Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

more like dICK posted:

It turns out everyone in this game is super friendly and I'll be able to do these Duties no problem :unsmith:

Jewelry is still the big thing holding my ilevel down though.

If you're on Excalibur, we can hook you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Ask crafter goons to make you ilv90 right side so you can spend your sol tomes on what's really important: Buying the good looking sol gear before HW comes and it becomes a pain to get.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

flosofl posted:

How did you set up your hotbars that way? I'd love to lay mine out so they match my game pad.

They're basically just 3 straight bars, with no skills on the "7" slot.

Then I went into options and set up hotkeys. You can assign a hotkey to any single slot:

I don't think the crossbar for gamepad is compatible with this, though. I don't play with gamepad because I'm too clumsy to use it, but when I tried, crossbar seemed more like an on/off thing than a "have 3 crossbars on your screen and bind buttons to single slots". Also I don't think a gamepad has enough buttons, so you'd have to use a bunch of shift keys? Seems like it'd be easier to just use the bar swapping that's built into the crossbar system.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Yo - Fellow female highlander hyur: What outfit are you rocking right now? After switching from catgirl to fem highlander, I can't quite find an outfit that's suitable. Seems highlanders have a bit of a stockier frame (like femroe) so extremely dainty outfits often look awkward but I'm a white mage so I can just load on the heavy armor.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Mordiceius posted:

Yo - Fellow female highlander hyur: What outfit are you rocking right now? After switching from catgirl to fem highlander, I can't quite find an outfit that's suitable. Seems highlanders have a bit of a stockier frame (like femroe) so extremely dainty outfits often look awkward but I'm a white mage so I can just load on the heavy armor.

PLD: Immortal Flames Hunt Glamour gear, tank
NIN: Fistfighter's
BLM: Allagan Casting gear, out of 1st Coil
WHM: Daystar

Allagan Healing gear might work, since it's so similar to Allagan Casting.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Eej posted:

DRKs aren't evil. They are vigilantes that bring the otherwise untouchable corrupt to justice.

that conveniently harness the power of darkness

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

Just like Black Mages.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Thumbtacks posted:

Have you even read the lore for DRKs?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

isk posted:

WHM: Daystar

I kinda think robes look universally awful on female highlanders.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

lol

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Carnivorian posted:

Controller Rocks. Use the trigger combo to hotswap crossbar 2 and you instantly have 16 buttons at your fingertips. More than enough for p. much anything without ever having to change crossbars imo
For now. Where am I going to put all these new abilities that are coming in Heavensward? :negative:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

kafziel posted:

Just like Black Mages.

Yeah, the BLM questline is literally about how you're learning to use forbidden magic that had been sealed away for being too destructive.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Xenoveritas posted:

Do they actually do anything or just send you a form letter? Because I don't think I've ever heard of anyone actually being punished for abusing vote kick, and I've definitely seen people use it to kick people for loot and the like.

It's unclear what punishments they mete out because it's just a form letter on the reporting end, but they do SOMETHING, and personally I'm happy even if they just threaten people and mark the account so if they get caught doing that poo poo again they are up for a temp suspension, but everyone believes because WoW GMs are worthless assholes that they won't do anything about this kind of thing in XIV which just isn't true.

It's why I like to encourage people to report for it, it's incredibly lovely, SE knows that it turns away players (one bad votekick experience can lead to a lost sub) and if it's reported more often it might happen less as it becomes a thing that people know they can get in trouble for.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mr. Trampoline posted:

For now. Where am I going to put all these new abilities that are coming in Heavensward? :negative:

When I setup the controller on PC, I offloaded a lot of non ability items to a vertical bar off to the side (sprint, return, tele, mounts, etc) which freed up 4 spots on my bar, I should be able to work in HW actions...I hope.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

vOv posted:

Yeah, the BLM questline is literally about how you're learning to use forbidden magic that had been sealed away for being too destructive.

White magic is restricted for the same reason. :confused:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Doublestep posted:

White magic is restricted for the same reason. :confused:

Holy is a pretty monster spell tho

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I killed Bahamut and all I got was a lovely Tshirt.

