Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Victor Vermis posted:

Gray is death.

Remember those dudes that got brown recluse bites in Iraq?

Imagine just scooping out grey dead flesh out of their legs/arms, a hole the size of your fist

still can't eat oatmeal to this day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Someone just shoot me.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gave Rick and Morty the three epsiode test. It's pretty good even though the third episode was gross as heck.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Rick and Morty owns. Keep in mind where that show came from:

:nws: Doc and Mharti :nws:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Rick and Morty owns. Keep in mind where that show came from:

:nws: Doc and Mharti :nws:

I'm catching up on Dan Harmon's podcast and Justin Roiland was a guest on the one I just finished.

Dude's an unfunny mess.

Or maybe he's brilliant. I dunno. I don't get adult swim stoner humor.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

In retrospect I'm honestly amazed that Dan Harmon managed to keep it together long enough to run a few seasons of Community. Unfiltered Harmon is a hell of a thing.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Remember those dudes that got brown recluse bites in Iraq?

Imagine just scooping out grey dead flesh out of their legs/arms, a hole the size of your fist

still can't eat oatmeal to this day

Brown recluses aren't found in most of the U.S., they sure as poo poo aren't in Iraq. Dudes got bacterial infections or something.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Spicy Guacamole posted:

I briefly forgot that I even had a class other than diffy q. :(
As of this morning it looks like we might have had 2 drop. Add rhe person who dropped yesterday, that brings our class to 3 people.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Got an A in my 4.5 credit bio class :yayclod:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gta.mov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAD6SEOi_TQ

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Two pedestrians straight up dusted.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

tbf looks like that first person just walked right into traffic

quote:

A shocking dash camera video from Taiwan shows an elderly hit-and-run driver injuring two people and crashing into another vehicle in less than 90 seconds.

The 85-year-old man, surnamed Zhuang, was on his way to see a doctor when he hit a transportation worker carrying a heavy load across the road in Kaohsiung on January 12, reported Apple Daily.

The pedestrian landed on the car’s windshield hard enough to crack it.

Instead of stopping, the elderly driver fled from the scene. Moments later, Zhuang came close to hitting a blue truck but managed to slam the brakes at the very last second.

He continued his journey, paying no heed to a red light right or to the female motorcyclist waiting at it. The video shows his car smashing into the woman and then taking off again as if nothing had happened.

Seconds later, Zhuang hits a car waiting behind a red light. The crash was witnessed by traffic policemen who stopped Zhuang.

The officers said they were surprised when the traffic hooligan turned out to be a frail old man.

Zhuang claimed that he was not under the influence of alcohol when the accidents took place. He explained that his reactions have gotten slow in old age.

The driver also claimed that he panicked after the first accident and decided to keep driving because "he didn’t know what else to do".

Zhuang was arrested for endangering public safety. Fortunately, both of the people he hit only sustained minor injuries.

Zhuang’s family will compensate their medical costs as well as the repair works of the female victim’s motorcycle.

The family promised not to let Zhuang behind the wheel again.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
More like carmageddon.mov

Why the gently caress would you have a dash cam when you are that old bastard? Surely you he can't be under the impression that he's a safe and responsible driver and that it's everyone else that's nuts.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That old dude just didn't give a gently caress. What's the worst that's going to happen to him? Death? I'm sure he longs for the relief.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

From the sound of it probably nothing happened, just a "DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!"

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Somehow I got tickets to see Jurassic World tonight in true IMAX 3D. Should be cool.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I really hope it's good and I can avoid major spoilers for a week. My dad wants to see it with me for father's day.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I really hope it's good and I can avoid major spoilers for a week. My dad wants to see it with me for father's day.

Well I'll let you all know what I thought afterwards.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

shyduck posted:

tbf looks like that first person just walked right into traffic

Asiandrivers.txt right here.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Read Alistair Reynold's novella Slow Bullets last night. It was fine. 190 pages, so it's a quick read.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The gay guy gets eaten.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

The gay guy gets eaten.

In the fun way, or the unfun way?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

In the fun way, or the unfun way?
:getin: I haven't actually seen it yet.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Today I made homemade soup for the first time in my life. Actually came out pretty good and I'm going to freeze a bunch of single portions for later.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Today I made homemade soup for the first time in my life. Actually came out pretty good and I'm going to freeze a bunch of single portions for later.

I've been eating a lot of soup for breakfast in South America (caldo de gallena etc) it's pretty great, honestly.

Hydrates you first thing in the morning, light and easy to digest. I recommend it if you're open to Alternative Lifestyles

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DownByTheWooter posted:

I've been eating a lot of soup for breakfast in South America (caldo de gallena etc) it's pretty great, honestly.

Hydrates you first thing in the morning, light and easy to digest. I recommend it if you're open to Alternative Lifestyles

Making big batches of stuff and freezing single portions has been very economical for me, so probably going to do this again.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ebb you are freaking me out

i just downloaded the S+O series last night after me and a friend were talking about america's funniest home video segment they did with the dog puking

and now here you are with a sweet new av

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

soup's awesome man i can give you a sweet leek and potato recipe if you want, costs like 10 bucks and feeds me for like a week

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ebb you are freaking me out

i just downloaded the S+O series last night after me and a friend were talking about america's funniest home video segment they did with the dog puking

and now here you are with a sweet new av

Got tired of dunson so I whipped it up quick. Did another one first from the "learning english" music video, but couldn't cut it down to fit and still have the same content.

Two Finger posted:

soup's awesome man i can give you a sweet leek and potato recipe if you want, costs like 10 bucks and feeds me for like a week

shoot

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Got tired of dunson so I whipped it up quick. Did another one first from the "learning english" music video, but couldn't cut it down to fit and still have the same content.

shoot

2-3 leeks depending on size and how big your pot is
5-6 spuds depending on size
200-300g of bacon, try to get decent quality as it affects the taste
chicken stock to taste
salt
pepper
six pack of beer

dice the bacon, fry, chuck in the soup pot (i normally just fry it in the pot), chop up leeks after cleaning etc, throw in pot, simmer until leeks are soft, clean and chop up potatos (don't bother skinning them), throw in pot, cover with water and however much stock you think you need, it doesn't need all that much, cook at medium heat until potatoes are cooked through
dump the whole thing into a blender and blend it until you have a good puree with the odd lump here and there
salt and pepper to taste
drink copiously while cooking
use bread rolls or whatever for dipping

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Sounds good, I'll try it. Trip report: two hours of work and not a lot of money has yielded eight portions of chicken soup now freezing. Had the added benefit of using up the rest of my veggies before they go bad. Unemployment has made me super averse to wasting food- shopping lists start with the cookbook and "what do I want to eat today?" changed into "what can I make with what's in the fridge already?"

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I have a few blueberry bushes that get eaten to poo poo long before they ever produce blueberries. This year I put up some netting around them, I just went out and found a huge pine snake all tangled up, probably 4+ feet long. I was going to try to free it but it was so tight it had cut the poor thing up and it was struggling and making it worse. I feel really bad :(

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

hahahahahahahaha reminds me of my final year of study

i could eat for a week on ten dollars or less
canned tomatos, beans like gently caress, whatever meat was in the clearance rack of the supermarket and about to go off, and if my parents gave me $10 or whatever for food that week a cheap six pack or bottle of wine

christ i do not miss those days at all

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Sounds good, I'll try it. Trip report: two hours of work and not a lot of money has yielded eight portions of chicken soup now freezing. Had the added benefit of using up the rest of my veggies before they go bad. Unemployment has made me super averse to wasting food- shopping lists start with the cookbook and "what do I want to eat today?" changed into "what can I make with what's in the fridge already?"

Having a well-stocked pantry will really help with that, too. Always having a bag of onions and a good selection of dry ingredients, canned tomatoes etc

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DownByTheWooter posted:

Having a well-stocked pantry will really help with that, too. Always having a bag of onions and a good selection of dry ingredients, canned tomatoes etc

Things I always keep in stock: onions, garlic, potatoes, chicken stock, canned whole tomatoes. I go through that stuff like gangbusters. I usually try to keep enough eggs and milk around to go with the dry goods since I can bake all sorts of quickbreads that way.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
*dump half a bottle of Sriracha for better taste

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Things I always keep in stock: onions, garlic, potatoes, chicken stock, canned whole tomatoes. I go through that stuff like gangbusters. I usually try to keep enough eggs and milk around to go with the dry goods since I can bake all sorts of quickbreads that way.

yeah even these days if you look in my food shelf most of it's ingredients not actual food - god alone knows how many spices, sauces, herbs, stocks, etc
it's not hard to eat well tbh you just have to make sure you have the stuff available

even basic things like having cumin and coriander and sage available make a big difference

it'd be worth your time to plant a small herb garden too, fresh herbs are delicious

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Two Finger posted:

it'd be worth your time to plant a small herb garden too, fresh herbs are delicious

oh man omelette of parsley and chivesssss drat son

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

DownByTheWooter posted:

oh man omelette of parsley and chivesssss drat son

except that the basil i planted died because like a retard i didn't think about the fact that it's a summer herb :argh:
the rest are doing fine though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I only support separate threads now if only so people don't bitch about posting recipes

Post your best recipes ITT

I've only ever used my crockpot once so far ugh

• Locked thread