Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Someone enlighten me on how good a manager he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

A nobody colombian who plays in the Portuguese league. Madness to think he'll go for that much

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I always thought Enrique was good but then one day he just seemed not to be played anymore and he must have had a bad game or run of games but I can't remember that happening. Also the best Jose Enrique moment at Liverpool was when he had to play in goal.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
juventus have signed khedira

http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/news/khedira+signs+for+juventus

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

52% win ratio at Besiktas despite literally not having a home stadium or any money. Knocked Tottenham and Liverpool out of the Europa league. Completely rebuilt the Croatian national team (merking Steve McClaren in the process). Plays attacking football without it being Bielsa's weird 3-3-3-1 system (which doesn't really work considering West Ham's best player is a left back).

While he clearly wasn't the first or even third choice, I think it's a good appointment.

Ziggy Tzardust fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 9, 2015

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bogan Krkic posted:

Eastern European connections, you'll love him, Steve

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'm hearing Arsenal triggered it.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

52% win ratio at Besiktas despite literally not having a home stadium or any money. Knocked Tottenham and Liverpool out of the Europa league. Completely rebuilt the Croatian national team (merking Steve McClaren in the process). Plays attacking football without it being Bielsa's weird 3-3-3-1 system (which doesn't really work considering West Ham's best player is a left back).

While he clearly wasn't the first or even third choice, I think it's a good appointment.

I'm hype

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I'm surprised he hasn't gone to England for the wages. I'm not fully up on the dates of TV money coming in, but I thought this was the summer that English clubs could suddenly pay far higher wages than everyone else.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Hoops posted:

I'm surprised he hasn't gone to England for the wages. I'm not fully up on the dates of TV money coming in, but I thought this was the summer that English clubs could suddenly pay far higher wages than everyone else.

That doesn't mean they want to give the money to him

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoops posted:

Supposedly a lot of the English teams passed on him. I'm a bit surprised United didn't want him, though.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Hoops posted:

I honestly can't remember the last time Enrique played.

But despite his obvious flaws and the fact he's genuinely a stupid man, there still aren't many better left backs. Barely any teams in the world have good left backs.

He's declined a lot due to the injuries but yeah he has put in some great performances for us and it's weird to put him in a codetags of our worst players. He's not a Liverpool legend but he's earned enough respect to not be compared to Aspas and Coates. :smith:

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Wonder if Juventus are planning on losing a midfielder or phasing out Pirlo.

Brony Car posted:

Borini will likely hang around like a bad rash. How much longer does he have on his contract?

Transfermarkt says another 2 years which assumes he signed for 5 years initially.

I think if he only had a single year left that would've been reported, but who knows.

Edmund Honda fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 9, 2015

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

more importantly he's in a metal band

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Edmund Honda posted:

Wonder if Juventus are planning on losing a midfielder or phasing out Pirlo.

Transfermarkt says another 2 years which assumes he signed for 5 years initially.

I think if he only had a single year left that would've been reported, but who knows.

I think Borini is probably gone this summer. He's one of the few players that Liverpool don't need that actually has some value.

Fridtjof Nansen
Jun 12, 2013

People find it difficult to resist your persuasive manner.
John Carver sacked.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11662671/John-Carver-sacked-by-Newcastle-United.html

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
John Carver to sign on is a done deal.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

RIP

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I think Borini is probably gone this summer. He's one of the few players that Liverpool don't need that actually has some value.

He's shown an unwillingness to step down a level, and is on better than good wages. He'll probably hang around a while yet.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

Machinegunboyo posted:

A nobody colombian who plays in the Portuguese league. Madness to think he'll go for that much

I'm sorry if you spend your days with your nose so deep up Andy Townsend (or whoever passes for a "analyst" over there's) rear end to realize that "Da Pryde an' Jy of my chlestrol coated artyries Engurland" isn't actually "all that" and is full of team that in fact can't even get past a basic Champions League group stage. But see the rest of the world, they have teams that do. With football that is infinitely more entertaining, of better quality, and with just as relevant top players; of which Jackson Martinez is one. Who has broken forth and featured on every single stage he's faced, chewed up one dimensional defensive tactics like the ones you use over in England for breakfast, and scored with every single part of your body, unlike your average white blooded countryman who couldn't be bothered to try a bicycle kick, much less score from one.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

rip just rip, best coach in the league lost his job

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

sassassin posted:

He's shown an unwillingness to step down a level, and is on better than good wages. He'll probably hang around a while yet.

