Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

TheDisreputableDog posted:

I just pointed out that outcomes and wait times were being deliberately and systematically misreported for who knows how long.

So, in made up "we don't kill people while they're waiting for care" fantasyland, yes the numbers look good.

I've never denied that the VA hasn't had its problems with corruption/lack of oversight. However, all the reports I gave came from external sources outside the VA looking at the raw patient data and overall system costs, which would be very hard to misreport. Your report does nothing to impeach my data. And your report suggests that the VA needs renewed oversight, increased funding, and a culture change at the VA, whereas the Republicans would rather scrap the thing outright. With all this chaff-throwing and dodging you're doing, it's clear you're not arguing in good faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bernie gets asked by Swedish TV why he likes Sweden so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4yBHnMUK5w

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I wonder why Bernie Sanders, Definite Racist, Possible KKK Member, Attended the March On Washington By Accident, was ranked 97% by the NAACP while Hillary Clinton, Champion of Minorities, was rated less at 95% while a senator... Clearly this is a mistake.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Gentle reminder that the whole birther movement was birthed as a whisper campaign by the Hillary camp.

Yeah, and McCain didn't make it to the general in 2000 because Karl Rove started a rumor that he had an illegitimate black baby. Don't pretend that your side is any better (because they're actually worse).

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I wonder why Bernie Sanders, Definite Racist, Possible KKK Member, Attended the March On Washington By Accident, was ranked 97% by the NAACP while Hillary Clinton, Champion of Minorities, was rated less at 95% while a senator... Clearly this is a mistake.

Again: Nobody here has called him a racist, or a KKK member. By making strawmen and parodies of the positions of people who are saying that Sanders needs to learn minority issues--especially when people like I have said that I'm sure he has the best interests of Black Americans at heart--you just look petulant and like you can't engage with any flaws whatsoever in your candidate. It's not at all a mistake--Sanders has consistently voted, as have most of the rest of the Democrats other than Blue Dogs--in the way that the NAACP is happy with. This does not make him in any way stand out from the field. It also does not, however, translate to black support for Sanders.

Is your plan to attract black support for Sanders to belittle and mock people who are trying to say that Sanders can improve on minority issues?

Deep Hurting posted:

Yeah, and McCain didn't make it to the general in 2000 because Karl Rove started a rumor that he had an illegitimate black baby. Don't pretend that your side is any better (because they're actually worse).

He's perfectly happy to say that both sides are just as bad--that brings the Democrats down to GOP level. Push the button, Frank.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

NAACP is bought and paid for like those black pastors Obama goes to dinner with, obviously.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I don't really see why it matters what Bernie thinks, since Hillary is going to be installed by the NWO Bilderberger globalists, probably to fulfill a plan related to keeping the British monarchy in control of the world.

quote:

The Bilderberg 2015 Conference, scheduled to take place this weekend in Austria will focus, at least in part, on “American elections,” according to a press release on the secretive cabal’s very limited public website.

The factoid appeared along with a list of attendees, one of whom is Jim Messina of The Messina Group – who just happens to be a chief advisor to Hillary Clinton. Messina also heads up the super PAC Priorities USA, which supported Obama and is now firmly in the Clinton camp.

In 2008, the Bilderberg Group met with both Clinton and Obama, in secret in Northern Virginia, while the nation’s press were shunted on to a plane in the belief that the President was traveling back to Washington.

It is believed that the group endorsed Obama over Hillary, as a more immediate candidate, with the plan being that Hillary would essentially pick up as president for a third Obama term.

Hillary has a deep rooted connection to the Bilderberg elitists.

Her husband Bill Clinton attended the 1991 meeting in Germany shortly before becoming President and he attended again in 1999 when the conference was held in Sintra, Portugal (despite Clinton’s lie that he had not attended in 15 years).

Hillary herself was rumored to have attended the 2006 meeting in Ottawa, Canada.

