Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Tunicate posted:

We got our yearbooks after graduation.

So no time to sign them.

My school did not have its poo poo together.

That happened to us, too. But they had prepared a little blank booklet with an adhesive edge for signatures that you could slip into the yearbook after you recurved yours, so that was nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

quote:

"My friend and I were backpacking through Costa Rica about 10 years ago and had found this beautiful little island with just one small hotel on it where we ended up spending a chunk of our trip. The waiters were charming and handsome and ended up talking to us many evenings as we were the youngest people there and usually the last to leave the bar. One night they were nicer than usual and bought us drink after drink, getting more and more familiar with us over the course of the night. I spoke spanish fluently, unbeknownst to our generous friends. Over the course of the evening they discussed in hushed whispers in spanish how they would get us drunk and take advantage of us. I tipped half my drinks into the bushes and sat smiling and laughing as the night wore on. Finally, after a moonlight walk down an empty pristine beach they made their move. As the waiter leaned in to kiss me I sweetly whispered in his ear in spanish that I had understood everything he said, was not drunk, and there was no chance he was setting a mother loving finger on me or my friend. I advised his friend as well and specified that my friend needed a beautiful night like this, bouncing back from a bad breakup that prompted the trip. They brought us back to our room and to this day my friend wistfully talks about that incredibly romantic night."

I too let potential rapists take me somewhere secluded before delivering witty putdowns, but not before making sure that my friend is already drunk.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Doubtful Guest posted:

I too let potential rapists take me somewhere secluded before delivering witty putdowns, but not before making sure that my friend is already drunk.

"Hey Jose, let's get these two chicks drunk"!

"Yeah, and then take advantage of them."

"Whoa. You sure, Jose? What if they speak Spanish?"

"There's no chance they speak Spanish, as they are in a hotel in a very off-the-beaten-path place and not a tourist hotspot."

"Good point! Now, on to the advantage-taking!"

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Doubtful Guest posted:

If you tell a rapist that you know that they are trying to rape you then they won't rape you because they'll be embarrassed.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

jodai posted:

If you tell a rapist that you know that they are trying to rape you then they won't rape you because they'll be embarrassed.

Dora the Explorer for adults is terrifying

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

So on her trip staying at an 'off the beaten track' hotel, she doesn't speak any spanish to get around or order food and drinks, anything, but hides it so she can use it to bust rapists? I always thought tourists who could speak the language made a big point of doing so to show how well traveled they are.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

jodai posted:

They p much follow the same rules as the ghosts in Super Mario

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

so happy he CRIED

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

so happy he CRIED

Holy poo poo, that's obnoxious.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I think I've cried exactly once in the past six months, and it was at a sad part on a TV show in the comfort of my own home. Do people really burst into tears that easily, or am I a robot?

And would Uber really hire a deaf driver? Much less one prone to crying jags?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Crow Jane posted:

I think I've cried exactly once in the past six months, and it was at a sad part on a TV show in the comfort of my own home. Do people really burst into tears that easily, or am I a robot?

And would Uber really hire a deaf driver? Much less one prone to crying jags?

Uber gives zero fucks as long as you have a license. Not sure if it has to be for driving.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
They definitely have deaf drivers and special services for deaf passengers.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Crow Jane posted:

I did before the SSRIs took hold. Now I'm a robot. :downs:

I've helped deaf library patrons and not one of them broke down sobbing in thanks, not even the guy who needed the first aid kit.

EDIT: hard-pressed to think of a Magic deck that costs thousands of dollars. FLGS stdh makes me grumpy.

I brought my Drake has a new favorite as of 06:11 on Jun 9, 2015

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Doubtful Guest posted:

The best defense against rape is a bon mot, it works 100% of the time. Especially effective when in areas devoid of other people.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

When somebody insults my girlfriend I also let it happen and just teach her how to play cards.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

A Ham-Handed Approach To Religious Sensitivity
Cafe | Montreal, QC, Canada | Crazy Requests, Food & Drink, Religion

(I am working in a café-type chain that specializes in cinnamon-based, circular baked goods, but we also serve sandwiches, crepes, etc. A woman in a hijab comes up and orders a ham and cheese crepe.)

Me: “Right away, ma’am!”

(I start making the food, then realize she is most likely Muslim, and ham is a pork product, so I go back to her.)

Me: “Ma’am, I’m very sorry but I just wanted to double check: are you a practicing Muslim? Because ham is a pork product and I know that it is prohibited. If so I have no problems making one with turkey or chicken, or even a vegetarian one for you.”

Customer: “How DARE you ask me about my religion? I’m going to file a complaint about this for your discrimination!”

Me: “I’m very sorry. I don’t believe I was being discriminatory. I just wanted to make sure you weren’t going to eat something you shouldn’t be eating…”

Customer: “I know what I f****** ordered! Just give me my food!”

Me: “Oookey dokey, right away.”

(I finish making her ham and cheese crepe, and bring it to her where she’s seated.)

Customer: “People like you sicken me.”

(After three or so bites, she storms up to me, slams the food down directly onto the counter, yelling at me:)

Customer: “I SHOULD HAVE YOU FIRED FOR THIS! LOOK AT THIS! THIS IS PIG MEAT!”

(After a few minutes of this lady yelling at me, with me apologizing and explaining the situation, the owner (a practicing Muslim from Lebanon) shows up and asks what’s going on. I explain what happened, he then asks the woman, and she immediately goes on a rant in Arabic to him. Another few minutes later, he says two sentences in Arabic to her, she looks extremely angry and storms away.)