I think he only turned down Sunderland. If a club that isn't in the middle of a tailspin tries to sign him, he might be more interested.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I can't see any way he'd be more clueless or maliciously incompetent as Allardyce seemed to be at times, so probably good news all around for West Ham.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

oliwan posted:

John Carver to sign on is a done deal.
disgraceful misuse of the tags

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Feel sorry for him. Made interim manager because the club lacked the foresight to approach a replacement for Pardew in a reasonable manner, took over a team full of players who clearly didn't give a poo poo, had to deal with a boatload of injuries and suspensions in a squad that was already paper thin thanks to some ridiculous transfer decisions of which he had no control, and was immediately hounded by fans who up to that point never said a bad word about him.

Could at least have kept him on as a coach.

kcer fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 9, 2015

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Ungratek posted:

Never understood why people like Manquillo, everyone looked terrified to pass him the ball and he would immediately play back when he got it

That's just The Liverpool Way, it's nothing personal.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

kcer posted:

Feel sorry for him. Made interim manager because the club lacked the foresight to approach a replacement for Pardew in a reasonable manner, took over a team full of players who clearly didn't give a poo poo, had to deal with a boatload of injuries and suspensions in a squad that was already paper thin thanks to some ridiculous transfer decisions of which he had no control, and was immediately hounded by fans who up to that point never said a bad word about him.

Could at least have kept him on as a coach.

It was a pretty horrible situation for him but we really need new coaching staff

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Healbot posted:

If that's what the word is, then congratulations Manchester United on your new signing

pdog
May 7, 2013

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Knocked Tottenham and Liverpool out of the Europa league.

He didn't knock us out, only the pool.
Speaking of Spurs, lack of chat on here for us, but apparently we are in for Anthony Martial, and Timo Werner.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Healbot posted:

This is because Arsenal are a gay fail club that post transfer rumors to their website, and they posted this one.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

trem_two posted:

Jackson Martinez's agent said that Martinez will leave Porto in the coming days, as his €35m release clause has been met.

probably by Valencia

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Mean Bean Machine posted:

probably by Valencia

There is some speculation that it could be Milan too.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Grimble posted:

I'm sorry if you spend your days with your nose so deep up Andy Townsend (or whoever passes for a "analyst" over there's) rear end to realize that "Da Pryde an' Jy of my chlestrol coated artyries Engurland" isn't actually "all that" and is full of team that in fact can't even get past a basic Champions League group stage. But see the rest of the world, they have teams that do. With football that is infinitely more entertaining, of better quality, and with just as relevant top players; of which Jackson Martinez is one. Who has broken forth and featured on every single stage he's faced, chewed up one dimensional defensive tactics like the ones you use over in England for breakfast, and scored with every single part of your body, unlike your average white blooded countryman who couldn't be bothered to try a bicycle kick, much less score from one.

Thank you for the Jackson Martinez meltdown, though I was hoping it would be that other spastic to do it again

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Jackson Matinez will become Arsenal's version of Juan Cuadrado. Overhyped, disappointing, and destined for a transfer back to the continent.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vinestalk posted:

Jackson Matinez will become Arsenal's version of Juan Cuadrado. Overhyped, disappointing, and destined for a transfer back to the continent.

Arsenal aren't signing Jackson Martinez. He'd be the most un-wenger-like signing ever.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
To be honest, 5 years ago we would have said the same for Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vinestalk posted:

To be honest, 5 years ago we would have said the same for Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez.

Wengy had done big money transfers before, just not for a longttime. Ozil and Alexis aren't that different from Overmars and Bergkamp. Martinez is kind of expensive and is pushing 30. Plus I don't think Wenger has ever signed a player from the Portuguese league.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
If AC Milan get Jackson Martinez and Inter get Cuadrado its going to be a very interesting season in Italy and the quality of the league and level of competition will definetly be higher.

That Shaqiri-Icardi-Cuadrado frontline is gonna be really interesting.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
yeah 2 players are going to elevate the whole league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Weaponized Cum posted:

yeah 2 players are going to elevate the whole league

Suarez leaves and the prem turned to poo poo so its entirely possible

• Locked thread