Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

So... apparently, my extra room at the Doubletree San Diego Mission Valley (Twin) is STILL up for grabs (even though they said there was a deadline on the thing). Anyone know of someone still scrambling for space?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
I had a dream last night that someone mailed me a 4-day badge anonymously.

Then I woke up to reality and cried

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Checking Travel Planners' site pays off. I just saw that a room opened up at Town and Country and snagged that (I had a room in Mission Valley but Town and Country is nicer, cheaper, and has a better time on the shuttle).

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Checking Travel Planners' site pays off. I just saw that a room opened up at Town and Country and snagged that (I had a room in Mission Valley but Town and Country is nicer, cheaper, and has a better time on the shuttle).

It's also where they do badge pick up, and is across from the first stop on the bus so you can get off and just cross the street.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

Soarer posted:

It's also where they do badge pick up, and is across from the first stop on the bus so you can get off and just cross the street.

That entered into my decision as well.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
There will be a Nerd HQ this year. No word on the location yet.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I need to keep up, I would have bought early bird tix for this.
https://www.venno.com/event/a-new-boat

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Germans love David Hasslehoff and now you can too
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/david-hasselhoff-perform-at-comic-798305

Also, Nerd HQ is moving to the New Children's Museum.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/27/zachary-levis-nerd-hq-returns-to-san-diego-comic-con-2015

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
I guess it's a step up for him from driving around outside the con in a bus.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

bobula posted:

I guess it's a step down from him from playing on the Berlin wall

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
There's a last chance for hotels right now. Nothing downtown.
http://comic-con.org/cci/hotels

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Matty Collector looks pretty lame this year
http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayShopperDefinedBundlePage/OfferID.45109475001

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Fox announced their television panels.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/comic-con-2015-complete-tv-799142

AMERICAN HORROR STORY & SCREAM QUEENS (FX/Fox): In a joint panel, the stars of Fox’s upcoming horror comedy anthology Scream Queens — Jamie Lee Curtis, Emma Roberts, Lea Michele, Skyler Samuels and Keke Palmer — will join American Horror Story: Freak Show/Hotel‘s Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Matt Bomer for a joint Q&A.

BOB’S BURGERS (Fox) Creator/EP Loren Bouchard, EP Jim Dauterive and stars H. Jon Benjamin, Dan MIntz, Eugene Mirman, John Roberts, Kristen Schaal and Larry Murphy will unveil new footage ahead of a Q&A.

DAMIEN (A&E) Executive producer Glen Mazzara will offer a first look at The Omen follow-up with stars Bradley James, Barbara Hershey, Megalyn Echikunwoke and Omid Abtahi — who will all be joined by a special guest.

THE LAST MAN ON EARTH (Fox) Will Forte, Kristen Schaal, January Jones and EP Chris Miller will look back on season one and preview season two.

SALEM (WGN America) Stars Shane West, Janet Montgomery, Seth Gabel, Ashley Madekwe and Iddo Goldberg will join EPs Brannon Braga and Adam Simon for a look back at season two.

FAMILY GUY/AMERICAN DAD/BORDERTOWN (Fox/TBS/Fox) Seth MacFarlane will, for the first time, participate in a SDCC panel for the upcoming seasons of Family Guy, American Dad and offer a first look at Fox’s new comedy Bordertown. He’ll be joined by the casts and producers of each show, including: Seth Green, Alex Borstein, Mike Henry, Scott Grimes, Dee Bradley Baker, Wendy Schaal, Rich Appel, Steve Callaghan, Matt Weitzman and Brian Boyle as well as Bordertown‘s Missi Pyle, Nicholas Gonzalez, and Mark Hentemann.

SEX&DRUGS&ROCK&ROLL (FX) The Denis Leary comedy will make its SDCC debut with a screening and panel with Leary, Elizabeth Gillies, John Corbett, Elaine Hendrix, Robert Kelly and John Ales.

THE SIMPSONS (Fox) The longest-running comedy in TV history will preview “Treehouse of Horror XXVI” with creator Matt Groening, EPs Al Jean and Matt Selman, supervising director Mike Anderson, director David Silverman and voice star Nancy Cartwright.

SLEEPY HOLLOW (Fox) Tom Mison, Nicole Beharie, Lyndie Greenwood and the executive producers will offer a first-look at season three.

MINORITY REPORT (Fox) The freshman drama will have its world premiere screening followed by a Q&A with stars Stark Sands, Meagan Good and other cast and producers.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
http://teamcoco.com/comiccon/tickets-update1
Ticket's for Conan tapings will be happening soon

Preregister at 1iota.com and subscribe to the Team Coco newsletter to be alerted when (the free) tickets are released.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Very tempting, especially considering it's a free show. It would be at the top of my list if I didn't have a badge that day.