Their plan just makes too much sense! Can Bernie stop it in time? Wait, is that a gold fringe on Bernie's logo? NOOOOOO!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

You should for sure embrace this and never get over the fact that many black people disagree with Bernie that racial equality will come with economic equality so we need to focus on that. You 100% don't sound like a bitter manbaby who is legitimately upset that 'the blacks' aren't just doing as his group wants.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Cantorsdust posted:

However, all the reports I gave came from external sources outside the VA looking at the raw patient data and overall system costs, which would be very hard to misreport. Your report does nothing to impeach my data.

I'm not sure what this golden source "raw patient data" you're talking about.

The books were cooked. Patient data falsified. It took an internal whistleblower to stop it.

You can tell me I'm not arguing in good faith, but I'm not the one trying to pass off suspect and falsified data as unimpeachable fact.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Someone please stop Ted Cruz from doing any more impressions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AP_dUYA6-8

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You should for sure embrace this and never get over the fact that many black people disagree with Bernie that racial equality will come with economic equality so we need to focus on that. You 100% don't sound like a bitter manbaby who is legitimately upset that 'the blacks' aren't just doing as his group wants.

When has Bernie ever said this? Also, I'm not debs or whoever was making those bad posts earlier.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Since Bernie doesn't care about black people what are Hillary's proposals/ideals/speeches to tackle racism?

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

I'm not sure what this golden source "raw patient data" you're talking about.

The books were cooked. Patient data falsified. It took an internal whistleblower to stop it.

You can tell me I'm not arguing in good faith, but I'm not the one trying to pass off suspect and falsified data as unimpeachable fact.

The studies looked at the direct medical records of each patient and abstracted outcomes from that. Admissions, readmissions, infections that occurred, deaths. That's not tables in VA reports or averages calculated after the fact, that's the direct history of each patient. If you can't be assed to at least glance at the stuff I'm posting, then we really don't have anything to talk about.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

When has Bernie ever said this? Also, I'm not debs or whoever was making those bad posts earlier.

That Salon article that started all this talked about how in college that was his stance, and, ya know, his entire political career says 'yea he probably still thinks that'.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Since Bernie doesn't care about black people what are Hillary's proposals/ideals/speeches to tackle racism?

1. Wife of the first black President

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I think this is an extremely silly argument, but Hillary's two big policy speeches so far have been very much race-related.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Kill whitey

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Well, here's a speech she gave a little over a month ago about the need for prison/police reform, with a focus on how it affects minority communities.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

DaveWoo posted:

Well, here's a speech she gave a little over a month ago about the need for prison/police reform, with a focus on how it affects minority communities.

Ha! I even forgot about this one. I was only thinking of her big pushes on immigration and voter registration.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Cantorsdust posted:

The studies looked at the direct medical records of each patient and abstracted outcomes from that. Admissions, readmissions, infections that occurred, deaths. That's not tables in VA reports or averages calculated after the fact, that's the direct history of each patient. If you can't be assed to at least glance at the stuff I'm posting, then we really don't have anything to talk about.

I can't be assed to do more than copy paste Wikipedia but... Are you actually saying that wait times have no bearing on outcomes or comparisons to private systems? Because - come on, son

quote:

When investigators asked VA employees to explain "what occurred in March 2013" the employees said that "they were instructed by Business office staff to access the appointment schedule, review it for capacity, inform the Veteran of schedule availability, and then enter the Desired Date as the patient appointment date" and "By entering the Desired Date as the appointment date, the wait time … appears to be zero days."

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Santorum is on the lips of every young republican male.

This is the best post in this thread so far.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Nobody has said that Sanders doesn't care about Black people.

Why is it so impossible for you guys to engage on this topic without strawmanning?

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

I can't be assed to do more than copy paste Wikipedia but... Are you actually saying that wait times have no bearing on outcomes or comparisons to private systems? Because - come on, son

I agree that wait times do. But that's one reported outcome, and one of the most manipulable, as shown. When you look at less easily manipulable data, you still see good performance. Check the last study listed in my first post: http://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB9100/index1.html

Follow-up is just one of the many performance measures listed. The VA still performed better in general diagnosis, treatment, and specific care for a number of different diseases.