Me: “What did you say to her?”

Owner: “I told her that although she does have ears and a brain, she clearly has many years to go before she actually knows how to use them.”

(Needless to say we never saw her again.)

"café-type chain that specializes in cinnamon-based, circular baked goods"

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Totally plausible. Not really remarkable though, and posting it for Internet Points makes it a little suspect.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Shintaro posted:

Totally plausible. Not really remarkable though, and posting it for Internet Points makes it a little suspect.

It's as plausible as someone winning their first game of chess against a professional chess player. Or she spent like a whole month of her life doing nothing but playing Magic Online and reading guides and stuff. There is no way in hell a person could build a decent competitive deck right after learning basic rules. MtG is convoluted as gently caress.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007
Oh, whoops, I glossed over the part where she built her own deck and such. I figured she'd just been handed a gimmick deck by the boyfriend and then also managed to get lucky with it.

The plausible part I was thinking of was the sexism and manchild response. We all know that poo poo does happen.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Damned right Snape wouldn't do this.

quote:

Wouldn’t Find Snape Doing That
HIGH SCHOOL | BAVARIA, GERMANY | AWESOME, BIZARRE/SILLY, GEEKS RULE, TEACHERS
(No one in class did the homework.)

Teacher: “This is unacceptable! You need to be punished! How should I punish you? I will put a chaos curse upon you!”

(Waves his arms and mumbles in some cryptic gibberish. The whole class stares at him, completely baffled.)

Teacher: *smugly folding his arms and leaning back* “There you go. You only have yourself to blame.”

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

quote:

AWESOME, BIZARRE/SILLY, GEEKS RULE, TEACHERS

Uh... Not sure those are the tags I'd have gone with but yeah sure why not.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

so happy he CRIED

What are they crying about?! :psyduck:

Also if I have to thank a deaf person, I just say thank you.

WaltherFeng has a new favorite as of 11:33 on Jun 9, 2015

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Paladinus posted:

It's as plausible as someone winning their first game of chess against a professional chess player. Or she spent like a whole month of her life doing nothing but playing Magic Online and reading guides and stuff. There is no way in hell a person could build a decent competitive deck right after learning basic rules. MtG is convoluted as gently caress.

Her boyfriend is John Magic, the creator of Magic cards.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Khazar-khum posted:

BAVARIA, GERMANY
Yeah right, like they'd let someone who practises witchcraft be a teacher.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

jodai posted:

Her boyfriend is John [Card Game] the creator of [Card Game] cards.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Left my printer without a passcode. My neighbors sent me a message.

Sure sure buddy

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

One last thing about that travel story... she knows these waiters are trying to get them drunk so they can take advantage or whatever, and decides that even though shes only drinking half what they bring her that she and her friend should still go away with them (they went far enough that they had to drive them back)?

So her pal could feel good after a breakup? Nothing says 'bounce back' then your bestie putting you at risk for rape.

And theagic story... these guys are spending thousands of dollars then they are probably netdecking (finding out what broken mechanic some pro uses) their builds and theres no way some new person is going to just piece together a deck at random and beat them.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

EmmyOk posted:

Sure sure buddy

LOOK AT ME I AM HAVING SEX I AM A SEX HAVER RIDICULOUS SEX SEEEEEEEEX

:rolleyes:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

LOOK AT ME I AM HAVING SEX I AM A SEX HAVER RIDICULOUS SEX SEEEEEEEEX

:rolleyes:

All-Pro Sexman

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Sure sure buddy

Man that would piss me off, that's a lot of wasted ink

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Postal Parcel posted:

The best defense against rape is a bon mot, it works 100% of the time. Especially effective when in areas devoid of other people.

Pithy replies, the bane of all violent men

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

EmmyOk posted:

Sure sure buddy

I like the pink calendar with girly handwriting as a subtle clue that the OP is not only a sex-haver, she's a :siren:FEMALE:siren: sex-haver.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Linked because I don't want to trip a word filter. What a creep.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

WaltherFeng posted:

What are they crying about?! :psyduck:

Also if I have to thank a deaf person, I just say thank you.

Not to mention, a lot of Deaf people (esp. from the older generations) know how to lipread better than they sign. It's not like they live devoid of all society.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Big Grunty Secret posted:

I like the pink calendar with girly handwriting as a subtle clue that the OP is not only a sex-haver, she's a :siren:FEMALE:siren: sex-haver.

Well yeah, that's why it's stdh, those don't exist. Right?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

Well yeah, that's why it's stdh, those don't exist. Right?

I've heard the stories, but Snopes hasn't covered it yet, so I suspect it is not true.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

hyperhazard posted:

Not to mention, a lot of Deaf people (esp. from the older generations) know how to lipread better than they sign. It's not like they live devoid of all society.

Remember the stdh about the blind girl in spanish class who cried had a breakdown because she was asked her favorite color

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

so happy he CRIED

Someone posted this on fb and I mentioned how ridiculous it sounded and the guy called me an rear end in a top hat and hasn't stopped texting me what a dick I am.

:saddowns:

E: then he called me tacky

Joey Freshwater has a new favorite as of 22:45 on Jun 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

MindlessHavok posted:

Someone posted this on fb and I mentioned how ridiculous it sounded and the guy called me an rear end in a top hat and hasn't stopped texting me what a dick I am.

:saddowns:

E: then he called me tacky

You're tacky/an rear end in a top hat for having the audacity to believe deaf people don't burst into grateful tears because hearing senpai noticed them

• Locked thread