Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

AnimalChin posted:

I'm pretty sure the race engineer in Project CARS is someones drunk uncle.

Isn't it Ben Collins otherwise know as the Stig? He presented fifth gear for a but and was devoid if personality so it explains why's he is so poo poo here. Nothing he says is in context.

https://youtu.be/-Q0x8onTErk

Personality vacuum.

Bigsteve fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ben collins is the best racing car driver of all time

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I like Maldonado because he's so crashy.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I'd like a Tiff Needell voice pack.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I want Brian Blessed

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

peter gabriel posted:

I want Brian Blessed

YOU'VE GOT A CAR ON YOUR TAIL, DON'T LET THE BASTARD CATCH YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Why is it that nearly every racing or flight sim community is roughly 80% barely literate English-speaking foreigners?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Any thoughts on when to do more goon racing events like the Clio cup? I'd prefer thursday nights but seems like sunday afternoons are going to net us more Euros.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I say we do the McLaren F1 trophy. That car is super fun to drive, and sounds gorgeous to boot.

Also, I did not know it had an airbrake.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Falken posted:

I say we do the McLaren F1 trophy. That car is super fun to drive, and sounds gorgeous to boot.

Also, I did not know it had an airbrake.

That, or a Superkart race round some long track like, say, Laguna Seca.

Also, how do I use the McLaren's Airbrake.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

The McLaren air brake is automatic.

njsykora posted:

YOU'VE GOT A CAR ON YOUR TAIL, DON'T LET THE BASTARD CATCH YOU

drat, this has me :lol:ing

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

widespread posted:

That, or a Superkart race round some long track like, say, Laguna Seca.

oh god no

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
How many ps4 goons play this? I'd love to race with some people who probably aren't going to ram me*.

I also just found out this has rift/morpheous support...I was on the fence about vr previously, but now that support for this is confirmed I guess I'm a convert.

Also is it bad that the more I play this game it's is making me want to spend $$$ on a wheel?

*intentionally

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

dog nougat posted:

Also is it bad that the more I play this game it's is making me want to spend $$$ on a wheel?

*intentionally

No, I'm buying a wheel because of this game getting me into other sims.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hold off until E3. Logitech may announce ps4 compatibility with the G27, which is a steal at $200.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

OhsH posted:

oh god no

Oh come on, what's the worst that could hap-

*suddenly everyone blows their engines by lap 2*

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

njsykora posted:

No, I'm buying a wheel because of this game getting me into other sims.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Hold off until E3. Logitech may announce ps4 compatibility with the G27, which is a steal at $200.

Word. At least internet nerds with shared interested can make me feel better about my desires. Also I'm not about to drop the bux on a wheel just yet, saving for vacation/need to see how much staying power this game has with me (a lot...I couldn't wait to get home and play)/$200 for a solid wheel is indeed a great deal. Even if it never happens art least I'll have the $$ for a good wheel. I spent about 45 minutes lusting after Fanatec Wheels yesterday. Golly they look nice, but spendy :stare:.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Bigsteve posted:

Isn't it Ben Collins otherwise know as the Stig? He presented fifth gear for a but and was devoid if personality so it explains why's he is so poo poo here. Nothing he says is in context.

https://youtu.be/-Q0x8onTErk

Personality vacuum.

I can't watch the video now, but he can't possibly be worse than Tanner Foust.

The american Top Gear would be pretty great decent if it wasn't for that dreadful twat.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

I don't understand where this keeps coming from - although I'd be very happy to be proven wrong. Amazon Germany posted up the G29 recently (http://www.amazon.de/Logitech-941-000112-Lenkrad-Driving-Konsole/dp/B00YUIM2J0/), so why would Logitech completely undermine it by allowing the G27 on the PS4 ?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Pcars forum. Ian Bell is telling people good news is around the corner for G27 users.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

widespread posted:

Oh come on, what's the worst that could hap-

*suddenly everyone blows their engines by lap 2*
I don't think I've ever blown a Superkart engine, even when hitting max RPM for 5+ seconds a lap for a 5~6 lap race. :shrug:

Laguna Seca would definitely be an interesting Superkart track given how twitchy they are and how turn-y it is; the corkscrew would be extra terrifying in a Superkart though.

AnimalChin posted:

[...] he can't possibly be worse than Tanner Foust.

The american Top Gear would be pretty great decent if it wasn't for that dreadful twat.
I don't think so. Rutledge is the only one with a potentially redeemable personality, but it's, in my opinion, an annoying and bad one. He might work with two other less lovely hosts, but the only thing that makes TG America worth watching is an interest in seeing some cool/dumb stuff with cars (whereas I've had a good success rate recommending Top Gear UK [:rip:... maybe not, but Top Gear America, and kind of Australia, prove that hosts make or break it] by countering "I don't like or care about cars" with "it doesn't matter, it's entertaining whether you give half a poo poo about cars").

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

bUm posted:

I don't think I've ever blown a Superkart engine, even when hitting max RPM for 5+ seconds a lap for a 5~6 lap race. :shrug:

Laguna Seca would definitely be an interesting Superkart track given how twitchy they are and how turn-y it is; the corkscrew would be extra terrifying in a Superkart though.

I DO know it's possible to blow a regular kart on LS. Not sure if that was with excess crashes or just doing 70+ in a 125cc. Money's on the latter since the AI simmed it at 30-40.
... actually, y'know what. I'mma try that nowish.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

widespread posted:

I DO know it's possible to blow a regular kart on LS. Not sure if that was with excess crashes or just doing 70+ in a 125cc. Money's on the latter since the AI simmed it at 30-40.
... actually, y'know what. I'mma try that nowish.

