caress 30 hours down the drain". Ahhhh :negative:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

MorsAnima posted:

Never played xenonauts, but I've been pissing about with enemy within lately, since that Xcom 2 trailer announcement. Good old days of "oh for gently caress's sake, my best sniper just died gently caress this game gently caress gently caress 30 hours down the drain". Ahhhh :negative:

2 kills: Verneusses, Vyst
1 Kill: Zephyrine, Ian Praetorious
Promotions
Lieutenant: Vyst and Zephyrine
Sergeant: Ian, Verneusses, Taxt, Johnny Rah
Corporal: Calanthe

Medals: Vyst and Zephyrine Order of Gallantry for five ET kills.

Good job goons!

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Mandozer what the gently caress, put me in coach. I'll make you proud.

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

smertrioslol posted:

Mandozer what the gently caress, put me in coach. I'll make you proud.

I got you. Taxt, Vyst, Verneusses, and Johnny Rah are all lieutenants and coincidentally all out for a good part of the week. Taxt nearly died from bloodloss when a ayy lmao in a blue jumpsuit came around the shed and shot the poo poo out of him. He killed him but was down to 4 HP before ian praetorious could come around with the medkit to patch him up.

2 Kills: Vyst, Taxt
1 Kill: Zephyrine, Blowfish

Promotions:
Taxt to LT, blowfish to SGT.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
EVE has finally gotten so bad and boring that even the EVE thread won't talk about it unless it's imported drama.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Is AFK ishtar still working? Or are there similar passive ways to make space jam? I'm considering coming back after a year vacation, but I gave away all my assets. I'm poor.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

oh god there are reapers this mission, hope you motherfuckers don't get poked

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

William Stoner posted:

Is AFK ishtar still working? Or are there similar passive ways to make space jam? I'm considering coming back after a year vacation, but I gave away all my assets. I'm poor.
There's new fits but it works pretty much the same way.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Viva Miriya posted:

Aldani Toralen and Deadtear KIA with one kill each.

hahaha

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Viva Miriya posted:

He killed him but was down to 4 HP before ian praetorious could come around with the medkit to patch him up.

I'm surprised Ian was sober enough to do that.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

William Stoner posted:

Yep, it still works, although the Rattlesnake is even better these days.

CashEnsign posted:

Boosting makes sense. Having a skill that determines how many nerds you can have in fleet, however, is dumb.

Not really -- I've never seen a good lore explanation for boosting, especially of the offgrid variety. "Hooray, you have some random gently caress in the same system as you, not even the same grid, and you're now magically better at EVERYTHING." And ignoring the lore, it's a pretty loving terrible mechanic too; not only is it a barrier to entry for pvp (since everyone and their loving mom in lowsec has OGBs these days) but it's loving boring. I warp to a safe and turn on modules and jack off while frantically mashing Scan every 2 seconds to look for combat probes, yaaaaaaaaay~

The day that CCP announces nerfing -- or, better yet, complete removal -- of boosting, I'll be in heaven and handing out free handies. And that's coming from someone who has sunk 11M SP into Leadership on three different accounts.

Chomp8645 posted:

EVE has finally gotten so bad and boring that even the EVE thread won't talk about it unless it's imported drama.

It's more that even when I goodpost, it just gets drowned out by all the butthurt ex-Goons trying to derail it. My last fittings post went entirely unnoticed amidst the shitposts. So I'm just biding my time and waiting for this thread to be put in its grave, and I'll pick up posting again when a new Eve thread gets created.

On a side note, when all of r/eve agrees with Mittens, it's probably time to admit that Garr Khan Might Have Done Something Wrong. (Seriously, join MOA or something, your posting has become pretty monochrome -- right around 589nm.)

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

MorsAnima posted:

Xenonauts is unironically the best com game to come out in the last 10 years, you should try it.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

ullerrm posted:

On a side note, when all of r/eve agrees with Mittens, it's probably time to admit that Garr Khan Might Have Done Something Wrong. (Seriously, join MOA or something, your posting has become pretty monochrome -- right around 589nm.)

If there was a thread as bad as this one its that one.

In other news your fitting advice doesnt get drowned out, pretty much every jabber channel starts talking about it as soon as you post a fit :sun:

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

ullerrm posted:

I already joined TEST. Hopefully this time I've found an organization that doesn't refuse to recognize & tap the unique talents I bring.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

https://beta.eve-kill.net/kill/47138683/

So uh, what happened here?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Viva Miriya posted:

oh god there are reapers this mission, hope you motherfuckers don't get poked

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I'm surprised Ian was sober enough to do that.

Rip LT Ian Praetorius, pwned to death by a lizard dude with a shotgun. Calanthe also died drawing fire so we could capture an alien officer. Zephyrine is badly wounded and got a medal for it.

People that got a kill this mission: Vyst, Zephyring, Verneusses (grats on your promotion to LT brah), Blowfish, and SMERTRIOSLOL (grats CPL).