I'm a little sad that The Old Republic isn't sponsoring an open bar this year. The Cantina Crawl event a couple years ago was one of my favorite Con experiences ever. The only thing better than a hundred nerds getting together is a hundred plastered nerds getting together.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Cool! I'm hoping to get a Wednesday or Saturday ticket to the Conan tapings. I never doing anything early Thursday or Sunday anyway.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
Can anyone tell me how picking up Pro and guest badges works? I know I'll need my photo ID and barcode to pick up my badge, but will my guest have to be there with me and have their ID when I pick up?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Funko Fun Days on sale now.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/funko-fun-days-2015-tickets-17179576576

ElmerTheWasabi posted:

Can anyone tell me how picking up Pro and guest badges works? I know I'll need my photo ID and barcode to pick up my badge, but will my guest have to be there with me and have their ID when I pick up?

Last year, I walked with a guest who picked up his pro's badge as well as the other guests.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ElmerTheWasabi posted:

No, they just give you all the badges you registered under your name.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
Awesome, good to hear. Thanks goons.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

x-post from figures thread:

quote:

SDCC exclusive for Marvel Legends this year is Dr Strange based.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/06/04/hasbro-doctor-strange-comic-con-exclusive/28478605/

The article has pictures of everything but It's a 5 piece set that's held together by a book of Vishanti.
The figures included are astral Strange, Brother Blood, Dormammu, Magik and Hela. Plus a wearable Eye of Agamotto.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
When does badge pickup start on Preview Night? I'm a Creative Pro and I'm staying at the Town and Country. Trying to figure out which train to catch to get there in time.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Hijinks Ensue posted:

When does badge pickup start on Preview Night? I'm a Creative Pro and I'm staying at the Town and Country. Trying to figure out which train to catch to get there in time.

95% sure you can get your badge at the T&C.
In the past, I've seen reports of badges as early as noon.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

T&C definitely will have badge pick-up. The official time of pick up is 3 PM but the convention center always lets people pick up early, T&C usually forces the wait until 3.

As a creative pro, if you want in earlier, grab at the convention center. If you just want to get your badge, just wait until 3:30-4 and go downstairs. They're usually really quick about getting people through so the line clears up fast once it's moving.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Cool, thanks. One more question - how late does badge pickup go till on Preview Night?

Hijinks Ensue fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 7, 2015

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Previous years you've been able to grab it until about 8:30 at least at the convention center.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
For those of you taking the train home, reserved business class seats are all gone.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Warner Bros may have accidentally leaked their own SDCC line up.
https://comiccon.thewb.com/wbtv-social-media-contacts/

Shows listed as follows (bold = new):
The 100
Arrow
Big Bang Theory
Children's Hospital
The Flash
Gotham
iZombie
The Originals
Person of Interest
Supernatural
Vampire Diaries
Blindspot
Containment
Lucifer
Supergirl
Mike Tyson Mysteries
Teen Titans Go

I would expect the bold to be preview night pilots

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

RevKrule posted:

Blindspot

"The series focuses on a mysterious tattooed woman who has lost her memory and doesn't know her own identity. The FBI discovers that each tattoo contains a clue to a crime they will have to solve"

Oh, c'mon. Really?

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

General public purchasing for parking is now available at Ace if anyone was still needing to purchase, like we were.

http://space.aceparking.com/events

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So what would be the best way to sell my badge? I think I have to at this point.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

bobula posted:

I had a dream last night that someone mailed me a 4-day badge anonymously.

Then I woke up to reality and cried

Sire Oblivion posted:

So what would be the best way to sell my badge? I think I have to at this point.

You'll have to go down and at least pick up the badge to sell it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr Tran posted:

You'll have to go down and at least pick up the badge to sell it.

I have two friends that are going and they're getting their badges through me, so I have to go regardless. At this point I have nowhere to stay and they booked an AirBnB for just themselves as I thought other plans but those fell through.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Sire Oblivion posted:

I have two friends that are going and they're getting their badges through me, so I have to go regardless. At this point I have nowhere to stay and they booked an AirBnB for just themselves as I thought other plans but those fell through.

You can't stay with them? You'd think with an AirBnB, you'd at least have a couch you could crash on.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Hate double posting but CCI posted a list of 20 tips for SDCC. This is pretty normal poo poo except for two huge changes: rolly bags and selfie sticks are not allowed anymore. Both of these are real positives except that my wife was going to dress as a stewardess next year to have a rolly bag to carry poo poo around. At least the playing field is leveled for everyone now.

Here's the full list:
http://comic-con.org/toucan/01-lets-get-ready-comic-con-2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Sire Oblivion posted:

I'll take it off your hands if there isnt a goon who needs it more

tbqh I'm slightly on the fence myself since my hotel situation is up in the air. I'm in LA though so San Diego isn't that far anyway

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

RevKrule posted:

selfie sticks are not allowed anymore.

That is awesome. Every place is banning those stupid things now.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Can they ban 3 wide or 2x2 mega strollers next please?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Does anyone know if infants are included in the comicon children policy? Website is written more like it is geared to kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

xxEightxx posted:

Does anyone know if infants are included in the comicon children policy? Website is written more like it is geared to kids.

Children 12 and under free. Seems like most venues are like that

• Locked thread