I had my superkart engine explode every time I hit 6th gear at Snetterton at the end the back straight, had to remember not to change up to it every time I restarted the race, yet other tracks it hit 6th gear fine - I'm guessing it's the stock tune as I've not really looked into the tuning side yet

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
I put off career mode for a little bit because I was just doing my own races and yesterday I decided to power through because gently caress karts. I've won my second kart championship so I think the 250cc ones are next but I am wondering if the invitationals get longer? Racing BMW M1s around Zolder was great fun but 8 laps was a bit lacklustre. I know they do get longer but how long until I get to some races with a decent amount of laps (yes I run 100% distance)?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Poison Jam posted:

I put off career mode for a little bit because I was just doing my own races and yesterday I decided to power through because gently caress karts. I've won my second kart championship so I think the 250cc ones are next but I am wondering if the invitationals get longer? Racing BMW M1s around Zolder was great fun but 8 laps was a bit lacklustre. I know they do get longer but how long until I get to some races with a decent amount of laps (yes I run 100% distance)?

Invitationals tend to be shorter races, especially since career races get really long (Formula A races are 60-80 laps at 100%) at the higher tiers.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Poison Jam posted:

I'm in my second year in career mode - had an invitational for a McLaren F1 race at Zolder, turns out it's a 3hr race which I'd not noticed until the start - even with the random 58% race distance I picked my arms hurt after 100 minutes of racing, also my engine blew as I was at the last corner so I was able to coast to the pits to pick a new one up :)

I've just got to the 24hr of Le Mans - I'd love to do 100% distance, but there's no save mid-race option - think I might just do a 3hr version

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
On PS4 you can save mid race, just put the machine in rest mode and the game is waiting for you when you turn it back on.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Poison Jam posted:

Racing BMW M1s around Zolder was great fun but 8 laps was a bit lacklustre. I know they do get longer but how long until I get to some races with a decent amount of laps (yes I run 100% distance)?

I did this invitational last night and it's what has inspired me to put career mode on hold until a patch dealing with AI rain performance is delivered. It starts raining about halfway through. I tried staying out on slicks but at about halfway through lap 7 it just gets too hard to stay on track and maintain a lead. So I restarted and this time pitted as soon as the rain started. Many AI drivers behind me pitted at the same time, but none of the ones ahead of me did, and they just stayed out on slicks for the entire race, their lap times completely unaffected by the rain. I went from 1st with a 10 second lead at the end of lap 4 to being 9th and 24 seconds behind the guy in 8th by the time I was back on track. I was able to whittle my way to within 19 seconds back from 8th by the end of the race. Still better results than when I stayed out on slicks in the rain, but the AI definitely had a major advantage in the rain.

Really annoying.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Basticle posted:

Any thoughts on when to do more goon racing events like the Clio cup? I'd prefer thursday nights but seems like sunday afternoons are going to net us more Euros.

Since literally no one answered this I guess I'll host an event next sunday again? (I'll still be around to race thursday nights)

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Basticle posted:

Since literally no one answered this I guess I'll host an event next sunday again? (I'll still be around to race thursday nights)
I already mentioned earlier that the only time I can play translates to about 8pm EDT or later on Fri/Sat. (this is Sat/Sun mornings for me but midnight UTC :/ ) Won't be able to please everyone and I think I am literally the only person here in Asia where that time works out for me. Also being the only person in Asia expect me to lag-bomb the poo poo out of everyone. Here's hoping that it's not as bad as it was in GTCC. :)

edit: I tried creating a Google Docs sheet so people can put in what times they'd like on a board but I sucked at making it.

edit2: Google Docs doesn't support calculating date *and* time together very well so gently caress that timesink

LiquidRain fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jun 9, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Sunday at the same time works well for me, at least. But I mean if I'm the only one who needs it to be that 'early' don't gently caress up the entire schedule just for me.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I just remembered I wont actually be home next sunday and the sunday after that is Father's Day so maybe this coming thursday for the next race?

Anyways :siren: a poll for the next event's cars :siren:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Man, the choice between the M1 and group A cars is pretty hard.

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?
I can typically do most evenings during the week. Sunday afternoons are going to be a rarity. Voted Atom because I've not driven it yet.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
Are PS4 goons interested in having our own, better, race series? I have no problem creating the lobby and hosting if there's going to be a decent number of people regularly and myself and Az always seem to be playing at unsociable hours for us which would be about 8pm ET onwards.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Pcars got some dlc today. Should be on the ps4 store when it updates in the afternoon.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Pcars got some dlc today. Should be on the ps4 store when it updates in the afternoon.

Bentley Speed 8
Bentley Continental GT3
BMW V12 LMR
McLaren F1 GTR
Mercedes-Benz CLK LM

See, Turn 10? This is how you do DLC. I am going to drive the poo poo out of all of these fuckers.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Falken posted:

Bentley Speed 8
Bentley Continental GT3
BMW V12 LMR
McLaren F1 GTR
Mercedes-Benz CLK LM

See, Turn 10? This is how you do DLC. I am going to drive the poo poo out of all of these fuckers.

idk turn10 dlc is p good and tbh they release working games

i for one want the god dang game patched

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

ethanol posted:

idk turn10 dlc is p good and tbh they release working games

i for one want the god dang game patched
Okay, it was good in Forza 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol