Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i wanted approx. 500% more kushida vs oreilly raving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
loving lmao if you think two countries play baseball.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Cricket's more over.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Baseball = 1985 Flair
Cricket = 1985 Hogan

This is a competely fair & legitimate analysis.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

dsriggs posted:

Baseball = 1985 Flair
Cricket = 1985 Hogan

This is a competely fair & legitimate analysis.

Slamball = 2015 Shane Douglas

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Uhhh...Japan plays it you loving idiot

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

njsykora posted:

Slamball = 2015 Shane Douglas

Arena football = 1995 Shane Douglas

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

america
japan
???

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mexico
Like all of Latin America
Netherlands
Italy
China
Korea
Taiwan

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Don't forget Canada you marks

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Uh we all know baseball isn't a real sport and all but aren't Cuba and the DR both pretty big on baseball?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Those are just minor league territories for the MLB

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I like that Filthy Tom and Bryan have admitted that they're both too scared of Dave to stop him when he gets going on a subject :3:

sportsgenius86 posted:

lol at Dave completely blowing off Elgin

Didn't he give an Elgin match 5 stars, too?

Also, give Yano a break, Dave :colbert:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I like that Filthy Tom and Bryan have admitted that they're both too scared of Dave to stop him when he gets going on a subject :3:

Didn't he give an Elgin match 5 stars, too?

Also, give Yano a break, Dave :colbert:

Yea Elgin-Richards from Showdown in the Sun Night 2.

loving everyone has soured on Elgin though.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Isn't Richards vs Elgin the only ***** ROH match ever besides that one featuring all the DG guys?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Thauros posted:

Isn't Richards vs Elgin the only ***** ROH match ever besides that one featuring all the DG guys?

Samoa Joe vs Kenta Kobashi and Samoa Joe vs CM Punk 2 as well

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

You have never watched an actual baseball game if you think it's only played in America. I mean good for you cause baseball sucks but there are a lot of non-American guys playing baseball in any given game.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
And unlike other sports that are popular worldwide, Baseball had a distinct reverence for its stats that makes them into cultural touchstones. Half of the reason steroids are such a talking point in baseball is the various assaults on the single season home run record in the late 90s and early aughts followed by Bonds taking the career record.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

And unlike other sports that are popular worldwide, Baseball had a distinct reverence for its stats that makes them into cultural touchstones. Half of the reason steroids are such a talking point in baseball is the various assaults on the single season home run record in the late 90s and early aughts followed by Bonds taking the career record.

I remember really grasping just how big a deal baseball stats are to some people when I saw a guy win a loving Oscar (I think, maybe it was an Emmy?) and while he was up on stage doing his acceptance award he started to talk about Mark McGwire breaking the single seasonhome run record and he burst into tears he was so overwhelmed by the enormity of such a thing.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 9, 2015

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

WeaponX posted:

You have never watched an actual baseball game if you think it's only played in America. I mean good for you cause baseball sucks but there are a lot of non-American guys playing baseball in any given game.

It's gotta be like 60% Latinos and Japanese dudes.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
If you don't know much about baseball, all you have to remember is that Barry Bonds loving owns and everyone just hated him for being too good at baseball

He was like Hulk Hogan if everything Hulk Hogan said about himself was actually true

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He certainly took his vitamins!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Barry Bonds was so much better at baseball than everybody else that it was absolutely ludicrous. If you go into SAS and ask in a baseball questions thread for somebody to illustrate just how good he was at baseball, you will be treated to statistics that just boggle the mind.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shine posted:

Barry Bonds was so much better at baseball than everybody else that it was absolutely ludicrous. If you go into SAS and ask in a baseball questions thread for somebody to illustrate just how good he was at baseball, you will be treated to statistics that just boggle the mind.

I like that the stats for his last season in the league were so good that it was obviously the league colluding to blackball him that resulted in it being his last season. Dude could legit play today and still probably at least be better than one starter on each team.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

baseball is insanely trash let's talk about real records like wade barrett's career W-L

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

epitasis posted:

baseball is insanely trash let's talk about real records like wade barrett's career W-L

it's always gonna be 3-8

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

A wrestling writer omitting a person's achievements because of alleged steroid use, now I've seen everything.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Shine posted:

Everyone knows that the greatest statistical outlier in the history of world sport was Don Bradman :colbert:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'd have preferred it if he just had a mental lapse.....:smith:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Yeah, you'd think if anyone would respect a guy who was a giant dick and probably on a cocktail of dangerous drugs, but those attributes allowed him to be amazing at his craft, it would be a wrestling journalist. What the hell Dave.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's because he thinks dumb baseball is a shoot

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Actually, steroids are good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Yeah, you'd think if anyone would respect a guy who was a giant dick and probably on a cocktail of dangerous drugs, but those attributes allowed him to be amazing at his craft, it would be a wrestling journalist. What the hell Dave.

It's probably because of all the people he knew who died because of all the drugs they took.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Barry Bonds would live forever if only they would immortalize him in the Baseball Hall of Fame,

What I'm saying is Dave needs to step up to the plate and put Test in his Hall of Fame

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Test is still dead?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

NienNunb posted:

Test is still dead?

RIP Andrew "Test" Martin.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

NienNunb posted: