Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Can Captain Falcon jump off of walls? I think I've seen my amiibo do it but I can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

When you jump on a wall press the stick in the opposite direction of the wall, instead of pressing jump.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Smash live stream with "new content" on 6/14 at 7:40 pst, two days before their conference :raise:

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Smash live stream with "new content" on 6/14 at 7:40 pst, two days before their conference :raise:

Yeah it's Lucas.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Finally, K. Rool is klaiming his turf.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Macaluso posted:

Kan't Wait.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Szmitten posted:

Yeah it's Lucas.

They already announced Lucas' release date though. It wouldn't surprise me if it was mostly about Lucas and the patch content (Miiverse stage, costumes, and maybe tournament mode) but ended with a trailer for the next DLC fighter and/or stage. A Ryu announcement would be pretty sweet, but they might be saving that for the thing they're supposedly doing at that tournament.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Macaluso posted:

im shaking

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Not to be a killjoy but I couldn't be less excited about Lucas. Hope that there are some cooler announcements in there.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

I think there will be info on the next DLC character(s) or a Tournament Mode feature.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

only giving DLC characters that were in previous iterations would be a colossal loving waste

they should also do something else with those dumb amiibos, like maybe I can enter them in Tourney mode to finally find out which AI is the superior one that eventually turns into Skynet

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

only giving DLC characters that were in previous iterations would be a colossal loving waste

they should also do something else with those dumb amiibos, like maybe I can enter them in Tourney mode to finally find out which AI is the superior one that eventually turns into Skynet

I don't have a problem with original franchise characters making a return (Ice Climbers) but franchises who already have multiple representations need to let other Nintendo titles get some love. I can understand why Mario and Pokemon get like a fifth of the roster each though, those don't count because those franchises are loving enormous

(Birdo for Smash)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I want Pokemon Trainer.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

mabels big day posted:

I want Pokemon Trainer.

He died.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I want the kid from Startropics. Yoyos, bolas, baseball-related weapons. Could be fun.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Bob Socko posted:

I want the kid from Startropics. Yoyos, bolas, baseball-related weapons. Could be fun.

mabels big day posted:

I want Pokemon Trainer.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Finally, K. Rool is klaiming his turf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pm4fQRl72k

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Make no mistake: i dont want ivysaur or squirtle, I want the drat trainer to join the fray.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Make no mistake: i dont want ivysaur or squirtle, I want the drat trainer to join the fray.

Watching an 11 year old kid swing his fists wildly before getting the poo poo beaten out of him by Little Mac while Ivysaur and Squirtle cry in the background would be worth a character slot

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

mabels big day posted:

I'd rather they add Ditto. Each attack turns him into a different Pokemon for that one move, then back again. It would be completely absurd.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'd rather have Snake than Ryu.

My only concern over all the Konami drama is how it affects Snake's chances of returning in Smash.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Only if there's male and female skins from each generation

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

Watching an 11 year old kid swing his fists wildly before getting the poo poo beaten out of him by Little Mac while Ivysaur and Squirtle cry in the background would be worth a character slot

Actually, Pokemon trainers are fit individuals, with access to many powerful tools such as fishing rods and bikes.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Echo Chamber posted:

I'd rather have Snake than Ryu.

My only concern over all the Konami drama is how it affects Snake's chances of returning in Smash.

Well, Konami is apparently no longer a video game company so why would they want their character in a video game

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Only if there's male and female skins from each generation

That goes without saying.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

the wildest rear end posted:

Actually, Pokemon trainers are fit individuals, with access to many powerful tools such as fishing rods and bikes.

Yeah I guess if they could make the loving Animal Crossing Villager a killing machine they could make a Pokemon-less Pokemon trainer work

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Getting the Smash Bros DLC stuff out of the way before E3 itself is probably smart, they get a full news cycle to hype people up about Roy and Ryu or whatever before their big new game announcements start rolling out for E3. Will be a cool stream.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Macaluso posted:

They're going to show Lucas' moves and a whole bunch of lovely Mii Fighter costumes no one wants and maybe a trailer for a dumb character at the end.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
please understand

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sire Oblivion posted:

They're going to show Lucas' moves and a whole bunch of lovely Mii Fighter costumes no one wants and maybe a trailer for a dumb character at the end.

I'm excited.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

elf help book posted:

I'm excited.

me too

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

TheKingofSprings posted:

Well, Konami is apparently no longer a video game company so why would they want their character in a video game

I'd think not making their own video games would make them more likely to license out their properties.

"You want to pay us so you can use this character we're never going to do anything with? Sure whatever, just don't ask us to do any of the work."

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

sakurai is going to talk about his justification for each character's position on the character select for 15 minutes

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit are all together because they're going to be the stars of his new three player co-op game to be announced at the Nintendo Digital Event next week.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

sharrrk posted:

sakurai is going to talk about his justification for each character's position on the character select for 15 minutes

Looking forward to him explaining the clone corner bullshit

And Kirby not centered in the roster? Biggest scandal of the generation

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Szmitten posted:

Yeah it's Lucas.

It said "new content" not "recycled toilet water"

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
new content: big buy button at character select to buy out stupid poo poo.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

drat. Got 'em.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Dizz posted:

new content: big buy button at character select to buy out stupid poo poo.

Good. I want to buy all the stupid poo poo.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I'm still holding out the very slimmest hope that a Wonderful 101 character gets in. As a costume if nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
WHEre is the irc. did you all die. are we alll bored

• Locked thread