Notes: Vyst nearly died to a reaper whilst Calanthe pulled shockjock duty to knock it the gently caress out when it moved RIGHT BEHIND HIM. Sigma Squad best squad, rip in piss dear.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

BASE DEFENSE MISSION!

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/198729-wts-archon-with-free-ccc-rigs/

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Viva Miriya posted:

BASE DEFENSE MISSION!

I need like a buncha names for the garrison duders who i'll be outfitting with machineguns and poo poo to HOLD THE LINE.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
What game is this thread about again?

Was that Eve Online, a sci-fi spaceship game? Or is someone changing this to be some new (and most likely better) game.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
If you are thinking about playing eve, this thread is the worst part of said game.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

blablablabla posted:

If you are thinking about playing eve, this thread is the worst part of said game.

Wrong, playing solo is the worst. That, or mining. or pre-fozie sov. Not even all this bad posting comes close to how bad Eve can be.

But, posting about other games in this thread, that is something awful.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
"This game is so bad that I can barely stand to talk about it much less play it. However I will continue giving the developer $15 every month while not playing their game because I don't want to fall behind on skill training"

- A Discerning Gamer

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
When you fucks beat r/eve then you can claim the "worst eve posters" title.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

blablablabla posted:

as someone who doesnt play EVE i still know that the game is easily the worst part of the game along with goon leadership

the thread is good and owns

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eonwe posted:

as someone who doesnt play EVE i still know that the game is easily the worst part of the game along with goon leadership

the thread is good and owns

eh, the leadership takes itself too loving seriously a lot of the time but generally they're trying to do the right thing for the majority of people, which is Goons Getting To gently caress Around In Bad Game with no real strings attached. There are some that try to power trip but honestly aside from some awful pubtrashosity that is mostly confined to their director channels it's better than it normally is.

I say this having been a director from mid 2006ish till whenever darius JOHNSON fired me I think 2008 or 9 because I was loving with an exceedingly pubbie director (who eventually gave roles to a newbie who stole a bunch of poo poo lmbo) and he told me to "find a space job" and didn't like my response of "gently caress you, give me something to do".

That said I love the guy (darius JOHNSON) to death irl he's just a tremendously stick in the mud rear end in a top hat online.

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 8, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Mostly I just post to be mean I'm sure there are some coll directors let's be honest I'm talking out of my rear end

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Chomp8645 posted:

"This game is so bad that I can barely stand to talk about it much less play it. However I will continue giving the developer $15 every month while not playing their game because I don't want to fall behind on skill training"

Eonwe posted:

Mostly I just post to be mean I'm sure there are some coll directors let's be honest I'm talking out of my rear end

Strictly speaking, I'm a Goon director. :smith:

(I'm just low-key, because I join everyone else's squads instead of starting my own elitist circlejerk :P)

blowfish posted:

Get out of Deklein, then. :P

Speaking of actually killing poo poo in an Internet Spaceships Game, I've been pleasantly surprised by how the changes to armor plates and MWDs have opened up some ships that were previously underperforming. Restrained 1600mm + compact MWD on a Stabber Fleet Issue makes for an absurdly fast heavy armor tackler.

Also, TIL about the 1000dps polarized HAM gank Tengu. I have to try this :getin:

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
Someone catch me up on all this poo poo post and then gas thread.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
Whatever the reasons for kicking BOS (and they have been discussed to death at this point) the leadership seem to have failed to understand that people would be angry because they're effectively being told the nerd equivalent of "you can't go out and play with those Smith kids anymore because his dad isn't pulling his weight at the communal farm".

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ullerrm posted:

Strictly speaking, I'm a Goon director. :smith:

(I'm just low-key, because I join everyone else's squads instead of starting my own elitist circlejerk :P)

Merge topgoon and space violence and put ullerrm in charge against his will.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Viva Miriya posted:

I need like a buncha names for the garrison duders who i'll be outfitting with machineguns and poo poo to HOLD THE LINE.

After much savescumming cause all my good soldiers were dying, and cause i forgot to give GARRISON TROOPS the proper ammunition we've won.

Promotions:
Zephyrine is now the highest ranking Xenonaut at the rank of Captain
Blowfish and Johnny Rah made Lieutenant

Everyone got a medal for base defense. One nameless nerd died. I now need names to go with all the guys who defended this place since a bunch of nobodies got promoted.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

darthzeta88 posted:

Someone catch me up on all this poo poo post and then gas thread.

'twould be such a shame, too: the OP was so good, and filled with such promise.

I have an Abaddon and TFI laying around Deklein from doctrines of ages past. Are either able to be used in any sort of solo/home defense capacity? I don't want to SRP-fraud them, but I do want to do something with them.

If shipping them to Jita to sell to pubbies is my best bet, I could live with that, too.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Rhymenoserous posted:

Then he might as well be running Rote again.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eonwe posted:

I'm fully aware, I just felt like...not defending I guess? but attempting to explain stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Rhymenoserous posted:

Unironically this.

• Locked thread