Thanks so much Ceci and cool people on Balmung!

Black and White magic were more restricted because they literally killed the land around them to power their spells. Eorzea is super rich in Aether now, but in the 5th era, I think it was, there was even more aether and all the mages were using it for super spells.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 9, 2015

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

Now I'm going to be disappointed when the armor Bahamut drops isn't literally a Tshirt with that phrase written on it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

readingatwork posted:

Now I'm going to be disappointed when the armor Bahamut drops isn't literally a Tshirt with that phrase written on it.

Close enough.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

I kinda think robes look universally awful on female highlanders.

The big problem for that specific robe model is the fact that it flares out really widely at the base. On races that have relatively slender frames or animations that keep their shoulders/legs in, it's not as bad, but it makes Highlander ladies look like they're wearing hoop skirts or are constantly surrounded by an invisible donut-shaped force field.

Healer-wise, I was wearing the fairly standard Maelstrom DoM uniform for a while. I still like it, despite it being somewhat more common than other robes:

Recently, I've switched hairstyles (and outfits). I'm using the Allagan Tunic of Healing, since it looks cool and is also insanely easy to get, now. For this outfit, the gloves are the Arachne crafted ones, the pants are Forager's, and the boots are the Starlight Boots:

I don't have a good screenshot of it, but I was also just rocking the regular ol' Ironworks Robe of Healing for a while, and I thought it fit great.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Ouhei posted:

When I setup the controller on PC, I offloaded a lot of non ability items to a vertical bar off to the side (sprint, return, tele, mounts, etc) which freed up 4 spots on my bar, I should be able to work in HW actions...I hope.
I have a vertical bar on the side that has non-essential abilities like Teleport, Return, and lengthy cooldown abilities so I can see when they'll come up again since they're on my extra trigger bars. But I'm a Ninja, and I just don't think I'll be able to fit in 5 more skills without having to resort to swapping hotbars with RB, which is... not my favorite.

If they could implement combo buttons that'd fix all my problems, though.

Spell_blade
Apr 8, 2009

Eimi posted:

Black and White magic were more restricted because they literally killed the land around them to power their spells. Eorzea is super rich in Aether now, but in the 5th era, I think it was, there was even more aether and all the mages were using it for super spells.

brokenknee posted:

At long last, I have cleared Turn 13. Thanks go to the A-team of Balmung for delivering me not only my win, but my

dirty loving face really cool looking stick that's going on my retainer.

You're welcome guys.

And Eimi, thank YOU for passing the staff. Finally, like 11 days before expac I get the staff.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

CoalforChristmas posted:

You're welcome guys.

And Eimi, thank YOU for passing the staff. Finally, like 11 days before expac I get the staff.

You're the one carrying me! :v: That was a sinfully low number of pulls I got on that fight before you got me my win, unlike t9 so least I can do.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Here are the glamours I use for my three main jobs:

Monk (Kaiser Knuckles Zeta, Artisan's Spectacles, Arachne Shirt of Striking, Picaroon's Armguards of Striking, Lady's Knickers (Black), Picaroon's Leggings of Striking):

Scholar (Dreadwyrm Codex, Artisan's Spectacles, Full Gambler's Set, Dyed Pure White):

Warrior (Scream of the Vortex, Artisan's Spectacles, Flame Elite's Harness, Dreadwyrm Gauntlets of Fending, Dreadwyrm Sarouels of Fending, Dreadwyrm Sabatons of Fending):

Also you did max your muscle slider, right?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Truga posted:

They're basically just 3 straight bars, with no skills on the "7" slot.

Then I went into options and set up hotkeys. You can assign a hotkey to any single slot:

I don't think the crossbar for gamepad is compatible with this, though. I don't play with gamepad because I'm too clumsy to use it, but when I tried, crossbar seemed more like an on/off thing than a "have 3 crossbars on your screen and bind buttons to single slots". Also I don't think a gamepad has enough buttons, so you'd have to use a bunch of shift keys? Seems like it'd be easier to just use the bar swapping that's built into the crossbar system.

