Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

African AIDS cum posted:

If we all voluntarily went back to not having these devices would anyone's quality of life decrease? I don't think so.

Yeah, the mapping function has enabled me to get around significantly easier (albeit with Google Maps, not Apple's) and has effectively made unintentionally getting lost in a city a thing of the past.

That's just one example that comes to mind.

e: Apple Watch loving sucks, what a waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

watchOS, whatever.
What about music subscriptions, Apple? :argh:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Don Lapre posted:

If you want functionality i think you picked the wrong horse.
I went back to a Nexus 5 from an iPhone 6 due to such issues. It's a bit maddening that the phone has this ability but they refuse to unlock it. The jailbreak community has had no luck either.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sue posted:

watchOS, whatever.
What about music subscriptions, Apple? :argh:

Guaranteed they're going to do a "one more thing".

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!
And the countdown begins for the first app that allows you to make fart noises on your iPhone while it's still in your pocket.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Three Olives posted:

Rupert isn't some loony ultra conservative, he is just a crass business man. Fox News isn't so much a Murdock thing as it is a Roger Alies thing who is in fact a loony ultra conservative that Rupert is even scared of. Basically Fox News runs mostly completely autonomously from News Corp and is generally considered an incredibly profitable nightmare for News Corp.

Fun Fact: Roger Alies has bullet proof glass installed in his office because he is afraid that gays would try kill him. Seriously, he is literally afraid of being physically attacked by gay people.

I was aware but it's not like Rupe's exactly a paragon of bipartisanship.

It was also the implied quality.

Steve: "The newspaper for the future, from the people who brought you the Daily Mail and New York Post!" :haw:

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I for one would like a Google Play Music All Access-like service for less than the $10 a month Google if charging me. We'll see what happens. One More Thing please.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
I wonder if there are people in the back frantically trying to get the Apple TV ready for "one more thing" :D

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Complications for a complicated watch

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

looking forward to my shanghai smog watch face

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Want a Detroit Decay->Gentrification timelapse face.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Michael Scott posted:

I for one would like a Google Play Music All Access-like service for less than the $10 a month Google if charging me. We'll see what happens. One More Thing please.

You should have joined earlier, I only pay $8. :)

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I miss the old MacWorlds with Steve doing a "one more thing" and it was actually a significant hardware update/release.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Multiple colors for the dumb finger sketch thing that no one ever uses.

Killer app.

LupercanaliusAB
Oct 21, 2008
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! SIRI! Get me a doughnut, for I have unlocked Jogger Achievement.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Does anyone on earth actually use Facetime Audio?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Left the liveblogs to watch The Martian trailers and came back to not much.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
apple watch medals...

let us stamp the day complete like the Wii Fit thanks tim

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

Three Olives posted:

I do when I want to call my mom who is abroad. It's 100% then a regular call

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
"Hmm one of the many complaints about ~apple symbol~ Watch is that only one watch face actually has the kind of glanceable info people would expect to see on their smartwatch. Let's snidely call those features Complications and quickly move on to a hella cool time lapse photo watch face."

Edit: vvv Yeah FT audio is pretty great if you're a dumbass on Sprint like myself.

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!

Three Olives posted:

I use it more often than phone calls on people that I know have iPhones. The voice quality is better.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Finally a way to quickly keep track of my Coke Reward points.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Three Olives posted:

facetime audio is so high fidelity I feel like I'm in the same room as the person. it's seriously amazing.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Three Olives posted:

It is good when LTE is dead in both participant's areas and they have wifi. Otherwise, Facetime Audio kinda cuts out a lot, even on wifi. Though the quality is obviously impressive.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
watchOS features only available on apple watch 2 (or selected Apple Watch Edition trims).

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Three Olives posted:

Yes it owns.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The Apple watch will never catch on

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Three Olives posted:

I do all the time when I'm on my computer/ipad and I get a phone call. Because Apple decided to route their continuity phone features through FaceTime for some reason.

Works pretty solidly tho.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Please don't play audio from your Apple Watch speaker.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Watch OS Magic Words are "bettery life"
EDIT: I'm actually not gonna fix that. Make it better.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

African AIDS cum posted:

The Apple watch will never catch on

not even the audience are interested

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Caseman posted:

Watch OS Magic Words are "bettery life"
EDIT: I'm actually not gonna fix that. Make it better.

We know you have concerns about how long you can use your devices. And we hear you. We're very excited to announce our new initiative, "Bettery Life."

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

The Apple watchiphone will never catch on

They'll chuck billions of dollars at it until it does, and it'll probably suck a little less by that point

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Siri is still so slow that there's no point in using it.

Then again, I'm not a man in his 50s, making six figures a year, so I don't wear a watch anyway.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sue posted:

Siri is still so slow that there's no point in using it.

Then again, I'm not a man in his 50s, making six figures a year, so I don't wear a watch anyway.

Watches always got in the way of my typing.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

This dude has a lot of young Asian female friends

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

If someone gave me an Apple Watch, I'm sure I'd think it was awesome. Not for hundreds of dollars though.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I wonder if they're gonna stick to the April release cycle for the watch because it seems weird to put out a new product with a 6 month old OS.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

So, another yearly OS update for the fall, because Apple hasn't spread itself thin enough yet. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
Oh poo poo one more thing

• Locked thread