Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Final Fantasy 13 trilogy (eventually)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Cool, buy me.... Uh akihabra strip

Too expensivish I think. I want to buy games for myself too.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Everyone buy the new guilty gear and play with me so I can become good at it.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm no Scrooge McDilbert but I like giving strangers on the Internet games during sale time.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

littleorv posted:

Too expensivish I think. I want to buy games for myself too.

Treat yourself to some akihabra strip then :cheers:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
The only game I want this sale is Resident evil 5 if it gets super cheap.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

K. Flaps posted:

Everyone buy the new guilty gear and play with me so I can become good at it.

Xrd or the one that just turned up on Steam?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Treat yourself to some akihabra strip then :cheers:

Already have it :cheers:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sakurazuka posted:

Xrd or the one that just turned up on Steam?

I meant the steam one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh. I don't have that.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Aww.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

dogsicle posted:

but do they get together

That'd be spoiling the ending! No they don't. His gladiator best friend in his previous life who was totally gay for him reincarnated into a girl, so you can guess how that goes. There's some nice mystery about what the hell happened in Pompeii between all the romantic comedy drama as well, since there's a couple other people who were reincarnated.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jun 9, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

buy me bladestorm or go to hell

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

That'd be spoiling the ending! No they don't. His gladiator best friend in his previous life who was totally gay for him reincarnated into a girl, so you can guess how that goes. There's some nice mystery about what the hell happened in Pompeii between all the romantic comedy drama as well, since there's a couple other people who were reincarnated.

I'm gonna read this.

I'm not a fan of the translator keeping honorifics in 79 Pompeii as is.

e: Oh wait, I didn't notice they hosed up a character's name with two different spellings on the very same page.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

Nope. If the game gets a decent sale you should buy it for yourself though. I really like it.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Btw I missed steam profile chat the last time it came up because I was wasting my time with my normie friends... If you want to add me to play Sf4 or something http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kflaps

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sakura Spirits is win you goddamn tards

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

:mrgw:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bladestorm is like £50 on Steam for a 360 port with some extra bits.

That's $76 if anyone was wondering.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Whoever tagged that with 'female protagonist' does not know what that means.

I was very disappointed.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I paid $65 CDN for it on the PS4. As much as I like the game it is not worth that much.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

How come WWE hasn't gone to someone like Mad House or Bones to make a Wrestlemania anime.

Studio David could probably do WWE a lot of justice.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

They should have called Castlevania: Judgement "Wrestlevania"

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is Bladestorm actually good? I very much enjoyed Hyrule Warriors, for reference. I know Dynasty Warriors games are apparently really hit and miss.

Also buy Gunhound, on sale or not, to support mecha games. It is even tagged female protagonist.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bladestorm is... weird. Its not really a Musou game, its closer to an RTS with your character running around the battlefield picking up squads of units, each with various weapon types that have a typical rock, paper, scissors relationship. The base game quickly got very samey and I don't know if they've added enough to the new version to offset that.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I own Analogue but have played very little of it.

I admit being drawn to the alleged Korean generation ship premise considering I've lived in Korea and taught on the subject of Korean history.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

it isn't 'some extra bits' it's an entirely new mode with tons of new content

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I own Analogue but have played very little of it.

I admit being drawn to the alleged Korean generation ship premise considering I've lived in Korea and taught on the subject of Korean history.
you are going to lol like crazy

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I will be sure to furnish progress reports when I actually get around to playing it.

Also the sequel, since I picked up both of them in a $3 bundle during some sale forever ago.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Worst Girl posted:

How come WWE hasn't gone to someone like Mad House or Bones to make a Wrestlemania anime.

Studio David could probably do WWE a lot of justice.

WWE doesn't actually like the Japanese or their wrestling

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Endorph posted:

'I have a yellow fever so bad that it's more like a yellow plague.'

lol

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Endorph posted:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
ty for goons for buying me huniepop, ive already gotten the cheeves

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

Nice job nameing three series that have never benn published in America and one that's out of print for years

read manga online like everyone else damnit

chumbler posted:

If you read one shoujo you've read like 70% of them.

Also Orange Yane annoyed me because when he finally had sex with the woman magically all of his problems were solved, he got like 15 promotions at work, and now whoops the only problem he has is too many women want to gently caress him (but he is of course totally devoted to his not-wife because he is perfect now and the other women only want to use him). It's like a salaryman's fantasy complete with immaculate public image.

well yeah, its from business jump :) tbh im just glad the dude actually had sex instead of the fidgeting around it in most shoujo (outside of smut) or the total lack of romantic knowledge in almost every shonen protagonist.

i remember the protags in koukou debut getting together about halfway through, but its been so long ago that i can't be sure. definitely published in english though!!!!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Allarion posted:

it still sounds interesting despite copping out of being gay, so I'll eventually read it

thanks

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I played the poo poo out of bladestorm on the 360 but im not paying the price its on steam and im not grinding for 60 hours again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

it isn't 'some extra bits' it's an entirely new mode with tons of new content

Like I said, some extra bits.

I wouldn't pay that for a completely new game.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the new mode is as big as the original mode is. its 2x the game. still, buy on sale because koei is not shy with putting their stuff up for 75% off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

chumbler posted:

I like the one with the big baps.

• Locked thread