Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

PerpetualSelf posted:

Pique can suck my balls loving oval office headed dweeb.

hahaha he owns, with his Kevin Roldan comment he hit the madridistas right where it hurts, he always knows how to rile them up, gotta love Pique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Thats a bad translation right? He didn't actually say that?

It is and he didn't.

That's a pretty safe assumption whenever someone in this thread claims "Spanish player said X, what a oval office" without including a Spanish language source.

beer_war fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jun 8, 2015

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

beer_war posted:

It is and he didn't.

That's a pretty safe assumption whenever someone in this thread claims "Spanish player said X, what a oval office" without including a Spanish language source.

Have you got the direct quote then?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Dani Alves has been ridiculously good for Barca and I'm glad he's going

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

serious gaylord posted:

the only thing you find is the statement in English. Since you can't find that statement in spanish in his twitter, or on any interview i guess you can safely assume it's just some butthurt englishmen who refuses to believe England has fallen to fourth in best league in the world ranking.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2015/06/07/champions/1433712757_275423.html: "los que fuisteis a Berlín os comisteis a la afición de la Juve"

Literally: "those of you who went to Berlin ate up the Juve fans".

I can see how someone might have carelessly translated it as "We crushed the Juve fans!" without thinking of the unfortunate connotations.

The point is, there is no way you can get from his actual words to 'He is talking about Heysel'.

You may now debate for at least 5 pages whether Piqué was literally endorsing cannibalism.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

beer_war posted:

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2015/06/07/champions/1433712757_275423.html: "los que fuisteis a Berlín os comisteis a la afición de la Juve"

I can see how someone might have carelessly translated it as "We crushed the Juve fans!" without thinking of the unfortunate connotations.

The point is, there is no way you can get from his actual words to 'He is talking about Heysel'.

You may now debate for at least 5 pages whether Piqué was literally endorsing cannibalism.

Uhh, it was obviously a Suarez reference?

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

:haw:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

beer_war posted:

Good. I doubt any footballer would be stupid enough to say anything like that but you just never know.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

serious gaylord posted:

I doubt any footballer would be stupid enough to say anything like that

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Sevilla has to close their north goal stands for 4 games because of the insults against Real Madrid

Jesus Christ the European FAs just want fans to go to games and sit on their seats shouting their own team's name over and over

what a bunch of crap

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

What do expect from a cold blooded killer.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

El Hefe posted:

Sevilla has to close their north goal stands for 4 games because of the insults against Real Madrid

Jesus Christ the European FAs just want fans to go to games and sit on their seats shouting their own team's name over and over

what a bunch of crap

Chelsea's and Arsenal's seats are safe then

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

El Hefe posted:

what a bunch of crap

I thought it was because they were chanting against Betis during the RM game and somehow that's "violent conduct".

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Drogadon posted:

I thought it was because they were chanting against Betis during the RM game and somehow that's "violent conduct".

sorry yeah that's what it was

such a stupid penalty

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
hopefully Aleix is at least as good as Adriano, not expecting a Dani Alves but another Douglas would be sad.

he did win the Europa League with Sevilla and played quite well so hopefully he keeps it up

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

El Hefe posted:

hopefully Aleix is at least as good as Adriano, not expecting a Dani Alves but another Douglas would be sad.

he did win the Europa League with Sevilla and played quite well so hopefully he keeps it up

The face of a man who just signed a contract and realized he can't play for 6 months.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Shrapnig posted:

The face of a man who just signed a contract and realized he can't play for 6 months.

he can still play friendlies!

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Wouldn't it made more sense for him to stay at Sevilla till then?!

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Ewar Woowar posted:

Wouldn't it made more sense for him to stay at Sevilla till then?!

he can use that period to adapt to the team I guess

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Fifa will be dead in a month, so they won't have to concern themselves with their ban.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Lladre posted:

Fifa will be dead in a month, so they won't have to concern themselves with their ban.

Free my nigga negrito Suarez

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Dani Alves has signed a two year extension with Barca

Cool and good that

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
So does Luis Enrique, Pedro and Alba.

Now they can sell Douglas for €0 because who the gently caress is gonna pay any money for him

Great news all around

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

real good news. I dont know why I thought this year would be different, it seems after each season everyone syas he's leaving and then he stays.
I bet Messi just texted the board and said "keep him cus I like him and he's nice to big Mar"

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
He was a done deal last month, not sure why people continued to speculate.

I wonder if Cesç is having regrets for bailing.

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Luis Enrique staying on always seemed contingent on the outcome of the elections. Though I imagine being a treble winner might have changed that.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Lladre posted:

He was a done deal last month, not sure why people continued to speculate.

I wonder if Cesç is having regrets for bailing.

i doubt cesc with the funny c has regrets considering barca with the funny c wrote a really pathetic letter when he left

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Dani Alves has signed a two year extension with Barca

Cool and good that

El Hefe posted:

So does Luis Enrique, Pedro and Alba.

Great news all around

:slick:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Barca owed Arsenal £3m if they won the Champions league as part of the vermaelen transfer but because he never played in it they don't have to lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

drat was really hoping Dani Alves would leave. He's a oval office and I hate him but he's been so loving good for Barcelona it's ridiculous.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The tax cheat is going to court.

https://twitter.com/elpaisinenglish/status/608592963380350978

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

good, it's time the midget paid for his crimes

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

advanced statsman posted:

good, it's time the midget paid for his crimes

What did kwagga do now?

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

all these rumours about tevez going to atletico, would be perfect fit for him

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Supposedly Rafa and Perez got in a fight over strikers - Rafa wants Morata, and Perez wants to go Galactico for Aguero. The only thing they agree on is that Benzema is going out the door.

Really looking forward to the '15-'16 Real Madrid implosion.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Montasque posted:

Supposedly Rafa and Perez got in a fight over strikers - Rafa wants Morata, and Perez wants to go Galactico for Aguero. The only thing they agree on is that Benzema is going out the door.

I can't imagine any manager saying "no, please don't buy Aguero." Plus, couldn't the Madrid squad accomodate both Aguero/Morata and benzema?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Montasque posted:

Perez is a loving retard, this is going to be a glorious season.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
It's hard to believe a manager would object to signing Sergio Aguero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Hegay posted:

drat was really hoping Dani Alves would leave. He's a oval office and I hate him but he's been so loving good for Barcelona it's ridiculous.

Agreed except for hoping he would leave. Biggest oval office on the team.

• Locked thread