This is why I'm saying you're not bothering to read what I'm posting. Because you're focusing on one small part of the larger picture. Probably because that's the only part that you can criticize.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Joementum posted:

Their plan just makes too much sense! Can Bernie stop it in time? Wait, is that a gold fringe on Bernie's logo? NOOOOOO!

Does that mean his campaign is only subject to maritime law? Imagine the possibilities!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Does that mean his campaign is only subject to maritime law? Imagine the possibilities!

Danelaw, clearly. :denmark::hf::sweden::hf::norway:

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Great, now the FEC has to announce that they don't have the funding to bring pirates to justice this election season.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Joementum posted:

I don't really see why it matters what Bernie thinks, since Hillary is going to be installed by the NWO Bilderberger globalists, probably to fulfill a plan related to keeping the British monarchy in control of the world.

I've never really understood the obsession conspiracy theorists have with what are essentially groups of people shooting the poo poo that only happen to look important because the people in question are rich/famous/politicians/etc..

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Someone please stop Ted Cruz from doing any more impressions.

Is he running for president, or to replace Rich Little at The Venetian?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gen. Ripper posted:

I've never really understood the obsession conspiracy theorists have with what are essentially groups of people shooting the poo poo that only happen to look important because the people in question are rich/famous/politicians/etc..

tbf I bet shooting the poo poo would include some form of business talk with guys that high up in the food chain

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

Bernie gets asked by Swedish TV why he likes Sweden so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4yBHnMUK5w

Couldn't really hear anything over the wind, so I'm just going to assume he said it's their fish.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gyges posted:

Couldn't really hear anything over the wind, so I'm just going to assume he said it's their fish.

He basically asked the reporter what they pay/paid for stuff like doctor visits, college, and childcare, (spoiler: nothing/almost nothing) and then talked about how low their rates of child poverty and other social ills are.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Excessive wait times would be a problem with the funding not being adequate to serve the needs of the patients, not a condemnation of the system.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:golfclap:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Are you even actually a Republican? This is like sub- "angry old man ranting on facebook for the first time" quality analysis.

Didn't D&D used to have smart Republicans?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

VitalSigns posted:

Are you even actually a Republican? This is like sub- "angry old man ranting on facebook for the first time" quality analysis.

Like I said, he's the five cent version. You could replace him with any average commentator at Red State.

That Chris Christie guy has some intelligence and is at least well-spoken, but he spends most of his time cringing.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

VitalSigns posted:

Maybe they all forgot to rereg after Toxx For Romney/McCain?

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Excessive wait times would be a problem with the funding not being adequate to serve the needs of the patients, not a condemnation of the system.

The widespread and almost casual way wait times were covered up are certainly a systematic issue and emblematic of people's general fears re: single payer government run systems.

The people doing it were literally like "Well, this is just how you get wait times down."

Meanwhile - you have vets dying of cancer. Dead vets' families getting callbacks for appointment setups after they died.

Like, only a handful of people were actually fired because of it and a bunch of bonuses were still paid out. It's the biggest load of horseshit.

But sure, Obamacare is at a record low approval rating because republicans made up death panels one summer in 2009.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The widespread and almost casual way wait times were covered up are certainly a systematic issue and emblematic of people's general fears re: single payer government run systems.

The people doing it were literally like "Well, this is just how you get wait times down."

Meanwhile - you have vets dying of cancer. Dead vets' families getting callbacks for appointment setups after they died.

Like, only a handful of people were actually fired because of it and a bunch of bonuses were still paid out. It's the biggest load of horseshit.

But sure, Obamacare is at a record low approval rating because republicans made up death panels one summer in 2009.

I don't quite see how Obamacare relates to vets` underfunded and understaffed single-payer healthcare, to be honest. You want to walk me through that?

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

Citation Needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

So why didn't they just use the free market to get their health care first? :smugdog:

• Locked thread