Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I would crawl ass-naked over a sea of broken glass just to kiss a dick
I hated Vivienne and Sera the first playthrough, I went into this one trying to be more sympathetic to both of them.

I actually like Sera this time but I hate Vivienne soooo much more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Argh, I swear, either they made romances fiendishly complex to have, you need massive amounts of approval, or i'm missing some fundamental trigger on them. I have completed everything possible, getting every bit of Sera's approval possible up to and including the Ball, and no triggering cut scene.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

twistedmentat posted:

Argh, I swear, either they made romances fiendishly complex to have, you need massive amounts of approval, or i'm missing some fundamental trigger on them. I have completed everything possible, getting every bit of Sera's approval possible up to and including the Ball, and no triggering cut scene.

Are you a lady?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Shugojin posted:

Are you a lady?

A Qunari lady.

According to the Wiki, I should have triggered the cutscene that starts it off right after getting to Skyhold, but nope. This is exactly what happened in my first game too, but that gave me the scene with Cassandra, who I never chose a romantic option for at all.

Kimoosabi X
Nov 8, 2006

Anyone ever have any performance issues on PS4? I'm about 60 hours in, and Skyhold has started to become quite choppy for me, especially in the main keep. It hitches up for a second or two as things are loading in I think. I haven't really noticed it anywhere else until the Winter Palace, when I finally did the Wicked Eyes, Wicked Hearts quest last night. It hitched for a moment or two several times, usually in the areas with a lot of NPCs. Is this normal? It seems weird when most of the big, open areas I haven't had any issues with.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Kimoosabi X posted:

Anyone ever have any performance issues on PS4? I'm about 60 hours in, and Skyhold has started to become quite choppy for me, especially in the main keep. It hitches up for a second or two as things are loading in I think. I haven't really noticed it anywhere else until the Winter Palace, when I finally did the Wicked Eyes, Wicked Hearts quest last night. It hitched for a moment or two several times, usually in the areas with a lot of NPCs. Is this normal? It seems weird when most of the big, open areas I haven't had any issues with.

I only experienced hitching at one point early on (in the Hinterlands) - the game would freeze for a split second at very regular intervals, every second or so. Restarting the game made it go away.

But your problem sounds different. I'm guessing you restarted your PS4 already? Because sometimes the OS overlay, seeming randomly, slows down to the point of affecting games. Especially with certain dynamic themes.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Kimoosabi X posted:

I don't get choppiness, but I have had momentary pauses when running around Skyhold. I generally get it at consistent points too. I also see some deferred loading of customisable elements (and NPCs) if I'm runing around quickly. Rinkles comments on themes is worth bearing in mind. (I like the sci-fi brutalism of white cubes to go back to the basic 'flow' theme, so elect to take the hit :stare: )

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Kimoosabi X posted:

There are some "loading" areas, for lack of a better word. I always get one in Haven at the top of the stairs by where Varric is. Also I had some freezing when playing Here Lies the Abyss the other day, which I haven't seen before. Maybe due to a patch, I dunno. Other than Haven I hadn't experienced it in the game at all. At launch sometimes characters would sit there stupidly during conversations while stuff loaded but that went away.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My main issue, on PS3 not PS4, is sometimes voiced lines in conversations will not load and the game will hang until I mash square enough times to get to one that will.

Kimoosabi X
Nov 8, 2006

Hmm I am using the Transistor dynamic theme, and I did notice once when returning to the OS from Dragon Age to check a trophy that it was very choppy. I will try switching back to Flow and see if it happens again, thanks for the suggestion.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ahaha, I somehow never saw this before. Dragon Age 2 is the gift that keeps on giving.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

projecthalaxy posted:

My main issue, on PS3 not PS4, is sometimes voiced lines in conversations will not load and the game will hang until I mash square enough times to get to one that will.

I had this happen sometimes on my XBone and if I let it sit long enough eventually the lines would load. It gave certain parts of the game a hilarious community theater feel for me. "Hawke, Hawke, it's your line! Say something!"

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Watching my sibling play Jaws of Hakkon on PS4 last night and Iron Bull kept freezing in combat, happened three or four times. Would stay that way until they dropped out of combat, except the one time it happened during the second-to-last "major" fight: that time they could select him and he unfroze after a few seconds. Never saw that happen until post-patch.

Speaking of Jaws of Hakkon and the judgement you get to do, does that always come up post-Hakkon or can it be done before the last fight? One of the "special" options were unexpected and hilarious and shut up Cullen it's a GREAT idea.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

twistedmentat posted:

A Qunari lady.

According to the Wiki, I should have triggered the cutscene that starts it off right after getting to Skyhold, but nope. This is exactly what happened in my first game too, but that gave me the scene with Cassandra, who I never chose a romantic option for at all.

The game is trying to give you a hint, here.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I just got back from A-Kon, where I dressed up as Cole. It was a really great experience overall, and the people at the Dragon Age photoshoot were super nice.

