Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Edit: eh, on hindsight I don't care enough about how this comment could be misconstrued to keep it as is.

Dias fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jun 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
double knives you do sick combos and tricks with aren't cool enough for Woolie

dual knives are always cool this is a known fact about knives!

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

what the super best friends channel really needs is daily dota 2 gameplay

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Played by Pat. Probably alone.
Vs bots. Because screw playing with people in multiplayer games.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Really looking forward to the sudden whiplash in tone as Paper Mario comes out of nowhere as the new LP now that Bloodborne is dead for a few months.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
We didn't mention "Week of Shareware" because that's actually one of my better ideas that we WILL do eventually.

Busy summer months ahead.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeesh. All that and Wrustlemania 2? We're being spoiled.
Or well, probably not for the non wrestling fans.

HGH fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 8, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
week/month events are usually my favorite tbfp content so I'm excited

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

HGH posted:

Yeesh. All that and Wrustlemania 2? We're being spoiled.
Or well, probably not for the non wrestling fans.

Wrustlemania can make even the most hardcore "gently caress wrustling" person fond of wrustling.

Wrustling.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Wrustlemania can make even the most hardcore "gently caress wrustling" person fond of wrustling.

Wrustling.
Indeed.

They do a good job of selling me on how great it is without ever having to watching actual wrustling.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
can we get woolie's freedom planet theme as a ringtone

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

HGH posted:

There are more than enough games to make this a reality but I'd rather not see Pat die of frustration.

If you thought Nuzlocke was rough, woof, you'd be in for a trip.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

ArclightBorealis posted:

Indeed.

They do a good job of selling me on how great it is without ever having to watching actual wrustling.

Everything I know about wrassling I learned from tbfp!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Matt is still responsible for the best - even if unintentional - trolling of a wrestler ever. Poor Alex Riley.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

TheRealestMatt posted:

We didn't mention "Week of Shareware" because that's actually one of my better ideas that we WILL do eventually.

Busy summer months ahead.

If you're proposing a week of lovely old DOS games then good lord, do it now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Why not just make that a recurring feature, there's a nigh-limitless supply of lovely DOS games. And good DOS games! But mostly lovely ones.

I think I still have a CD with 400 shareware games on it. One of the only good ones I played was this Doom-like FPS that had Gruel as a food pickup. Forget what it was called though.

Also, Matt, if you have a DOS game week, the Fisticuffs has to be Scorched Earth.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Windows 3.1 pinball game shareware is life.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Shareware was the best, I will not listen anything against it :colbert:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

gently caress yes, finally gonna get my Jill of the Jungle full LP.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat and Liam Play The Winged Warrior Trilogy

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Okay, that intro animation for Jurassic Week is great.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Week of: board games.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Welp, Super Nintendo Jurassic Park is totally different from Genesis. I bet you can't even be a raptor in this one!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Captain Invictus posted:

Also, Matt, if you have a DOS game week, the Fisticuffs has to be Scorched Earth.

THE MOTHER OF ALL GAMES

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Silentman0 posted:

Welp, Super Nintendo Jurassic Park is totally different from Genesis. I bet you can't even be a raptor in this one!

No but you get to be BJ Blazkowicz for sections which is cool. Also occasionally a T-rex will stumble gently caress out of the bushes and bite your rear end in a top hat if you're not paying attention.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Captain Invictus posted:

Was gunna suggest Worms, but...

Charles Martel posted:

THE MOTHER OF ALL GAMES

Can't deny the strength of this truth.

Edit: Jazz Jackrabbit or Crystal Caves for Week of Shareware plz.

Edit 2: I am super hype for the Genesis Jurassic Park LP. The introduction used to freak me the gently caress out as a kid.

DPM fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 9, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Week of Liero.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
2:17AM and still no podcast. Hmm...

I finally got around to watching Sloshedborne and it was a good finale. I had no idea that creature made of eyes in the abyss even existed and Gehrnam's weapon is so loving cool.

Edit: It's up!

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 9, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Podcast curse AGAIN. They missed news that Platinum's showing a new game at E3. Also bloodstained gameplay.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I know they mentioned they do it Monday out of convenience and it's hard to get everyone gathered together otherwise(I forget the details, sorry), but with the industry's obsession with releasing news on Tuesdays, maybe trying to figure out a new plan might be in order?

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Yo Matt when's MK Mythologies full lp

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Yeah, I've been pushing for a Sub-Zero LP. No one wants to do it.

Also, tonight is JP Genesis. And honestly, it's aged very, very poorly. Control is awful, level layouts are confusing, it's hard to see anything, and overall, it's not very fun. It's a shame, because it's one of the few Genesis 3rd party games I saw growing up that looked cool.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

TheRealestMatt posted:

Also, tonight is JP Genesis. And honestly, it's aged very, very poorly. Control is awful, level layouts are confusing, it's hard to see anything, and overall, it's not very fun. It's a shame, because it's one of the few Genesis 3rd party games I saw growing up that looked cool.

Yeah but did the intro make you scurred?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Tae posted:

Podcast curse AGAIN. They missed news that Platinum's showing a new game at E3. Also bloodstained gameplay.

Also, the ReBoot reboot got greenlit....granted they've talked about it in the past and its high potential to suck due to the new premise.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

TheRealestMatt posted:

You tell those buncha jabronis that if they don't wanna do a Sub Zero LP that the channel will turn into an ALL MK SPECIAL FORCES ALL THE TIME channel.

Oxyclean posted:

Also, the ReBoot reboot got greenlit....granted they've talked about it in the past and its high potential to suck due to the new premise.

What if the ReBoot reboot goes belly up? Will the ReBoot reboot be rebooted?

reboot.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jun 9, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Fire all of them.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm hope we'll get to see the SNES Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues. I remember being a running home with it as a lIttle kid and being really confused at how dramatic the tone/story shift was. It was also hard as gently caress and we never got past the second stage. The first stage's music was really, really good too.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

What the hell, that sucks. You need better best friends. Perhaps you need... SUPER BEST FRIENDS?

Awful jokes aside, yeah the Genesis game was pretty bad. I know this because I was stuck with nothing else to play for a long while. The final boss can go screw itself too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
That had all the catalysts of a good podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TheRealestMatt posted:

It was one of the few non-Sonic genesis games I had. Sucks that it's bad and it wasn't just that I was bad at it. I thought it was super cool how Grant and the Raptor had separate levels / level layouts. On the other hand, gently caress the river raft level as Grant.