First off, that's a great idea.

Second, I meant this as game pad. I guess calling it anything other than Orbweaver is just too ambiguous.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Here are the glamours I use for my three main jobs:

Monk (Kaiser Knuckles Zeta, Artisan's Spectacles, Arachne Shirt of Striking, Picaroon's Armguards of Striking, Lady's Knickers (Black), Picaroon's Leggings of Striking):

Scholar (Dreadwyrm Codex, Artisan's Spectacles, Full Gambler's Set, Dyed Pure White):

Warrior (Scream of the Vortex, Artisan's Spectacles, Flame Elite's Harness, Dreadwyrm Gauntlets of Fending, Dreadwyrm Sarouels of Fending, Dreadwyrm Sabatons of Fending):

Also you did max your muscle slider, right?

Ok glamours but ugly character.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I've had a billion loving highlander glamours at this point so here comes a dump

Tank Set I've been using forever

Other random sets

pretty dress up is my endgame

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I've been forgetting to upload pictures of my catman now that I'm on PC...

When I was using "Midnight Blue" for my dye, I just switched to "Ink Blue" which is super close to black.

Tried to match my bird, but the Armor of Light set is oddly shaped on catmen (like the proportions are off or something)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

flosofl posted:

Second, I meant this as game pad. I guess calling it anything other than Orbweaver is just too ambiguous.

Oh. Yeah, that'll work just fine. Since you have 4 rows of keys, you'll probably also want to go to character configuration -> hotbar settings -> sharing, and un-set hotbar 4 from shared, so it changes when you switch classes.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Orabilis posted:

But she liked the feast you made for her.

Something about cooking for other people and them liking it also makes me like it more than the other crafting quests, so I actually really liked the ending to that one.

And the sultana recognized my character :unsmith:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Velthice posted:

Other random sets

What item are those shorts? Don't think I've ever seen them before.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Vermain posted:

What item are those shorts? Don't think I've ever seen them before.

Lady's Knickers (Black)

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
Hey there if you're on Excalibur I'm making a new static for Heavensward. Feel free to check it out here: http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27533

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Well this is absolutely infuriating...

Just re-subbed, but I can't play because the game randomly crashes or goes to a black screen, then recovers after a few seconds.

I've tried rolling back drivers (currently running 347.25, no change), underclocking my card (it's water-cooled and never gets above 45 C so I don't think that's it), changing the TDR Delay in the registry. Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Intel i7 4770K
z87 motherboard
Nvidia 780ti

SOLVED: I was an idiot and used a DWORD (32-bit) when I changed the TDR delay in the registry. For 64-bit OS, you have to use a QWORD. Works perfectly now.

forbidden dialectics fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 9, 2015

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Nostrum posted:

Just re-subbed, but I can't play because the game randomly crashes or goes to a black screen, then recovers after a few seconds.

I've tried rolling back drivers (currently running 347.25, no change), underclocking my card (it's water-cooled and never gets above 45 C so I don't think that's it), changing the TDR Delay in the registry. Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Intel i7 4770K
z87 motherboard
Nvidia 780ti

It might be this:

http://np.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/38wh61/as_much_as_i_love_nvidia_cards_this_is_pretty/cryfd1v

Worth a shot, at any rate.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

It was already off :(. Thanks though.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Nostrum posted:

Any ideas?

Intel i7 4770K
z87 motherboard
Nvidia 780ti

Tried a clean install on your drivers? Tried redownloading the game?

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Tried a clean install on your drivers? Tried redownloading the game?

Yes, yes. I've run DDU in between all installs. I've tried 4 different drivers now.

This is the only game I'm having an issue with. Far Cry 4, GTA V, and Cities Skylines all run flawlessly.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
A bit of a dumb question, but have you made sure your system's set it to run on High Performance? I've made that mistake before on various games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Mythril cuirass, cotton bracers, felt gaskins, hunting moccasins, and angry eyebrows.

• Locked thread