There was also this really rad Cassandra:

Further proof of cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_upoiqgKL40
Reference to this.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I have to say, that Josephine is pretty fantastic.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

ApplesandOranges posted:

I have to say, that Josephine is pretty fantastic.

Yeah. Who posted these?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Beefstew posted:

I just got back from A-Kon, where I dressed up as Cole. It was a really great experience overall, and the people at the Dragon Age photoshoot were super nice.

There was also this really rad Cassandra:

Further proof of cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_upoiqgKL40
Reference to this.

I hope that Cass did nothing but make disgusted sounds the entire time

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah. Who posted these?
The entire gallery is open to public viewing here: https://www.facebook.com/rominck/media_set?set=a.10204448335075239.1073741839.1437480073&type=3

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I don't get the reference either.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Torrannor posted:

I don't get the reference either.

quote:

He is a ghost in the shadows, walking unnoticed through crowds. He can slit an enemy's throat before they even realize he's there, and slip away, never to be seen again. Those few who do notice him soon forget he ever existed… and Cole isn't certain that he does exist

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I have brought great shame upon myself.

~Forget~

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Well I played through this game and after reading up on some stuff, I totally missed

- Vivienne (never recruited her)
- the significance of the Solas reveal in the ending
- Blackwall's whole deal. He disappeared from my castle after the warden corruption thing but I never got/found any followup so he was still gone when I finished :downs:
- any romance. I liked the dwarf scout and flirted with her but it never went anywhere
- anything to do with Sera or Cole because I never used/talked to either of them

Maybe I'm just really bad at Bioware games.

edit: I also didn't actually find Dorian hanging around in my keep until the mission with the old elven temple near the end

peer fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 9, 2015

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

peer posted:

Maybe I'm just really bad at Bioware games.

it's this one

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
Want to look like an Avvar? Buy it for 4.99!

http://www.dragonage.com/en_US/news/spoils-of-the-avvar

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
If Storvacker isn't a mount option then I say gently caress 'em. :colbert:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Does anyone actually use mounts? You don't seem that much faster, you lose out on banter, and you have to dismount when you want to interact with things. It seems like an entirely unneeded feature.

I wonder if they had bigger plans for mounts, honestly, that they had to scale back due to whatever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wolfsheim posted:

The game is trying to give you a hint, here.

I'm saving that romance for a male elf thief.

And at Anime North there were amazing DAI cosplayers. There was one woman you had a TV level Cass costume and her friend had a spot on Sera as well.

Mounts honestly do not fell any faster than walking unless you force them to gallop, which only last for a few seconds. Really pointless.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Goddamnit Bioware where is my housecoat, fuzzy bunny slippers and mug of milky tea so I can reach peak rear end in a top hat-ness while I sentence people to death DLC?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I think they only included mounts because skyrim has them.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
for those curious about the other mounts they are a nuggalope and a bog unicorn reskin. The others are a dracolisk, horse, and hart.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Leelee posted:

Want to look like an Avvar? Buy it for 4.99!

http://www.dragonage.com/en_US/news/spoils-of-the-avvar

I see horses, and I see armor, but where's my horse armor?

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
Also, it's only medium armor, and looks...really weird.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Witcher 3 sure has made this game look incredibly lazy in every way huh.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Lord Lambeth posted:

Why? I don't play the Witcher games so this is a honest question.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Lord Lambeth posted:

They're both really good.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

grack posted:

Goddamnit Bioware where is my housecoat, fuzzy bunny nuggy slippers and mug of milky tea so I can reach peak rear end in a top hat-ness while I sentence people to death DLC?

gently caress Yes! If all sentences weren't pronounced during the day, I'd suggest also being able to equip a smoking jacket, a pipe, keep the nug slippers, and perhaps a tumbler of whiskey.

Bored fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jun 10, 2015

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Leelee posted:

Also, it's only medium armor, and looks...really weird.

Not even an utility slot. Pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Torrannor posted:

Why? I don't play the Witcher games so this is a honest question.

Preface: I liked DA:I

The Witcher 3 is wide open and freeroamy but every detail feels more meticulously crafted, the random missions you stumble upon are quick but meaningful.

DA:I feels like an MMO turned single player, The Witcher 3 does not.

They're both good games, but Bioware and Bethesda gotta step up their open world game, cause CDProjekt set the new gold standard.

EDIT: If you're interested in trying them now, be aware:
-Witcher 1 has not aged well at all. Skip it. The only thing it does well now is easing you into the world better than the sequels. The plot has little bearing on future games.

-Witcher 2 is not open world. The "Acts" are reminiscent of the larger areas of DA:I, though. Main storyline, side quests and some exploring.

All three games have always done "choice and consequence" better than anything Bioware has ever made.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 10, 2015

• Locked thread